April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Wash Away, AU:17 {Captain/Blot}
Blot
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 06:47 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Ra’h was… Well almost obsessive when it came to getting clean. As a child he had washed until his skin ached and tinged the water pink. It was odd for the son of farmers, to ditest dirt so much. But he did. He hated it being on him. Just the feel of little grains rubbing at his flesh was enough to drive him mad. Over time, and with the help of Musath, Ra’h had curbed that obsession some, mostly turning towards getting Musath clean and presentable. Musath herself was never against giving Ra’h a little nudge when it became too much for him. The pair were always the first to head to the lake after threadfall, though.

Ash clung to his sweat slicked brow as Musath winged and turned in the air, gliding down in the delicate little spiral. Already Ra’h was scratching lightly at his skin, his fingers dark with ash and a slightly frantic look in his eyes.
Mine oh mine it will only be a minute. Her soft mindvoice sang in his head. And she was right. His shoulders untensed and he rubbed her neck affectionately. Bracing himself, Musath landed delicately as one could on her weyrledge, her wings outstretched and her short tail wagging behind her.

Quick as could be, Ra’h slipped from her shoulders and shucked his flight jacket off, folding it over one arm. Straps were quickly attended to as Ra’h got to work. He was methodical, carefully loosening and removing each strap and then setting the leathers aside. He checked each in turn, looking for signs of thread scoring, or weakening in the leather.

One freed of her straps and other gear, Musath wasted no time in gliding to the water. The green may be build gracefully, but she practically flopped into the lake, letting her body sink down into it, her head staying out of the water.
Oh Ra’h it is perfect. You should get to scrubbing me. she cooed. Ra’h merely rolled his eyes a bit. She knew how to tempt him, but he would not give in.
In a moment my dear, I have to get everything ready.

Ra’h didn’t dally, instead he put up his jacket and the straps, then shucked off his boots for good measure. No sense in getting them all wet. A bucket and brush was grabbed on his way out of the room and he made his way down to the bowl. The open air was good for him, it distracted him from the ash decorating his body. Plus there was always so much going on out in the bowl that it was hard to focus on himself.

Soon enough he was at the edge of the lake, the water lapping at his toes as he motioned Musath closer.
“Come on girl, we’re going to get that hide shining.” The green let out a bugle and slithered her way through the water to her rider.

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 10:02 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Nektisuth was already sprawled in the water, wings spread to help her stay afloat. Zaela lay across her back, arm draped over her eyes. Oh! Oh! Zaela, Zaela! There's someone else here!

Okay. And? She lifted her arm to peer at the pink, who's head had whipped around to stare at her with excited eyes. She wiggled enough to cause her rider to sit up, ripples rushing out from around her. "Careful, you'll knock me off," Zaela complained with a huff, shooting the dragon a glare that didn't show in her eyes. "We came down here to give you a bath, not me."

Yes, but I've been having fun swimming. The dragon heaved a sigh and hunkered down, almost dipping Zaela, whom hopped to her feet and poked the pink's spine with her toes. "Hey! We just talked about this!" But she was laughing, even as Nektisuth shook herself again and sent her falling off the pink's back and into the water with a splash.

She came up sputtering and hauled herself to shore. "Fine, fine. Get over here and we'll get you clean." The pink crooned happily and Zaela stopped short when she spotted Ra'h and his green, giving them a polite nod. She fell silent, but that didn't stop Nektisuth.

Oh! HELLO! Musath, I haven't met your rider! Hello! This is my Zaela. She's grumpy. Are you two getting clean, too? We needed a bath, as well!

@Blot

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds

Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith
L'ru of Green Syrath | Z'ant of Green Lyraleth
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth | V'ax of Cyan Purlalith
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin, Uonai, Unavir, Odinara
PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 08:16 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

Musath was quick to notice that there were others bathing. And oh goodness her pink hide was so pretty~ Musath couldn’t help but admire. Musath had an eye for hides. Though that eye was mostly ‘Everyone is beautiful’. Beauty was important to her, it was the best part of living. Or maybe not the best part… But it was close! The green made a happy sound as she moved closer to Nektisuth.

Oh my, Nektisuth! Wonderful to see you.[color] She looked over her shoulder as Ra’h waded into the water, getting to about knee height before pausing to wave at Zaela and her pink.
[color=#1f9b48]I have not! Hello Zaela! This is mine oh mine, Ra’h! Ra’hj say hello to Nektisuth and Zaela.

Ra’h bowed a bit to the ladies, a smile on his lips.
“Hello Zaela, Nektisuth.” He was always glad to meet new people. Especially since Musath seemed to like the pink. The green crooned as she made her way over to Ra’h, stopping to let him climb on her back.
We are, clean is best, isn’t that right Ra’h?

R’ah nodded a bit sheepish. He took cleaning too far, most of the time. But no one needed to know that.
“Nothing like a good scrub after threadfall, don’t you agree?” Just getting in the water seemed to have done well enough for the two if the little trails of ash leeching off of them was anything to go by. Sitting down on her back, he dipped the bucket in the water, filling it. He tipped it over her neck before tackling it with a bruch.
“She hates gettin’ her head wet. Silly thing.”

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 01:11 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Zaela nodded stiffly, looking the green over before turning her attention to Ra'h. "Hello," she managed only to get bowled over by Nektisuth's wing, vanishing under the water once again. She came up sputtering and swinging water at the pink. "What was that for!"

Be nice to them. I like Musath and you should like Ra'h. He's nice. And they're getting clean. Like I should be.

Scowling, Zaela shot Ra'h another look, as though trying to puzzle out what qualities he had that she didn't, then marched to the shore to pick up the rags she had left there. "I told you I'd get you clean, so I'll get you clean. You're the one that wanted to swim." Zaela reminded the pink with a huff, setting about scrubbing her, though between the swim and the repeated dunkings she was free of the worst of it.

"Nektisuth would live under water if she could," Zaela replied, clearly at least trying to be social. As though in response, Nektisuth dunked her head, bubbles rising from her snout before she lifted it out and shook herself, sending droplets flying. Zaela sighed at her. "Do you try to make this difficult or am I just lucky?"

[b]You're lucky, of course. You have me.[/b
"How could I forget?" For all the harshness of her words, she clearly adored the dragon, her tone didn't reflect the sentiments she spoke at all.

"Everyone make it through this one okay? They had last I heard but you know how things can change..."

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 09:10 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

Huh, he had never heard of a dragon who liked water so much. Musath enjoyed a good swim or bath, but she hated getting her head wet. Even to clean it.
“How funny. Has she always enjoyed water as much?” Ra’h was gentle in his questioning, in his mannerisms. Any hostility that he was met with, was met with a smile and a nod. He was too kind for his own good. Musath seemed to notice this. Hers was good, but he was too gentle. Too kind. He needed to toughen up some. Perhaps he thought Zaela could help there.

The green arched her neck some, her eyes whirling as he took to scrubbing at the back of her neck. If Musath could melt, she would have.
“It seemed like everyone was ok. There were a few threadscores, but that’s how it goes. They were minor, by the looks of it. Of course I only know what went on for the wings near me. But I don’t think we lost anyone! So it was a good day all around.”
A win, then if there was no lose. Ra’h laughed. Yes, a win.

Ra’h scrubbed in small tight circles, working his way over his green’s spotted hide, squinting a bit here and there, checking for any problem areas as he spoke.
“Never know how a fall is going to go, you know. Some days we get through cleanly. Other days it all goes to shells and we end up barely limping back.” There was signs of previous threadscoring on Musath’s hide. More than Ra’h would like. The man too had a few small scars from thread himself. As much fun as he had, he knew every day was a day he could die. But he and Musath had accepted that long ago. Death was just something that happened.

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 07:18 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Zaela nodded, reaching under to tap Nektisuth's head and draw the dragon out. "It gets worse when I remind her she likes it." The rider said with less enthusiasm than the dragon showed. She nodded at Ra'h's rundown of the fall and set about scrubbing the pink.

"I didn't hear about any losses, either. At least not enough to start them keening. Don't think there were any big injuries, beyond the usual. Nothing worth noting, at least." She shrugged again and scrambled back up to Nektisuth's back, starting at her shoulders. "Could've been worse. I'll take what I can get." She sneezed, sending up a cloud of filth off the pink's hide and pawed at her nose. "How do you get this filthy?" She slapped the dragon between the shoulderblades and earned a loving croon in response.

"You got her or would you be adverse to teaming up to get them both done quicker?" The water was cold and Zaela was already unhappy being in it. The quicker she could get out, the better. Small dragons were still big by comparison to a human. "I'm going to need klah after this," she bemoaned, heaving a long suffering sigh.

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 08:01 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

“It can always be worse.” He agreed. The cloud of filth made him laugh a bit and he took to scrubbing at the duller areas of Musath’s green hide. The green just crooned softly, her voice a little rough and hoarse sounding. She stretched out a wing, giving Ra’h access to the thin membrane there that was greyish green from ash. He was careful with her wings, being mindful of the edges that were there were a few nicks here and there. Likely from thread, rather than another dragon or a wher.

Ra’h as not one to turn down help, and he wasn’t one to deny it either.
“Let’s tackle them together, then we can get out of this water and dry off.” Musath wouldn’t mind an extra pair of hands on her, that was for sure. Ra’h decided he’s help Zaela first, though. It would give Musath time to soak and loosen some of the worst of her grime. So he hopped from her back, landing with a splash before moving to the shallows with a few broad strokes.

He waded over to Netkisuth and pulled himself up onto the slender pink’s back. He was quick to offer Zaela a brush.
“Helps get the grime loose easier. And they seem to like the scratching. Or well, Musath does. She might just be a little odd.”
I am not weird. Netkisuth you will surely enjoy it. It feels so good and makes one feel so clean. Ra’h just laughed that deep laugh of his and started to get to work on the pink, scrubbing her lightly, working away all the grime and dirt that came with flying thread.

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 08:20 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

I do! That comes next. Zaela says I'm difficult and have to roll in ash, which is why it sticks so well. I do not roll in ash, Nektisuth clarified, unfurling her wings as though offended. Zaela bit back a smile. "As filthy as you are, you sure fooled me."

Ra'h, however, earned a scowl. "I know," she huffed, though resisted the urge to say more. She knew how to take care of her dragon, and the idea that she did not bothered her far more than it should have. She knew he was just trying to help, and accepted the brush with muttered thanks, not looking up at him as she scrubbed.

Zaela slid down to brace herself on the wing joint, one leg dangling off the front and the other tucked under her. She was small and light and Nektisuth didn't seem to mind the odd position at all. "Are you always this... Helpful?" That seemed a more polite way to say upbeat. The general attitude puzzled her, but Zaela wasn't going to argue if Ra'h wanted to waste his kindness on her.

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 12:51 AM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

Ra’h was mildly perturbed by the scowl. It left him blinking owlishly, unaware of what offense he may have made. Musath soothed over his mind like a balm, wrapping him in her adoration. His smile, though it had faltered, quickly returned. Just a slight quicking of his lips. A few tight curls fell into his face, having come loose from his pony tail. He took a moment to access the ‘damage’ before starting to scrub at Netkisuth’s hide. He was thorough, scrubbing in small tight circles at an area until it got clean, occasionally dipping a hand in the water to wash the area that way.

Her question left him a little puzzled though. What was the pause for? Was there something wrong with being helpful? Once again Musath smoothed over his mind. She was good at that. Feelings without speaking. It helped get his thoughts straight.
“Well, I guess I always have been. Always glad to help out others. ‘Specially since it’s never fun to work alone. The more the merrier, right?” He asked, though the question was completely rhetorical.
“Guess you can say it was part of my breedin’. My parents were helpful folk too.” Though his sister was decidedly not helpful. Or well. Maybe she was underneath all that anger. He didn’t know. She wouldn’t let him in.

Musath wiggled a bit in the water, sending little clouds of ash spiralling away from herself.
It never hurts to lend a hand. Her eyes whirled lightly.
Unless that hand is bit by the mouth it feeds, of course. Obviously that didn’t happen it Ra’h, or he was too upbeat to let it get to him. He always offered help, even when it was detrimental to him. It was almost questionable on if he had an angry bone anywhere in his body.

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 05:25 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Zaela was suspicious. It was just her nature. But people weren't nice to her with no reason. She scrubbed at Nektisuth, whom crooned happily and reached around to nudge Ra'h with her snout. That feels good. she admitted with a swirl of colour in her eyes. My Zaela likes you, even if she won't say it. You're nice. You should be her friend. She doesn't have many.

"Nek!" Zaela scolded, looking ashamed and clambering back onto the pink's back. "I have friends."
I don't count. Nektisuth huffed, tapping her rider with her nose before swinging her head back around to settle most of her neck in the water. Zaela frowned at the pink, glaring.

"Well, thank you." That, at least, sounded sincere. She looked him over and returned to scrubbing, looking weirdly embarrassed. "I don't get a lot of help," she admitted with a frown, not looking up. "I do appreciate it.'

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 08:48 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

Being nudged by a dragon nose was not something he expected, but he kept his balance on her back none the less. It was harder on pinks and greens, he figured, then on broader dragons like browns and the like.
“Oh! Ha, well. That’s how dragons are, always letting loose your secrets.” He laughed but there was nothing mean or mocking about it. Really. Ra’h was the jolly man he appeared to be.
“It’s good though! I like you too Zaela, you’re a refreshing breath of fresh air.”

Musath crooned softly.
[color=]Oh good MyRa’h made a friend. He needs friends, you know.[/color] Instead of flushing or anything Ra’h just laughed.
“She’s right. Ever since I transferred to Dalibor I haven’t had the easiest time makin’ friends. So many people, so little time, you know.” It wasn’t like he didn’t have the time. There was ample time after drills and threadfall. But he just had a hard time finding a way to approach people.

“Oh you’re welcome. If you ever need any help or anything, feel free to have Netkisuth talk to Musath. I usually can make my way over quick an’ such.” He finished giving Netkisuth’s hide a good scrub before moving on to another area. Ash and dust were nothing in the face of his brushing skills!

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 10:27 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Zaela narrowed her gaze at him, studying him as though something were off. "Why?" She asked bluntly, pulling her gaze from him to focus on scrubbing. She slid off the pink's back and set about getting her belly. "I mean, you're friendly enough. I get my not making friends, but you? You're a nice guy, why wouldn't you have a ton of friends?"

Oooh! We'll be your friends! Nektisuth said it before Zaela could stop her, but the rider didn't argue - That would have been rude. And Zaela was a bit mean, but she wasn't rude. "I expected you to be weyrmated and have a million friends." She shrugged. "Weird that you don't." Okay, so maybe she was a little rude.

She slapped Nektisuth's leg. "Go dunk yourself. See where that leaves us on how filthy you are. Musath needs scrubbed, too." The pink obeyed, waiting for Ra'h to get where he wanted to be, then swimming deeper out to submerge entirely and come up, huffing air from her nostrils and shaking herself.

How do I look?

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 11:31 PM
Wingrider

N/A

286 Posts
428 Marks

Ra’h blinked a bit. Why? He had never asked that question before. But it quickly dawned on him why.
“My sister. She’s ah… She’s preoccupied a lot of my time. Or maybe I’ve preoccupied a lot of hers. She doesn’t like me, and I keep trying to mend the bridge between us, even though there was no bridge to start with.” It was surprisingly easy to admit.

Musath let out a low croon and sloshed over a bit, pressing her nose against Ra’h. He patted her elegantly shaped head and smiled at her.
“No worries though. I’ll fix it all eventually.” He beamed at her. He was a simple man, with simple wants and simple needs. Nothing, it seemed, would get Ra’h down. He moved to get off of Nektisuth’s back, sliding into the water with a small splash.

Musath peered at Nektisuth as she went to drench herself in the water, her eyes whirling.
A splish, a splash, and goodbye ash! She said in a singsong-y voice. Ra’h looked at the pink and nodded.
“Looking good! I think there’s a few small areas, but other than that, you’re good.”
Time for me, yes? Asked the green, nudging Ra’h’s side with her head.

@Captain

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 23 2017, 11:54 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

339 Posts
500 Marks

Oh, it feels so nice to be clean! Nektisuth crooned, eyes swirling with happiness as she swam slow circles in the deeper water. Zaela shook her head at the pink, but was smiling faintly as she watched her.

She turned to Musath next, armed with scrubbies and sand and set about getting her up to par. "I didn't mean any offense by it. Just... Doesn't make sense. You're a nice guy, you aren't bad looking. Just seem like the sort to have a little family and all that." She shrugged, looking embarrassed for having asked. Patting Musath's leg, she looked up at the green. "Let me know if there's an itchy spot." Nektisuth knew the routine, but this was a different dragon. She'd have to take her time and follow Ra'h's lead so she didn't do anything differently from his normal methods. They were all the same, but everyone had their own preferences and order.

"How long have you been here?" Might as well keep the conversation going!

@Blot

Captain's Crew

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr