April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Wa'i of Burgundy Brevidith
Captain
 Posted: May 10 2018, 02:48 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

383 Posts
1030 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Name: Wa’i
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality:
Wa’i is a straight laced go getter. He has no qualms about getting his hands dirty to accomplish his goals. He has a temper and a strong morality and sense of right and wrong. He has his goals and nothing stops him from accomplishing them. He is very strong willed and opinionated.
He has no problem saying how he feels, but is very happy and friendly generally. He likes being around people and hearing what they have to say. He likes being involved to boot and its hard to keep him away from the action. He’s easy to make smile, and easier to make sing.

Appearance:
Wa’i is a tall man with an olive complexion and narrow eyes. His straight black hair hangs to his waist, usually in a tight braid. His eyes are dark and despite his best efforts, he can’t grow facial hair.
He is missing his right arm from the shoulder down and scars run across his torso from collarbone to hip.

Family:
Wakano - Father
Lerai - Mother (Deceased)
Lakeno - Brother, -5
Werio - Brother (Deceased)

Pets:
Any pets your character has (see the Main Stall in the Market.)

History:
Wa’i was born Waketai to a pair of holders. His childhood was uninteresting, and he holds no grand concerns about it. He had a good singing voice, however. The white wherry plague killed his mother and one of his brothers after his father brought a gift home for his mother.
Wa’i was a harper, once upon a time. That came to an abrupt end when he was Searched at 15, yanked from Harper Hall before he made Journeyman. He had no complaints, especially since he Impressed Brevidith days later. But not before he was bowled over and had his chest torn open by a brown that then went Between. Brevidith found him as he was drug towards healer camp, riding there on his legs.
Wa’i maintained his voice as he grew, and Brevidith has his own singing habits, crooning and making a variety of noises to accompany W’ai in his singing.
They made it through weyrlinghood with little difficulty. Mostly Wa'i's need to know and his mild nosiness. He likes being a part of things and has ideas about how things should be done. If they are done differently, he'll balk at the chance and take his time adjusting. It makes any grand adjustments
When Brevidith gave chase, Wa’i found himself in bed with a man he didn’t particularly like. But their dragons kept winding up together and so did they. While they didn’t dislike one another, turns after the fact, they did begin to get along more and a sort of friendship formed.
Doomfall left him with scars along his cheek and shoulder. More importantly, it took his arm. An erratic burst of Thread caught the pair unaware, catching Thread along his left arm. It bored into him, as Thread is wont to do, and his screams were silenced as Brevidith took them Between and landed with a crash into the bowl, keening with pain for both himself and his rider. His own wing was torn and bone laid bare with threadscore. Wa'i was in equally bad shape and the pair were rushed to the infirmary, where Brevidith had his wing slowly repaired and Wa'i lost the use of his arm entirely, eventually losing the limb as a whole due to a combination of atrophy, damage and infection that sunk in. It was a worst case scenario, but he fought on.
They recovered, obviously, and returned to their Wing when fully healed.
Life continued as per usual, with Wa’i accompanying others to Grove during the expedition that unleashed the plague on Pern. He came out unscathed, surprisingly, and opted to stay in Dalibor while he recovered and then just never left. Funny how that seems to happen…

Dragon Name: Brevidith
Dragon Age: 10
Dragon Color:Burgundy
Dragon Length: 30
Dragon Personality:
Brevidith has goals and purpose and Wa’i will be there with him through the entire thing. He is pretty tactless, frequently shoving himself into situations and conversations. Whether it’s to voice his opinion or simply see what was going on. He’s nosy and involved. He’s also overly fond of attention and enjoys having it on him, even if its negative. Attention is attention.
He’s very fond of music.

Dragon Appearance:
Brevidith is a tall, lanky creature. He seems to be all leg and wing and tail with very little body. His body is predominantly a darker shade, with his head and a streak down his back being lighter. It goes all the way down his tail. The lighter shade splits down to either side of his wings like racing stripes.

Dragon History:
Brevidith knew Wa’i was his once he burst from the shell. The brown just complicated things, but that was okay. He could work with only one arm. Brevidith climbed on board and rode his rider to the healers.
They made it through weyrlinghood with only minor difficulties, most situated around making things work for Wa’i’s one arm. But between the pair of them, they made it work. They adapted and graduated with the rest of their class.
He gave chase as soon as he was old enough, landing Wa’i in bed with a greenrider that he didn’t get along with… But funny how a little sex will make you overlook differences. The pair got along when Brevidith flew the same green multiple times over the next couple of turns. The riders never took a step towards any sort of relationship beyond friendship.
When Threadfall grew more dangerous, Brevidith enjoyed it as much as anyone could. He took threadscore during Doomfall, but only complains during the winter when it aches more.
When Wa’i opted to stay in Dalibor, Brevidith was okay with this, excited to see what the future held.

Adoption Preference: Transfer.

Bought Slot - 4 left.

PM
^
Ruin
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:22 PM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3350 Posts
20 Marks
Member Inventory: View

user posted image

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil