April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

It's a Wash, AU: 17 [Linavi/Zeliant]
Ives
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 04:50 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks
Member Inventory: View

In retrospect Linavi should have anticipated being asked to help with a candidate lesson or two when she began hanging around the weyrling barracks. While it was not the weyrlingmaster’s bidding she’d been noticed helping out and thus been approached by the candidatemaster to partner with one of the candidates to talk about her dragon. Some did not fully appreciate how much hard work went into being a weyrling, while others were fully aware of what would be expected of them. Either way it was always useful for them to have hands on experience. At the appointed time Linavi arrived at the lake with a few buckets of sweetsand, brushes, and a vat of oil.

Looking around she wondered which young candidate she would be paired with, “I hope they aren't late.”

I hope ummmm, that it is a boooooy~! Poshyooth declared happily as she waited at the edge of the water. She had yet to fully unravel the mystery of boys and why Hers reacted the way she did around them. Perhaps seeing Hers around a boy now would offer the missing piece to the puzzle. In drills Linavi did fine, it seemed her awkwardness only truly showed when alone or directly in contact with a member of the opposite gender. It was a source of endless amusement to the pink dragon.

“You are hopeless,” Linavi huffed, the mere thought of being stuck with a male candidate causing her to blush a bit. At least the likelihood of them being younger was good, she shouldn't have any problems teaching a child how to do things - boy or not.

Is that the one you are waiting for? She perked up as she spotted someone approaching, shifting her long form to block her rider’s view. Umm ah yes! You are here for me, right? Oh and myLin. She will be so excited to meet you I am sure! She is so nice and she likes muuuusic! Do you, ahm, like music? You can make music with myLin!

Linavi rolled her eyes as she bent down to pick up one of the buckets, beginning to greet her assigned candidate before even seeing them. ”This is Poshyoot, I am Linavi. Today you are washing her…”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 02:53 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

"A pleasure to meet you, Poshyooth. Aren't you a beautiful creature?" Zeliant beamed at the pink as he bobbed his head politely and flashed her a wide grin. he sauntered up, not wearing a shirt and clad only in a loose fitting pair of shorts. Bathing dragons was easily his favorite 'lesson.' If one could call it that. He'd been doing it since he was old enough to walk, even if he was far more helpful now than he was as a toddler. It was one of the few chores that was legitimately fun in his opinion.

"I can't say I've ever had any inclination for music, but I've been known to sing poorly when the mood is right." His grin only grew as he waded into the pile of supplies, looking them over with something akin to approval in his face. He'd been raised around dragons, he knew what they took in the same fashion everyone in the Weyr did. "Point me in a direction and I'll hop to," he offered another wide smile in Linavi's direction. "I've done this tons, but everyone has their own way." He felt it deserved some explanation. He wasn't some freshly searched candidate, he was a weyrbrat. He knew the routine.

"I'm Zeliant, by the way. Zeli, if you prefer, ma'am." At least he was respectful?

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds

Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith
L'ru of Green Syrath | Z'ant of Green Lyraleth
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth | V'ax of Cyan Purlalith
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin, Uonai, Unavir, Odinara
PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 10:56 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

”O-oh.” It was a male voice that met her ears and as she turned to see who it was she suddenly lost hold of the sweetsand bucket’s handle sending it toppling back to the ground. Poshyooth wiggled in place excitedly before wading out into the waters, clearly amused by the turn of events.

Oh he is um cuuuuuuute! In a sing song voice she announced this quite loudly as Linavi dropped to her knees in order to help scoop some of the spilled sand back into the bucket. It was clear she was trying not to seem distraught as she looked up just in time to catch the smile he offered her way. Shards, he was tall. Not only tall but overall he was built, it was clear he kept himself busy with physical activities. Oh and he wasn’t wearing a shirt either, so it was all far more obvious. There were plenty of other candidates - why couldn’t they send one of those to her?

I hate you Yoo-yoo. I hate you so much. Why do you do this to me? Fake an injury, if you love me you’ll fake an injury so we can call the whole thing off and I can go.

Oh nooooo I could not do that! He is here to wash me, and to meet you! Oh he is so nice! You can have a new friend MyLin. Maybe you can teach him to siiiiing? Wouldn’t that be fun? Ahm, I think it would be very fun.

With a soft sigh she shook her head, pushing some of her hair from her face. ”No need to call me ma’am, you can call me Linavi. If you’ve done this before you’re welcome to just get to it. I usually start with her back and work my way down her sides and up her neck.” Standing she offered one of the buckets of sweetsand to him, pointedly avoiding eye contact.

Call her Lin, she likes being called Lin. She is shyyyyyy. The pink craned her head around to watch them carefully before splashing her tail against the surface of the water. Water cascaded out from her tail and fell upon the pair of humans leaving each of them fairly wet. Narrowing her eyes at the pink Linavi sighed out as she pulled her hair back into a runnertail. ”She’s an insufferable prat, I’m sorry.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 10:56 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

"Shy? We can't have that, can we?" Zeli grinned at the pink, clearly siding with her. Poshyooth had found herself a new partner in crime, even if she didn't know it yet. "A pleasure to meet you, Lin." He bobbed his head politely. "If you start at her back, I'll start at her chest, then!" That seemed a reasonable enough time of things.

He dipped his head a bit, hoping to catch her eyes with another wide smile, but he took the sand without argument and was promptly soaked. "Hey! We're supposed to give you a bath, not the other way around!" Though, the sudden soaking seemed to summon his flits. Without warning, Charger and Sweetheart both popped out of Between, with Charger chattering up a storm and immediately slamming into Lin's chest to cling to her shirt and stick his face in her's, head cocked to study her. Sweetheart politely sat at the edge of the water, tail curled around herself and watched.

"Charger! Leave her alone! Not everyone wants you attached to their faces at all times. Go sit with Sweetheart." The burgundy chattered at Lin a moment before sighing as though this were some giant hassle on his part. Reluctantly, the flit released Lin and did as he was told.

"Sorry about him. He's still learning and seems to think everyone wants to be his friend." He waded in and gave Poshyooth a scratch on her knee. "I'm sure I could get them to help, if that's okay with you." Whom he was asking was... Vague and not at all helpful. He seemed to direct it at both of them simultaneously.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 08:47 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

It was her curse, it seemed, to always be the brunt of everyone’s jokes (well meant or not) and to always feel so ridiculously small in comparison to others. Dalibor seemed to attract only the tallest individuals, with herself being one of the few vertically challenged types that found themselves residing in her walls. Brown orbs sized him up quickly in an effort to not be obvious, not that it mattered since Poshyooth had already done a fine job of letting everyone in the immediate vicinity know that Linavi found the young man attractive. She wasn’t the best judge of age but he seemed like he might be around her age, he didn’t look like he would be too much younger and if he were more than a couple of turns older then he wouldn’t have been a candidate anymore - at least not for dragons. Cheeks tinged pink as he called her Lin, something that only her family and a few friends back at Telgar did. Yoo-yoo, stooooop.

Standing there drenched she sighed, it wasn’t worth getting upset over since she would be in the lake soon enough. Tugging at the wet fabric of her long sleeved shirt she pulled it up and off, tossing the wet shirt over a rock. Beneath she was wearing a tight yet stretchy material that most people favored for swimming in, it dried quickly and did not get bogged down when wet like other fabrics seemed to. If she was self conscious at all (which she was, it clung to every inch of her stomach and upper body and she wasn’t as thin or fit looking as a lot of the other riders she knew) she didn’t show it. Instead she was set on traipsing into the water with a bucket… until she found herself host to a small burgundy. Eyes widened as she looked down at the firelizard clinging to her, chattering up a storm until Zeliant told him to go off with the other one. Watching him go she blinked a few times as she eyed the other firelizard, ”Is that a tan?”

They were new, other people speculated over it but she had gone through hides upon hearing of them hatching at Dalibor recently and found no mention of the ‘mutation’ elsewhere. She’d even sent word back to a friend at the hall asking - the answer had taken a bit to get back to her but they too had yet to hear of them being reported elsewhere. ”You’re one of the first to have a tan firelizard, did you know that? It has been speculated since the first tan dragon hatched that there might be the same mutations in firelizards and whers for tans to be possible, I mean they all seem rather similar if not different at the same time. Could you imagine a tan wher though? I can’t.” Seeming to have moved on from her faux paux with the sweetsand bucket earlier she found herself in a chatty mood - it was something she found interesting and so it was easy to ignore she was discussing it with a man. Avoiding looking at him she made her way into the water, Poshyooth offering an arm to help her climb up so she could wash her back.

Feeling Hers’ surprise at the water and the burgundy’s appearance Ramos popped from between and chittered at Sweetheart and Charger. Hers was so very nice, didn’t they think so? Maybe they could all be friends! Swooping in a circle around them she landed on a rock close by with her head tilted curiously at the pair, bobbing her head respectfully to the younger subqueen firelizard.

MyLin is soooooo smart! Are you smart? She reads a lot, do you like to read Zeli? She also wants to hear you sing, but she doesn’t want to ask you to sing. MyLin is so silly, she is worried you will think she is strange and not want to talk to her anymore. Oh oh oh, ahmmm… did you like getting the little ones? You will like getting a dragon I’m sure, oh and then we can be such good friends! I will show your dragon how to fly and how to eat and ahm, oh we help with the weyrlings sometimes! Did you know that? MyLin wants to help because she wants to be useful. I think she is very useful and pretty, do you think she is pretty friend Zeli? She does not think so sometimes, she is… ahm… oh I don’t remember the word, but she is it! She shouldn’t be, I don’t think so at least. Poshyooth swayed lightly back and forth as she spoke, not enough to dislodge her rider on her back or prevent either of them from washing her. A soft croon resonated as Linavi found just the right spot by her wingjoints, Ahmmmm, do you hope you get a pink like me friend Zeli?

Maybe if Linavi pretended not to hear anything her dragon said she would stop. Maybe, but probably not. ”She won’t mind if they help, it might get us through this faster.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 11:10 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

Zeliant flashed her a toothy smile and waded deeper into the water. "She is. Her name is Sweetheart. She lives up to it. I think there were three or four that hatched from that clutch?" He offered, embarrassed that he might have something special. He wasn't sure what about it was embarrassing, but it was. He felt that he didn't deserve anything extravagant. Nor did he want anything. He just wanted to be a rider and help his Weyr. Not that he'd have given Sweetheart up if he could have. He'd become ridiculously attached to both her and Charger immediately, as one would expect.

Speaking of the shy little flit summoned her, and she acknowledged the other flit then swept out into the water to perch on Zeli's neck, tiny claws leaving pinpricks on his shoulders. If he minded, he didn't let on, ignoring them as best he could and only flinching when she got a good one. Gently, he scratched her chin and set her about crooning. "I don't see why they wouldn't pop up in whers or otherwise. Just a matter of time, I suppose. It's in the genetics." He shrugged and continued scrubbing Poshyooth with his living necklace attached to his shoulders.

He smiled up at the pink. "Your Lin has been nothing but polite, I can't imagine why anyone would have a reason to not want to talk to her. It's been a pleasure thus far. I did very much like getting my flits. They're very dear to me. I don't care at all what colour I get, I'm sure a pink like you would be wonderful to have." He beamed at her, scrubbing away. "I don't think any pink could be as lovely as you, however. If I Impress," It always hurt a little bit to say if. He didn't want it to be if, though he knew it had to be. "I'd happily let you help me teach them everything we can." He dodged the other question, though his gaze lingered on Lin a bit longer than was polite. "She is very pretty,' he finally said after a while. "I don't see why she would think otherwise."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 12:26 AM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

It didn’t help matters any that the young man helping them seemed very interested in everything Poshyooth had to say. The pink was delighted by having someone talk to her, Hers so often tried to keep her from rambling but here was someone who was happy to have her chatter on and on and on and on and on… Yoo-yoo don’t forget to tell him if he misses any itchy spots. While she was no longer a younger dragon prone to growing in huge spurts that risked a cracked hide she still needed to be kept clean and oiled. It wouldn’t do to have him so distracted by her chatter that he did a shoddy job, not that he was likely to since he seemed familiar with dragons. ”Were you searched or is one of your parents a rider?” A fair question, especially when she heard him utter the word ‘if’; obviously he had some doubts that he would impress which made her wonder if he was standing because it was his right. Dragonriding was in the blood - some people thought so at least but she’d read enough records in the hall to know that even those without a single dragonrider in their bloodlines impressed fairly often. When someone was searched it seemed to be a good bet they would impress, a dragon wasn’t going to say they were good enough for a dragon if they weren’t. Being weyrbred didn’t automatically put him in the category of having a place on the sands due to familial ties after all.

Eyes narrowed at the back of Poshyooth’s head as she continued to scrub, keenly aware of Zeliant’s gaze upon her but trying to ignore it. Unsuccessful in that endeavor red slowly crept over her cheeks in a deep blush. Boys didn’t look at her all that often and the last compliment she’d received had been from her own brother - that hardly counted. Ahm we will be good friends, friend Zeli! You, MyLin, your little ones, MyLin’s little ones, and your dragon! Oh oh oh we can see you! On the hot sands. I hatched there you know! Eating up all the attention Poshyooth practically glowed as the two of them worked the sweetsand over every inch of her hide.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 01:04 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

"My father was. My mother was weyrfolk, but her father was a rider, i'm told." He'd never really been close to either of his parents. It wasn't something he held against them, he had no strong feelings one way or another. It was how it was. Why would it do any good getting upset over it? There were tons of creche kids that didn't even know who their parents were. They all had parents, of course, but the creche workers formed those bonds with them. They were their moms, all of them. Or their dads. It worked out best for everyone.

"He rode blue." He wanted to Impress desperately. But he'd been Standing since he was a child and hadn't yet and it started to get to you after a while. Not that Zeliant let on, he tried not to let it show through his enthusiastic demeanor and general go-get-um attitude. "He died in threadfall and she drowned." He said it without much emotional attachment. He wanted to be a rider to make sure no one else died like his father had. He wanted to be a rider to protect the other weyrbrats and the people that couldn't protect themselves. He had so many reasons but none of them mattered if he didn't have a dragon.

"What about you? Searched or brat?" He was far less... Formal about it than she was. "I should only be so lucky as to have a dragon as lovely as you." He grinned at Poshyooth. 'I was there," he informed the pink. "I saw you hatch." Not that he remembered her specifically, but he was sure he'd been there. He'd been to every hatching since he was old enough to Stand. And he'd attended every one before that in the audience. "We'll be wonderful friends," he assured the dragon with a pat.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 04:07 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

Was. The word stuck out to her like a sore thumb telling her so much more about his story than he had actually revealed. Her mother had been a rider too. They were similar in their loss, though she noted no real emotion or longing in his voice when he continued speaking of his parents - nor any when he told her how they passed. Here they were quite different, she missed her mother even if they had never been exceptionally close. In reality she missed the possibility of a better relationship with her mother more so the woman herself, but her loss still stung all the same. Even after all these turns.

”Born in Telgar Weyr,” she started, though she had not really answered his question. ”I do not know who my father was, but my mother favored riders over ‘folk so I assume he is… was… a rider.” Uncertainty played through her voice as she spoke - since she didn’t know who her father was she didn’t know if he was alive or had passed. ”All of my siblings are riders as well.” Or they were as far as she knew. Without knowing her father she wasn’t sure if she had even more siblings than the ones her mother gave birth to or not. It was a somewhat exciting prospect if she thought about it. ”So was my mom.”

Was. It stung to say the word and her face fell, if only for a moment. The hall had taught her to do a decent job of masking her emotions when called for - this called for just that skillset. It wouldn’t do to throw everything out in the open in front of a stranger. No stranger MyLin. That is friend Zeli. He is a cute booooy. Even her teasing was soft as she felt the turmoil Linavi was hiding behind a straight face.

Ahm, oh! You saw me hatch? I did not see you, I am sorry friend Zeli, I would have ahm said hello! Did you hear me sing? I sing because music is no nice! MyLin loves music, that is why I chose her. She worries a lot. Ahm… oh... Poshyooth flicked her tail idly behind her as the pair worked on cleaning her, She tries to make sure everyone is happy but who makes sure MyLin is happy? OH! OH! I do! Crooning bled into a soft hum as she was cleaned - this was so much fun!

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 11:50 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

Zeliant smiled at her. "A whole family of riders is nothing to sniff at," he said gently, letting quiet fall between them as he scrubbed. He knew he wasn't the only weyrbrat to hold no affection towards his parents, but he'd never really known them so the attachment people had towards theirs still occasionally confused him. He understood it, he just didn't get it.

His polite somber attitude was quickly brought to an end by Poshyooth's enthusiasm. "I did, it was lovely." He didn't entirely remember it specifically, but it wouldn't do any good to tell her that. "And I'm sure you do. She's a very lucky lady to have such a considerate dragon." He scrubbed at a stubborn bit of hide and lifted handfuls of water to splash off lingering sand to inspect his work. "I'm sure she has friends more than willing to help you keep her happy, too." He patted the pink's hide, scooting around to get her belly and behind her legs.

He adjusted slightly, gently encouraging Sweetheart to undig her claws from his collarbone, leaving tiny pinpricks of blood where she'd clung too tightly. "You're okay," he assured the tiny tan. "I won't let you drop, but you can't strangle me every second, you know." The flit crooned an apology, having the grace to look appropriate abashed and loosening her grasp on his throat.

"How long have you had your flit?" He glanced back to the beach where Charger was enthusiastically destroying the sand with holes, of all things. Zeliant didn't even want to know why.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 07:48 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

Friend Zeli, you could help MyLin be happy too! Poshyooth was practically singing, swaying her head back and forth gently in pure bliss. She loved making friends despite the fact that Hers was not that great at doing so. This one was so nice and he was a cute boy - he was everything that her rider wanted as far as she was concerned! Nevermind the fact that Linavi didn’t really know him or that he was a candidate, Poshyooth was convinced that she was the perfect matchmaker - who knew her Linavi as well as she did? No one! MyLin wants a kiss!

It was at this point that Linavi lost her footing atop her dragon and fell off of her side into the brisk lake waters. Splashing water at the pink’s side she gave a frustrated groan, ”POSHYOOTH MIND YOURSELF.” Her entire face had turned red in the span of a second and she avoided looking at Zeliant as if doing so would cause her to burst into flames. ”I assure you that I did not put her up to that. Y-you’re plenty nice a-and all but I don’t know you and…” She’d never been kissed. She wasn’t going to share that information with him though, ”It’s silly. She’s silly. Ridiculous, really.”

Splashing water once more at Poshyooth’s side she looked back towards the shoreline, ”I got her a few seasons before Poshyooth hatched, my brother V’nar picked me up a firelizard egg at a Gather for an early nameday present. So… four turns now? I somehow managed to grow up within a Weyr without ever being at a hatching. Heh.” Rambling just a tad she was still avoiding looking at him, anything to try and distract him from what her dragon had suggested.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 01:03 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

Zeliant almost choked, dropping his rag and having to fish it out of the water. "I won't be any help there, Posh. I'm a candidate. We aren't allowed to do things like give pretty women kisses. Besides, I think maybe Lin should be the one to decide if she gets kisses from people, don't you?" He was blushing, just slightly. A faint pink tinge to his ears, if anything. "If she still wants one after I've Impressed and graduated, we'll see about it then. But that's turns away." Even if he Impressed tomorrow, he'd have to wait to graduate. Which gave Lin plenty of time to talk Poshyooth out of this idea... If she wanted to.

He waddled to Linavi's side as best he could in the water. "Are you okay?" He offered her a hand up and tried to hide a smile at her reaction to her pink's insistent matchmaking. He followed her gaze to the shore, letting himself smile now that the topic wasn't on kisses. For now.

"A good gift, it seems." He added uselessly, struggling to find a safe topic that Poshyooth somehow couldn't turn into them winding up espoused and giving her children to mother. He leaned in and murmured, though it was useless with a dragon. "Is she like this with every man? Or did I pass some test I didn't know about?"

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 07:52 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

Accepting the offered hand without lifting her gaze to his face she nodded lightly, ”I-I’m fine. Really. She’s just.. so…” Well he knew, even though they had just recently met. Eyes went wide suddenly and she looked around the bowl to make sure Poshyooth hadn’t been talking to others as well. Seeming to be safe in that regard she lowered her voice slightly, ”Please don’t mention that to anyone else… I’m supposed to help the Weyrlingmaster with the weyrlings too and I really don’t think she’d let me help if she thought Posh was going to ask all the boys to kiss me.”

Realizing how that may have sounded she added, ”Not that she asks all the boys but she certainly seems to think she has to help me in that regard. I don’t know why she’s so obsessive about it though... “ His question caused her to smile some, giggling nervously as she spoke in a hushed voice, ”She does like to announce to others when I find them attractive. You’re the first she’s asked to kiss me though. Whatever that means.”

Straightening up she put her hands against her lower back and leaned back some, stretching after the topple she had taken. ”Her tail and legs need done next, then we can tackle her sides and belly together.” They were making good time, all things considered, a good thing since she was getting a tad chilly; not to mention she wasn’t sure how much more of Poshyooth’s matchmaking she could take.

Oh we should all sing! Singing is good right friend Zeli? Yes! Regardless of if he joined her or not she would begin to sing, trilling sweetly as she bobbed back and forth. Ramos immediately began to join in, as she was want to do whenever the pink got to singing. It was a catchy tune and soon a few passing by firelizards stopped to join in as well, Linavi wasn’t sure if they were bonded or not - at this point she was rather used to this so she stopped questioning it.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 08:45 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

"I won't tell anyone," Zeliant smiled at her. "Your secret is safe with me. If it helps, I'm pretty sure the only kiss I've ever gotten was from Olia when we were, maybe, 6." He shrugged. "So, I've never kissed anyone, either." It wasn't as big a deal for him. He'd been a candidate for as long as he'd remembered, as soon as he was old enough to do so. Not getting kissed wasn't surprising, though he was sure there were candidates that didn't follow the rules to a T. For all his flirting it had never been one of the things that had bothered him. It'd come in time, he knew.

That he was the first brought a huge grin to his face. "That means I'm special! Or you like me more. I'm going to go with the second one. My charms won you over!" He waggled his eyebrows at her, purposely taking it over the top for the sake of making her laugh instead of embarrassing her more.

"You don't want me to sing, Posh. I'll ruin any good work you're doing on endearing Lin to me." Sweetheart and Charger, however, had no such qualms and popped into existence nearby, happy to sing with Poshyooth even if their bonded wouldn't. "I can't carry a tune in a bucket," he confessed with a smile. "Probably best I never tried to become a harper."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr