Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Cyan Beavaeth
Amber Era

Upcoming Hatchings:

With Mutorin of Dalibor's discovery that a number of plants found in the southern jungles can be used as a remedy to stave off the worst of the still unnamed 'plague' the fatalities seem to have tapered off. Most of Dalibor's ill have recovered, if only in time to mourn their losses. Even still a number of Dalibor's wings and prides have seen fit to transfer away following their recovery, as if the Weyr itself was responsible for such a disastrous event - not realizing the plague was spread to the far reaches of Pern by a handful of persons that broke the quarantine in their delirious state.

All things considered life is moving forward calmly for the denizens of Dalibor Weyr and its beholden Holds. Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. Only time will tell what the new Lord and Lady Holder will bring to their Hold, but all are hoping for none but good fortune.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Nevitheran of Gold Nevisk - Rhia

Weyrlingmaster
Rilorden of Blue Gabranth - Zane
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia

Candidatemaster
Al'dr of Blue Fortath - Raining
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

All This Change and I Still Love You, AU:17 {Havenrute/Camille}
Captain
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 12:43 AM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks
Member Inventory: View

@Ivy

Getting three meals a day was still something Havenrute wasn't used to. As was made obvious by the way he scarfed down every meal as though it would be his last. Usually all it took was the realization that he looked foolish to slow down, or a nudge from Camille. Which had him slowing down and eating like a human and not a half starved wher.

"We've got the day off, right?" He asked in his fairly quiet tone that seemed to fit oddly with his relatively deep voice. "Pretty sure there aren't any lessons today. I checked." As he did habitually and obsessively. Havenrute knew their schedules forward and backwards and still asked every day what they needed to do. He didn't want to mess up, didn't want to risk his candidacy. He was anxious enough about every day life, being Searched had amped that up into overdrive and he was worse than ever. But, at the same time, oddly relaxed. Less fearful, if overly organized and a bit paranoid about missing a lesson or chore.

"I need to see about getting new pants, but that can wait." He'd arrived in holey, dirty ones and had them immediately replaced, but at the time he'd only been given two for every day wear and they were showing that wear. He'd already patched the knee of one, used to making things work longer than they should.

"You don't have any chores today, right?" He already knew, but he asked anyway. It was what he did.

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds
Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith |
L'ru of Green Syrath |Z'ant of Green Lyraleth |
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth |
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 01:54 AM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

A few days in the weyr and she was slowly adjusting to all the new changes. Hardest of them was not being able to see her best friend whenever she wanted to - didn’t these people know that they practically lived together in the Hold? If nothing had happened there then nothing would happen here. Havenrut wasn’t going to make a move on her and she certainly didn’t want to scare him away by being too forward; they were friends and that’s how it would always be. ”You’re going to get fat you know.” Whispering to him she nudged his side to remind him to actually breathe in between bites and to maybe not eat quite so much. ”We’re never going back, you’ll always have food. I promise.”

She hated how his father had treated him, he was such a soft spoken young man and he had a heart of gold. Why couldn’t his father see and appreciate that? Every time she thought about it she felt her blood boil and the tips of her ears tinged red. ”No lessons or chores today.” Confirming what he already knew she took a sip of her juice before taking a long slow breath to calm down. They’d left their previous lives behind - they were going to be dragonriders! It was so exciting, even if she didn’t like all of the chores that came along with their new roles. Nor was she a fan of the rules, she’d seen a number of cute boys since arriving and they’d given her that look; she’d gotten it plenty of times back home. If only she could get to know them better… It was for the best though - she really didn’t need such distractions. She thought she knew a lot about dragons before but the lessons she’d been to had already proved she knew next to nothing.

”You know I’ve seen you stare at that board time and time again, I know you know that I don’t have any chores.” Leaning over she bumped her shoulder against his, though she was careful not to have the contact linger long. She’d already heard so many horror stories about Candidates breaking the rules and being barred from Candidacy. ”Besides pants what else are you wanting to get into today?” Her teasing tone was matched with a smirk as she looked around the dining hall. It was so busy with the workers and weyrfolk. She spotted a few riders and squinted to get a good look at their knots, ”That one is a Wingleader right?”

Maybe she was wrong, it might have been a Wingsecond knot but that’s what he was there for; he’d always been the smarter between them. ”I’m glad you’re here with me.” Not that she considered leaving him behind in Western, even if it had meant not coming at all.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 08:10 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

Havenrute slowed down his eating enough to appease her, though he still wolfed it down as though it would suddenly be taken from him. For all Camille wasn't fond of the chores, he was. They gave him purpose beyond just serving and monotony. The lessons were his favorite and he paid rapt attention, eager to learn everything he could. No fact was too insignificant or small. Everything was vital and important. Though, with so many crafters around, it was making him regret that he hadn't gone out for one of them. Not that he had any particular skills to make crafting worthwhile. He could pretend, though. Or dream.

"I like to make sure," he replied, blushing faintly because it was rather embarrassing to know that he memorized her schedule, too. And Maybe most anyone he happened to be partnered off with that sevenday... He, too, disliked the fact that they weren't spending every hour together, but he could tolerate that if they could spend time together once they were both riders. Small sacrifices.

Her comment about pants left him blushing and he took the opportunity to follow her indication and study the man, nodding. "Yeah, though I can't tell which wing from here." He squinted as though that would help. It didn't, and he shrugged it off. "Me, too." He'd never really expected to be here, and was legitimately shocked he was, still. He caught her hand and gave it a squeeze, releasing it just as quickly. No need to arouse suspicion, after all.

"Did you need anything done today? I can get the pants later if you don't want to put up with waiting for me."

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 09:12 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

”I know you do.” A soft tone of amusement rang out as she cast a sideways glance over at him, ”You like to be on top of everything. If it weren’t for you I’m not sure I’d be able to keep up in our lessons.” Smiling she felt her cheeks grow hot when he gave her hand a gentle squeeze and in turn she reached up to help brush some of the hair from his eyes. If he looked up her cheeks would grow a shade darker at being caught admiring him - but he rarely seemed to look up and meet her gaze even after all of these turns as friends.

”Well I don’t have anything that needs to be done but I heard that just outside of the weyrwall there’s a dock. It’s a few dragon lengths away but not too far, we could probably slip out and back in no time at all. They have dolphins here you know.” Keeping her voice low her eyes darted around the room as she told him her plans. ”Or there’s a lake up top, maybe we can figure out how to get there? Someone said only riders tend to go up because there’s no path but they probably just gave up too easily.” A mischievous grin curled her lips, ”Well which do you want to do?”

Picking up her mug she took a sip of klah before finishing off the food on her plate, ”I love…” Pausing she took another drink to ensure she didn’t choke on her food, ”the food here, it’s soooo good.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 10:19 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

"You'd do fine," Haven replied shyly. "You're smarter than you give yourself credit for." He didn't look up, suddenly fascinated with the tabletop and very aware of the fact that his heart was trying to escape his chest. He reached for his cup and drained it in an effort to pretend he wasn't going to explode because she existed in the same vicinity as him.

His eyes lit up at the possibility of dolphins. "Are we allowed to go there?" He didn't know for sure, they hadn't really had any time to do anything but chores and maybe explore small parts of the bowl and the barracks. "I bet we could find a way up to the lake, if nothing else. Might be worth exploring. If we get desperate we could maybe talk one of the riders into giving us a lift." Like he'd ever have the courage to do that.

"The food is almost the best part!" He agreed with a small laugh, finishing off the crumbs and pushing up to clear his place and waiting patiently for her to do the same. They stuck together whenever they had the chance. "We can at least explore until curfew." Which Havenrute always made sure they were back early for. His paranoia was helpful, sometimes.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 10:47 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

Shaking her head she grinned, ”Probably not but that’s the fun of it. They won’t even notice, we’re so new no one even really knows us yet. It will be fiiiiine.” Finishing her meal she stood up and collected her dishes to drop off at the kitchens on their way out, pausing just long enough for him to stand and grab his dishes as well. She knew he would follow her - he always did. Leading him from the dining hall she reached for his hand, grabbing it briefly before thinking better of it and letting go. ”Come on! The curfew is ridiculous here, I want to see everything!”

Hurrying into the weyrbowl she pointed towards the road leading to the docks she’d heard about before lifting her gaze upward to where she knew the weyrtop lake was. ”Though if you’d rather go for a swim up there I’m sure I could find a rider to sweet talk, some of them aren’t much older than we are.” Another smirk lit up her features and she looked at him expectantly. ”Which would you rather do Havenrut, it’s up to you.” If left to her own devices she’d find herself kicked out of the Weyr in no time - another reason she was happy he was there with her.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 09:35 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

"They already know our names," Havenrute pointed out with a look. But he'd never been one for risk taking. "Let's see if we can get up to the lake. That seems a lot more interesting than just walking to the water. We'll probably have a lesson or two take us that way, anyway. Let's see if we can go up If nothing else, we might find some empty rooms or tunnels worth peeking at." Meaning safe and not where they shouldn't be. Totally safe and normal.

"We can't see everything until we can fly," Haven reminded her with a smile. "Then, once we graduate, we can go anywhere and see everything and no one can stop us." They'd be free. He'd never be a drudge again. Even if he didn't Impress, he wouldn't have to be one again. He sighed contentedly and squinted into the sky in the same direction as her. "Might as well hit the wall and see if there's a way up." He shrugged. He had only ever really explored with her, so offering suggestions had generally been limited to what he felt was the best idea or what was going to get them in the least amount of trouble, depending.

"The beach'll be better when it's warmer, too. Then, at least, we can swim. I wonder if they do things differently here for the new turn?"

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 07:31 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

”The Candidatemasters know our names, but who knows if they would recognize us immediately? You’re absolutely no fun, you know that?” Teasing him she stopped and faced him, adjusting the way his knots fell across his shoulder and arm. She knew he hated to look out of sorts. At his suggestion she gave a resigned sigh, ”I guess finding empty weyrs would be interesting. We could see if anyone left anything behind!” Giggling she reached up to tuck some of his loose curls out of his face before turning and beginning on her way to the far weyr wall knowing he would be right behind her.

Reaching the base of the wall she first looked straight up, shivering at how high it was before dropping her gaze to the right and then panning to the left. ”I don’t see any stairs and I don’t think either of us would be able to climb the whole way without falling.” Risks were fun but some risks weren’t worth it, she’d never forgive herself if he got hurt doing something she suggested. Pointing to the entry leading into the stone wall she tugged on his arm before rushing ahead, ”We can get in here, come on!”

Leading him into the weyr she walked through the corridor with him in tow - as it usually seemed to be - passing by a number of doorways and glowbaskets along the way. When the corridor split she paused before taking the leftmost one. Giggling more she hurried, enjoying making him chase after her as she broke into a sprint for a few feet until the corridor split again. This time they went right until she spotted a door slightly ajar. ”Ohhh, I wonder if that one is empty. Go take a peek, I’ll watch to make sure no one is coming.”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Sep 28 2017, 04:04 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

"Have you seen the way they study us? They'd definitely recognize us." Havenrute wasn't certain, but he tended to err on the side of caution. He followed after her without hesitation. He had no problem blindly doing as she requested. She was better at thinking up adventures than he was. She came up with the ideas and Haven pointed out the potential problems. They'd operated that way from the beginning and it wasn't any different just because they were both in the weyr.

He tore after her in the tunnels, her antics earning a throaty laugh from him. At some point during their lives, his voice had gotten deeper. He wasn't sure when, but he noticed it mostly when he laughed. Peering at the door, he frowned out of concern. "I don't hear anything." He scooted forward and peered in the door, giving a small laugh. "Probably because it's empty. Maybe some tables?" He scooted in, opening the door more and leaving her room to join him. "Judging by the dust, no one's been in here in ages. Storage?" He didn't move from his post by the door, looking over the dim room.

"I'm going to grab some glows," and he was gone, vanishing down to the last basket and returning moments later, lifting them to better see. "Anything interesting or is our first discovery a bust?"

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 02:34 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

”You worry too much Havenrute.” A playful jab, one that was familiar between the friends. He was the worrier of the pair while she was the one willing to take a risk and figure out the rest later. It helped that she had a way about her that made people think she was just so innocent most the time. At least that is how it had been at Western - time would tell if she’d be able to pull the wool over the eyes of those she met at Dalibor. She did worry, just on an entirely different level. While his worry was more practical hers was private - more about how she was seen than anything of real consequence. If she didn’t rush head first into things then others might think she was a coward; or worse she’d puzzle through the consequences herself and hold herself back. If she let her own thoughts get to her she’d end up never doing anything. So false bravado and impulsive decisions led the way with her best friend on her heel helping to ensure she didn’t get into any amount of trouble she couldn’t get out of.

Posted as the look out she watched as he crept towards the door, soon abandoning her post to press up next to him to peek inside as well. Anticipation gave way to disappointment as she realized the room was pretty much empty. Dirt coated the interior stone floor and the tables inside as well. He went to get glows and she waited until he returned to get a better look at the room. At a glance there wasn’t much to it, certainly nothing stuck out as being worth investigating further. ”A bust. You pick the next room, I just know we’ll find something good eventually.”

Moving past him out into the corridor again she pointed the way they had been headed, ”Lead the way!”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 04:06 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

"Someone has to. You don't worry enough," Havenrute jabbed back with a small smile. He gave her a gentle bump with his shoulder and continued down their path. They had a mission, after all. Wouldn't do for him to throw it off with a sudden admission that had no time nor place here. That she worried at all was something he'd never noticed. She was, in his eyes, utterly confident and fearless.

The room was disappointing, though he picked around it just in case there was something interesting hiding beneath the dust. There wasn't, so off they went again! There had to be something interesting around here, didn't there? Surely someone forgot a whole treasure chest of marks or a flit was laying their eggs or something. (Not that they'd be able to do anything, they hadn't brought any food...)

"Alright," he agreed, heading off to find the next room. He didn't wait long, but picked one with the door shut and knocked once. He received no response and looked at her with a shrug. "Your turn. I'll stand guard, you can go in." He was having more fun than he expected to, even if they'd only found one dusty room thus far.

"Do you think you'll try for a firelizard next time there's a hatching?"

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 04:25 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

”I worry just the right amount and only about the things that matter.” Sticking her tongue out at her friend she gave a sly grin as she watched him pick the next room. He knocked and then offered his terms to which she simply nodded and moved past him to slowly open the door. One eye peeked in to ensure they hadn’t happened upon the weyr of a sleeping rider. Once she was satisfied that it was empty (as far as people went) she pushed the door open enough that she could slip into the room.

A giggle drifted from inside the room as she looked around - this one was far less dusty because it had been used more recently. There was still furniture in the weyr after all! A chest, a bed, a small desk. Another giggle before she called out, ”Havenrute come quick!” Unbeknownst to the young man she was hiding behind a small alcove created by the natural wearing down of the stone walls. Once he entered he would be unable to see her, which was the plan. Holding her breath she did her best not to giggle or give away her hiding spot until he was closer.

This would be good.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 12 2017, 04:33 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

Havenrute reached for her tongue, hoping to catch it between his thumb and forefinger. "Aren't you the one that fell down that ravine because you thought you saw something?" He teased. Not that they both didn't have a whole childhood full of stupid ideas and playtime mistakes. The nooks and crannies around the hold had been prime exploration material, just like the Weyr itself was proving to be.

"Have you noticed that there seems to be about a million firelizards around here? Do you think we'll ever wind up with one?" It was always 'we' never just one or the other. Though, if it had to be one of them, Havenrute would give it to Camille without pause. She deserved something that loved her unconditionally like that. "Maybe we should see about exploring the beach. I heard people sometimes find clutches there."

At her call, he slipped into the room after her, blinking as he looked around, not seeing her immediately. "This one looks more lived in. Kind of." He moved towards the chest, hauling it open to peer inside. "Looks like just crafter odds and ends," he picked up a sheathed knife and some coiled rope and turned to show her, still clueless as to where she even was.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 12:34 AM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

From her hiding place she could not see what it was he had found, but she could hear him just fine. Waiting and doing her best to hold her breath she listened as he rummaged through the chest and told her what he’d found, until finally she thought she would burst out laughing. Jumping out she gave a loud, ”Boo!” while giggling; at least if he didn’t find her scare amusing she certainly did. Once she had caught her breath and calmed down she smirked, ”I don’t know if they’ll let us go to the beach without a babysitter. Probably afraid we’ll get lost or eaten or decide to elope or something silly like that.” One thing she’d noticed since accepting her role as a candidate was people were so very interested in what she did with her spare time. They were all just waiting on pins and needles for her to slip up and break a rule, at least that’s how it seemed.

”We definitely need to get some firelizards. Then we can exchange notes all night long.” Arching a brow she pointed at the items in his hand, ”Gearing up for an adventure?”

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 07:01 PM
Wingleader

198 Posts
520 Marks

Havenrute gave a cry and dropped the knife. It clattered to the floor and he blinked at Camille owlishly before bending to grab it and replace everything in the chest. "You shouldn't be so good at hiding. You're too loud." He smirked at her, knowing full well she'd be aware of his teasing. "Apparently. Weird things to leave behind." He shrugged and shut the chest, looking around the room again.

"Probably not," he agreed about the beach. "Maybe we can talk someone into taking us? I mean, most of them have to understand being a candidate, right? And everyone else seems to have a flit. Why shouldn't we go looking for some?" It was a rarely brazen moment for Havenrute, suggesting such an adventure - And asking others for help, none the less!

"There's a bluerider that takes people to and from the Holds..." Count on him to have made such an observation. "Maybe she'll take us? If we can find her..." He didn't know her name, just that it was something she did. He frowned, turning the idea around in his head.

@Ivy

Captain's Crew
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates