April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Healing Hearts and Minds, AU:18 {Coppertop Hatching Feast}
Rii
 Posted: May 11 2018, 04:13 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2471 Posts
3157 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Jali stood at the table the Weyrleadership used in times like these - times of joy, or times of great trouble. Times when they needed to be seen.

Mere candlemarks ago, almost everyone who was in the dining hall now, had been in the Hatching Grounds to witness Laanasuth's and Zelsk's clutches hatch. There had been happiness, and there had been fear and pain to an extent that some had been completely unprepared for.

Unfortunate. But part of Weyr life.

Still. Twenty-six new dragonets and eleven new wherets were now part of Dalibor's ranks, and that was cause to celebrate. Bracing one hand against the table to steady herself, Jali curled her fingers around her cup and looked out over the gathered people, waiting for enough quiet to speak.

"Those of you who have grown up in the Weyr, or have been part of it for some time now, know that Weyr life is not always easy. Candidates do not always become weyrlings or wherlings. And of those that do, you will see danger, and you will see death." She shook her head gently. "It is a daunting reality, but it is something you must always be prepared for."

"Seeing people you respect and care for get injured or die is difficult. You may never get used to it, it may never hurt less, but you learn to bear it better. And you learn to cherish all of the joy, all of the good times, for every bit they're worth. You learn to hold onto hope, and help each other heal."

"To our new weyrlings and wherlings," Jali looked around until she found a few of the faces she recognized, and smiled softly, "I encourage you to help each other, and those around you. Help return strength and happiness to our Weyr, as we will help you do the same. You are the future of this Weyr, and I look forward to working with you all, in time."

She lifted her cup. "Dalibor, and friends of Dalibor. Please join me in welcoming our new classes with a toast. To Fuschia Class, and the Hearthealers!"

Jali sipped from her cup, setting it down after a moment and bracing herself against the table, looking a little pale. "Please excuse me," she murmured, touching Os'nin on the shoulder lightly. "Os'nin, could you do me a favor and pass on my congratulations to any new weyrlings you see tonight? I need to go."

She looked to Armon, her weyrmate, and offered her hand to him, trying to smile. As soon as she had his support, she slipped quietly out of the hall.

@Aerona (Os'nin) @RhiaBlack (Armon)

PMAIM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 11 2018, 08:51 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Everything had been... Well, in the end the hatching had ended and they had a number of new hatchlings to be added to the ranks. Rayna and raised her cup to toast the two new classes and then took a drink of the wine. Couineth had been contemplative at the moment. Quiet. Rayna had left the gold to herself, not wanting to trouble whatever thoughts were going through the dragon's head. Concern flitted over her face as Jali moved out of the Dining Hall but she did have Armon with her and therefore, Rayna remained confident that the other Weyrwoman should be ok. The night had been a very exciting one and with Jali pregnant, it was hugely concerning.

There were dragonets and wherets littering the Dining Hall, excited chatter in spite of the death and injuries that had been faced on the sands. It was horrible to watch but ultimately, they were Dragon Riders. They knew that such things could and did happen. Rayna placed a hand on her lap and pursed her lips. Well, she might as well chat with Os'nin. Continue to figure out the man.

She turned to the Junior Weyrleader with a polite smile.
"So, Alwanath must be pleased with the overall outcome."
He couldn't be pleased about the deaths but ultimately, the blue had proven that a fighter proved no barrier to a large clutch. Seemed that all the onus was on the ladies after all.

@Aerona

Oh Kirryl I know you are sad about things that happened tonight, and your brother but we are still allowed to have a bit of fun at the feast.
Ajaleath bounded onto the seat beside her rider, pulling herself in tight so she would be able to sit comfortably at the table. The pink plunged her head into a whole platter of food causing an aghast Kirryl to try to stop her.

From his place under the table, she heard Kisk gurgle. It was Ditre's glare, though, that put something of a damper on her spirits. He was just sticking his spoon into some soup, dropping the liquid and staring. Kirryl pulled a questioning face and then looked back to the pink dragonet.
No but I don't think you're supposed to be enjoying that food.
Ajaleath stopped eating a sweetroll and replaced it on her plate turning her head to peer at it. Kirryl admired the dragon a moment longer.
Well, I can't say it would be my most favourite food but it's good all the same.

Then she shoved the sweetroll in her mouth anyway. Kirryl lightly pushed her from the seat and moved away from the table.
Let's go and meet some of our class mates.
Anything to stop her eating food that wasn't meant for dragons.

@Hearthealer class

Other characters present: C'ian, S'idon, Hulair, Naanell (playing music and a singing Naanesk), Riyd, Yalenia, Kire, Ditre, Peiyn

PM
^
Zane
 Posted: May 11 2018, 09:11 PM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

704 Posts
5155 Marks

He didn't have any nice clothes, but it was a special occasion so he had to wear something. He would never forget this day, and where normally he cared very little for trying to make an impression, he wanted to look his best. He couldn't, nor did he want to, leave Eocuth's side. He had freshly oiled the red before sitting down to watch her sleep. He was used to having next to no privacy and so the fact that he had been given a roommate--a young harper and his cyan to be preicse--was of little to no consequence to him beyond the fact that his red may be apt to destroy their possessions. They'd have to take it one day at a time. It had taken time and patience to get Eocuth to agree to lay down. She had wanted to inspect everything upon moving into the barracks. He had done his best to prevent her from chewing everything he owned on sight. He didn't have much, which made it all the more imperative to keep the red from destroying his things. She was insistent that what was his was, inevitably, hers. She wasn't wrong; not really anyways. Even if she were wrong, he didn't have the heart to argue with. So, he remained perched upon the end of his cot, his hands folded together whilst he pressed a finger against his lips. Lost in thought, Em'ry awaited the drudge who was to bring him the clothes he'd requested. He wanted Eocuth to be proud of him, and he'd decided rather early on that he'd like to match her.

When the drudge knocked, Em'ry motioned then in. He had already given them the marks beforehand, and so they simply handed him the stack of clothing and withdrew. Coming to stand, the young man set the clothes aside. Picking up the bright red button-down shirt, the young man shook it out before examining it in the low-light of the room. It looked... right. He had never worn many, if any, reds prior. This would be the first time. There were going to be a lot firsts now, and he was both terrified and excited--all at once. Taking a breath, the new weyrling began to dress. Smoothing out the darker red suit jacket, Em'ry pulled on both sides so as to settle the material over his shoulders.

Once he had on his pants, he looked over to where Eocuth lay. He didn't wish to wake her, though they would soon have to leave. Em'ry lingered in the doorway, attempting to pull on a pair of black dress shoes. They had been neatly stacked atop the pile of clothing, and were luckily a perfect fit. Leaning out the entrance to his new room, the red-weyrling attempted to spy his fellow weyrlings. Had people already left? The last thing he wanted was to be late, and miss any speeches that were given in the classes honor. Sighing, Em'ry turned around; intending to wake the young red. Eocuth was already awake, and staring him down. What? he inquired, clearly concerned. You look just as you ought to. The reds tone was even, and sincere. E'mry responded with a bright smile, watching as the red rose to join him. Lets go, no sense in keeping them all waiting. There better be things for me to DO there. Is it going to be fun? Em'ry tried not to laugh, resting a hand upon the reds hide as they made their way out into the hall. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Privately he wished that he'd thought to bring something for the red to chew. What if she decided to chew the other weyrlings, and her siblings? No... He wouldn't let her do that. If she got too hyper he was sure they could rig something for her. She was to be his focus for the entirety of the night.

As they entered the dining hall, Em'ry tried to spot Rome or Vianna. He thought he may have seen Jaq'n, but it was hard to tell given how many people were in attendance. Jali stood, about to begin her speech, and so Em'ry ushered Eocuth to a table. Quick, we don't want to be the last ones in. I don't WANT to sit. Why are WE sitting? Is there nothing else to do here? Em'ry frowned at the red, trying to ignore her whining. He didn't have to worry about her pulling at his clothes tonight, at least there was that. She liked his clothing enough that she would, or so he hoped, want it to stay in one piece.

Soon, and food as well if you wish it. The red surveyed the room, seeming to already be looking for something to entertain herself. It took nothing at all for her to grow bored. Weyrlinghood was going to be a long, hard, trial. As long as she remained quiet for Jali's speech, well, then surely they could get through the rest of the evening without a problem. Eocuth's mind was drifting, Em'ry could feel it. Sitting down, the boy didn't take his hand off of her hide. Peering up at where Jali was stationed, the young man did his best to listen. Her words were touching, and occasionally the young man turned to look upon his dragonet. Affection in the weyrling's gaze, Eocuth soon met his. There is PLENTY here to play with! Em'ry frowned at her, trying his best to be firm. No Eocuth, this night is to honor us. Do you want to make us look like fools? I'm NO fool! I'm positively bored. She has stopped speaking now, lets go! Em'ry jumped up out of his seat just as the Weyrwoman was leaving with her weyrmate. Eocuth, no chewing people! The red was just ahead him, weaving through various individuals until she had reached the food table.

@Open
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: May 11 2018, 10:04 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1049 Posts
40 Marks

A'dran clapped with the rest of the audience when Jali's speech ended. The hatching was fresh on his mind. His graduation loomed while a certain red weyrling met their bond. He could scarcely believe it. Embry was Em'ry, a rider of subqueen. Cross impressions were rare events, with Em'ry's being the second he ever witnessed. Perhaps now he'd see hope in the older boy's eyes. A'dran stepped away from the table to look for the individual on his mind, certain that he wouldn't miss his own hatching feast. Grey eyes were alert and soon fixed on brightly colored hide. She was hard to miss. Knowing full well that reds could have tempers and take poorly to those who were not their bondeds, he chose not to approach her, instead throwing his gaze out to find her rider. Em'ry, as expected, wasn't far.

Picking up two cups of juice, A'dran approached his friend, a hint of surprise evident on his face as he realized that the older boy as wearing a shirt to match his partner's hide. He held out the cup, "How's it feel?" To be a weyrling. To solidify your place in the world. To know your other half. He glanced at the red cutting her way to the tables. Trouble. Just like Hers. "And can you keep up?"

Without his swarm of firelizards close, only Wish perched on one shoulder and the rest enjoying the space high above the crowds, he pretended that, for a moment, that their paths in life weren't about to diverge again. Him taking to the wings with Em'ry starting classes. He sipped his juice. There were answers to unspoken questions that would go unsaid for now. Much like how he wouldn't comprimise his bond with Wobath, he wouldn't intrude on what his friend was forming with his own.

"What's her name?"

'She's pretty.'

Z'phor chuckled half-heartedly at the purple dragonet's sweetly spoken admiration. Likely plucked right out of the weyrling's own miserable memories. Yes, Rylin was a lovely young woman. A lovely young woman who he treated terribly out of jealousy and misplaced fear. He'd thought her stupid and selfish, risking her bond by confessing feelings all those months ago. Confused, shy feelings. Fledgling fluff that he crushed under his heel with accusations. And in his attempt to flee, he'd made everything worse. Her cyan hated him. Her brother hated him. Faranth, he was surprised Rylin didn't rip apart his apology goldentine and burn it.

'You're not a bad person. There is so much good in you, and I love you for it. Maybe she can see it too.'

'Mai, m'friend, you are terribly optimistic about this.'

'You will never know if she will forgive you if you never try.'

'Her dragon and her brother want me dead.'

'Don't say that! Even if her partner doesn't like you, I'm sure she wouldn't actually harm you. Now, it is up to you. Will you return the knots tonight or another day?'

Z'phor rubbed Maiweith's headknobs, "Tonight. If she hates me, she hates me. We've got each other, yeah?" He reached into a pocket and curled a hand around the bluerider knots Rylin gave him months ago, when she Impressed and left him behind. They were a 'good luck' charm. It took him some time to realize what they meant. That the important someone they belonged to had to be dead. Mismatched eyes followed the weyrling as she stepped away from where she was playing music, likely to take a break. He drew in a breath and approached her, words dying on his tongue.

What did one say?

"I'm sorry" felt hollow.

Broken and overused.

He held out the knots, loosely strung between his fingertips, "Thank you...I..." Shardit. "This is Maiweith! He wanted to meet you." Not quite as comfortable bespeaking humans as dragonkin, the purple remained quiet for now, wishing he could speak to her bonded. Surely if he could talk to Loriketh he could convince her that His was trying to change and to give him a second chance. Though he did offer Rylin a friendly flutter of his wings.

@Zane

PMEmail
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: May 12 2018, 04:18 AM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4027 Posts
10 Marks

Armon had been considering telling his wife to take it easy, but ultimately he knew she couldn't. Jali was a Weyrwoman, one of two they had with Keth's transfer out, and pregnant or not she had things she had to take care of that he couldn't and wouldn't be able to help her with. It came with her position, and all he could do was try and help where he was able.

Which, admittedly, wasn't a whole hell of a lot. She knew how far she could push herself, and the Healers had already told her what to do and what not to do, so he left the judgments of that sort of thing up to her. He'd never been pregnant before, obviously, and had absolutely zero experience with child-rearing or anything related to it. So he sat back, and when she looked pale and he spotted her telling the new Junior Weyrleader something, he rose to take his place where he needed to be and helped her either directly up to her weyr by way of carrying her there, or out to Laanasuth so the Copper could take her, and Armon could make his way up that way.

He wasn't particularly fond of heights.

Aurora had wanted to skip the Feast altogether, but Nalith was curious and would not be bested by being one of those put to bed while the rest of his brothers and sisters had their fill of food and conversation. The Burgundy stuck close to Aurora, nearly wrapped around her once again, as she made her way through the tables and found a seat in time for the beginning.

Hollow words, perhaps, given all the fear striking the Sands during the Hatching. Plenty of people would have something to say about it. Aurora wasn't plenty of people - she had her Burgundy, now, and she really didn't care. Let them leave if they wanted to leave, flee if they wanted to flee - she no longer had to subject herself to the foolishness of infant dragons and whers, she now had to shape up and ship out to the real work at hand: Threadfall, once of course they made it through weyrlinghood.

IF they made it through weyrlinghood.

Nalith stationed himself half-draped across her lap, Aurora's plate of a rather skimpy amount of food for herself and a couple of meatrolls for her overly-protective companion balanced on his shoulders, letting his neck remain free to crane his yellow-orange eyes around at the world beyond the seat. Aurora gently pulled his tail in with her foot, to keep people from treading on them.

I don't want to be here.
We must. Is need for Hask's and Hask to be here. Be see, see other. Let know Hask's is not just drudge any longer. Is not one to step on and look down on, any longer.
I'm fine with it. It's how I've been my whole life, I didn't need your help.
Hask think Hargrove did. Am here now, will show you.

There was an argument behind the tall man's eyes, a promise of bickering that would have made it out if he was any other kind of man. But it didn't. Hask looked rather triumphant, and Hargrove only looked more and more uncomfortable, but the tall man's hands remained holding the Bronze close to him, to make sure he didn't get stepped on.

Hargrove had seen Dragonless before.
He didn't want that to happen to him, in any regard. Even if Whers didn't bond as strongly, Hask had a part of him now that he was loathe to have ripped from him. Not now, and not ever. AS far as he was concerned, he was just going to have to deal with the problem that was being something he hadn't signed up for.

Still, Hargrove didn't argue. He never had. He took the same standpoint with Hask, as he did with anyone else - let him think whatever he wanted to think. Hargrove didn't have the energy or time to bicker with anyone, there were things to do and of all the work he could be doing, the first sevenday of this mess would be spent dedicated to this creature who had decided that out of all those on the Sands in front of him, Hargrove had been the best choice.

The man was seriously confused on how he was the best choice for anything, but from everything he'd been told in the last several candlemarks, whers and dragons knew Theirs. He'd see how well that panned out, but for now, he wasn't entirely sold.

Hask show you. You see. Trust me.

And then there was the matter of something being in his head and him having nothing to do with being able to hide anything from it. That was probably the most unnerving part. Hargrove gathered himself a plate, let Hask converse with people trying to hold discussions with him up until the Drudge got bored and walked away, and then settled in an empty seat and split several meatrolls with his new infant mindmate.

Ky was another one who wasn't entirely sold on his bond. Glad he had one, certainly. But it would have been a lot more fun, perhaps, if Unavir had Impressed, too. Oh well. He was almost certain the other young man would end up bonded with time, and for now Groneth's decision to choose him over anyone else, well...it had settled a bit of relief in the fifteen-turn-old.

Now he didn't have to worry about disappointing his father, and he'd be able to fight Threadfall and be useful to the Weyr. No more Candidate chores, either. It was almost strange, these chores were akin to the ones he'd been doing for turns now with his father, had been doing with his mother for a very, very long while, but it was different when it was his own dragon he was doing them for.

It felt so odd, Groneth's hunger being his own. The way his skin itched, and instinctively knowing it was a part of his dragon, not his own body.

Everything was going to take a LOT of getting used to, least of all how he was so accustomed to the specifics of dealing with a Red and then with an Iron. Groneth had Baihujinth's stubborn nature, and he reminded the young man of his mother's resistance to anything change-oriented. Uphrixinoth had been a monster when it came to getting her own way, and passing judgment on other people by actions and feel, more than words. Ky himself had somewhat inherited that, he thought. The Red coveted the boy until her passing; it was no secret that she seemed to love him as much as Kyona had, but truth be told, it was a question of whether his mother loved anything at all.

Groneth followed His curiously, large eyes taking in the world around him with his neck periodically extending to get a better read on something or another. The food drew his near-instant curiosity, and as they went through the line with the others, the Brown mentally plucked at His' thoughts in reference to things he wanted to taste and try.

Ky got some of everything, even stuff he himself never ate, and settled at a table with his Brown close beside him; what he wanted for himself was shuffled to one side, and the rest he plucked with his fingers to hand-feed to his ever-watchful other half. Groneth tasted, but he observed as much as anyone as far as what was going on.

Your sire and clutchsibling are not here.
Dad's probably getting Keivhyn to bed. It's sorta late for him, I think he cried himself out. If he doesn't get night-terrors, I'll be surprised.
He has them often?
Dad says he had them for a while after his mom died. Still doesn't tolerate being around Rust a whole lot, but he'll touch him and play with him and stuff, long as Rust doesn't come charging at him or show his teeth or any of that. I don't think he'll stand again until he's older, most likely. Maybe closer to my age, I don't know.
He seems very different from you.
He's only half my brother, we've got the same Dad, different Moms. My Mom was a Redrider from Fort. His was a Greenrider from here, and everything I hear about her, well...she was kind of useless, Dad seems to think. He won't come out and say it, but other people do. I ask around, you know. Wasn't sure if I was going to Impress, so I had to keep up on the gossip and stuff. Harpers do that.
Seems exhausting. And a bit judgmental, truth be told.
I don't put a lot of stock in it. I never knew her, she died before I was here, but every time I've tried to bring her up to Grampa Jy, he doesn't have a lot to say about her. Said it's better to ask Dad, but the one time I did, he looked...I dunno. Weird. Like he didn't want to talk about it or something.
Sometimes memories are hard for people to handle. Especially if the wounds are fresh, MyKy'don. Perhaps when we're older, he won't be so tight-lipped?
Dad doesn't get personal with a lot of people, I wouldn't be surprised if he never said anything. Do you see Unavir anywhere?

Groneth craned his neck up, putting his forepaws on Ky's shoulders and using the leverage to get a read on the crowd.

He is over by the far table. It appears they've bandaged him up.
See if he wants to come sit with us, a lot of people in here, maybe he hasn't seen us yet.

The bespeckled Brown shifted to settle himself in on the bench he was on, and watched the other boy until he caught his attention.

Unavir, Ky'donMine has invited you over to eat with us. If, of course, you don't have other plans. We're on this side of the Leadership table, close to the Kitchens.

@Captain

[Z'dyn will be showing up later. He's dealing with Keivhyn atm. Ijo is milling around. If you want anyone else, tag them and I'll try to get them in here if they're the sort who might show up. Aurora and Hargrove will probably be migrating to the Barracks to sleep at some point, as will Ky. I anticipate a lot of people posting in here, so I'll probably be starting one-offs in other boards or something just so I don't have to constantly skim past a thousand other posts from other people to find what I need to find.]

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: May 12 2018, 03:50 PM
Wingsecond

Time Lady

903 Posts
1522 Marks

Raz was a mix of emotions. She was excited to go to the feast. She'd been to gathers of course, but this was different and she wasn't going to miss it. All the food and music and fun. She could do without the speeches, but at least they were short. Beyond the excitement though, Raz was a little worried. Elle had been so upset after the Hatching. Raz wanted to promise it would all be fine, but she couldn't really do that. This wasn't a problem she could solve by hitting it. What if Elle never got better? Coming to the Weyr was supposed to be a good thing. But Raz was starting to realize it wasn't all fun and dragons and whers. There were dangers and there was death, and she wasn't yet sure how she felt about it.

But it wasn't all bad. The new weyrlings and wherlings looked happy and her brother, Zeph, was one of them. She couldn't wait to meet his new dragon, who was obviously the best of the bunch. Since he looked busy though, Raz slipped through the crowd until she found Zel. Grinning, she ran up to her older sister. "Zelsk's babies were the best! Except the mean one, sorry," she wrinkled her nose in distaste. There had been a lot of unpleasant things at the hatching, along with the good. Her wide eyes watched all the hatchlings and their new bondeds. "Someday I'm gonna have a partner of my own too," she said, eyes flashing with determination.

@Catsitta (Zel)

Jaq'n let out a breath and smiled. He was here. He was really here. He'd been to so many of these feasts, always watching and congratulated his fellow candidates as they became weyrlings. But now, it was his turn. Now he was a weyrling too. Once the speeches were done and the music started, he almost felt overwhelmed at what to do. This was usually where he got some food and lingered around the edge of the crowd. But he was the center of it now, so what to do.

Capellioth leaned on his leg and nuzzled him gently. So many friends, she commented privately. Her eyes were wide and blue as she watched them all. She could feel that there was still some sadness in the air, even with the joy. She wished she could hug and fix them all, but not all pain could be fixed with a hug. Can we meet them all? she asked hopefully.

Jaq'n smiled, stroking her fondly. 'Sure, Cap. Let's go meet them!'

@Open
PM
^
Eric
 Posted: May 12 2018, 05:23 PM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

Mine, you'll enjoy it. There's plenty of peoplewatching to do at a feast, Vellinuth said to his tired and hungry partner. Um'al was half-asleep in his new cot in the Weyrling barracks, his stomach still in knots from earlier in part because he hadn't eaten anything to fill the void he had created.

Still, the thought of people watching did perk Um'al up.

"Alright," he said, easing himself into a sitting position and scratching Vellinuth's headknobs.

He did not dress particularly specially for the feast, as he did not own any fancy dress. He did, however, manage to find a black tunic that was nearly a dead ringer for Vellinuth's rich, velvety black hide. Vellinuth noted that matching one-another was the best he could do for such an occasion, and he was quite pleased with how they appeared as a pair.

Leave the drawing supplies behind, Um'al, Vellinuth ordered. Um'al agreed reluctantly.

Soon, the pair were at the entrance to the feast having just missed Jali's speech. Vellinuth didn't appreciate that. But he did appreciate that being late meant he could sneak through the crowd. He was a small black, and being newborn he was all the smaller. He split off from Um'al almost immediately and got lost under tables and behind legs. Um'al struggled to keep up.

Next thing he knew, there was some commotion at a table with a good deal of food as Vellinuth balanced a wherryleg on his snout, tossed it up, and snapped it out of the air, pleased with his trickery to get the food before anybody could stop him.

"Vell!" Um'al cried out, embarassed.

Consider this preemptive payment for all the times you are certain to embarass me, Um'al-Mine, the black said with an audible snort as Um'al came up beside him. Now, get some food and go meet some of our classmates, Vellinuth demanded as he wandered off again, this time with conversation in mind.

He wound up near Ajaleath.

Sister, I see you've also sampled the feast, Vellinuth said with amusement, seeing the messy table of food.

Um'al meanwhile sat down in silence, watching the goings ons around him.

@Boo
PM
^
Tobes
 Posted: May 12 2018, 06:20 PM
Wingrider

N/A

199 Posts
3606 Marks

C’rome listened to Jali speaking with rapt and unfeigned attention, a rarity among Weyrlings and perhaps among those gathered in general. No one liked a speech, did they? But the Jr. Weyrwoman had earned his respect and loyalty in a way that few at Dalibor Weyr had. He even managed to school his look of distaste at the chosen name for his class—Hearthealers? That was so… mushy. Feminine.

Do you balk at an association with the effiminate, C’rome? Nyricith tilted her head with an expression that read only as polite interest, no judgment, but he did squirm a little at it anyway.
C’mon, it’s not like that. I know you’re a girl and that’s… fine, but dragons aren’t mushy like that. We’re training to fight Thread soon, Hearthealers sounds like a… baby name, I guess. The weyrling rolled his eyes, laying a hand on the space between her shoulderjoints. For the moment she fit in his lap very nicely, and again that pang of knowing she was so small, smaller than he had imagined. She was still wearing that gentle teacherly look, not having to use words this time to get him to dig deeper. He would come to it in his own time she well knew.
When I wasn’t thinking about how bad the Sands were, I always thought of being like W’lant. I started taking care of Rironlunth when I was a little kid. It took me all day to oil him, and you had to make sure he didn’t eat too much, it made him lazy…
Do you desire to expend so much energy on me?
No, it’s not like that either, it’s just. People with big dragons are special. They both fell silent for a little while after that, C’rome idly sloshing the juice in his cup, Nyricith gazing at her rider with green in her eyes. She was not hurt by his feelings. She laid her smooth head against his shoulder, the lights of the Dining Cavern reflecting off her with little splashes of unexpected color. C’rome had oiled her twice in the intervening candlemarks, forgetting to so much as find a glass of water for himself until she had commented on her own thirst mere moments after slaking it.
I know you to be extraordinary. You were significant to me from the moment I breached shell—united, we are already memorable. Or did you not hearken to the cacophony that followed our Impression? He had to admit that he had not. He had had eyes and ears only for Nyricith in that moment. That was our inception, not our denouement, C’rome. Now attend. It is high time to be reconciled with our colleagues.
Our… what are we doing?
Make a friend, Mine. It almost pained her to say it so, but she could not have him missing her intentions. She was relying on his mastering the proper use of language during weyrling training. Surely to speak precisely and honestly was a part of such lessons. He doubted that his old roommate Navenax would be in attendance, given his missing foot, and the idea of talking to a Bronzeweyrling—really, had enhusiastic, simple Navenax been deemed so leaderly?—filled him with some disgust. It was Jaquin that caught his eye first, so he set the Indigo dragonet down and approached the older boy, trying to decide how he ought to present himself. He hadn’t been especially kind to the Healer when he had tried to help him off the Sands, but he had also tried to downplay that it was nerves what caused the whole thing. And now they were weyrlings together. Friends, then.

“She looks well,” C’rome commented as he strode up to the Pinkweyrling, Nyricith following close at his side. Her eyes whirled green with happiness at seeing Capellioth. It had been touch and go there for a minute, hadn’t it? Fondest greetings, sister. You appear a grand deal improved since last I witnessed you. C’rome laid a hand on the Indigo’s headknobs, managing what looked like a convincing smile. “What do you go by these days, anyway?”

@Rowana

user posted image
PMEmail
^
Ree
 Posted: May 12 2018, 10:00 PM
Candidate

N/A

40 Posts
85 Marks

The hatching had been quite the event – and it had changed her whole life, given that this was the time when she’d walked away bonded. Had she been left standing, she may well have just gone to bed and congratulated every new weyrling and wherling she could find in the morning. This feast was partially about her, though, and she’d had packing and moving to do, so it wasn’t like she could just sleep.

She was just fortunate that her possessions were relatively sparse. The biggest trouble was getting her pets introduced to Halenciath and then settled into a new room. That had been an experience…

She was moved now, though, and now it was time to feast and get to know some of her classmates better. Somehow, through her candidacy, she’d only managed to make one close friend. She wanted to keep that close friend, of course, but she wanted to make some new ones as well.

She’d arrived on time, Halenciath right at her side where she belonged. Together, they’d listened to Jali’s speech – all things that had started to weigh on her not long after her own Impression. Things her mind knew that her heart was still working on realizing. She was too tired tonight, but she was sure it’d all weigh heavily in the next couple seasons or so. She inwardly promised to help those around her, weyrlings or otherwise – something she would have done, anyway – and sipped her own juice as Jali Jali offered a toast to the two new classes. Hearthealers, huh? That had a very nice ring to it…

Jali turned pale and excused herself? Was she all right? She wanted to offer help, but Jali was leaving with help, so she swallowed down the offer. He was probably more qualified than her, anyway. Besides, it was time eat, drink, and socialize. She looked around the room, her heart freezing in place for a couple fearful moments as she noticed the red dragonet. Okay…she’d be okay… She really should get used to the sight of that dragonet now, while she was still relatively small. They’d be in class together for quite a while, wouldn’t they?

Halenciath darted off, and Torena set her drink down to give chase. She smiled as the dragonet found Jaq’n and Capellioth, studying the dragon as Halenciath approached, eyes shifting from green to yellow and back.

Capellioth, you look well. The cyan dragonet remarked to her clutch-sister. Keep getting better, and show your rider how strong you are.

Torena caught up with her dragon and smiled at Jaq’n, as well as his current companion. ”Quite the night, isn’t it?”

@Rowana @Tobes

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: May 13 2018, 02:37 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

102 Posts
835 Marks

Os'nin was in a better mood than he should have been. Candidates and dragonets had died on the sands, blood and ichor had spilled, Others had rampaged. But now they had a great number more of Weyrlings and Wherlings to their fold. Of course, many would die in training, they always did, but that was a problem for future Os'nin. Right now his cup was filled with wine, and meat and sweet rolls and redfruits sat before him at the Weyrmaster table. He was downright giddy at the moment. Maybe it was because his own dragon was so proud of the children he had watched come into the world and find their bondeds, and to how two clutches on the sands at the same time could have been a far bigger disaster.

He was leaned back as Jali spoke, giving her the time to shine. This was more her than him after all, he was just the afterthought when it came down to it. He was about to take a sip of his drink when he felt the touch to his shoulder. He looked at Jali, looked her up and down, and grabbed her hand with his for a single squeeze. "Rest, I've got this." He said. patting her hand before letting her go. He had wanted her to rest, rather than attend, it had been a hard day for her after all, and was glad to see her snaking her way off and out with her Weyrmate. His own was beside him, clinging to him like a new hatchling, which made him frown just slightly. Territorial, much? New Weyr, at least they weren't fighting, for now. @Rii

The bluerider, so recently turned Jr. Weyrleader, turned then as the Weyrwoman spoke to him and offered her a lift of his drink in acknowledgement. "Of course he's pleased, he won't shut up about it. he mourns for the losses of course, but is more than happy with the outcome." He said, cheerfully as he drank some of his wine down, making sure to pet Vekta's hand to soothe him that no one was 'taking' him away. As he sat, a green popped from between to take an offered meat roll before perching on Vek'ta's shoulder to eat at it. "I'm sure his pride and cockiness is going to upset a few of the males around here, but he's a tough beast that can't be bothered with it." He said with a wave of his hand. "So, how did you think the hatch went? Was a bit intense, but I've seen the ones before the armor, and this was much more mild in comparison." He said, offering to pour her more wine if she needed it.

"A new color."
He frowned a little. "It's a rather vivid and beautiful one, and it seems that is only going to give the big blue a bigger ego." He rolled his eyes as he broke some bread to eat. "Is Couineth excited to have all the new Weyrlings about?" He asked lightly.
@Boo
@Captain (Vek'ta mentions)
[Os'nin is open to congratulate / eyeball any of the new littles if anyone wants to tag him!]

----------------

Nari's mind was still reeling over the fact that she had impressed, and at her first official hatch no less. She wondered if maybe her little pink knew that, and that was why she had decided to grace the world? There was no other explanation as to how she had found her lifemate. She was cleaned up, somehow not having incurred any wounds during the impression. Maybe it had all been saved up for N'ax? She shook her head.

Nari, Nari, Nari, Nari. Oh my goodness, isn't this just exciting? It's so wonderful and perfect, just like you. Oh, we should go make friends, I bet we'll make so many friends, the best of friends! Enicoeth spoke so happily, her little feet stomping in excitement.

Nari's brow wrinkled and she frowned heavily. "My sweetling, do we really have to make friends? I really, I don't like people."

That's not true at all, you love them! You're scared that they'll get hurt and leave you. But it's okay, because having friends is the best, and you are the best. I want us to have all of the friends!

Nari was taken aback by those words. "That's not..." Was it? It had been so long she couldn't remember what the truth was anymore. While Nari contemplated this massive epiphany she hadn't noticed that the little pink Dragonet had darted off to the first person she could find.

Oh hello there, do you want to be my friend? I bet we'd have the best of times, and you should meet Nari mine, she is just the best! Enicoueth wiggled with happiness. She had wandered straight up to the other pink and stared up at Jaq'n I would just love it if we all could be friends!

Nari came out of her thoughts and blinked. She stared around before finding her very distinct little pink off talking to someone else. She ran over, till she was nearly out of breath. "Eni, don't run off on me."

I'm so sorry, Nari mine, but I was just so excited to make friends. My new friends, this is Nari mine, she's just the best. She said with all the love and adoration in the world.

"I'm not that..."

She's a crafter too, she does...tanning! Oh, and she has two flitts, they are just the best, and a brother, though he's hurt right now, and a sister, and...

"Eni, just..." Nari was actually starting to look flustered, a new feeling for her. How did she stop this thing from talking? It wasn't like she could just clamp a hand down on her maw to shut it.
@Rowana

-------------------------------

Emeron was sitting at a table, the brown Wher sitting beside him on the ground. He was in, well, what was the word for it? He was pretty sure he nearly fainted once it all hit. He had been congratulated by his parents, though he was pretty sure when his dragon riding siblings found out, they would jibe at him for not impressing a 'real dragon' He huffed at the imaginary versions of them. His Emersk was much better than any of their beasts, and a brown. He puffed with a little bit of pride. Oh, but this was good luck, and good luck usually lead to bad. Oh what was he going to do?

He'd already got a dislocated shoulder and his legs were tore up pretty good. The numbweed helped. His one arm was cast in a sling and holding a drumstick. Starv was finally up, the black and white dog staring at him with hungry...eye. Three legs, one chewed up ear and one eye, his dog was much like him, a miracle to be alive. Starv made a huff of a noise as he stared at the leg of meat, drooling. "Of course, you're only here for the food." He said, tossing the meat. The dog ran over, miss, miss, and score, meat in mouth. Depth perception was hard with one eye. He laid down and chewed the bone, content for the time being.

Emersk stared at Emeron. If Emersk stare like canine, Emersk get food? He asked with a tilt of his head at Emeron.

Emeron blinked. "But you didn't eat that long ago."

Emersk stared at him.

"Umm...I...you can't have the people food."
He managed to get out.

Emersk stared.

"No, don't stare, I am weak willed..." He said, looking away.

@Open

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 13 2018, 06:31 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

As Z'dyn was tending to his youngest, Jali gone, Rayna's closest neighbour was the Junior Weyrleader. She moved herself next to him so they would not be talking over open space. Rayna did take in the position of the Weyrmate. Sticking close by Os'nin. Time would tell whether the trials and tribulations of leading a Weyr would strengthen their bond or break it. The Weyrwoman hoped for the former. Personal lives could get messy and distract from duty. Os'nin answered her question about Alwanath and Rayna couldn't help but grin. Yes, they had lost many hatchlings. Horrible and terribly sad but ultimately the blue had helped to produce twenty-six new Weyrlings. The largest class they'd had in a while.

"Potentially," Rayna answered hiding her smile with a sip of her wine.
Alwanath had already upset a number of the males by virtue of his very presence. He would have to play it cool for the first turn, she suspected. Dragonkin were usually very proud creatures. Even she was taking her time to get over everything that had happened. When the next crisis hit, they would face their trial by fire. If they passed, everything would be forgotten and they would move on.

He asked how the hatch went and Rayna kept her expression thoughtful, pondering her answer.
"The armour works well enough. There are always ways we can change or improve. Just as the dragons produce more mutations, I believe there are more ideas about what can be done differently than I can think of. The Indigos are just another example of that."
It was a subtle hint that she welcomed his suggestions. Already, she was hearing chatter that the Northern Weyrs were thinking of holding a meeting. Vague mention of Holders getting nervous about Searches. If she received the summons, she would worry about it then.

"Couineth doesn't get excited about a whole lot," Rayna grinned, allowing him to fill her cup, "She's... pleased though. The Indigos will be a very interesting addition to our ranks."

@Aerona
@Captain

There was a bounce to Kirryl's step that she'd not had in a while. Even though she was currently keeping an eye on her errant hatchling dragon, she felt free. Now, that would probably last until her first lesson but for the moment she was stoked. They didn't move far, grabbing something from one of the other tables and returning to their own. Ajaleath continued to look at the food, eyes whirring with blue. Her head twitched from side to side as she took in each food element from a different angle. The pink turned as she heard one of her brothers speak.
Vellinuth! Yes, I have. It was not quite as good as the bits of meat I had the other night but it was interesting. After all, Ours shouldn't be the only ones to enjoy the feast.

Kirryl turned in her seat and waved at the black dragon, wondering where the new Weyrling was. She spotted a boy and waved at him, making space at the table to sit down.
But, I do think it's very funny that the humans have to waste so much time getting their food just right. Once we are bigger we will be able to just scoop up our next meal.

"They're like children... Sort of. Except they can talk and cause a lot more trouble..." Kirryl said to the black weyrling, "I'm Kirryl, by the way."

@Eric

PM
^
Zane
 Posted: May 13 2018, 11:15 AM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

704 Posts
5155 Marks

Em'ry would have been scanning the crowds for A'dran, were he not busy engaging Eocuth. So far, he only really had conversation to provide. It was clear that the red had decided she wanted to see what all of the fuss was about in and around the food tables. She wanted to see this human food for herself, to be sure that she wasn't missing out of course. As A'dran approached, Em'ry lurched forward and nabbed Eocuth by the tail. The red paused, and turned round to face Hers. She was about to comment about how not fun and rude he was being, but then someone was talking to Hers. She could feel the heat rising to the boys face, as if the emotion had been stirred in her as well. There was affection there, strong and yet... reserved. The red, seeming to have found a new toy, moved closer to Hers whilst probing his thoughts. Em'ry was torn between keeping her out and letting her see... He didn't want to hide anything from her, but would his feelings for A'dran constitute as harmful? Would she somehow think that he loved her less? "I uh..." and he accepted the cup of juice with a halfhearted smirk, looking down as Eocuth's gaze returned to A'dran.

"I can't describe it," he decided to answer, knowing full well that the truth of the matter was that he would embarrass himself if he tried. He had never been happier; to know that he belonged somewhere, and with a partner. It meant something to him--it meant everything. The brown-weyrling still mattered though, perhaps even more now, in some ways. Everything was confusing, and jumbled, and he couldn't entirely make sense of it all. All he knew was that he was happy, and he was proud to call himself a dragonrider.

Em'ry knew that some of his embarrassment came from the reds hide-color, and really it was an awful thing to be embarrassed over. Eocuth could no more help that she was a red than he could help that he was a boy. It didn't really matter, other than bruising his ego a tad... What did A'dran think though? Eocuth, having said nothing all this time--content to prey on Hers' thoughts--finally gave voice to her own. Why does this other boy make you feel so strange Em'ry? I don't think strange is good. Why are you so confused? What is it to not know what one feels? It all seems very odd. Why are you confused? TELL ME. Em'ry shrugged at the mention of him being able to keep up. He had been keeping up this whole time, hadn't he? Eocuth was his other half, just like Wobath was His. I'm not confused. I just don't want to upset anyone--especially you. Do NOT lie to me. It is foolishness to HIDE these things. It was in that moment that Em'ry realized that the red did not know fear. Not in the same sense that he knew fear, least ways. What she wanted she took. What she felt she voiced. It wasn't fair to be dishonest with her, and so he ought to at least try. Eocuth was quick, however; perhaps too quick for his own good. Is this LOVE, Em'ry? Why do you worry so over it? I told you that you worry FAR too much! You do not feel for HIM as you do for me. This feeling... it's different. Tell me more! Explain this love to me, Em'ry. The red-weyrling was blushing, perhaps far more than he ever had. If he hadn't been embarrassed before he was now.

"Eocuth! Uh... her name's Eocuth." Keep cool Em'ry... keep cool. Excuse me. I'm WAITING. With an awkward chuckle, Em'ry struggled to meet A'dran's gaze. Shit man... could he keep up? Taking a sip of his juice, so as to keep his mouth from spewing out awkward words, Em'ry briefly glanced about the room.

"Excited to be a fullrider soon?" he inquired, his face numb. Eocuth was impatiently prodding at him, fully expecting a proper answer. If he told her to drop it she was unlikely to listen, and would probably rebel by raiding the food table or something. She was like a teenager in full bloom, and yet he was a first-time parent.

@Catsitta
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: May 13 2018, 11:34 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

101 Posts
5 Marks

M'dan and Uputh

I don't want to sleep, the bronze whined at his newly minted riders as M'dan prepared for the feast. A feast in honor of all the new werylings. He was a new weyrling and it still amazed him these hours later. "You don't have to," M'dan cajoled the dragonet for the fourth time, "We're going to a feast Uputh, not to bed." M'dan shook his head at the instant delight that colored Uputh's eyes. A feast because we're the best of course! "If you say so, now come along," M'dan called as he moved out the room that the weyrlingpair had to themselves. That was nice. Uputh was going to grow into himself quickly and large, sharing would have been difficult. Especially given the competitive nature of the bronze, sharing would have ended with many a argument.

The bright little bronze ambled along behind M'dan and when the weyrling turned to check on him he saw those sturdy wings dragging. "Wings up Uputh. Don't want to get them caught on anything," M'dan said firmly and was rewarded when the dragonet immediately snapped them up. In the short time they'd been bonded, M'dan had already learned that giving instructions in a tone the brooked no argument got what was needed from Uputh quicker than asking politely. The bronze seemed to need that firm and sturdy dictation. M'dan had no problem giving it to him.

"Come one, little one, I've someone I want you to meet," he said with a slight wave of his hand and M'dan waited for the bronze to move a breast to him. He wanted Uputh to meet Inali. Had a need for the bronze to like the girl, even if the girl pretended not to like his rider. His blue eyes searched for that dark haired girl. Finding her he led Uputh to her. "Inali," he called out, "I want you to meet someone. May I present Uputh?" Without prompting, the little bronze gave a little bow before speaking politely, Please to meet you, Inali. I've seen quite a bit of you in M'dan's memories. M'dan's cheeks colored lightly. Just what had the bronze seen in his mind?

@Captain

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: May 13 2018, 11:46 AM
Wingsecond

Time Lady

903 Posts
1522 Marks

Jaq'n was a little surprised that the first person they ran into was Canterome. He was glad the boy had Impressed after all he'd been through. Impression wasn't and instant fix, to be sure, but the new pair looked good for each other. Jaq'n smiled at both of them in greeting. "Jaq'n," he supplied. "And your lady looks lovely! Indigo, right? What's her name?"

Capellioth regarded her sister with a happy croon. Oh yes! Much better, she agreed gratefully. She leaned into Jaq'n's leg with a happy sigh. It's so nice to be together with our boys, isn't it, sister?

Halenciath soon arrived as well and the young pink greeted her brightly. Thank you! And I will! We must all be strong for our riders, after all.

Jaq'n beamed and nodded at Torena, glad she'd had joined them. To think they'd all be sharing a class together. It was more than he ever hoped for. The only thing that would make it better was if Xialas was in his class too, but he intended on giving his friend support until the day he Impressed as well. "Hard to believe that this morning we were still candidates," he admitted. "I don't know how I'll even get to sleep after all this!" Likely once the thrill wore down though, he would sleep like a log.

Their group grew larger still as another pink and her rider joined them. Jaq'n had to laugh, and felt strangely embarrassed. He wasn't used to getting so much attention or talking to so many people. It was nice though and Capellioth seemed to adore having all her siblings around. "Nice to meet you, Nari. I'm Jaq'n," he offered with a welcoming smile.

Oh yes, let's be friends! Capellioth agreed with Enicoueth eagerly. She gave all her siblings a hopeful look. Just hatched and already surrounded by friends, what could be more wonderful! My Jaq'n is a healer, he's the best too! 'I'm only an apprentice, love,' Jaq'n reminded her, blushing. Capellioth chose to ignore that and press on. And we have a little flit friend and another healer friend, he got hurt too though... she paused worriedly. So many people had gotten hurt. It was very upsetting. 'We'll check on him tomorrow,' Jaq'n promised gently and Capellioth perked up considerably.

@Tobes
@Ree
@Aerona
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:02 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1049 Posts
40 Marks

Zelsk was tired and there was a touch of strain to her mood, but the copper insisted on attending the hatching feast. This was her first clutch. She wanted to be there to observe her little ones with their bondeds. It amazed Zel how far the wher's maternal instincts extended, certain that she would stop fussing once they hatched and impressed. But no, it appeared that bonded or no, they were her babies and she was going to watch them. Their successes and failures reflecting back on her as a dam and Osk as their sire. Logic that seemed to befit a human more than a wher. But instincts weren't her ONLY guide. Dressed in feasting finery, Zel watched from the far side of the crowd, where she could see much of the room as they gathered to listen to Jali.

Fuchsia. This class had a rather loud sounding color. She wondered if they would live up to the images the name evoked.

Unexpectedly, Raz popped out of the crowd and barged their way, seemingly oblivious to Zelsk's presence. Zel hid a smile. Much of the past eighteen months were spent with people making not of the copper first and Zel second. To be the one focused on, well, it was a change of pace. Of course they were the best. They were MY babies. The copperhandler rubbed Zelsk's shoulder, used to the wher freely bespeaking anyone she wanted. She knew that Raz was Zel's little sister, but before now, the two never really met. Zel watched as the queen ducked her head to stare at the girl, eyes a whirl with curiosity.

"Raz, I don't believe you and Zelsk ever had a formal introduction. This is the dear love of my life, Zelsk. Zelsk, this is my youngest sister, Raz."

@Rowana

"Eocuth," A'dran echoed. He remained quiet as Em'ry and his red seemed to have some kind of 'disagreement'. Apparently Ecocuth was winning given the utterly humiliated flush that overtook the older male's face. What in the world could she be saying? Was the red a shameless flirt? He'd heard of a dragon or two that essentially walked out of the shell with romance in their eyes, endlessly trying to play matchmaker for themselves or others, while making the occasional crude comment. Though, a flirty red? Weird. Oblivious to the actual dialogue exchanged between the two, the brownweyrling let Em'ry collect himself enough to continue, the conversation shifting to focus on A'dran.

"Hm. Yeah. I am. Can feed Wobath at any time of the day without worrying about a curfew," he shrugged. Midnight snacks were easier to manage than early morning ones that may lead to being late to lessons. Wasn't his fault the brown was an exceptionally slow eater. "Should I ask why your face and your dragon match right now?" He took another sip of juice.

'Why so wary, Mine?'

'Reds are known to be possessive, emotional and territorial. Last thing I want to do is upset her bond. Eighteen months isn't that long, really. We've waited to have a talk once already. If we still want to have this discussion after three turns, then I guess we'll have our answer.'

'She reminds me of Wildfire.'

'Wonder if she will bring Em'ry food?'

@Zane

PMEmail
^
Ruin
 Posted: May 13 2018, 02:00 PM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3350 Posts
20 Marks

Iaphaetoth was hissing.

Darlin' are you actually hissing at me?

The Burgundy stopped, perplexed. It sounds like hissing, doesn't it? If it sounds like hissing, looks like hissing, then it must be hissing. Why are you even? What is wrong with you? Vianna had taken the time while he was distractedly dressing her down to finish oiling him properly before the big Feast. He didn't even get a chance to snap at her fingers, and she'd already made sure his belly was nice and full. Wait, ready for what. Full for what, what are you up to Vianna laughed. Why, there's a Feast to go to silly, to see all my friends and your clutchsiblings, your friends too! I don't have any friends, and I don't want any, subjects only

Subjects only? Oh, sweetner, there ain't a person there who owes you anything, but if you work hard enough they just might feel like they do.

Feel like they do? the Burgundy was sputtering in mind-thought, every word laced with surprised anger so much so that it garbled the words, but outwardly he was just as flustered, hopping up and down on his limbs as if he were a kettle boilin' away on a stove. They should already know that they do, and you, you shouldn't even, you! YOU! Me what, sweetie pie? she seemed to coo at him while she righted his wings and made sure his pointy little beak didn't have a bit of dust on it. That earned her a snap, but as always he seemed to miss.

You are ruining everything, he huffed, though she knew part of him didn't believe it, or maybe would come to understand someday. He'd picked her after all, so she'd been perfect for one reason or another. Why, wasn't their Candidatemaster's White just a little bit angry as well? You ready to get out there and go explore all the shiny new things at the Feast? Iaphaetoth's head perked up, but quickly scrunched back down again when he realized he'd given himself away. No I don't want to go to some stupid feast you insufferable girl, I want to go swim, or fly, or hunt. Well there'll be plenty of time for all of that later, for now, let's go hunt up some of our Classmates, we're Hearthealers now you know the dragon seemed to be choking on nothing.

Hearthealers! Right, but privately Vianna was convinced she was the one to do the healin' between the both of them. She scratched him under his jaw in the soft part she'd found out he liked--it didn't even earn her a snap, then went to scoop him up into her arms. NOPE the dragon shouted, skittering away just fast enough to evade capture. If you're going to make me make an appearance, well, my subjects won't see me carried in there. Well why not? Don't the most important people get carried? The Burgundy scoffed, a grating sort of sound. Don't be stupid, Vianna, only humans get carried. A dragon who needs carrying is worthless, Threadscored or addled, oh, the girl placated.

If you insist.

Of course I do he hissed, and led the way out of the Barracks and over to the Dining Hall, head high, though he turned to regard his oil-shined hide. You better hope you didn't miss any spots, I'll know he warned, and Vianna soothed him. I'm sure I did an acceptable job He grumbled quietly in his throat as if her idea of acceptable, and his, would be vastly different. There were already so many people in the Dining Hall, great crowds of people, dragonets, wherets, and even adult whers. The Burgundy stopped suddenly, and then scurried backwards so fast he ran into her shins. She crouched down protectively over him and caressed the edges of his spine and wings.

What is it darlin', little bit too much goin' on?

His eyes spun yellow, but she could see he was trying to get them back to their typical crimson shade as he blustered and puffed himself up. No, it just surprised me is all, why do you have to be so stupid, Vianna, her fingertips worked between his shoulders gently, and she felt him relax slightly. Suppose you could help me out, Phaery? His head turned just enough so one eye could regard her, though he was waiting for the trick in her words. Y'see I'm not so good with names, but I been spendin' time with a lot of these people, an' they're my friends but it's hard, right? Iaphaetoth considered it.

I can't have them think I picked someone actually stupid, he gruffed, I'll help you, Vianna, but you owe me. Can't even remember a few measly worthless humans, I could tell you the names of all the dragons in this Weyr, humans, so useless, let's go. He continued to grumble as he led the way into the Dining Hall, but he couldn't see the girl's knowing smile, and didn't bother to delve deep enough into her mind to know that he'd been duped. It didn't matter anyway, what was good for him, was good for her.

:Open!

-

Oresk was sleeping. For now. He seemed caught between spurts of energy and complete collapse. He was large for a Blue, almost as large as Osk had been, but still manageable if it weren't for his spines. They'd thicken with age, dull with work, but now? It was like holding a babe wrapped in seawher teeth. Her arms were scratched and lightly bleeding in some places as if she'd tussled with some ornery feline, but it had only been the act of oiling her new Bond. So rather than carry him in her arms, or force him to be awake and grumpy, she'd swaddled him in thick wherhide and carried him slung across her back not unlike, she was told, some mothers carried their children when working in the fields. Because work, as a rule on Pern, never stopped. She was at the Leadership table in her designated position with the rest of them to greet the new Classes, though she nearly could have been one if she hadn't already raised a wher to adulthood.

Though Ijo might have protested that he did most of the raising and they simply made attempts to die.

She was not risking his life with libations, at least not yet. It was curious to consider how he might understand such things when Osk would be there to explain in the way only a wher could. So even though Oreanda had rarely been inebriated in her life, her drinking horn held juice rather than wine, and Osk sat behind where he could keep his own eyes on the wheret. Oreanda could sense a growing...budding even...paternal pride for the Blue. A contrast to what she had felt when Osk had first realized the wheret was attempting to Bond. There he had been shocked, and angry, and possessive, but now? Much like a perplexed parent who hadn't quite figured out the new child that had appeared in the world.

I could not kill own son, no other choice the wher sniffed as if she were trying to insinuated that he had accepted this, when he was only tolerating it. Oreo knew better though, than to take him at his word. Osk's pride would last far longer than his heart, he was stubbourn as any Bronze, and navigating a tricky situation. Jali gave speech, left, and Osk allowed Anda to watch the Weyrlings and Wherlings filter through the crowd. She did not join them, but she congratulated the ones who wandered by. It would be time for socializing later. She would probably drop by some of the lessons, but in truth Oresk would do most of his socializing with the Prides where he belonged beside her. His crash course on Wherlinghood would come from being corrected by his Handler and by Osk.

Oresk smell goodies came the small, sleepy voice. The beast yawned, digging his spines into the leather that cupped him, but he could not penetrate the thick wherhide that could ward off even Threadfall for a short time. There was a scrabbling, and she watched through Osk's eyes as Oresk pried himself out and up to where he could rest his paws on her shoulder and peer out at the milling crowd. Feast? FEAST FOR ORESK? Anda reached for his mind to request he use his indoor voice, but a rush of pure excitement hit her hard enough to send her mind spinning. Feast for all hatchlings Osk interjected on his Handler's behalf. You must be calm and--

FEAST FOR ORESK the wher bugled, struggling to free himself from the leather swaddling him. The more he struggled, the more it seemed to catch, though he was successful in throwing himself partway over Oreanda's shoulder so he landed on the table with a thud, one of his spines cutting across her shoulder and throat as he went drawing instant blood. You see what do?! Hurt Oreanda every time, can't love, can't care, just run and hurt and bleed. Terrible wretched beast Osk's jaws were working as he yelled at the Blue, his teeth flashing as he grumbled and growled, but Anda was stroking the spiny Blue's head soothingly because the little wheret had felt the pain as soon as it had happened and was mewling in absolute agony.

He didn't mean it, you didn't mean it darling it's alright. You'll learn. If you listen you'll learn

Oresk try listen to Oresk's the Blue complained loudly, try to speak to us, love, don't alarm the children. Oresk huffed and tried to think really hard about how a wher would speak privately to someone. Tried to think about how Osk and Oreanda did it, and then tried again. Oresk try listen to Oresk's, but so many new things for Oresk want see all things you promised all things, Oresk's promised. I did, I did promise, Anda soothed. She was slowly freeing the Blue from the leather he had tangled himself in. Righting him on the tabletop briefly before setting him on the floor. you must-- but the Blue had already charged off beneath the table where Osk could not immediately follow, and Anda pinched the bridge of her nose again.

Were we this bad?

Ijo and Isk probably say we worse, should not ask, only encourage Oresk to know. Anda agreed, then reached for the Blue who was already shaking his spines in greeting at any other Weyrling or Wherling he met. He'd had a nap, now he wanted nothing more than to play. It was the night, his time, and he knew it. Anda caught up to him quicker than Osk could move through the crowded Dining Hall, using a mixture of memory, clicks, and simply holding her hands out to weave through people while using her Gift to avoid running into any Weyrlingpairs. Oresk she warned sternly, and felt his immediate chagrin. This time she did not let his over emotional nature impact her. You are to stay near me at all times, do you understand? Do you want to hurt one of the new dragons or whers and cause them harm, or even worse, death or [i]betweening? Oresk seemed horrified at the idea.

Oresk no want hurt any egg or ling! Oresk only want say hi. HI, HI, HI FROM ORESK You need to be mindful, not run and shout and frighten Osk chastised as he reached them. Oresk's Osk stupid, what Oresk's Osk know? NOTHING! HA HA Anda pushed through their bond to rein him in and the Blue huffed then whined a sad sort of hoot out of his nostrils. Oresk only want see all things, Oresk go slow stay with Oresk's and Oresk's Osk promise, promise KAY? You see how close you can stay to Osk and me, see if you can keep so close you're under us but no one trips. Do you think you'd be good at that? Oresk thought really hard about it, and if it ever occurred to him that he was being tricked, it wasn't apparent.

Oresk be VERY GOOD at that, Oresk big but Oresk small! Oresk stay right under Oresk's Osk belly won't even know Oresk there HAHA SO STUPID. Anda patted the Bronze on the shoulder. He was starting to learn he wouldn't be able to argue against the Blue, it would have to be trickery first. They'd all learn how to work together wouldn't they? They started making rounds of the Feast, the large gleaming beast and the woman beside them, with a spiny energetic ball of Blue bouncing beneath.

-

Appearances

Actions speak louder than words, do they not

They're patting themselves on the back that they didn't die, but did Impress. Ogling one another. Pointless frivolity when there is so much work to be done R'llor was peering at the bulletinboard in disgust. Nine months sharing living quarters, can you even imagine. I can't He'd had his own room since he was old enough to walk and find his own wetnurse. His jaw flexed. Whatever sort they've put us with I can hardly trust him with my belongings, now can I, I'll just have to request a Crafter room to store everything in. Oh sweet stars alive how am I going to move my belongings when I have you.

With your arms, I suppose the dragon mused without irony. R'llor chose to simply ignore the comment. Very well, very well, come along then. The Barracks would never lose the spicy scent of the dragons who had come before, but it was quite potent with a recently gone Class. Absolutely no privacy here, I can see, the man commented, stopping to swish at the leather hangings that covered every stone arch. There were no doors, only great open cavernous maws that a dragon could come and go from as they pleased. In fact, it seemed most dragons would simply use the inner open tunnel-like rooms to go from the outside rooms to the common area and then out the front entrance. And he happened to be placed in one of those inner rooms. For now, a least, the dragons were small.

They would fit in the corridor. Later? Later these inner rooms comprised of two open holes and some leather drapery, would be veritable roads for all the other dragons. At least his was at the back, hopefully they'd use the other rooms as a gateway. These most certainly are not the finery we Holdfolk are told a Dragonrider has, R'llor complained. You are not a Dragonrider yet, I am too small to ride. "That's true enough," the man said as they walked down the hall of caverns until they reached their own. It was the largest, but that counted for nothing when it would be shared. There were many stone slabs in the room, and Jahaarjipath chose the one he wanted the most at that moment, though he was likely to range around the room with little concern for his roommate and the other's Rider. Such was the way of dragons.

So long as they both fit, which they must if they'd been put together, then R'llor had very little care. He would keep hardly any belongings to speak of in this room outside of those required to care for his dragon, and those to care for himself. Clothing, razor, brush. At least until he had the make of the other man. Though he supposed dragons wouldn't choose a thief. Oh thieves are not evil, they simply take things that are not theirs. I imagine dragons choose a great many thieves for their inclination towards performance. Right then. Absolutely nothing of value. No Feast, sleep. There is a lot of work to do the man warned. The dragon, gleaming in the dull way that Iron's did when oiled, seemed to agree because he was asleep almost instantly leaving R'llor to his thoughts.

ooc: These guys aren't going to the feast, any threads with them should be a one-off

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Eric
 Posted: May 13 2018, 04:51 PM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

@Boo

Vellinuth chortled merrily at Ajaleath's response. Did you eat pne of the nonmeats? Um'al seems to enjoy it greatly, but I found myself something similar to earlier… if a bit less delicious, he declared, pretending tp know what meat was instead of having been told by Um'al that the food he was being fed earlier was meat. It will be much easier once we are bigger to get a meal. Until then, I do rather like having Mine feed me by hand. Mine says we're spoiled, but I think not! They are spoiled to get to feed us!

The dragonet took that moment to slip under the table. What a mess they are leaving! sure enough, scraps were falling beneath the table. He looked towards the larger wher and tilted his head back towards Ajaleath.

Um'al meanwhile was somewhat displeased at the greeting by Kirryl. He had hoped to make it through the feast in relative quietude. But at Vellinuth's mental insistance, Um'al put a tired smile on and waved as he took a seat besides Kirryl.

“I'm Umeral. Or, well, Um'al now,” the black weyrling told the pink weyrling. “Am I hearing Vellinuth correctly that your pink also ate off the tables?” he sked humorously. It was, afterall, quite entertaining. He began to load up a plate with goodies, mostly sweets. Somehow it seemed like sweets would help his exhaustion headache. His instinct wad probably wrong, but nobody said Um'al had good instincts.
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: May 14 2018, 08:05 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

102 Posts
835 Marks

Os'nin was pretty sure the relationship with his Weyrmate would eventually end up the way it always was, on again and off again. But for now they were close and he was content. He didn't let his problems with Vek'ta get in the way of his duty, otherwise he would have had a lot of problems now; considering how often they had fought in the past. He though gave Rayna a look. "Though I know he's already caused quite the stir with just his presence here, and ruffled a few feathers. As long as none of them try to start anything with him, he'll deal with it easily. Even then, it takes a lot to stir him up." He added with a shrug. He was lucky for that. "He made the choice to chase Laanasuth, and he'll deal with those consequences, though I'd kind of like to see one of them try to start something, they'll learn real fast." The blue was a old enough to hold his own, after all.

He gave a nod about the armor. "Though a few of them seemed pretty well determined to tear it off. I'd like to see what the tanners come up with after this hatch. I have a feeling they'll be working hard to improve it." He said with sip of his wine. Hatches like this one would only make it more effective, and he was excited to see how that worked out.

A small chuckle touched his lips at the thought of Couineth not being someone who gets excited. "Well, she has to at least be pleased then, for the twenty six potential new riders for the Weyr, not to mention the new Wherlings who impressed as well." He said. "Alwanath fancies himself the size of a king after this clutch." He shook his head. "He's excited to see his children grow, though there are a few 'problem' children that he is sure he will have to reprimand." He frowned. "We are not known for letting respect slip, so hopefully our Weyrling and Wherlingmasters will make sure that is ingrained well into them."

Sure the pair of Dragon and Rider were much more subtle and nicer now, but give them a turn and they would see what happened when you didn't respect your leaders.
@Boo

---------------

Nari was quick to give a nod to Jaq'n , though she didn't say much else to him right away.

Enicoueth nudged at her. Make friends Nari Mine! Capellioth says we can be friends, I'm so excited! The pink said, nudging Nari more towards Jaq'n. Shake hands, that's what you humans do, right? You two will be the best of friends, I promise.

A frown crossed her face. Eni, I really don't want to do this...

Sad eyes were given her way.

She cleared her throat and stuck her hand out to Jaq'n. "She wants us to shake hands, though I'm not sure why." She grumbled softly.

Oh, flits are the best, aren't they? Oh, I'm sorry about your friend, I hope they'll get better. Some of our siblings were just so mean. But they just need love I think! The pink said with a nod. Nari can be angry, but she's really very nice, she just pretends to hate everyone.

"Eni!" Nari's face lit up bright red. "Don't mind her, she just talks a lot. Ignore what she's saying." Oh no, the little pink was going to just give away every single part of her. She didn't like it, not at all. She would have to chat with the little pink about what she could and couldn't tell people.

I don't get what's so wrong with being honest with people, they like it, Nari mine you should just let yourself be happy, they just want to get to know you better. The pink said with a sad tone.

Sweetling, no you can't just...we'll talk about this later, just... Nari shook her head. "It was nice meeting you, but I should get going, it's seeming to get a bit crowded here." She said, starting to sneak backwards from the small group.

But Nari mine, I want to talk and make more friends... The pink said with a whine in her voice.

@Rowana

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: May 15 2018, 02:45 AM
Wingleader

N/A

1103 Posts
1645 Marks

G’len had watched Jali’s speech from his spot in the serving line, observing her and the others at the main table, as well as the reactions of those around him. Getting a feel for the room, as was his habit. So far everything felt fine, despite the horrors of a few hours ago. Somewhat subdued, given the deaths that occurred, but still hopeful overall.

Gathering his food, he looked for a spot to sit, and decided he wanted the company of his friend at the head table over sitting with someone else at the lower tables. He normally did seek out Rayna’s company during feasts when he could, waiting until sometime after assorted speeches were made and folks were far freer to move among the tables without rank getting in the way all that much. Made for less fuss with certain people, or so it seemed to him.

The Bronzerider slipped beside his friend quietly, pushing a small plate of little pastries he knew she liked towards her. He didn’t draw any attention to himself beyond a nod of greeting to the other three, though he was sure Rayna knew he was there before he arrived. He didn’t want to interrupt her conversation with the new Junior for no good reason, after all. He was still getting a feel for the Bluerider, and the best way for him to do that was by just being quiet when possible.

Watching and listening to the new leader’s words and actions usually yielded more and better information as to the man’s true character than talking over him did. G’len already had a decent feel for the other man already via his limited interactions during Wing meetings; watching Os’nin with his weyrmate in a public setting would give him another facet or two to examine, in his own time. And to see if this man could truly fit in to this Weyr’s culture, or remain mostly an observer to it.

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: May 15 2018, 04:23 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Why yes I did, the pink answered Although I am not sure why Mine likes it so much.
The pink liked Vellinuth, he was making a lot of sense and he was funny. Yes, they were spoiled to be able to hand feed them. Perhaps sometimes when she was bigger, she would ask Kirryl to feed her by hand anyway.

Ajaleath followed Vellinuth under the table. There were some scraps under the table, some of which disappeared down the gullet of the excited black wher. He crawled on his belly towards the two dragonets and giggled. Ajaleath bumped her nose against his with a croon, causing a series of complete body wiggles.
This is Kisk, he is bonded to my Kirryl's mother. He helped with bringing my Kirryl to me.

Kisk was so excited! There was a black dragon here and that was the most exciting thing that had happened to him since about ten minutes ago. He continued to lie on his belly as he looked excitedly between the two infant dragons.
Kisk am say hello! Happy for meet teeny baby big-wings. Best thing! Best night for Kisk! Most excite. Have choose well, Kisk think. Both baby big-wings choose well.
He nodded to the two of them and waggled his own small wings. This was all very exciting and Kisk was so pleased he had now made friends with two of the dragonets!

Kirryl deflated a little and nodded her head.
"You are definitely hearing correctly. She was quite insistent, didn't understand why we get so many different options when all they get is different types of raw meat."
Kirryl wasn't worried about them interacting with Kisk. There wasn't a mean bone in his body even if someone was mean to him first.

@Eric

As G'len sat beside her, Rayna accepted one of the pastries and placed it on her plate, wiping her hands as she listened to Os'nin. She still wasn't sure how she felt. The interactions she'd had with him thus far weren't necessarily bad but they also weren't as natural as it was with some of the Dalibor riders. Then again, it was to be expected. The bluerider had come from another Weyr, under difficult circumstances. Even as he spoke of his dragon, though, she could not disagree. The blue had proven tradition incorrect. Hopefully Os'nin would continue the tradition Arlya had started.

"And so he should," Rayna agreed, "He has bucked tradition. As for Couineth she is definitely pleased if a little jealous."
The gold's jealousy had fortunately subsided but Rayna knew Couineth well enough to know the Gold was troubled. Couineth had never had particularly large clutches and it weighed somewhat on her mind. Rayna wasn't concerned but she hoped Couineth would not dwell on it too much.

However, the questioning of her Weyrlingmasters and Wherlingmasters did require a comment. She surveyed him a moment.
"I have no doubt in the ability of our 'Masters. I have noticed that most, if not all the dragons that graduate from our classes are instilled with respect."
It had, after all, been a recent transfer who had tried to force the end of the Flight. Rayna could not commit to a comment that a Dalibor born rider wouldn't have made that mistake but she was certain the failing was not in the teachers.

"However, I had been discussing the possibility of some of our dragons being role-models for the younger ones. Having casual conversations amongst wing-mates to gauge their understanding of respect. Nothing formal to start with."

@Aerona @Tigersilk

PM
^
Eric
 Posted: May 16 2018, 05:04 PM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

Vellinuth looked again at the wher as Ajaleath touched noses with him. He wiggled a bit as he got comfortable, avoiding human legs as he did so and snuffling at a piece of bread that fell down. He licked at it with his tongue and elected to leave it alone. It was nowhere near as tasty as the drumstick had been.

A pleasure to meet you, Kisk, the black dragonet greeted the black wher, folding his wings delicately. Thank you, I think we all did quite well myself! he added, long snout raising up in the air with just a hint of pride.

Back topside, Um'al chuckled. He sounded exhausted, but he was already warming up to Kirryl. "Vellinuth found himself a drumstick, so our dragons are oddballs together apparently."

The boy looked at his plate of sweet things and picked a candied fruit out of the assortment. He paused as Vellinuth mentioned something to him, candied fruit hovering before his mouth as his eyes glazed over with the distinctive look of an unpracticed Weyrling speaking to his dragonet. Then he popped the candy into his mouth and quickly swallowed.

"The wher under the table is your mother's?" he asked with surprise. "That's really cool! My parents are dragonriders. My younger brother thinks whers are amazing."

It was a shame, Azumal was also a Candidate at present... but soon new rules would bar the 11 turn old from continuing to stand to the egg until next turn.

@Boo
PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 18 2018, 06:51 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Kisk is planning a party for some of our friends. I am sure you would be welcome to come if you wished.
Kisk nodded his head enthusiastically. The party would be the most fun and it would be to celebrate all the new wherlings. It would be held in the Wherhandler barracks in the pool there.
The wherhandler barracks has a pool, I am told, and we will be allowed to swim there for the party. Only I am not sure if any of this type of food will be there.
Kisk am try get fancy food but not easy. Not easy. Kisk will have planners for help.

Ajaleath was looking forward to it ever since she'd heard that Kisk was planning such an event. Of course, Kisk had informed her of the party shortly after they had Impressed. Ajaleath would only fit in the wherhandler barracks for a short amount of time so it was important that they make use of her teeny size as soon as possible.

Kirryl grabbed a small piece of tuber, not really sure if it was the healthier option. Deciding that she didn't care, she grabbed a few more.
"My mother and father are both wherhandlers. I was born in Dalibor Weyr," Kirryl answered proudly, "If your brother ever wants to meet some of the whers I can recommend none better than Kisk, Dask and Disk. Although there are a lot of other really wonderful whers around."

She used to know more, and know them better. There was Naanesk in the creche, Osk, Isk. There were so many great whers all around. Even though she had only ever lived in Dalibor, she figured they must have the best wher program. There was no evidence to prove this but then again, there was nothing to prove otherwise.

@Eric

PM
^
Blot
 Posted: May 18 2018, 10:16 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

Ah, tonight was a big night. A very bnig night! And she had to look perfect. So perfect. But what to wear, what to wear? If the thought was a buzzing fly she would have swatted it. As it were, it danced along their bond adding anxiety to both Dragon and Rider. Both had strewn out their clothing, looking for the proper outfit, but it wasn’t coming to Osario or Aisroth. Both had different things in mind, and neither was convinced on the other’s idea. Osario wanted to wear something green, for Aisroth, to prove their bond was true, and she had a lovely wrap dress that would be perfect, accent it with a goldenrod sash and maybe a few bangles and it would be perfect! But Aisroth, no Aisroth had another idea.

The red! The red will look soooooo lovely on you! It really will, and then use the same sash, and the same bangles, and you’ll be a knockout! The green preened over her decision, splayed across Osario’s bed like a great resting feline, her tail tip twitching.
“But you’re not red Aisroth, you’re green! I should wear the green one, look, doesn’t it have a lovely dappling of color? It was hand dyed you know!
But the red! I like the red and you like the red! What does it matter that I am green? Aisroth was set in her ways. She wasn’t going to be convinced. Picking up the sleek dress, Osario held it up to her chest, her lips quirked in a slight frown. Aisroth was right, the red looked lovely with ehr dark skin, and the goldenrod sash would pop so beautifully with it.

Giving her dragon a final glance, Osario relented. Red it was.
You know I’m just the best when it comes to color Osario, and together, well, we’ll prove to the world that your ‘Fashion’ is important! Osario let out a little huff, a hidden laugh in the sound. It was pleasant to know she and her dragon had the same thing on their mind. She tightened the sash around her waist as soon as she was dressed. She looked elegant. With wide copper bracelets jingling on her wrists, and the red dress fit to her perfectly, she had to admit, Aisroth was right.

“Are we ready love?” The green trilled in response, hopping off the bed gracefully, or as gracefully as she could. She was still a little unused to her body. With several others, they made their way to the feast. Aisroth was a chatty little thing, making the occasional observation about their classmates and their attire. Of course, this wasn’t always good. The green had a snarky streak in her that made Osario smile.
Ugh not what I would have picked for them. The color seems… Washed out. It’s a feast! Couldn’t you do better?
Osario had to reign in her laughter as not to offend someone.
I agree fully, it’s really not the best choice.

Sitting at the table, Aisroth would curl around her feet, head resting atop Osario’s shoes as Jali spoke. She had no issue waiting. Art took time and thought, after all. And word-art was kind of art. Kind of.

- - -

Further along the table, Candi sat with Candisk in her lap. She had chosen something in rich green to wear, likely something others had seen before. She was not opposed to wearing the same clothes, after all. And really? Pink was not her color. Candisk didn’t seem to care though, the chubby little pink practically oozing int Candi’s lap as the Weyrwoman spoke. There were so many people around, and this pleased both the handler and the wher. Candi and Candisk were born social butterflies. But meals had to be attended to first.

Candisk, having already eaten, decided to hop off Candi’s lap. She would go explore on her own, surely Hers wouldn’t mind if she did that. The jolly little pink wasted no time in walking towards the other Wherlings, occasionally nosing a sibling or just sending them a friendly ‘Hello there!’. Candisk knew she had time with her siblings though, so today she would venture outside of her little group.

Instead she made her way towards the dragonets. There were people to see there.
Hello, yes, is Candisk. Hello, how are we all? Hmm?[/i] She did not care that many of them dwarfed her in size. Candisk was quick to get out from under claw. She just wanted to talk to them, to see which of them would talk with her

[All are open, others in attendance: Ra’h, Syrene, Abelmo, and Rayiet.]

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Eric
 Posted: May 18 2018, 10:47 PM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

The black dragonet perked up at the word "party."

A party, you say? Mine and I should certainly be interested!

Privately to Um'al, he muttered something about people watching to entice his lifebond. Vellinuth listened eagerly as Ajaleath described the wherhandler barracks.

A pool! Why don't the Weyrling barracks have something like that! Vell sounded somewhat insulted. He looked towards Kisk with jealousy. Still, it was a good natured jealousy. The black dragonet sniffed at the air and snapped a chunk of fallen meat off the floor, jealousy forgotten already.

Um'al wasn't sure how he felt about the party; he had a feeling he would stick out. But maybe if Ajaleath and Kirryl were there... maybe it would be alright.

"Huh! So was I. Both my parents are riders. I guess we didn't see eachother much because our parents hold different hours," he suggested. "Funny how we missed eachother all these turns," Um'al added.

"Azu'd love to meet some whers. He's really shy so he hasn't gotten the guts up to ask anybody to meet their whers yet. He's only eleven, after all. I wonder if he's here..." He glanced around the hall, but it was a fruitless search. If Azumal was around, he was hidden behind someone larger or was too far away to pick out from the crowd.

@Boo
PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:40 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Full body waggles ensued again as the black dragonet agreed that a party would be a great idea. He really liked this big wing!

I am not sure. We should really say something to Absinth's. Perhaps there is a way they could include it, Ajaleath agreed thoughtfully. She was not sure if the hatchling whers got the same opportunity as their wher counterparts. She snuffled at some crumbs that were dropped from the table and then licked them from the floor. It was certainly tastier if eaten from the table, but it was fun being under here.

Soon they would not be able to fit in the Dining Hall at all!

"Oh!" Kirryl was surprised but it made sense. Kire had always kept her children close. Kirryl hadn't really spent as much time in the creche as some of the other Weyrbrats, "I didn't spend as much time in the creche either."
Indeed, she had spent a lot of her time around the wherhandlers.

It made her frown for a moment, realising that the separation between the whers and dragons was quite large. In some ways, it was concerning. Would she grow apart from her family because she had Impressed a dragon? Only if she allowed it, Kirryl decided.

"Well I'm sure Kisk would be absolutely keen to meet him!" Kirryl responded.

Kisk giggled as one of the pink whers walked nearby and poked his head out to look at her. It was so exciting that his Mini-Kire had gotten a dragon AND that there were now some pink whers too! That was the best thing ever that happened at the hatching.
HELLO!

@Eric @Blot

PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr