April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Squeaky-Squeak., SP:17 (Rii) Ev'ion / G'dan
RhiaBlack
 Posted: May 14 2017, 08:06 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks
Member Inventory: View

The Fall always left him exhausted, in the days that followed. Wyisselieth stretched himself out, oversize wings fluttering slightly as he yawned and lowered his head down to bump His; Ev'ion's attention was on scrubbing out a soot-mark he hadn't managed to get from the evening before. That, or Wy had rolled onto it when he'd stretched out on his ledge in the early morning candlemarks, while the Wingsecond had been working on his designs.

Ev'ion was shirtless, with his pantlegs rolled up, barefoot in the shallows as he worked to wash his Purple. Water up to his hips on occasion had saturated his pants, the cloth clinging to his sizable thighs as he bore a slight sunburn given the exposure. Wyisselieth continued to boop His' shoulder and back, until Ev finally turned around and threw the cloth he was using over one of the subking's nostrils. Wy snorted, and it went airborne a few dozen feet, before crashing to the water's surface with a whap, before being retrieved by the Purple's tail. Dropped across Ev's arm, Wy chuffed at His, inspecting his own hide before frowning at the long, pale scar along his left thigh and haunches.

"Don't get all bent out of shape again, you look fine."
I will when you get done with me, won't I?
"Don't you always?"

Ev'ion snickered, patting his drake's shoulder before scrambling up Wy's foreleg, lifted until he grappled hold of the leading edge of his dragon's wingjoint, before being deposited onto Wy's neck. The bucket and brush were retrieved by the dragon's tailforks, before Ev stuck the cloth in his beltline and hit his hands and knees to start scrubbing soapsand into the light lavender of his contrast-beacon. Many colors were the sort that might have blended in with the scenery; Wyisselieth was not, and never would be. Ev, however, was all right with that.

There was another who wasn't, either.

Prith, Wy's voice sounded in his mind. Hers is a hide I would love to have. She is beautiful, MineOwn, look at her. She is more Yellow than Green, I think.
You should say hello.

His Purple was instantly shy.

N-no, she's probably busy, maybe we should just...oh dear...
"Silly, she's not going to bite."

Ev'ion lifted a hand and waved at the Yellow-Green, and Hers, in greeting.

@Rii

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: May 15 2017, 07:51 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2443 Posts
2562 Marks

They'd survived another Fall.

who cares

They'd performed well together; they usually did. Thread hadn't so much as nicked them in Turns, and their Wingleader never had anything to say to them. Not flashy, not heroic, but just a fighting pair that did their duty.

because of Prith

always because of Prith

what other reason do I have

There was Arendel. There was Sebol.

not enough

but there's Prith.

I think I should like to swim, G'dan. It would be good if you came too. The green dipped her head, blowing spicy-warm breath into her rider's face gently. She knew all too well what that distant expression on his face meant, would know even if she wasn't also aware of the thoughts behind it. She knew just how much of his quiet functionality was a facade. A lesser dragon might have wondered if they were still loved, given the longstanding depth of sadness and pain that she couldn't erase.

Prith was not a lesser dragon, no matter what color her hide. She knew he loved her. She knew that it was often the only thing that kept him going. But there needed to be more sunlight in his day than her greenish-yellow hide.

Come along. She gave him a gentle nudge in the shoulder, then another before the man responded, straightening up from his slouch to scratch along one of her eyeridges.

"Mothering me again, Prith?"

Do you need to be mothered, G'dan? There was a touch of humor to her serene mindvoice, and he smiled reluctantly.

Okay, you win. Getting up, G'dan walked out to the ledge of their weyr with her, scrambling up her back for the short ride down into the Bowl to the lake's edge, then sliding down with the habit formed from Turns of partnership. Their arrival was noted, it seemed, as a rider waved to them both. Do I know him?

He is Wyisselieth's. Prith always had known dragons and their riders far better than G'dan ever did. They have come from away. Wingseconds in Upper. She dipped her head, addressing the purple directly instead of just her own rider. Hello, Wyisselieth. Are you enjoying the water today?

The smith stayed on dry land as his green waded into the lake until she could largely float in it. Tentatively, he lifted his hand to wave back at Ev'ion, even though he knew he was dooming himself to a conversation he'd probably fumble his way through until he stopped trying. "Um. Hey."

@RhiaBlack

PMAIM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: May 17 2017, 05:04 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

Ev'ion wasn't as apprehensive to greet the pair, clearly, as his Purple was; it was only when Prith's own mindvoice spoke to him, that the very-light purple head came up, and his eyes went from worried yellow to much more soothed green.

Hello, hello, he finally answered a bit shyly. I am, Mine was so tired last night, that he did not get all the soot off of me, so he promised we would bathe and I would get oiled tonight. It is...much warmer than the water back home. Though I suppose that I can't say that now, that this is home?

A tentative reach-out of his long neck, sniffing at the Green's wingtip, though she was a bit far from him to be able to reach much else.

MyEv is trying to make friends here, I don't think how I...well...when I was trying to play with Baihujinth, that it...helped, much. Wy sounded a bit disappointed. The other drakes here are much more serious with Flights than those I flew with back home. Lesson learned, though, right? He blinked, dipping his snout under the surface and looking her over. Your hide is very pretty. I am telling MineOwnLoveMost, you are more Yellow than Green, like....like a pretty antique gold ring. So very nice to look at, and yet, so much more than people might think, the longer they look at you.

"All right, cassanova," Ev'ion snickered. "He hasn't hushed about how pretty he thinks Prith is, since we first got here. I believe my boy is smitten, G'dan, my apologies." He offered a hand, once he'd come within range. Storm gray-blue eyes took the other man in curiously, and while he looked no share lacking in musculature, Ev's grip was both strong and not overpowering. Sure, and when he spoke to G'dan, he looked him square in the eye - if, of course, the other man might let him do so.

"I don't think we've been formerly introduced, something that seems quite....well, copious among our type. Ev'ion, of Purple Wyisselieth, formerly of High Reaches Weyr. It's a pleasure, truly."

There had been no question as to what orientation Ev'ion was, much as he attempted to keep it private; the fact he'd somewhat kidnapped C'lainn to his weyr after Couineth's Flight left no doubt as to which way his proverbial pendulum swung. That said, he wasn't obvious about it - he didn't oogle G'dan like some cut-rate piece of meat, though his expression was open and quite intrigued all the same.

"Come to do a bit of swimming?"

Wy moved close to his, nudging with his nose, before he moved his head to reach towards G'dan curiously.

@Rii

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 10:43 AM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2443 Posts
2562 Marks

It is only natural to call where you came from home. G'dan still sometimes refers to Telgar as home, though it has not been so since before I hatched. She paddled closer, until her legs were under her and she was essentially laying on the lakebottom half-submerged.

It depends on the Flight, it depends on the dragon. Baihujinth is very serious. So is his. The senior queen flights here have been contentious in the past. Prith extended her neck, nudging the purple gently. But yes. Live and learn. Do not take it to heart too much; you are new here. Being new is often difficult.

G'dan took the hand offered to him, his grip firmer than his build might have indicated; there was plenty of hard muscle to him from work in the smithy, but he was fairly compact. Not like certain ironriding beasts of men who looked like they could break you with one hand. "It's alright. It doesn't bother her, I mean, not much ever bothers Prith, but he's not even bad, you know?" His dark brown eyes met Ev'ion's for a bit, expressive with a unique blend of shyness, melancholy, and engagement. The purplerider had piqued his curiosity, if only because he wasn't sure how he'd come to the other's attention at all, unless it was as Prith's rider.

"G'dan of Green Prith... but, you knew that." His head dropped, the greenrider releasing Ev'ion's hand to rake his hand through his hair nervously. "It's good to meet you too." He looked towards Prith, because it was easier than looking up at the handsome purplerider. Really, he hadn't felt quite this flustered since he'd got asked to be Day'ar's weyrmate, and that was a long time ago. "Ah... no. That is, yes. I mean sort of. Prith did, I just came along for the ride. She swims, and I just tinker." When Wy's head hove into touching range, he glanced at Ev'ion again to make sure that it was okay before scratching the purple's eyeridges.

"How've you been finding it here? Aside from the... um... flight." He'd heard about the trouble with Wyisselieth. It had hardly seemed like something to make an incident out of, but some people had to make mountains out of motes. Anything for a bit of gossip.

@RhiaBlack

PMAIM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:38 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

They are strong, and I suppose when there is so much responsibility upon their shoulders, it would make anyone aggressive, perhaps. It was my fault, I should not have acted so brashly, maybe. But, still, this is home now, and it will be until either EvMine and I have to move on somewhere else, or we are no longer here. Wy's nose pushed down politely into G'dan's lifted fingers, rumbling before he shifted his head to let the Greenrider get to his eye ridges. It appeared the Purple didn't precisely care whether or not His wanted him to; attention was attention, and Wyisselieth was a sponge when it came to it.

Ev'ion's brows only twitched, a very, very faint amount when G'dan's grip was much stronger than it appeared. Stronger than the Purplerider had expected, from the looks of it, though the surprise was subtle. The rake of his hand through his hair had Ev smiling, though that, too, was subtle. He wasn't a man of extremes in any right, but he did tend to be a little blunt where some things were concerned. That being said, he did understand tact.

"He's actually horribly shy, it was the most heartbreaking thing when I Impressed him. I didn't think he was going to Impress, he spent so much time hiding, poor thing."
I am much better now, Wy protested, which earned a soft laugh from Ev'ion.
"Yes you are. Much better."

It was time again for Ev'ion to look surprised.

"Tinker? Now I'm curious..." He'd only heard the term referenced by a Smith a handful of times, over the course of his life. The look shifted slightly to some illegible sort of expression, and it was the Wingsecond's turn to rake a hand through his own hair. "Well, it seems this place has a rather strong distaste for new people, at least as far as transfers and outsiders go. Nobody's been outright hostile, but it's been....difficult, I think. People missing those who transferred out to Grove, I suspect, plus the influx, it feels like everyone's on-edge. My Wingmates seem reasonable, though, so there's that silver lining, and despite the kerfluffle during Couineth's Flight, most of the other drakes don't seem to have an issue with Wyisselieth. So we'll see how it pans out, it's only fair for them to be a little apprehensive."

He turned to start cleaning up his dragon once more.

"You're a Smith, I take it? Forgive me for being ignorant to things, I do my best to get my information from people, not second-hand, so short of your name and Prith's, and something about a lost weyrmate, I admittedly probably only know as much about you as you know about me. Good things, in some ways, probably," he winked with a small smile. "All aspects of that aside, I'm very sorry to hear about your other half. It's not easy."

There wasn't a day that I'jel's memory didn't haunt him. Much as he'd gotten as far over his former weyrmate as any lost lover left behind possibly could, the premise of the fact he'd not been as interested in replacing his former beau as he seemed to wish to convince himself that he was, had weighed heavily on him. He'd had more than his share of lovers since just before his departure and his arrival here, but nothing substantial. Part of him wondered if he would ever really be ready to move on, but here he was, confronted with an attractive man and his equally-alluring - to his Purple - Green.

"I'm....sorry if that's a sore subject, it just occurred to me it might not be something you want to talk about, I don't know how long ago it was, so I...well...sometimes I'm a little more dry than people tend to like." Ev, though he could be loud, was pretty softspoken. Almost to a point where if G'dan wasn't standing so close, he probably would have been unheard. "If I step over a line or something, please let me know. People here seem so much more...non-conventional, I suppose, compared to back home, sometimes I have trouble reading whether or not I'm stepping on toes."

@Rii

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Jun 27 2017, 04:09 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2443 Posts
2562 Marks

G’dan scratched the purple’s eyeridges willingly, enjoying the contact almost as much as he did with Prith. It was always rewarding to see the extra tint of blue that came into her eyes whenever he gave her a good scratch. “I’m… um… sorry to hear that. There’s been trouble with outsiders before, here, and… well, it doesn’t excuse it, really, but that’s probably why. And all the shuffling around of people from this Weyr to that Weyr to another one, doesn’t really help with people being upset.” He sighed. It was so much easier to not get involved. Consequently, he hadn’t really lost anyone to the new Weyr, because he hadn’t anyone left to lose except for Sebol and his children.

“Smith, yes. I made journeyman before I was searched. I mostly make… well, toys, small-scale models of things, or try to redesign existing things. Tinkering.” He gave a ghost of a smile. “Not very useful, I guess, but it’s something I have to do or else I have a head full of ideas and nothing to show for it.”

“Three turns,” he answered automatically, “ten months, twenty-five days and-” G’dan shut his mouth with a click before he could go further. He knew it down to the candlemark, the exact moment he’d realized that Day’ar and Ambrith had failed to make the last between jump back to Dalibor after that disastrous Threadfall was over, but he also knew it was weird to be able to produce that information without stopping to count it up. And even if he was weird, he had an abhorrence for being looked at that way. He cleared his throat nervously. “Sorry. Doomfall. It was Doomfall.”

This summer would mark four turns without his weyrmate. And some days it still felt as raw as it had the day he’d lost him.

“You’re not over any line. I-I don’t think, anyway.” He looked up into Ev’ion’s eyes, then down. “I don’t… mind, really. It’s almost four turns, no one asks anymore, no one really thinks about it. He wasn’t… a really popular outgoing type, so not a lot of people got to know him, not a lot of people really miss him. I’d rather have it acknowledged that he was there and isn’t now, than have people walk around on eggshells like a mention of it will shatter everything.”

“It’s not easy,” the greenrider added softly, his tone one of agreement - because somehow, he was sure that Ev’ion was speaking from experience. “But would you want it to be? Sometimes... the thought that I might forget like everyone else seems to have, that’s what hurts the most.”

@RhiaBlack

PMAIM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 11:08 AM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

Wy nuzzled into G'dan's side as the Greenrider paid him attention, gleeful in the fact and for a moment almost completely ignoring His.

"He's also a big suck when it comes to attention, so I dare say you and Prith might have some company on the ledge when I'm busy. He tends to gravitate towards kindly people and dragons. If he gets annoying, just shove him out and send him home."
I hardly invite myself anywhere, thank you very much...
"You say that, and yet I don't believe you..."

Wyisselieth looked indignant, that sort of 'why I never' expression that never failed to make Ev'ion laugh, and the Wingsecond patted his Purple's shoulder as he kept up with the washing.

"You're right, it certainly doesn't help, but my own home Weyr was somewhat bad about being wary of newcomers, too, so there's that. I expected a bit of apprehension, but we'll see. Once I prove I'm not just going to show up and be a problem, I imagine things will calm down a little bit."

Ev'ion listened curiously as Gess betrayed what he did as a Smith; at the sense of 'what I do isn't useful', the Purplerider's hands stilled against his drake's hide.

"What you do is plenty useful, in my opinion," he countered. "You bring joy to people of all ages, I would suspect, which in and of itself is quite useful given the circumstances of what we do. Sometimes the smallest things can bring people joy in the smallest ways. What you do is plenty useful. If anyone ever says it's not, they can come hold a conference with me, and I'll be happy to find the flaws in their argument." Ev shifted his weight where he stood, and went back to scrubbing. "Besides, some of the best ideas start out as people just tinkering around with something. You're far more useful than I think you realize you are as a Smith. There aren't many of us around to start with, it seems like, these days. So everyone who is, is already of pretty significant value." He looked sidelong at Gess with a slow grin. "And pretty, and significant on top of that."

The look broke his heart, coupled with the very specific declaration of when G'dan's weyrmate had been lost. The fact that it seemed, to the Greenrider, that nobody else cared that the other man's former mate had been lost. He couldn't blame them in some parts; for the larger Weyrs, there were so many Riders and Handlers that it wasn't feasible to know everyone, but even still, it didn't mean that a loss of that scale was so easy to dismiss.

Ev'ion took a chance. Hands still wet and relatively covered up to his elbows in sweetsand, he very carefully stepped forwards from where he'd been looking after Wyisselieth, and eased his arms around G'dan. His grip was strong, though not hard enough to hurt him or restrict his breath, let alone keeping him from getting free. It occurred to him that maybe nobody had ever told the other man they cared; from the way Gess looked, the dejected sort of appearance, the way his body language spoke what his words only seemed to explain, Ev'ion's heart hurt. He hugged G'dan close to him, pulled him up against otherwise hidden build and just held him.

"It doesn't matter that other people don't miss him," he explained softly. "What matters is that YOU do. And they should have the common decency to see you hurting and offer at least some shoulder. I lost my weyrmate the fourth fall of Spring 5. He took a clump and never came back from between, and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I know it hurts, I know it's not easy, and even people who've never gone through that, should be compassionate enough to at least remember that other people have suffered that way." His nose and mouth rustled down against Gess' hair, and he closed his eyes. "Have they just left you to suffer, G'dan? Are people here really so calloused as to not at least offer a shoulder, or anything?"

Wyisselieth lowered his head to breathe across the pair, nuzzling His at the obvious distaste and irritation that came off the Purplerider in waves. He then left His to see to G'dan, while he went to investigate Prith's shoulder and neck with his soft nose.

"What was his name?" came the gentle inquiry. "Tell me about him. What was he like?"

He didn't relinquish G'dan's body from his arms unless the Greenrider protested to the contrary; he was content to be a shield from the rest of the world for the seemingly somewhat-quiet other man. For a while, perhaps, a refuge in a storm. Unbeknownst to the other, however, G'dan was an equal sense of solidarity the longer that Ev'ion held on to him. It reminded him too much of I'jel and the prospect weighted Ev's heart.

@Rii

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 07:42 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2443 Posts
2562 Marks

"I don't mind. Prith likes having company, and I, I think he's nice." He gave Wy's eyeridges a good scratch, smiling softly. It lit into a shy grin at the look in the purple's body language and in his eyes. It never ceased to entertain him that dragons could often tell you exactly what they thought of something without ever saying a word, and it was just as clear as human body language.

He shrugged a little. "I think most people are more pragmatic than that. They'd rather someone who can make runnershoes and buckets or flamethrower parts. And that's alright, Pern needs plenty of practical smiths - I used to do that a lot more before I was Searched. But, sometimes I do think that the world needs its dreamers, too." He cleared his throat. "You're a smith, too?"

The greenrider blushed right up to his eartips at the emphasis on the last words. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been flirted with. Although, he supposed that it was possible that someone had said or done something much more subtle some time that he was moping instead of watching and he'd missed it entirely.

Whatever he'd been expecting, it hadn't been a hug. G'dan tensed up at first, then slowly let the tension go, his head drooping forward until his forehead was against the half a foot taller man's chest.

"There's no one left to care," he whispered. "Just Prith. My closest friends other than Day'ar, one of them died in Doomfall too, and the other was her spouse and he's even worse off than I am. I try to make sure he's sort of okay but... he won't look at me anymore. He barely talks to me, or anyone. And I just... don't really talk to anyone else, and they don't talk to me."

Prith crooned softly from the water, mentally pressing her mind against his. Then she nudged Wyisselieth. Don't worry. This won't harm them, even if it pains them, she told the purple.

"Day'ar. His name was Day'ar." G'dan drew in a shuddering breath, feeling the bite of loss all over again. "Day'ar of viridian Ambrith. He was... different. He was afraid of so many things, but at the same time, he was one of the bravest people I knew, because even when something scared him, he did his best to deal with it. I mean, he was terrified of firelizards, and I've got five of them, our friends had even more, and he dealt with it. He was kind, to all his pets, to his friends, but he was always so quick to pretend it wasn't a big deal. And smart... he was one of the only people who really got as excited as I do over concepts and ideas. We spent so much time talking about theories, about things that could be."

The quiet rush of words trickled to a halt as he pressed his lips together tightly for a few long moments, blinking rapidly to try and forestall tears. He'd already shed so many for his lost weyrmate. It was unseemly to do so again now.

@RhiaBlack

PMAIM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 06:31 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

"Shhhh," Ev hushed Gess with a gentle touch to his shoulder, "Any louder and his head might not fit through the ledge opening.."

Wy shot His a look, before a ridiculously long, blue-green tongue stuck out at him, and he went back to investigating Prith. Someone was smitten.

"Most people are weasels and killjoys stuffed in the bodies of honest-looking, too-serious folk," he answered back with a gentle prod of G'dan's ribs. "But that doesn't stop the people who see them for who they are, from doing what makes them happy. Let them think that, if they want to be sticks in the mud their whole lives, well, more fun for people like you," Ev'ion's lips tugged upwards in a grin. "Just means more stuff for me to play with. You know. To help you with your research, right?"
Suuuuuuuuuuure.
"Shut it, lizard lips."

The Purple's chortled huehuffhue laughter resonated in the relative quiet around them, and Ev's smile was surprisingly almost mis-matched on his face, as if it didn't happen enough for his features to know really what to do with it. Dimples creased his cheeks, invisible otherwise.

"Since I could hold a hammer. My Dad's a Master at High Reaches, I worked with him until I could Apprentice full on, but he does the usual stuff. I work with gemstones. Cutting them, setting them, all that good stuff. It makes sure the weyr stays comfortable, for the most part."

He waited for Gess' body to relax, before Ev pulled him completely in. Let him rest his head on the Purplerider's chest, as strong arms wrapped him up in warmth and looked to at least try and ease some of the pain. Ev'ion murmured against his hair.

"Suppose we'll have to change that, won't we. You've got two more people left, now, that care. Wy and I. I'm sure your other friend, he'll come around, too. He just needs someone to care, somebody he can let it out with, like I'm going to be for you."

No question about whether or not he wanted him there; the fact G'dan had returned the hug insofar as not pulling away, and relaxing against Ev'ion's hold, proved that it had been something that perhaps the other Rider had been waiting for someone to do. Ev gently shifted with Gess against him, swaying gently from side to side in a sense to rock the other man quietly against him. Almost instinctual, which was probably surprising for someone who had no children - but not for one who spent a fair share of time around them, as well as it being a comfort movement for his late beloved.

I'jel had spent countless candlemarks curled up with Ev'ion when he'd been upset, and there had been times when the presence of his weyrmate-to-be had been the only thing to ease him into a state of calm. The memory almost made Ev cry, but he blinked back the tears successfully with a shallow breath.

It was then, he realized that Gess was doing the same.
It made his voice break.

"It's okay," he whispered. "You can cry, it's all right. Don't hold it back, if you have to, you have to. It's part of the memory, it's part of missing them. When you don't cry, it means you've gotten over it, my mother used to tell me, but with people, when you cry, it's because you still love them and your heart won't let you forget." He pressed his nose and lips against the top of G'dan's head, his own eyes shining with tears. "You cry because you miss them, you loved them, and they cry because they don't get to see you again just yet. They're still happy you're alive. So she says." His breath hitched, and he wiped his face on his sleeve, closing his eyes where he lingered there against the Greenrider.

"They like to say the hurt goes away, eventually, but it's been so many turns, and I don't think it ever does, right? Some part of me is glad. It hurts to remember, but I think it'd hurt lots worse to forget."

@Rii

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr