Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass
With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?
The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...
... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin
. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.
IC Candidate Rules
|Oodles of Fun
Member Inventory: View
You are free to break rules as long as you understand that there can be consequences, and as long as you rationalize the scenario in which the rulebreaking occurred (ex. how a Candidate managed to leave the Weyr without permission, or how they managed to get close to the eggs despite the clutchmother's protective presence). Please PM one of the current CMs to discuss it, however. CMs are not perfect, but you should negotiate a plausible scenario rather than assuming your Candidate is unsupervised.
All Candidates are aware of these rules. Upon being searched, the searchdragon will contact one of the Candidatemasters, who will generally meet the new Candidate at the barracks, assign them a room, and lay out the expectations of them.
The IC punishments for rule violations are decided IC, and are based on the severity of the violation, as well as other factors (i.e., whether the Candidate has been a troublemaker in the past, whether they put someone else in danger, whether they had a really good reason to punch that guy in the face). Minor punishments can range from extra chores to loss of privileges. Major punishments include being barred from standing at a single hatching, kicked out of Candidacy, or, in extreme cases, being completely banned from the hatching sands and the stands, which means no chance of a stands Impression. This last punishment is reserved exclusively for violent offenders or those who put dragons in danger, and who are considered too dangerous to allow anywhere near an Impression.
Candidatemasters are listed on the leadership sidebar.
Wher candidates may also consider the alphahandler and betahandlers to be Candidatemasters.
- The Very Brief Day of a Dragon Candidate: [morning] breakfast, Craft lessons and/or chores, Candidate lesson (only if there is a clutch), [afternoon] Candidate lesson, chores, [evening] dinner, sleep.
Wher Candidates have the same basic schedule, but [morning]s start after dinner. Instead of lessons, they will sometimes be assigned to shadow a handler on patrol or watch a pride drill. They answer directly to the Alphahandler and are expected to go to her immediately if called.
- Sexual relationships are forbidden. This is to condition Candidates for the utter non-sexuality of weyrlinghood, and to prevent Candidate pregnancies which will disqualify that Candidate from Standing.
- Girls are forbidden from entering the boys' half of the barracks and vice versa during the night (day for wher Candidates). During their active candlemarks, they are expected to only go to the other side of the barracks for a good reason (to find someone who is late, to attend a sanctioned party, etc.), and not to stay to hang out.
- Alcohol and any kind of mind-altering drugs are forbidden (unless prescribed by a healer).
- Violence and reckless endangerment of oneself and others are forbidden. This includes any violent crimes committed by one's pets. Candidates are responsible for both their own behavior and their pets. A non-bonded pet which endangers others (canines, felines) can be taken away. Uncontrollable firelizards and pillies may unfortunately result in the Candidate being asked to leave Candidacy.
- Candidates can leave the Weyr grounds during the day, but must "check out" with a Candidatemaster and state their reason. Craft duties are acceptable, chores are acceptable (all outer-Weyr chores should be conducted in pairs), visits to the beach in sight of the docks are acceptable, camping out in the woods alone is not acceptable. Frivolous trips are more likely to be tolerated if the Candidate takes another Candidate or someone in a supervisory capacity with them.
- Dragon Candidates may not leave the Weyr grounds at night and must return from all daytime excursions by sunset. This is to avoid the greater risk of injury presented by lower visibility, to avoid potentially being attacked by a wild wher, and to avoid being mistaken for an intruder by the patrolling handlers.
Wher Candidates may leave the Weyr grounds at night, but only to shadow Wherhandlers on patrol. In most cases, wher Candidates will not be assigned to shadow handlers outside the grounds, but it may be arranged if desired.
- Candidates are trained in and expected to participate in ground crew operations on Thread days. They will never be assigned to a ground crew made of all-Candidates.
- Candidates must obey anyone higher-ranked than them (i.e. almost anyone in the Weyr, aside from Apprentices unless those Apprentices are acting as representatives of Journeymen or Masters). If orders conflict, the hierarchy is as follows: Weyrwomen/Weyrleaders, Candidatemasters, Wingleaders, other dragonriders, Masters, Alphahandler, Betahandler, other wherhandlers, Journeymen. Visiting Lord/Lady Holders take a precedence equivalent to a Craftmaster's. For Wher Candidates, the Alpha and Betahandlers are equivalent to the Candidatemasters. Candidates are expected to behave professionally and respectfully to everyone, higher-ranked and lower, at all times.
- Candidates may go anywhere at almost any time if they are being escorted by a dragonrider. That rider assumes responsibility for any and all mishaps that may occur. The Candidate must still report their absence and reason for leaving to the CM.
- Touchings are not typical at Dalibor due to previous incidents and a general prevalence of overprotective clutchmothers. A Candidate caught trying to get close to an egg will be severely punished, and is in danger of a mauling from the clutchmother.
- Viewings are typically permitted. Candidates must follow the directives of the clutchmother's rider and never go onto the sands themselves. The exact directions vary based on the clutchmother - some will only allow viewings at specific times, some will allow Candidates in the stands at any time. If it has not been made clear what the rules for this clutch are, ask the clutchmother before assuming.
- Candidates are expected to arrive promptly at a hatching when called by the clutchmother. Even if you post late in the hatching OOCly, you should assume your Candidate arrived on time. Candidates who arrive late may be in danger, depending on the clutchmother, of being sent away again or even being mauled.
- Girls Stand in one group and boys Stand in one group. This is Pernese tradition. On occasion this will be slightly altered based on clutch dynamics, but it will always be made clear if this is the case.
- Making excessive bodily motions, chatting, or moving from your place on the Sands is forbidden. This can frighten dragonets and lead to mauling. Please note that if you want a mauling, you should still be wary of breaking rules that could cause it; they endanger dragonets and other Candidates as well, and said Candidate, if they do not Impress, could very well be banned from standing for life.
- Thinking gentle, positive thoughts toward hatchlings is recommended.
- Attacking hatchlings, even if they attacked you first, is forbidden. Candidates are trained to slowly evade by strafing to one side of an oncoming dragonet, and to "drop dead" if they get attacked.
- Helping those who have been mauled is forbidden. Candidates should not move from their places or leave the Sands. There are healers on-hand at every Hatching to collect and attend to casualties. Candidates are Candidates first and healers second, even if they belong to the Craft.
- Directions from Weyrwomen, the clutchmother's rider, or the CMs should be obeyed. Where these directions conflict, the hierarchy is: Weyrwomen, clutchmother's rider, CMs.
- Candidates should wear sleeveless white robes that cut off at the knee to the Hatching. These robes are provided to them and stored in the barracks. Aside from tailoring to make the robes fit exceptionally tall or short Candidates, the robes should not be modified. Sandals are traditional, though boots are allowed. In recent times, it has been recommended that if Candidates fear mauling, they may wear light leather armor under their robe. Hair should be neatly groomed and, if worn long, tied back.
1. No advertising.
2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.
3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.
4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)
Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy