April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Staycation, SU:17 {Tigersilk/Boo}: G'len/Rayna
Tigersilk
 Posted: Jun 20 2017, 08:53 PM
Wingleader

N/A

1103 Posts
1645 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Zeuth reappeared from between high over the beach and circled in for a landing. Here we are, my friend, he trilled to Couineth, flying beside him. Just as I promised you, a beautiful place to hide and relax for a bit, the Bronze trilled to his dragonic companion. And not too far from home, either.

The beach in question was located on the other side of Dalibor's island, well within hearing distance of the Weyr itself, in case some emergency or other came up while they were gone. It had the white sands noted for this area of the island, plus the blue-greenish water invited any who came down there to come in for a swim. A good place to spend a day away from political troubles.

Given recent events - the death of a young Candidate at Couineth's latest Hatching several days ago, the execution of the eggstabbers and attempted murderer a few days ago - G'len felt that some time away was needed. For both himself and Rayna. A day of genuine rest did everyone good, in his estimation.

The Bronze landed on the beach, the morning light glinting off his oiled hide. Hurry up and get this stuff off me, MyBoy, he growled at G'len. I wish to go swimming and sunning without all this stuff on me. Zeuth was prancing around in place a bit, eager to get to the fun stuff. This load of picnic baskets and blankets and things was annoying him, even though it weighted nothing at all to the large beast.

"Calm down, your Majesty. First things first. You'll have all day for swimming and sunning, if no emergency pops up," G'len said, trying to keep his dragon under a bit of control. Turning towards his friend, he gave the Weyrwoman a small bow. "As requested, a place outside of the Weyr proper, but still close to home. This spot isn't on many of the fly-over routes, so we should be able to relax without anyone stumbling across us by 'accident'." And if they did, well, at least two of his flitters would be willing to chase the intruders away.

Once I get His Majesty here unloaded, we can set up a spot to sit and sun ourselves. Or, if you prefer," a devilish gleam in his eyes, "we can go exploring a bit first. Before the heat of the day hits." While the temperature was perfect right now, it promised to get warmer before too long.

"So which would you like to do first?"

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 02:46 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

It had been a trying time. The child's family had been informed of the loss. Everything had happened so fast and yet the time seemed to drag on. Rayna smiled as she felt the wind whip through her hair, finally out of the Weyr and free to enjoy her time without being scrutinised. Free. A smile broke through the frown that she had previously held as Couineth circled down, following Zeuth.

G'len had stuck by her in spite of everything. Rayna sometimes wondered if those who rode the Kings were only kind to her because of the power they could stand to gain if Couineth chose them. G'len and Z'dyn both were different. P'ryt had been different. These men had all been her friends.

Fiiiiiinally. Couineth turned her head to look at Zeuth and landed on the ground, You have nooooo idea how annoying it has been to be stuck in the Weyr for so long. How I enjoy these little escapes of ours.
The gold reached over with her nose and bumped the bronze with a draconic laugh.
Perhaps someday Rayna and I will escape to a whole new planet where everything is just sunning, oiling, swimming and flying all day long.

Of course, she didn't really mean it. Couineth thought she might actually become rather bored if she were only to sun and fly all day long. Then again, they could do without Thread thank you very much.

"Oh I think an adventure would suit us just fine, right Couineth?"
Rayna was unloading some of the supplies they had brought with them and turned to G'len with her hands on her hips.
"Of course, only if you think we won't get lost."
The smile that she held was not entirely forced, she did enjoy his company and he had a way of making her forget her worries at least a little.

@Tigersilk

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Jul 26 2017, 03:55 AM
Wingleader

N/A

1103 Posts
1645 Marks

G'len finished unloading Zeuth, putting the picnic supplies into a small pile. Two large-sized food baskets held several metal bowls, each covered with a tight fitted lid to keep tunnelsnakes and other pests from sampling their contents before the humans could. Two more baskets of the same size held assorted towels, for drying off and laying on later. Those, he was less worried about larger pests invading them. Nothing for them to eat, there. Only to hide, if that.

Once that chore was done, the Bronzerider looked around the landscape, searching for something in particular. "Ah there it is," spotting a little brook down the beach and pointing it out to Rayna. "Would you like to see what's upstream of that? We shouldn't get lost if we stay by it; we can follow it back when we're ready to return here." What was up there he didn't know, but now was as good a time to see as any.

Zeuth returned the Gold's nosebump. You should tell me the next time you feel trapped in the Weyr and need to escape. MyBoy and I can find interesting things for you and Yours to do. We can go hunting again, or go to a Gather on another continent, and see new things there.

The Bronze thought over the idea of another world for a moment. That sounds like it could be fun, he responded truthfully. New places to hunt and explore in, and possibly new people for Ours to talk to.. And if such a place was Thread-free, all the better.

Once he was free of his harness, Zeuth began walking towards the water. There is a pretty reef system out this way, if you want to come see it. Brother showed it to me and Mine turns ago, referring to his clutchmate Poseith. I have not returned here since he went between. I wonder if it has changed much since then, said as much to Couineth as to himself. Zeuth still missed his Iron brother, but could do nothing about it but remember him whenever possible. Who knew, perhaps they'd find each other again on the other side of between, and share their adventures again.

Would you like to go see it?

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:53 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Once everything was appropriately organised, Rayna brushed some of the sand from her clothes and turned to follow G'len as he pointed out one of the streams. She felt like this was one of those moments where she could just let go of everything she was and everything she worried about. To just take a moment for one day to step away from their work. She looked at the stream and nodded her head.
"We wouldn't want to get lost in the wilderness, afterall," the playful smirk on her face would show G'len that she was beginning to relax.

Rayna charged slightly ahead of G'len at first, picking up the pace all the while knowing that he would catch up to her shortly. As much as she tried to exercise, she knew she would likely not be as fit as the other rider. So she fully anticipated that he would catch up to her soon.

As he got closer she dipped the tip of her boot into the stream and turned to flick some of the water at him, hoping that she would get just a little on his face. It wasn't a particularly large stream after all.
"Perhaps getting lost wouldn't be so bad though."
Not out here... Well, not until thread fell anyway. No, she wasn't thinking about that now.

"I think we should play a game. We know one another quite well but out here, there's no one to listen to our words. A game where we must tell the absolute truth in the answer to a question. What do you think?"

The gold waggled her tail back and forth at Zeuth's words. She liked these moments. She could feel that Rayna felt much the same way. Rayna still had her doubts, her worries and thoughts but it was less that it had been recently. Couineth thought that it was better this way. Maybe one day when they were old they could choose to not be the leaders any more. To just step back and let someone else take control. That might be nice.

She turned her attention to Zeuth as he spoke in response to her suggestion. It would be a difficult task, but perhaps possible. He spoke of Poseith. Couineth remembered the iron and although she had not been close, she knew that Zeith and Poseith had known one another well.
I think the reef would be lovely.

The gold paused, thinking about what Zeuth had said.
You were very close with Poseith... Sometimes I wonder what happens, whether they are able to see us somehow. I heard of a story of shadows of some kind being left on the land here. One of the older weyrbrats was telling it to the younger ones. I believe in an attempt to frighten them... It made me wonder, though, what if they are able to see us here?

@Tigersilk

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 08:31 PM
Wingleader

N/A

1103 Posts
1645 Marks

((Currently in the running for longest delay between posts - aka, apologies for letting this thread sit so long. http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Frown.png ))

"We wouldn't get lost out here; the Weyr wouldn't let us. If we're later than they like coming back, they'd just send out the whers to find us," G'len answered his friend cheerfully. Though how long 'long enough' would be to them, he had no real clue. Probably nowhere near as long as either of them might like, no doubt. "Assuming Couineth and Zeuth don't come looking for us first, that is,"

He didn't get too far behind Rayna during her little run; while he was far from the fittest rider in the Weyr, he wasn't a slouch in that department either. G'len liked having a trim, fit figure even at his age. His clothes fit better that way.

G'len laughed at Rayna's splashing him with a bit of water. It was good seeing his friend loosen up a bit and just enjoy being herself, without all the baggage and scrutiny that went with being The Senior Weyrwoman all the time. An escape from all that annoyance for a bit could only do her good in the long run. And in his case, occasional freedom from being The Wingleader, or The Weyrleader, or whatever title he had at any point in his dragonriding career only did him good; it let him recharge for a bit before returning to all the necessary chores such ranks demanded.

"Well, if we somehow get lost out here, I know enough survival skills to survive long enough to get back to the Weyr. Just walk until we hit a beach, then keep walking on that until we get back to the Weyr entrance. Or at least one of the villages on the shore." Admittedly it'd actually be more complicated than that, but that was the gist of what they could do to get unlost on this island they lived on.

G'len thought over Rayna's idea for a moment. "A risky game you wish to play, my friend. We could wind up not talking to each other ever again after it's over. Or else find ourselves having a roll in the furs. Or somewhere in between." He mused the implications over a few more moments, starting to walk upstream. On the other hand, there were a few things he wanted to know too, so maybe the risks would be worth the reward. "Do you want to start, or shall I?"

Meanwhile, Zeuth pondered Couineth's words. I..am not sure if they can or not, he admitted truthfully. I suppose it isn't beyond the realm of possibility for them to see us here. It is more likely they can see things we can't from here, like our past and what it holds for our future. MyBoy thinks that sometimes, when thinking about his lost mate and where she might be now. That the idea of meeting those he lost once again gave His some comfort went unsaid.

The Bronze waded into the water, starting the swim out to where the reef was at. What kind of shadows did the 'brat say were here? he asked his friend. Were they talking about those simply lost to old and and Thread, or of those lost to the kitchen fire and assassins from turns ago? Those two events were seared into both of the Bronzepair's memories, given it was their Weyrling class that had been targeted by the Palefolk, and their class that had been sent to the Healer Hall to bring help back to tend to the many injuries and dead the fire created.

Or were they referring to something else altogether?

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 06:18 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

(Forget the PM I realised that this is not as cemented in a timeline as some other threads so we won't have to worry about getting confused)

Out here, amongst all the birds and trees she could almost forget about the worries of the Weyr. When she had been a Weyrling, Thread had not yet started falling and as much as they trained and learned their drills, Thread had been something in the distance. Something that they didn't have to worry about just at that moment. This, what they were doing at the moment, took her back to those days when she only had Couineth to worry about and her many tantrums. Whilst she never wanted to return to those days when she came back to a destroyed Weyr or weyrling room, they had been simpler times.
"That seems like a good plan, G'len," Rayna responded with a jokingly serious expression on her face, "If we get lost we will just wander until we find something."

She knew what he meant but she hoped he realised that she was just making fun of him. Rayna let out a laugh she had been suppressing and turned to walk a little further as G'len pondered her game suggestion. When he mentioned a roll in the furs she laughed and looked over her shoulder at him with a raised eyebrow.
"Oh is that all men think about?" Again she grinned, "I'll start. Something easy to start with, I don't want to scare you off after all. You grew up in a caravan, did you like it?"

As she said, it was an easy question. One that he shouldn't have had much trouble answering. Rayna knew a few things about his past but sometimes she wondered how he felt about parts of his life. She had always been driven, taken steps to be Searched. For Rayna it had been her one goal in life and she'd not looked back. Rayna was certainly not a family person. Each season she sent a letter home to her family with some information about what was happening in her life.

Whilst Hers was having a less serious discussion, Couineth was pondering the meaning of life with Zeuth. Sometimes she thought about the way Hemetath had gone Between. Perhaps there was a place Between where they could stay safely at length. Maybe they could see Pern.
I think they were speaking of any who were lost. That they hover around in an existence that we cannot see. Couineth shuddered involuntarily, The assassins were frightening. I do believe the candidates mentioned some of those who passed away in that scenario too. I know that they were trying to frighten the young ones but... Specifically they said the shadow of Perbiath's roams the Weyr and is followed by the shadow of Kalith's...
What if they were not far from the truth? Maybe not that specifically but maybe there were ways that they could exist.

@Tigersilk

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr