April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Red Ingoth

Upcoming Hatchings:

Winter is in full swing as the Northwest reaches the middle stages of the cold month, and Dalibor, taking full advantage of a crackdust filled break in Threadfall, is back at it again. Delving into the Southern ice and snow, they have paired with Grove Weyr to fully explore the lands they only slightly uncovered the previous turn during the Jungle Expedition. This, however, will not be a warm and relaxing waltz through the woods; although was it ever that to begin with?
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Harbinger's Hoard, A pile of shinies and pretties!
Harbinger
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 01:18 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks
Member Inventory: View

user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Wingrider Ξ 29 Turns Ξ Male Ξ Bisexual
    Appearance 5'8" Ξ Lean Muscled Ξ Black Hair Ξ Hazel Eyes
    Personality Honest Ξ Encouraging Ξ Proactive Ξ Candid
Relationships
    Romance None
    Friends None
    Enemies Just about everyone
Plots
    The pariah of Dalibor, M'arek is now infamous for being the rider of the dragon who dared tried to force catch Lanasuuth. How characters react to that is going to be very interesting and I really look forward to your ideas! He's been at Dalibor for quite a while so he likely has a few existing friends, enemies, or the like.
Threads
user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Priderunner Ξ 28 Turns Ξ Male Ξ Homosexual
    Appearance 6' Ξ Solidly Built Ξ Black Hair Ξ Dark Blue Eyes
    Personality Willful Ξ Introverted Ξ Charismatic Ξ Loyal
Relationships
    Romance None
    Friends None yet
    Enemies No one specifically
Plots
    Tariv has been at Dalibor a turn now and needs friends. Or at least colleagues. I'd love to get him with other members of Bravo Pride for threads at the very least. I'm looking to get him a love interest, as difficult as that might be for him. He's very aromantic, so the other person will need to make a move first. Tariv doesn't really have a type, so throw your boys over!
Threads
user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Weyrling Ξ 19 Turns Ξ Male Ξ Hetersexual
    Appearance 6'1" Ξ Stocky Ξ Brown Hair Ξ Brown Eyes
    Personality Honorable Ξ Personable Ξ Perfectionist Ξ Hidebound
Relationships
    Romance None
    Friends None
    Enemies Rivals, perhaps?
Plots
    C'len is ready for anything, which is probably a good thing considering Caeluth is more than willing to get into everything. I like giving him a good shake up, and so any trouble he or his dragon can get into is going to be great. C'len also needs friends! He's been around Dalibor for nearly five turns now, so he has to know a few people. If nothing else, he should get to know his Weyrling class.
Threads
user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Weyrling Ξ 18 Turns Ξ Male Ξ Bisexual
    Appearance 6'3" Ξ Boyish Ξ Brown Hair Ξ Blue Eyes
    Personality Optimistic Ξ Jester Ξ Lackadasical Ξ Flippant
Relationships
    Romance No one D:
    Friends None, apply today!
    Enemies Why, I never!
Plots
    L'rien is incredibly proud of being a Weyrling to one of the new Indigos of Dalibor and is more than willing to boast to anyone. Or just converse with them. He desperately needs friends. Such a social butterfly has to have at least a few! I want Chelleth to get out and socialize, too. She's going to be such an interesting counterpoint that I can't wait to see how she interacts.
Threads
user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Wherling Ξ 16 Turns Ξ Intersex/Androgyne Ξ Pansexual
    Appearance 5'9" Ξ Twiggy Ξ Brown Hair Ξ Brown Eyes
    Personality Energetic Ξ Competetive Ξ Impatient Ξ Tempermental
Relationships
    Romance None
    Friends None, apply today
    Enemies Luxinova, maybe. It's complicated
Plots
    The two biggest things I want for Xavinyra are a rival and a confidant. Perhaps the two can be the same person. Both will need to have the energy to keep up, since neither Xavinysk has only redirected Xavinyra's force of will but hasn't yet tempered it. I really want Xavinyra's gender transition on screen, so that's why she needs someone close to talk about how she's neither male nor female. I'm good with general threads as well, so if you need a beastcrafter or a Wherling for anything, let me know!
Threads
user posted image

Characterization
    Basics Apprentice Weaver Ξ 16 Turns Ξ Female Ξ Heterosexual
    Appearance 5'6" Ξ Willowy Ξ White Hair Ξ Pale Blue Eyes
    Personality Shy Ξ Insecure Ξ Creative Ξ Kind
Relationships
    Romance None, open to any ideas!
    Friends Adaya - an old friend from her childhood at Fort, brought back together by happenstance
    Enemies No one specifically
Plots
    Emira needs some help coming out of her shell. She's started to do so on her own, but without support she's not really going anywhere. Friends, weavers, and wherhandlers are high priority, the latter because Yorisk has implanted a nagging little idea that maybe she could Impress. Mostly I just want to get Emira out in the open a bit more, so I'm interested in any and all ideas.
Threads

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Jan 19 2018, 03:15 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

Updated with my new folks! BRING ON THE PLOTS.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Jan 21 2018, 01:39 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
665 Marks

@Harbinger

I suspect Caelen and my Inali would bump heads something fierce. She's very spoiled and opinionated (especially in matters of women being able to do THINGS.)

Emira and my Navenax would likely know one another as they are both weavers. But he's very outgoing and bubbly while she isn't. He's just been Searched and reunited with his sister. He is also generally dyed a variety of colours.

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 01:51 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

@Captain

It would be amusing to shove Caelen and Inali together in a chore thread or something and see how they interact. She can beat against the rock that is Caelen and he will do his best to hold his tongue and keep moving forward. Any ideas on specifics?

Emira would probably find Nav's multicolored hands amusing, to be honest. She's more likely to trust a fellow weaver outright, and since Navenax is a Journeyman, she'ls probably had to report to him at some point or other. It would be really interesting to throw them together either doing Weaverly duties or during a rest period. Any preference?

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 01:11 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
665 Marks

@Harbinger
Maybe cleaning out a storeroom? Plenty of opportunity for them to find something and turn it into a goofy thread if we so desired!

A rest period between weaverly duties works perfectly for me! That way we can always bounce around if we need to!

Tariv and Pavir need to meet. And not just because of name similarities. xD (That's the only reason I can think of. /shame) Maybe they get on patrol together?

I'll start up Inali/Caelen if you'd like!

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 12:31 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

@Captain

A storeroom spring cleaning sounds good to me. If you start that, I'll start the Emira/Navenax thread. Lunchtime seems like a good rest time that they would both have, since Navenax wouldn't be working on Candidate stuff.

Pavir is totally welcome to join my open Solitaire thread and socialize. Or maybe Pavisk starts the socializing and Pavir gets dragged in? Tarisk could drag them into the poker game I'm hoping to get started.

I'm not sure how patrols work when it comes to prides, since Tariv doesn't have one yet, but that could mean he's mixing with prides to find his fit? The patrol would totally work, too.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Maruset
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:12 PM
Apprentice

N/A

35 Posts
308 Marks

Laerien would be fun, because he and Ismat will either grow to like each other, or they will hate each other. Interesting in seeing which way it will start to fall out?
PM
^
Zane
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 07:14 PM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

719 Posts
60 Marks

@Harbinger

Why hello there! So, I think we have some threading to do. xD I believe you already tagged me in a thread for Embry, so we can certainly start there.

As for the rest of my lot, I'm thinking that Everane needs to meet some more boys. lolol

Everane x Laerien - I honestly think they'd be amusing. She may end up having a crush on him, or thinking (at the very least) that he's cute. She can be pretty flighty with boys, given she's young, but I'm interested to see what happens once she actually develops a crush on someone. I think they'd make for interesting friends, even if she doesn't take to him romantically.

Morrigan x Laerien - She thinks he's fun. Lol! She'd probably adopt him as one of her crew. She always needs more boyo's, especially since her former buddy is no longer around. She's involved with Ruane, but she wouldn't say no to shameless flirting. As it stands, Ruane is a weyrling and so she could use a fellow candidate to pow wow around with. ~

Let me know what you think, or if you're interested in any other potential match-ups! I've got quite a few kickin' around!
PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 05:08 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

624 Posts
260 Marks

@Harbinger

Tariv x Eylian - Eyli is outwardly easy to get along with, but doesn't get close to people or trust them easily. I'd like for her to actually have a few actual friends. It will take time. Lots of time. She has secrets, she is selfish, she is an actress who wears a mask to most of the world. Still, everyone needs friends and the opportunity to make them. Could be an interesting match!

Tariv x S'vor - S'vor is my oldest character here, but very young at heart! He's a bit of a pillowcrafter and indiscriminate about which gender with. He's also been promoted to Weyrlingmaster. He's intelligent and tactical, very bright and capable. He's just mischievous and likes his wine and fur-play. He'd make a very good friend, and he's kind of up in the air for anything else.

Emira x Azaril - Azaril is an apprentice Harper, so she isn't tied down yet by anything. Unless she should Impress a white or queen before she is a Journeyman and I have the token for her to get a sport, she'll be a crafter for a long time. As such, she will have more freedom to socialize as she pleases and to do as she will. They are almost the same age--she's just turned 16!--and I think they'd get along. Zari is shy, sweet and caring.

Emira x Larka - Larka sorely needs friends. I'll be having her Searched soon, and she only has her icehowler, Fell, and her sisters Norla and Kala...who things are tense with due to their situation. Feel free to read more on that in her bio. She won't trust or open up easily, but a nicer person will have far better luck getting through her walls than a person who is not. So I think Emira might be good for her! They are also close in age, as well. c:

Caelen x Caden - I think the two of them would get along swimmingly well! I plan to have her out next, so there's a bit of a wait as I have to get a character slot for her and only 1/4 of the way there. Still, of all mine, I'm interested in this pairing. Her bio is in WIP if you're interested! I'm not opposed to a strong friendship, neither am I opposed to the idea of something more developing on either end--even if he crushes on her.

Caelen x Talivor - Talivor is my crafter. I would love for him to have some friends around his age. He's hetero, not bound from socializing with whomever he chooses, not constrained as a candidate or weyrling so that he can have maintained friendships. I'd like for him to have a few! Caelen seems like a nice guy, so if you're up for that, so am I. c:

Caelen x Vilane - Vilane is Caelen's opposite in may ways. He's arrogant, vain, egotistical, and controlling. He's a take charge sort who, if he could have some good influences and build some friendships, might actually be all the better for it. He needs someone to level him out. People who can handle his flaws, and are level headed enough to gain his respect through honesty and sense without pissing him off. I think Caelen might be capable of becoming his friend, if you're willing to try! Faranth knows he needs friends and good influences! He has also been standing for 10 years now, and is starting to secretly fear not Impressing! Not, of course, that he'd go around admitting it easily.

Caelen x Daxaeon - Dax is a nice guy, though a bit of a macho one and slightly homophobic. He's pretty cool and has no friends. I'm not sure what I want for him yet. Just that I know he needs to have some relationships here to get him moving forward. He's around Caelen's age and has been Standing for a bit.

Not hiding I really like Larien, and so am throwing a few of my girls at him. 8'D I'm open to you looking and seeing if you're interested in any of the other girls I have, but since these are the doots...it might work better for ya. Well, minus Azaril, who is apprentice Harper, so not tied to that until after graduation, unless she Impressed one of the two colors listed, otherwise she's DNI until I save posts for a token for her to get white and stands.

Laerien x Taylei - Taylei is super friendly, outgoing and a bit naive and too-trusting. She's sweet though, and if she crushes she'll crush hard and fall fast, I'm sure. I don't mind if it's just a crush and not returned, but also don't mind longer term.

Laerien x Shaedryn - Shae is my 'bad girl'. She's a flirt, not great with commitment, and it would take someone who really sweeps her off her feet to make her commit. She's young and headstong and seems similar to Laer, so they'd probably make good friends either way. If it turned into something more, I wouldn't object though.

Laerien x Larka - Larka is a hard nut to crack. She grew up on the isles, exiled, and I'm mostly looking for friends for her, since she has a very hard time trusting, and men especially. I think it would be an interesting pairing, to say the least. She's got her icehowler, Fell, who is closer to her than any person. She's the sister of Kala (played by Dandelion) and Norla (Ivy's alphahandler) with an interesting past, and who cannot read nor write, but is quite sharp and a survivor through and through. She's been through a lot. I eventually want a long term relationship for her. Feelings of a romantic nature will be a struggle for her, because she will hardly understand them well for some time. Still, she'd be worth the wait--in my biased opinion! She's strong, stubborn, loyal, and there's a softness underneath that hard exterior that she has had to maintain. Feel free to check out her bio--or any others! I will be having her Searched before the upcoming hatching.

Laerien x Azaril - Azaril is shy, sweet, and not a mean bone in her body. She has a lot of development to undergo, but I'd LOVE for her to end up with a handsome, fun guy eventually. She's very dedicated to her craft. I'm planning to get her a white token and DNI unless to white or queen, so she will probably be an apprentice Harper until she reaches Journeyman, and then I'll have a Stands Impression token for her as well! She is so shy she'll require a guy who can be the one to flirt with her. She won't know what to do with it, but she's very 'girly' and will probably blush a lot and stutter. If she develops a crush, especially! I think it would be adorable. I'd rather her not have her heart broken, and I'm all for friends, but I'd love to have a relationship for this one. She has warmed her way into my heart so I adore her. She also comes with a lot of pets. She'll be my firelizard hoarder--one of each color is the aim~

Xav x Basiliare - Lia could definitely use some friends. Since Eryonthi bonded, she hasn't really had any. She's very responsible, blunt but means well, and not close minded. I'm thinking it might be a good friendship if you're up for it! As blatant as she is, she will be first to tell Xav to be true to herself and not mind waiting for her to figure things out. She's demisexual herself, but I'm only really looking for friends at this point. She's very dedicated to bonding a wher and won't break rules or allow herself to get the feels until after her wher is old enough.

Xav x Malika - Malika is another one who could use some friends. She is homosexual, and I am looking for future relationship for her, but I will be developing that slowly and really want to choose carefully since I want a long term and she takes relationships very seriously of any kind. She's a bit different. Her caravan has its own beliefs and values, and she speaks a little differently, so she's a lot of fun for me to play and I, at least, find her interesting. c: She would be very blunt as well, and full of good, not always wanted but poignant, advice. A very loyal friend, or otherwise!

PMEmail
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 12:08 AM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

Okay, sorry for the late replies - I got caught up in making sure I got event posts done and then real life smacked me in the face with a cast iron pan.

@Maruset

I think Ismat and Caelen would be friends if you were looking more in that direction! Otherwise we can totally throw him and Laerien together and see what happens.

@Zane

I don't remember the Embry thread, so that will be interesting xD

Ever having a crush on Laerien would be adorable. I think she's a bit too young for him, so it wouldn't be reciprocated, but it would be fun to play out regardless.

Morrigan and Laerien totally need to get back together to pick on each other and basically be awesome. They can bond over their mutual subqueen firelizards and Reyna can think that Cyanide is plotting to destroy the world.

@Ruriko

I'm not sure about Tariv and Eliyan. Tarisk would totally go for the bubbly side of Eliyan, but after that, I don't know how they'd click. We can certainly try!

S'vor could be very interesting - how will Mr. Perfect react to the scarred visage of Tariv? I could see them initially meeting during some meeting of the Candidate Masters since Tariv keeps getting dragged into helping out the Wher Doots. After that? I don't know.

---

So Emira and Azaril should totally meet by Emira's Pink flitter getting in Azaril's way or... something. Going to Azaril for a morsel. Accidentally flopping on Azaril's book. And then proceeding to do everything she can to make things better. Queue Emira also trying to make things better while being super shy about the whole thing. It would be adorable.

Larka... hmm. She's going to be a very tough nut to crack. Emira might be able to, being the quiet thing she is and being able to wiggle into those little crevasses and pry them open a bit. I'm not sure how, but we could try.

---

We already have Caelen and Caden going in the feast, so hurray for getting that started!

It looks like Talivor and Caelen are cut from the same cloth, so they ought to get along swimmingly. I think they ought to meet in the evening, after dinner. Talivor could be at work doing the evening entertainment and Caelen can either be listening in and drinking up the ballads or cleaning up as late chores and running into Talivor.

Vilane and Caelen grew up together at Fort. It's possible they have a history already. Mayve they were friends before Caelen was transferred to Dalibor? And now they're rebuilding friendship that was interrupted for four turns or however long. Caelen and Vilane would have been left standing for a clutch or two together, so they have that in common at Dalibor.

Daxaeon needs a hug. A bro hug. Caelen would definitely supply one if they were close enough. Anyway, I think they would get along as well, I'm just running out of RP ideas xD

---

I'm totally up to any ideas you might have for Laerien! He's certainly fun to play! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Laughing.png I did take a quick peek at the other ladies and maybe Seiyrsha might be interesting. They're a bit different in age, but after various candidacies and weyrlinghoods are complete, it might come out in the wash.

(He also needs guy friends (or more?), but we can go over that some other time maybe?)

Taylei and Laerien seem to be the same people xD Nearly, that is. Laerien's not quite as nosy (okay, he does enjoy some gossip) but that's just part of the fun. They would certainly make good friends at the very least!

I'm not sure about Shaedryn. At least not in a long term relationship. She seems too abrasive for Laerien to be more than acquaintances. That can, of course, change, especially as we thread them, but Laerien tends to be bad with cruel. He might also end up being the kind of person she feels would be stepped all over, since he can be the kind of person to let things just pass by. It would be interesting to see what happens if we threw them together, though!

Larka could either be introduced to Laerien by Emira or vice versa. Laerien would certainly be patient with her, since he wouldn't want to be stepping on toes accidentally. Right now I'm ... well, not sure he has the patience to try to wriggle his way into her heart, and yet he has to be patient since he can't do much until he ages out or Impresses and graduates. But that's Laerien for you.

Laerien would totally throw a few good winks at Azaril. Even if, at first, it's just to make her blush so they can have a laugh. Or he can laugh and hope that Azaril is having a good enough time. Like before, he could meet her via Emira or the other way around. Then the fun can begin.

---

I have a feeling Xav and Basiliare would be best friends just because they're just so similar. Both would push each other to be better. I definitely think someone needs to nudge Xav into being herself rather than what's expected. Not that she does that already, but someone needs to point out that being independent and being true are completely different.

I haven't decided on relationships for Xav yet - I think that's down the line quite a bit - but it's something that could be considered. Xav's also in a "manly" craft, so she and Malika have that in common. Maybe Malika comes to shoe some horses and Xav's there to help?

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 10:27 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

624 Posts
260 Marks

@Harbinger

All of these sound great, so we should probably pick a couple and start at 'em! We've got a list, but definitely Laerien x ??? for one. There's a lot to go through. I'll let you pick! If he needs male friends, go ahead and pick whoever you think he might click with. I have quite a few, still~

Xav x Basiliare for sure. Lia has no friends save Rowana's Eryonthi, who just bonded and so she won't see for some time.

We can work on them 2-3 at a time. We have Caelen and Cayden already. So one. Then Xav and Lia could be two. I'll let you pick who to put Laerien with first. c; Also sorry for late reply. I'm going through a lot right now and it has been a baaad month. I have catching up to do--loads. And a hatching I'm planning for end of April. Thanks for your patience~ xo
PMEmail
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 02:07 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

@Ruriko

Yeah, we can definitely pick through these and get a few started at a time. No need to inundate ourselves (even if that can be fun)!

Of the options you listed, I think Laerien x Azaril would be the most adorable, Taylei for "girl friends" that maybe turns more. We could do the idea I had for Emira x Azaril and instead have Laerien's Reyna invading Azaril's space. If you have other ideas on how to throw them together, let me know!

Xav and Lia... hmm. Maybe they're hanging out or just happen to be chatting or something after a wher doot lesson? Do we want them to be existing friends or just starting to know each other as more than "another person in my candidate class?"

I'll start one thread if you want to start the other. We can start adding in a few of the other thread ideas in a few weeks or so as well, if that works for you.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 02:22 PM
Priderunner

N/A

159 Posts
1025 Marks

Bump for an updated want ad!

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after a small hiatus. To do this, I need threads, which means I need you!

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil