Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Killing you with my mind, AU:17 {Open}
Captain
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:36 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks
Member Inventory: View

"Come oooon, Dek! Just one swim! It's going to be too cold soon! I need to jump off your back!" Qivi pushed against the black's leg, and the bulky creature just sat there, unmoving. No.

"You aren't any fun," Qivi scolded her dragon, slapping his leg despite the fact that she was smiling and laughing at him regardless. Even the dragon's grumpy state of being couldn't put a damper on Qivi's outlook. She finally rolled her eyes and gave him another shove, not that it did anything, before ambling into the water without him. "Fine, be that way. I'll swim all by myself and if I drown it'll be your fault."

That made the black scowl and wade in after her. Which only made the petite woman squeal with delight and promptly scramble into his paw to be lifted to his shoulders, where she hugged his neck. "Thank you, Dek. I knew you cared!" She kissed his leathery skin and the black heaved a long suffering sigh before pushing off and floating out into the water. You'd deserve to drown. He complained, but his eyes swirled with happiness, betraying his true feelings on the matter.

Qivi let out a laugh, smiling happily. "You love me," she reminded him and promptly hurled herself off his shoulder and into the water with a splash.

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds
Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith |
L'ru of Green Syrath |Z'ant of Green Lyraleth |
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth |
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 10:24 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

Over the turns Rider had adjusted his schedule in order to allow him to spend time with those of his siblings that had impressed dragons rather than whers. One of his sisters regularly baked pies for the lot of them and her pies were definitely worth losing sleep over. Today he met with her and a few of his brothers in order to try some of the new recipes she was trying - all of which tasted great. With a full belly she sent him on his way giving him two more pies wrapped up to enjoy later on. Crumbs littered his shirt and a smear of blue juice from the berries lingered on his lips as he wandered from the hall across the weyrbowl. North trotted ahead of him but rather than heading towards the entry to the wherhandler’s area the icehowler turned towards the lake, tail wagging behind him. Arion’s feelers perked up from a rock near the shoreline and he kept his soulless black eyes fixated on North as he padded up to the water and took a drink, ears perked towards the rider making a splash.

With a shrug he followed suit watching with an easy going smile plastered on his face as water rippled out from the blackrider’s entry into the lake. ”Isn’t it cold? I mean winter is coming and all so I figured it might be pretty cold in the water, haven’t been swimming in ages myself.” Especially not in the weyrlake, nighttime typically meant the water was cool regardless of how warm the day had been. There were springs in some of the caverns that he soaked in, but a proper swim? It had likely been a few turns at least.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 10:52 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

Qivi emerged from the water to a glaring Dek and strangers! She slapped Dekandaeth's leg and the black shifted his attention to her with another sigh. If he'd had lips, he'd be frowning. "Hello!" She was shivering already and her lips were tinged blue. "It's very c-cold. But we probably won't get to swim until next turn so might as well enjoy it!" She laughed and swam towards them, crawling out of the deeper water to stand in what was still waist deep on her. Qivi was a very diminutive individual which made her standing next to the bulky black all the more juxtaposed.

"I'm Qivi! This is Dekandaeth," She somehow managed to say his name in a sing-song voice and the black offered only silence on his part. Qivi wrapped her arms around herself and sunk down so she was in the water and not hounded by the temperature difference. "He's a grump, ignore him." She shot the black a look of absolute adoration that seemed rather out of place but returned her attention to Rider with a smile. "You're a handler, right?"

"Oh, puppy!" She cried in delight, immediately beaming at North as though he were the best thing she'd ever seen. Behind her, Dek dropped his head to properly glare at the entire group.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 11:21 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

”That’s a great way to catch a cold though. You look like you’re freezing.” It was a casual observation of the obvious, ”Some of the springs in the caverns are large enough to swim in, not for your dragon of course but for you at least. Or the lake up there,” he paused to point up towards the rim of the weyrbowl, ”is pretty warm year round from what I hear. I’ve actually never been.” Ridesk wasn’t interested in swimming or lounging about so he’d never had the opportunity to wander up there, walking just wasn’t an option unless he wanted it to take all night. At being noticed North wagged his tail more and waded into the water, still being watched closely by the black pillie he shared an owner with. A deep bark resonated in his chest as he let it out - excitement at meeting the young woman; the cold water didn’t effect the large canine as he was bred for an even colder environment.

”Is it obvious because I’m pale? I try to get out and about so I can get some color but well, you know how things go. Most of my duties have me awake all night and asleep during the day. I’m bonded to Ridesk, she doesn’t join me on pie days because she says it is all a distraction.” Rambling just a tad he lifted his wrapped pies up as if that explained everything. ”Oh, I’m Rider by the way. It’s nice to meet you Qivi. You too Dekandaeth.” Though his tongue tripped over the dragon’s long name he did a decent job of not sounding like a complete fool.

Splashing into the water North approached the woman sniffing at her, tail wagging all the while and sending water droplets flying every which way. ”That’s Northdawn, I call ‘im North most of the time. He’s a big lug but friendly as they come.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 09:26 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"I'll be fiiii-iiine." Qivi sighed at him, though Dekandaeth looked at the man anew, clearly assessing him. If he tried to knock some sense into his Qivi, he couldn't be all that bad... Maybe.

See? He agrees with me. You are being foolish.
You're in the water, too.
I will catch the last bit of sun and warm up. You won't.

Qivi sighed and plunged her hands into the dog's fur, talking to him as though he understood and describing her big black as a mean trundlebug and informing North that he would never tell her not to swim, would he? The black glared at the dog, clearly unhappy.

"It's obvious because Dek didn't recognize you," Qivi smiled at him. "Rider's a weird name." She clearly had no shame. But immediately followed it up with: "I like it!" Releasing the dog and dunking her fur-covered hands to wash them off, she swam towards him, popping out of the water to stand in front of him. She was wearing only a tattered pair of shorts and a binding that held her less-than-ample chest in place. With her hair cropped short she looked rather like a young man in her current get up.

"You have a whole pie DAY? that sounds amazing. Can I meet your wher sometime? Dekandaeth says we should go in the hot springs after this."

No, I did not. Dek sighed heavily, aware that Rider couldn't hear him and having no intentions of talking to the stranger anyway.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 10:02 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

North ate up all of the attention being given by the dragonrider, tilting his head this way and that as she spoke as if he understood what her words meant. When she waded out of the water he followed, shaking the water free from his thick coat - which in turn meant splattering some on Rider. As soon as she came to stand in front of her the handler shifted the pies to one hand so he could carefully slip first one arm then the other out of his jacket, offering it to her as soon as he had it off. ”So you can keep warm.”

The comment on his name was not unusual, he had grown accustomed to such reactions over the turns he’d been alive. ”My parents had a very… unique view on what words could be names. You’ve probably met a few of my siblings already there are a lot of us around and we all have odd names. My brothers who are riders at least have it easy in that their names changed when they impressed. Unfortunately for me whers don’t make a habit of shortening names.” That easy grin remained as he spoke, shrugging it off - it was his lot in life and he’d learned to accept it. Eyes ever so briefly danced over her figure in an appreciative way - not long enough to be considered ogling or disrespectful and only when he thought she wouldn’t notice. Brushing the hair from his eyes he chuckled, ”Yes, one of my sisters loves to bake. I’m up for sharing what she sent me off with if you’re wanting some pie. You can join me next time if you’d like. The more the merrier!”

Her inquiry into meeting Ridesk was met with another shrug, ”She’s not very friendly I’m afraid but if you’d like to meet her some time and find yourself up and about when we are you’re welcome to see her. She’s very… studious.” It was the best way he could think to describe her. It wasn’t that she was unfriendly by any means but that she was curious about everything and didn’t like being distracted from her lofty goal to learn all there was to learn. ”She might pick your brain if you let her.”

Lifting his eyes past her to her dragon his grin widened, ”The hot springs sound like a much better idea than shivering in cold water. Mind if I join you for that?”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 3 2017, 10:41 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"Awww, thank you!" Qivi chirped, wrapping the coat around herself and turning to grin at Dek, whom ambled out of the water and purposely dripped water on them as much as he could... More so when he spread his wings and shook like a dog. Nothing says friendly like a jealous dragon!

"I've probably met them. There's a lot of people here, though. It's hard to remember. Dek remembers."
No, I do not. I know their dragons. Qivi did not clarify for him, and Dekandaeth was too busy glaring at Rider to bother telling her to do so.

She shrugged, holding the coat around her instead of putting her arms through it. She didn't want to get it completely soaked. "It's a good name," she decided with a smile. "You could've been named Drudge or Kitchenworker or something. Good old Uncle Weyrfolk!" She grinned at her own joke and drug her hands through her short hair, wringing it out as she bent nearly in half to keep it from getting on the coat. "Dekandaeth isn't friendly at all. She could pick my brain all she wanted! I'd tell her everything I know. Do you go on adventures at night? We don't, Dek can't see all that well in the dark. But we go exploring during the day sometimes."

She stepped alongside him, smiling over her shoulder. "Yes! Please join me! Dek won't fit and I'd rather some company than none. Maybe by the time we're done it will be late enough to meet Ridesk!" She reached out and touched Dek's leg absently, stroking the black hide and beaming up at him, pausing in her conversation to smother him with love so he wouldn't think she was chosing another favorite or something.

Without waiting for prompting, and taking his coat, she began the march towards the caverns where the hot springs were located. Dekandaeth shot Rider another glare and hurled himself skyward to go sun himself.

If you need me, I will come. Don't go back to some wher's hole to sleep. At least bring him up to our Weyr.
Assuming much, aren't you?
You are above sleeping in a hole. I am a dragon. You sleep in a weyr.
I know, I know. I'm not going to just drag off every man I meet to sleep with.

The black made a noise like he didn't entire agree and flew off.

Returning from the unfocused look riders tended to get when speaking to their dragons, Qivi shook her head and blinked rapidly. "Dek says if I sleep with you we have to go back to my weyr and not your hole." She had no shame. No shame at all.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 01:26 AM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

Rider found himself laughing readily at her jokes, she was pretty funny. ”I wouldn’t put it past them. Let’s see there’s Healer, if you know him you’d know him as H’ler though. Baker, but he’s B’er thanks to his dragon. I’ve got a sister named Handler, one named Dolphin - she’s the one that enjoys baking tasty pies.” Realizing he was rambling he fell quiet for a moment, watching as the black ambled out of the water only to shower both his rider and the handler in most of it when he shook out. Brushing the hair from his face Rider didn’t seem to mind it at all even if wherry flesh crept over his arms as the water caused a chill to wash over him. Lifting his right shoulder in a half shrug, ”We go on patrols but I don’t know that you can really call those adventures. We did go into the tunnels they cleared the palefolk out of, once they’d cleared them that is. She didn’t want me down there when all of the commotion was going on but afterwards she insisted on going looking for more of the roseys that were found down there. We didn’t find any, wish I had because they’re pretty cute. Have you seen them? Little things and they make these adorable sounds.”

At his presence being accepted he began following after her, still holding his wrapped pies but not seeming to find the whole scenario odd at all. Eyes lifted to watch her dragon take off, slightly envious that she got to spend a fair amount of time in the air. ”Ridesk wishes she could fly. She seems to think that there’s a way she can learn but her wings are underdeveloped. I think she mentioned something about making a harness with leather wings attached once but then she got distracted by something else. Poor thing can hardly finish one thing before she starts the next.”

Without missing a beat when she shared the ‘rules’ set forth by her dragon, ”Fine with me, is it far? I don’t go up into the weyrs often so I hope it isn’t too complicated to get there and back. I might get lost on my way back down.” Smirking now he chuckled, he wasn’t that presumptuous to assume that she even wanted to sleep with him much less that it was a sure thing but it was amusing either way.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 06:51 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

Qivi relayed Rider's brother's names to Dekandaeth and was met, in reply, with their dragon's names. Dek remembered dragons, for some reason, far better than Qivi remembered riders. He said it was because she was too busy being in and out of their beds. She said it was because he was too much of a grump for them to make any friends. "Dek says he knows them."

No, I did - Nevermind. You'd think by now he would have given up trying to correct her, but Qivi grinned regardless, pushing love in the black's direction and being met with it in return.

"What's a rosey?" Qivi hadn't been in Dalibor that long and while she'd picked up on the general history of the area, if it hadn't held her attention she'd 'forgotten' to pay attention or simply found something better to do with her time. Straps always needed repaired, or there was rearranging to do in the weyr. That sort of thing.

"Maybe Dek could carry her!" That seemed like a terrible idea to most, but Qivi thought it was brilliant. "Finding a time might be hard, though." With dragons being out during the day and whers at night... But that was a problem for Future Qivi! "She sounds adorable." She could feel Dek's annoyance at her statement, but ignored it. The black was jealous of anything else getting Qivi's attention.

"I don't think it's complicated, but I live there!" She laughed, grinning at him as they made their way down. "It's kind of far from here, though. I'll make Dek take me back. He'd let you ride, too. Though, he'd complain about it the entire time."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 12:21 AM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

Long strides saw the wherhandler even with Qivi in no time and he walked alongside her, ”Oh are you new to Dalibor? I hadn’t realized. The pitfalls of being up and about mostly at night I suppose.” Miming out the approximate size of a rosey, which wasn’t very large since thus far none of the roseys in Dalibor had reached full size - he had no idea how large they really got, grinning he spoke up again, ”They are these adorable little… I don’t know what you’d call them really. Oh, I know. They are like crawlers, they can climb all over cave walls and even the ceiling. Cute noises, like I said, and they have big eyes. Probably because they were found in dark caves. I’m not sure if they are like whers in that they can’t be in brighter light or not. I recall something being mentioned about them liking glows though.”

A brow lifted at the mention of her black carrying his wher, ”Ridesk would probably love that. She’d also probably want me to take notes on how he gets into the air and how often he beats his wings... “ There was no probably about it, he knew his cyan would insist on notes being taken. ”I imagine she’d probably criticize his form as well, don’t know how he’d take to that. He sounds just as pleasant as she is though so perhaps they’d do well with each other.”

Grinning once more he took the lead as they entered the corridors that twisted through the wherhandler quarters. Walking her through them he pointed out his room when they passed though he did not invite her in or linger long, keeping up the pace until they reached a large cavern filled with a wide pool of water. Steam rose off the surface of the water as he presented it to her with a sweeping motion of his hand, ”There we are, nice and warm. You won’t freeze in here that’s for sure.” Setting his pies down he made a clicking noise with his tongue against the top of his mouth, “You do not get to eat those, leave it.” North stopped his approach obediently but it was clear he felt he deserved them. Shaking himself off once more he moved towards the water and flopped down on the stone floor, content to just bask in the warmth seeping into the rock around the pool.

Kicking off his boots he pulled his shirt off and tossed it over a rock, beginning to undo his pants before he paused. ”Ladies first.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 10 2017, 12:43 AM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"Very," Qivi replied, trotting along after him as though she wasn't at all concerned about the difference in their legs. "I should probably make more effort to go out at night, but it's hard with Dekandaeth asleep and all. I sleep when he does." She shrugged and listened intently, brows raising. "Cute noises, you say? Maybe I'll have to go hunting for one with you. Nothing like a little adventure!" She beamed at him and laughed.

"Dek wouldn't like anyone criticizing him. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's perfect," she grinned as though she somehow wouldn't have known everything he was thinking or feeling. It was clearly some sort of joke on her end, and she just grinned all the more. "He'd like being admired, though." She made a quiet note of where he lived and smiled once they reached the pools.

She didn't wait for him to undress, but just hopped right in. She was already dressed for swimming, it worked out nicely. She sank up to her eyes and heaved a contented sigh. "This does feel a lot better," she admitted. "Bring every rider here the first time you meet them?" Her eyes danced with amusement. He teased right back, which is what made it so much fun to tease him in the first place!

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 09:09 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

”If you ever find yourself wanting to keep me company at night I’d be more than happy to adventure with you. Unless I’m on patrol, in which case you’re welcome to tag along though they are typically boring. Most the wild whers are on board with not attacking us and we’ve not had any issues with felines in awhile.” Shrugging he watched as she hurried into the warm waters, working on disrobing down to the briefs under his pants. Folding his clothing he moved them over by his pie before wading out into the water with a soft sigh.

Grinning at her question he nodded, ”Of course, it helps get things steamy real quick without much effort on my part. Do you invite every man you meet to your weyr within minutes of meeting him?” The grin turned into a smirk as he approached, splashing water at her in a playful manner. Chuckling to himself his eyes travelled past the rider to the steam rising off of the water. It almost looked like it was dancing. A dancing woman, he could see it now as she wiggled sensually back and forth. Now there was another woman - where was the music coming from that they danced to? In his mind the rocks on the shore of the pool suddenly became a band of harpers and his eyes took a slightly unfocused look to them. It was similar to when he spoke to Ridesk but in this case he was just daydreaming.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 09:00 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

Qivi snorted, giving Rider a look as though something he'd said was dirty. She allowed it to go unspoken, however. "Dekandaeth wouldn't go, obviously. But I could." She sounded excited by the prospect, grinning at him though she was under the water up to her chin.

"No," she huffed, feigning offense. "I just lay out the rules if Dek gives them." She shrugged, rising out of the water enough to swim backwards to an edge and settle into a seat, which still landed her nearly chin-deep in the water. "Besides, most of them probably wouldn't come up after meeting Dek. He's a grump and has no problem making that known. He'd sleep in my bed if he'd fit, I'm pretty sure." Dekandaeth would, no doubt, argue this statement. But he was busy napping.

As Rider watched the steam, Qivi crept closwer, eventually winding up inches from his face. "What're you looking at?" She whispered, following his gaze a moment then looking right back at his cheek. "Or is your wher talking to you? Tell her hello for me! I bet she's beautiful." She gave an almost wistful sigh and sank down beside him.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 03:58 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

Qivi’s voice so close to him drew the man out of his daydream, a series of quick blinks acting to clear his mind before he turned to look at the lithe woman. Surprised to see her right next to him he sunk further down in the water as well, though where her shoulders were fully submerged sitting down his jutted out of the water still. He’d never considered himself too tall but next to her he suddenly felt like a giant while gazing down at the top of her head. ”A lady dancing in the steam. Do you see her?” It sounded odd when he said it out loud but he could still see the form in the steam as it rose off the water, maybe she could too.

Shaking his head he sent a small sprinkling of water onto the rider next to him, his hair fanning out before settling against his neck once more. ”Ridesk is sleeping still, she’ll be up soon I imagine and then she’ll want to know what has me so distracted.” Grinning he turned his head to check on Northdawn only to see he had fallen asleep. ”We’re entertaining I guess.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 05:20 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

At the question, Qivi turned and peered at the steam, cocking her head and squinting. "No," she admitted. "But I see a dolphin!" She traced the design from afar with her finger, doing literally nothing to help him see as it was in front of her, but she saw things in the steam, too. Maybe that was a comfort.

"Maybe I'll go with you to see her," she offered, leaning back against the wall and tipping her head back as best she could. Heaving a sigh, she closed her eyes and soaked up the warmth, enjoying the heat as well as any dragon would have. Eyes still closed, she grinned. "Am I distracting you? Should I leave so you can focus on other, more important things?" She clearly wasn't going anywhere, sunk up to her neck in the water and looking horribly relaxed. She cracked open an eye to follow his gaze and grinned. "Apparently. We'll have to try harder."

"I could fall asleep down here. I won't, because then I'd drown. But I could." She did sound terribly relaxed, a dramatic change from the ball of energy she'd been on the way down. "Thanks for keeping me company. You're a lot better than talking to the rocks."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 09:08 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

”A dolphin?” Squinting he tilted his head this way and that in an attempt to see whatever it was she was seeing. Her finger moved through the air but he couldn’t pick out what she’d seen over what his own eyes told him was there. Ah well, at least she didn’t think him cracked for seeing things. Others might not appreciate his imagination but it was there all the same - the fact she didn’t dismiss him was encouraging. Watching as she relaxed he shrugged, ”If you want to come with me to see her you’re welcome to. Might want to grab some clothes to change into from your weyr unless you’re alright with running about soaking wet.” Looking her over a bit he grinned, ”You might be able to snag a shirt from my wherhole though, if you ask nice like.”

At the mere idea she was a distraction he chuckled, ”If only I found myself wrapped up in such distractions on a regular basis, then it would be worth the headache Ridesk causes when she gets in a huff.” As a wink would have been lost on the woman whose eyes were closed he leaned his head back in order to relax in a similar fashion, a cheesy grin on his face. ”I’d save you from drowning. Wouldn’t be right to let a damsel go sinking in the water without help while I sit idly by. If you find yourself too weary to go on just let me know, I’ll hold you up.” Still grinning he gently bumped his arm against hers in the warm water. It was quite toasty and felt great as it soaked into his body.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 11:18 PM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"Yeah, see the nubby fins?" She waved a finger at it, tracing the outline idly. "It's moved away now, but it was there." She shrugged and dunked herself, coming up to squeeze water out of her hair and push it out of her eyes.

Grinning, she batted her eyes at him. "Can I borrow a shirt to wear up to my weyr?" She was already, maybe, planning on never giving it back. It'd be a good excuse to see him again, if nothing else! Not that she needed an excuse, Qivi wasn't above just popping in to see him - And his wher.

"Maybe she wouldn't get in a huff if you didn't get distracted by pretty women." Okay, so she called herself pretty. She could have her moments. And she certainly wasn't lacking in self esteem, but she wouldn't have called herself arrogant by any means. She bumped him back with a smile and sighed before heaving herself up and out of the water.

"Okay, let's go before I decide to never leave the water."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 11:02 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

Grinning he rolled his shoulders in a shrug, ”Well since you asked so nicely I can’t rightfully say no now can I?” Watching her as she stood and pulled herself from the pool of steamy water he stood, too. Climbing out of the pool himself he leaned forward and wrung the water out of the bottom of his hair, he wore it a bit long and it had not escaped being licked by the water when he relaxed. Shaking his arms and legs off one at a time he stood there in his shorts, water dripping from his clothing and skin. Leaning down he picked up the pies he had set down earning a look from North as the ‘howler woke up.

”You know one of the other handlers has a female that will be going into heat soon, or so she says. I’m glad I don’t have a female and have to deal with that.” He lost his train of thought for a few minutes but then recovered, ”She’s asked me if I think North here would be up for being a papa. I don’t see why not, so maybe you can have one of his pups. If it happens at all.”

Taking the lead he had no problem walking the soaking wet female to his room, pushing back the double thick leather flap that acted as his door once they reached it. ”Home sweet home.” Turning around he smirked, ”Don’t sit on anything with those wet clothes of yours, I don’t want my bed soaked and uncomfortable.” Turning to his dresser he began rifling through it while Ridesk peered at the woman from her stone couch. While her face could not scrunch in a way that expressed her disdain for having the woman there her eyes surely could, yellow streaks visible as she looked the rider up and down.

Where are clothes? Do not believe in clothes or lost them? Dimglow if lost, should know where put clothes.

”Ridesk, that’s enough. Mind your manners.” The handler’s cheeks took on a soft pink color as she managed to embarrass him immediately.

Think silly that Rider get so distracted. Nothing special about big wing riders. A snort from the cyan before she turned an eye onto her handler, Rider not planning on chasing this female, right? Not give good clutch, too small.

Thankful that the woman couldn’t hear his wher he turned a deeper shade of pink before finding a suitable shirt and whirling around to offer it to Qivi, ”There you are, one shirt that should be warm enough and cover you up as you make your way to your weyr. I’ll expect it back you know.” Grinning he tilted his head slightly, ”I’ve no issues with coming to fetch it if you don’t return it in a timely manner.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 12:33 AM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"Oh, that would be wonderful! Dek would hate it. I need one now." She laughed, delighted. "I don't have any flits because of him. He huffs and pouts, believe it or not." It was believable. Dekandaeth didn't like sharing. Which, of course, meant Qivi needed about three of everything.

If Qivi was offended, it didn't show. Quite the opposite, she looked absolutely thrilled the second Ridesk spoke to her. "I know exactly where they are. They're with my dragon in my weyr. I'm wearing more than Rider, you know." She gave the handler a smug look at this comment. She grinned at the wher and bobbed her head politely. "I'm Qivi. Rider's spoken very highly of you. You and Dekandaeth would hate one another. It'd be great." She grinned all the more, clearly amused with the idea. "It's a pleasure to meet you. And I'm not big at all. I'm very small, actually."

She wiggled into the shirt and looked down at herself, nodding approval. "Thanks!" She beamed at him. "I make no promises you'll get it back. It'd be a great sleeping shirt." She stuck her arms out to either side to prove that the shirt covered her entirely. "Plus it's comfy." She stuck her tongue out at him before dissolving into a grin yet again. "If you come to fetch it, I'll have to make sure there's dinner to reward you for all your perilous travel to my weyr."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Nov 11 2017, 02:26 PM
Alphahandler

1209 Posts
1030 Marks

”He’s the jealous sort I take it, doesn’t like sharing you… bet that’s why he doesn’t want you inviting everyone and then some back to your weyr.” Not that Rider could blame the black, sharing at time definitely had its downfalls; not that he’d been given much of a choice growing up. When one had as many siblings as he did they learned to share whether they liked it or not, there was no option to hole things up as being solely yours when there were so many others constantly about. Having to share things lessened some as the younger ones were fostered out and he struck out on his own to Dalibor. Then his siblings had all one by one found their way to the Weyr and while he didn’t have to share his personal belongings he did still have to share time with them, and space when they all managed to line their schedules up in order to all be in one place at the same time. It didn’t happen frequently and by no means did he dislike any of his siblings for it.

Qivi’s enthusiasm at being addressed by her only served to confuse the cyan for a moment. Most did not appreciate her tone - Rider certainly didn’t seem to like it when she spoke to others. Dekandaeth big-wing? No like already. Dragons had their place in the Weyr as did whers, but on the whole Ridesk found whers to be far more useful. Sure dragons could fly and flame Thread from the sky before it hit the ground but most were far too large to fit into the interior corridors of the Weyr - whers could, overall, fit there. Dragons were not known for digging much, or well. Dragons were useless during the night when most scary things lurked about ready to attack. Nevermind that whers had their share of downfalls as well - she wasn’t about to admit that.

”Personally I think you looked better without the shirt,” where any other man who was far more suave may have made a comment about being eager to see her out of it again Rider simply grinned. A flirt on some level he hadn’t actually pursued a relationship of any sort for turns and his only physical encounters in the same amount of time had been solely due to flight or runlust. Confidence was easy to fake but not as easy to muster. ”If North ends up fathering some pups I’ll let you know. If you get one I’d be happy to help you with training, they’re a bit stubborn you know.” Flashing a mouth full of white teeth at the smaller rider he chuckled, ”How about I give you a few days to figure out what you want for dinner and then I’ll come fetch my shirt from you.”

No need getting distracted by big-wing rider. She clutches then that makes even more distractions for Rider, need Rider for taking notes and helping with studies. Not for chasing females and making lousy clutches. Clearly displeased with the amount of interest Hers was showing to the dragonrider the cyan huffed before grabbing hold of the bottom hem of the shirt Qivi was wearing, Take shirt now, no need fetch later. Problem solved.

Cheeks flushed as he wrapped an arm loosely around his wher’s neck and gently pulled her back, ”Ridesk you leave her alone, if anyone’s going to be taking that shirt off of her it’s me.” Realizing what he’d said caused him to flush a shade darker but when he lifted his gaze to meet the rider’s he only grinned more. ”She’s insufferable, I warned you.” Managing to wretch the shirt from Ridesk’s mouth without ripping it he gently ushered the rider towards the door, keeping his body between her and his wher. ”Sooooo dinner in a few nights?” Leaning against the doorway he attempted to look less awkward, grinning despite the flush of his cheeks.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 20 2017, 12:52 AM
Wherlingmaster

216 Posts
163 Marks

"Very jealous." Qivi agreed with a smile. Dek would argue that, she knew, but he wasn't here to do so, so she was safe. For now.

"He's a black, so I wouldn't exactly describe him as big..." Qivi mused, head tipping to the side in an effort to think of something to compare him to. It failed, so she pushed the idea to the side. "Maybe big compared to you, he IS big for a black, but small compared to browns or whatever." She shrugged and smoothed the shirt out, flashing Rider a wide grin. "Did you now?" Confidence fairly oozed from the tiny woman and she let out a yelp of surprise when Ridesk grabbed the shirt.

"I can't very well wander through the Weyr naked, can I? Rider is being very generous letting me borrow it. He's a kind man, you're lucky to have him, as I'm sure you know." Unaware of Ridesk's judgement of her and her ability to clutch appropriately, Qivi remained entertained by the snippy cyan.

"I've got some ideas for dinner already, but I'll let you know. Now that I know where you live, I can come visit - With appropriate warning, of course. Don't want to interrupt you and Ridesk." She nodded politely to the wher.

Ushered to the door, Qivi wiggled her fingers at Ridesk in farewell. "Dinner in a couple days," she agreed. "Thanks for the shirt. It was nice meeting you, Ridesk! Take care of him! And come visit me! I bet I could talk Dek into flying with you!" She stood tip-toe to give Rider a quick kiss on the cheek, then scooted out the door and scampered up the steps to find her own weyr.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates