April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Crack in the Boulder, AU: 17 {Blot/Cat}
Blot
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 08:36 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks
Member Inventory: View

When she had impressed, Syrene knew Syrsk would get big. But well, she didn’t expect how big. The wher was already growing leaps and bounds, which meant his hide was in need to extra oiling. And Syrene had to be extra careful, because his hide was prone to hiding spots where oil didn’t want to go. Each crag was carefully checked, each dip and bump was smoothed over with oil. Syrsk was content to lay there and let his handler take care of him. IT let him rest and relax, and that was what Syrsk liked to do when not watching over others. Oiling him took a while, and he was only going to grow from there.

Not to mention Syrene herself was preparing for a growth spurt. It seemed all the girl wanted to do was eat and sleep. But Syrsk wasn’t allowing her the time. She needed to get stronger. She needed to hone herself until she was just as dangerous as Syrsk was. And that wasn’t easy. Syrene was aware she was younger than everyone, so she had more to prove. But well… She didn’t like it. She subsisted mostly on spite. She wanted to prove she was just as good as everyone else. She wanted to prove to her brother that he was wrong about Whers.

Today was no different. She had started the ‘morning’ by stretching and exercising until she could feel a burn in her muscles. She did crunches and pullups until her stomach ached. And then she ran to help cool down. She and Syrsk had then practiced their swimming before breakfast, both of them doing a few laps from one side of the weyr lake to the other.

It was now that Syrene was returning to the Barracks to change. Water dripped off of her as she walked, though there was a towel wrapped around her to stave off most of the chill. Though it was obvious most of the towel had been used to dry Syrsk, the iron dripping far less than his handler. But then again, Syrene’s hair held water rather well.

“Sit there, gonna oil you up after I dry.” She ordered, though her tone was soft. She was proud of him. He exercised without complaint… After all Syrsk did most stuff without complaint. The iron sat outside the room as Syrene went in to change. And change she did, quicker than a greased Firelizard, she was back out in the hall, dressed in clothes she didn’t mind getting a little messy.

With a pot of oil in one hand she led him back to a more the wher lake. Here she sat on a bench and had him sit infront of her. It was a nice, peaceful area where Syrene could work without being disturbed, hopefully.
Part by wing itch he added, helpfully. She hummed and turned her attention to the area he spoke of.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Sep 13 2017, 08:50 AM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

Zelsk rarely remained idle. Even in repose she was not lazy, her mind working, thoughts shifting, only settling into silence when she fell asleep. It was her greatest asset and her greatest tell when it came to the mischief she made. No fit or act of fury was done without careful consideration and intention. Often, she would have multiple motives for taking action, leaving Zel to figure out the complex web of her wher's thinking. But her demanding, perfectionist behavior brought out…well, Zel. Bad or good. She was calm yet less meek. She made eye contact and didn't doubt her worth as often. Zelsk changed her. Shaped her into what she needed in a handler. Into what she knew Hers could become.

Who knew so much could change in half a turn?

'I see clutchbrother, Syrsk, and His.'

Zel let her internal dialogue fade to glance at the copper. As she grew larger, so did her awareness and the scope of her perfectionism. Speech included. She would slip into simpler speak at times, but over the season, Zelsk practiced and practiced proper grammar. It was…odd. But she understood human speak very well, why couldn't she learn its nuances? Her metaphores needed work. They usually didn't make much sense to anyone but Zel.

"You do?" she pulled her gaze to the space ahead of them. Zel could see someone, but her eyes weren't nearly as keen in the dark yet as Hers.

'Go greet, SmartMine.'

An order of a kind. She wantes to make allies and Zel needed to support her mission. The wherling smiled and skimmed a hand over the copper's over oiled hide. Vain creature. Always wanting more and more, be it an extra bath or an extra favor owed.

She walked ahead, letting Zelsk follow from behind.

They were further down the tunnels than normal, in the general wherhandler quarters as opposed to their own barrack area. But the copper liked to 'patrol' here to learn the area and possibly encounter full fledged handlers. As they neared their classmate, it became obvious that they were recently done with a bath. Syrene's hair dripped and Syrsk was getting an oil.

"Hello. It's been a while," Zel said as she approached. They hadn't really spoken much outside of class. Wherlinghood wasn't rife with socializing. But anyone with eyes could notice the changes among them as they grew up. Zel's whole wardrobe changed thanks to Zelsk destroying her clothes at three months old. But there were subtler changes, like confidence or an aura of calmness that came to others in the class.

@Blot

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 11:28 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

Syrene for the most part, did not have the best relationship with her fellow Wherlings. She tended to stay quiet, fuming at times because she felt like people were ready to mock her at any mistake. Which cause her to push herself too hard. She had this need to prove herself to everyone around her, all due to some imagined pressure put on her. So far, no one had actually said anything to her that could be seen as ‘pressure’. But still she labored under that false idea that they were judging her.

Neck part, mine. Her hands moved to the Iron’s broad neck smoothing oil over the area and checking it for flaking. There were a few pieces here and there that worried her, and got extra attention. At first, she didn’t even notice the appearance of Zel and Zelsk. Which was probably a problem. It was Syrsk who first mentioned anything.
BigheadRed, Zelsk and Hers coming. The iron was as gruff as usual, but wouldn’t let Syrene be surprised. Looking up, Syrene spotted movement further down the hall. Her hands slowed and she leaned slightly against Syrsk, absorbing some of his calm.

Syrsk himself sunk into a slight bow to the copper queen when they neared. Syrene patted his hide lightly.
“Hello, it has been some time, hasn’t it?” It was true, Syrene herself didn’t go out of her way to socialize. She liked being alone, or well, as alone as she could be with Syrsk by her side. Zel was nice enough, though. Syrene had noticed a change in the other, though. And it wasn’t just her attire.

“Out for a patrol?” She asked. Syrsk liked to be deeper in the Weyr, he liked sitting by the lake. It gave him a lot to watch, to mull over. His clutchsiblings weren’t the only people to look out for, after all. Syrene returned to oiling the iron’s hide, carefully watching as she worked.
“Zelsk is lookin’ lovely. Boy she’s getting big. I can’t wait to see how she looks full grown.” Being a Copper, there was no telling how big she would be. But if you went by dragon sizes… Well then she might be even bigger than the golds.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 11:23 AM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

"In a way," Zel said. They did tag along on patrols now and then when Zelsk wriggled her way into them. Ever since she was a tiny thing she assumed duties that were far more suited for older whers. At least she wasn't kickable sized anymore. While not full grown, she was large enough to do plenty of damage if something threatened her or Hers. Her determination to invite herself into priderunners' patrols was becoming more-and-more reasonable as she grew. "Zelsk likes to practice."

The copper tossed her head as if insulted. She settled primly on her haunches, faceted eyes settling on her clutchbrother. Syrsk was one of the harder of her siblings to impress. His favor not easily swayed. But she would get it. Some how. Some way. She offered the iron a polite bob of her head, soaking up Syrene's praise. While the iron was bulkier and might always outstrip her in terms of weight, she would always be larger in terms of height and length. A tiny specimen of a queen she was not. Lean and elegant with the delicate proportions more befitting a dragon than a wher? Yes. But not fragile. Even at half her adult size, Zelsk held herself with the refined poise of a feline on the hunt, her spiny wings a weapon that the unaware might not realize was at her disposal. Like much of her, they looked fragile, but they were thorny blades of bone. No one, not even her clutchmates, should think her weak. But a proper queen had far more than fear at her disposal to use. Why rule with brute force when one could garner adoration with sweet words and favors?

Zelsk was still figuring out how to get the control she wanted. But she was prepared to do whatever it took to get there. One day...yes, she would be there one day.

Many thanks, Zelsk crooned. You and Yours are well, yes?

Zel had long since gotten used to the copper's forwardness. She had utterly no qualms about speak up or speaking for her, which meant that humans and whers alike were subject to her interjections. In a way, it made it easier to handle situations. It gave Zel time to think and Zelsk time to chatter.

"So, uh, are you prepared for the big swim?" she fiddled with the end of her braid. A nervous habit she hadn't yet dropped. The class was getting for that part of their testing. Zel wasn't sure if she was anywhere near ready yet, but with the copper's persistence, she was growing stronger. Extra laps around the lake and sprints around the weyr during free time were helping her endurance.

@Blot (My brain is like, blah, so I hope this post makes sense,)

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 10:55 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

Syrene nodded. She could understand that. Syrsk had expressed interest in joining patrols. But for the time being he was waiting, letting Syrene get more used to her duties as a handler. He wasn’t one to push her too hard. He was just there to sit, wait, and watch her grow. They would have plenty of time for patrols later, when she was ready. Though that day was fast approaching.
“Syrsk and I should try one… Soonish.” She was still uneasy. Though she had at least a hundred pounds of pure muscle behind her.

Syrsk was hard to impress. Manipulations and deceptions didn’t work with him, he was too much of a black and white thinker. There was no room for grey in his world. And Zelsk? Well, she was on the good side. But Syrsk was not one to act impulsively. He wouldn’t devote himself to her easily. He would do like he always did, sit, watch, and judge from there. Syrene was more of the problem. If shown the proper attention, she would throw her lot in with someone she thought was worthy.

We good. Much swimming and exercise with Mine. Zelsk do much of same?”

His words weren’t as pretty as hers. He appreciated how nice her speech was, though. Even if it reminded him of the Bigheads like Callistath. Zelsk was, despite being copper, not a BigHead to him. At least not yet. For now he thought of her as a clutchsibling. One day that might change… Or it might not.

Syrene blanched a bit at the talk of the swim.
“Uh, no, not really. My family were farmers, an’ I just… I don’t know if I’m gonna be able to do it.”
We swim. Even Mine make it. Syrsk spoke up, somewhat out of character. He wasn’t one to interrupt, most of the time. Syrene just sighed.
“I’m practicing, at least. Syrsk and I were at the lake a little earlier. Gotta get those laps in.” She frowned. Syrene would probably never like swimming much, but she was going to put in extra hours if she had to.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad, right?” She had to hope it wasn’t that bad. She had to pray she was just hyping it up in her head.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 02:07 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

"Many of the handlers are agreeable," Zel said. Syrene shouldn't have too much trouble finding a priderunner willing to let them tag along. Not when Syrsk was so calm and well-behaved. Though some were certain to tell her off, that they weren't old enough to go on patrols and should stop pestering them. Most she spoke to were amenable. Seeing little harm in allowing the copper pair shadow them inside the relatively safe confines of the lower caverns. The most exciting thing she ever stumbled across was the senior weyrwoman out taking a walk in the dark.

Yes. SmartMine swim and run until I say time over. Mine know I am right. Zelsk was shameless in her efforts to polish Zel. She had so much work to do...When she was grown and they were part of the Prides, the time for mistakes would be over. They had much to learn in that time. And Hers would be the best in the class, she would allow for no less. She would walk like the best, talk like the best, dress like the best...because Zelsk deserved the best and knew Hers could provide it. Even if Hers wasn't always receptive to how she went about achieving this. We will be best swimmers come big swim!

Zel cast the copper a look of annoyance. Arrogant little queen. But it wasn't without merit. She didn't just assume she was the best just because. She assumed she was the best because she felt she worked the hardest. Idleness was not in her vocabulary. And Zel appreciated that. Faranth knew that if her bonded was a lazy, sleepy creature, she might have worried herself into a tizzy at every turn. "I know how you feel. Swimming wasn't exactly a major part of lessons growing up when you were raised to be mindful of housework and little else." Until she was forced by her father to accept the Search, she'd accepted her role in life. She was a drudge born and raised, ready to do laundry, sewing and any other menial task asked of her. Her future was supposed to be that of a polite servant who married another servant and had a handful of mousy children together.

She gave Syrene a small smile, "It won't be bad. We're being prepared by our classes as well as our partners. I don't think Zelsk or Syrsk will let us fail at this swim."

@Blot

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 08:38 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

Zelsk good, smartwher. Train yours well. Syrsk wasn’t one to get into a contest of oneupmanship. He could easily accept that Zelsk was more of a go getter. Syrsk was content to sit back and watch Syrene develope with the occasional push or nudge as needed. She was bold, she just needed tempering.
Zelsk get far, Syrsk think. Good head. Good partner. Compliments were not his forte, and it was obvious by how clumsy his wording was. But Zelsk deserved it. She was, by far, the most clever of the clutch.

Syrene, on the other hand, was one spurned by competition. Instantly she wanted to go swim again, but she knew that was foolish. They had other duties to attend to. But she would be putting her nose to the grindstone next time they had free time.
“We’ll be close on your tail, I’m sure! Right Syrsk?”
Bighead Red and Syrsk finish when finish. No need be first. Syrene frowned a bit. Couldn’t he just back her up? His words were wise, especially with how Syrene was not the best swimmer of the bunch. But still…

Syrsk rocked forward, taking a step and looking over Zel. He looked her over, observing her and the ways she had changed. The iron’s stare was measured and after a few moments he snorted.
Zelsk’s different. Good different. Make good choices. He nodded to Zelsk, before going to sit back down. His hide glimmered slightly with oil still wet in places.

“Yea, I have to agree. You’re different, I mean. I didn’t talk to ya before much. But you seem… Comfortable.” Syrene was not a master wordsmith and her words managed to fall flat.
“Yer like, more at ease?” She questioned her choice of words. Maybe that sounded better.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 10:10 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

Zelsk preened. There was no other word for it. The tilt to her head, the puff of her chest, the elegant flare of her wings. Utterly no sign of modesty to be found. Zel marveled at how easily the copper accepted the iron's praise, looking to the world as if she knew she deserved every favorable word. If Zel were to do that, people would call her a narcissist or arrogant at the very least. The moment she Impressed, she went from being an unremarkable nobody to an object of attention that gained a startling reputation for ego in an instant. So if she acted as they assumed, they would probably turn scathing with their words. Not something she felt comfortable with facing.

'One day that will change, SmartMine. They will worship us!' Zelsk interjected. She seemed delighted by the prospect of hers acting as she herself did. 'No stop jealous, hu-mans. Why try? Much more will adore us.'

'It is official, you're delusional.'

The copper whisked her tail around her paws, 'Mine will see. Zelsk knows.'

Aside from the fact that her copper had the mindset more fitting a dragon of her color than a wher, Zelsk was...good for her. Enough so that Syrsk and Syrene commented on it. Zel colored and fiddled with the end of her braid.

Many thanks, Syrsk. You good for Yours. Zelsk...I...see different in Yours too. Keep her calm and make her think. Future good for both Syrsk and Zelsk, yes? the copper said, giving the iron a low nod. She was keen on compliments. She did not expect others to adore her in return for bitter words. She their praise, she shared her own. And Syrsk had much about him to admire. Her clutchsibling chose a stubborn, hothead as His, and was doing a wonderful job helping her keep her calm. He might make a lady out of her yet!

Zel was less certain with her words, "Y-yeah. I mean, thank you. It's...I'm not...It's the clothes." She tugged at the edge of her vivid tunic. "Well. Not exactly." She drew in a steady breath and chuckled at her own nervousness, "Zelsk helped me see myself in a different way...and my wardrobe suffered first so she could make a point. Kind of hard to stay the same when you have someone always in your head who is so full of confidence and...is so forceful." A smile cracked on her lips. "I've had to grow so that I could be the partner she needed." And if she hadn't, the copper would walk all over her until Zel lost her temper and at least tried to gain control of the situation. She needed a firm, steady guide in her Handler. Just as Zel needed someone to banish the doubt that plagued her since her youth.

@Blot

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 07:54 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

If Syrene had a reputation, she didn’t care. She was too angry at the world for that, though Syrsk had been rounding off those edges. Where she was bitter and mean spirited she was just grouchy now. At least, most of the time. The girl still was prickly as a wild wher and could turn just as fast. But she had been, grudgingly, learning to get along with others. At least as much as she could.

Future good. Syrsk and Zelsk make good choice. The Iron seemed to sit up a little straighter. He knew that Syrene thought he picked wrong at times, but that was just her natural pessimism. His BigheadRed was just young. She needed time to vent her rages. She lightly patted his hide and he rumbled softly.

Syrene merely nodded.
“They’re good at that, I’ve noticed. Making us who they want us to be, that is.” She still didn’t know what Syrsk wanted from her. Unlike Zelsk, it wasn’t appearances and confidence he saw in her. It wasn’t a role born of leadership. He was keeping mum on what ever it was he was trying to pull from her.
“It’s good though, I’m not uh, not gonna lie you seemed a bit meek before. But you’ve grown. Zelsk should be proud, and you should too.” She still wasn’t good at conversing. Even with her classmate her conversation was a bit stilted and awkward.

Learning still. Syrsk reminded her. It was ok if she was a little awkward. Syrene tried to think of how she was before, when that awkwardness would become aggression. And she felt it now, bubbling beneath her skin, the need to snap because she was just done with socializing. But she didn’t. Instead she placed a hand on Syrsk’s side and sighed softly.

“I’m looking forward to doing patrols, I had a lot of freedom as a child, but this feels… different. With Syrsk I feel I can go anywhere.” The iron certainly was a free pass to go where she wanted. Even wild whers would likely avoid them unless they pressed into their territory. And there was the idea of using her aggression to protect others. Wild Whers and Traditionalists beware.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 11:18 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

Zel glanced away. Meek. That was an apt way to describe her. Though it was not fear, but doubt that made her drop her gaze and never make eye contact. She deferred to any form of authority because challenging it was pointless. She was a worker born and raised to be nothing else. She didn't dare to try rising above her station. It wasn't something she was supposed to do. The honor of Standing was never a dream, but a childish fantasy dismissed in an instant. Being the responsible, hard-working daughter was all she could be, and even then, she knew it would be never enough. Her father would always ignore her existence because of her gender. Females were useless in his eyes. Weak and burdensome until you could foist them onto a different family by marrying them off. It wasn't as if they had the station to make a marriage a mutually beneficial affair. All she was worth was her work, and she wasn't supposed to be seen nor heard. A quiet little mouse keeping house. Always bowing and bending to the whims of her betters, yet never breaking. Little did her father realize that his neglect gave her a steely resilience and the ability to endure. If required, she could stand up for herself even then, unwilling to let herself be bullied or her beliefs trampled upon. But rare was it that she felt the need to bristle and buck.

She had been content.

It was the greatest irony that her father practically disowning her was what dragged her to where she stood today. Because of him, she was forced to go with the searchrider if only to have a roof over her head. Now...she was a wherling. And being bonded to a queen meant that her partner would have the weighty responsibility of bringing new blood into the weyr. Queen clutches were always larger and healthier than others, which gave the greatest chance of new bonds and more future handlers to protect the weyr from threats.

To have a purpose...a sense of duty beyond the scope of a few individuals...it both thrilled and terrified.

Zel tugged her gaze back to Syrene, "You're right. But I had to be...Now, I cannot." With a wher that would tower over her some day and be perfectly at ease making sure she was the center of attention...remaining stagnant was not an option. "Zelsk...well, I have a feeling that the day we can patrol by ourselves, is the day I stop getting any sleep."

The copper huffed but refrained from commenting.

Why deny the truth?

@Blot

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 11:48 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

She didn’t feel bad for calling her meek. Because In Syrenes eyes, that was what she had been. Though they hadn’t met prior to impressing, the lingering doubts and remaining meekness had been there. This new Zel was stronger. Bolder.A proper queen handler in Syrene’s eyes. It was good. Zelsk had caused her to grow. She wondered how much Syrsk had caused her to grow. The iron wasn’t as upfront as the copper was. He didn’t shred her clothes, to tell her ways to be better. He was just… There. Silent. Watching, waiting, offering up the occasional opinion. He wasn’t an active force, but a passive one. As if in response, Syrsk rumbled, the feeling trabvling through his side and up Syrene’s arms.

“I’m looking forward to patrolling with Syrsk. Though I don’t know how much he’ll like it. He likes to sit back and watch.” She flashed a sliver of a smile at the iron who said nothing in turn. Syrsk was fine doing either, really. Patrolling. Watching. He would make a good egg guard for Zelsk when her brood hardened on the sands. If she let him of course. Syrene was unsure how much she would be allowed to do. She was aware her age put her at a disadvantage at times.

Hands lightly patted Syrks side as she stood up. His hide now glistened in the glowlight, the green, mossy patches seeming to glow faintly.
Did I miss anywhere? She asked, her brows knit in slight concern. Syrsk stretched much like an oversized feline, rustling his wingtines some against his sides.
No. No miss. She patted his side affectionately again.

“Well. It’s good you’ve grown, you’re someone worth following, and Syrsk and I will be at your back. If you ever need us. We may not be the most intimidating pair, but well. You’ve been kind. And that deserves some in return.” Would Syrene call Zel a freind? No, not exactly. She couldn’t open up to the other wherling. At least not yet. But she had certainly earned a measure of the girl’s loyalty. She would have the iron pair in her corner.

“Maybe next time we can patrol together?” She offered. Of course, they would have to find someone willing to watch both wherling pair. But that might not be so hard. Zyrsk kept Syrene in check enough that she wasn’t about to mouth off to someone. At least, not without earning it already.

@Catsitta

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 10:36 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1055 Posts
10 Marks

Surprise lit Zel's face. Zelsk preened.

"Thank you," she said. "I didn't expect..." Zel paused and then gave Syrene a nod, a grave seriousness overwriting the surprise. "I hope to prove worthy of your trust." Zelsk radiated approval. It was progress. They, all of them, were making progress towards who they needed to be. She stroked the copper's headknobs, knowing soon they would be out of reach. Strange to think that by the time they graduated, half the class would be outstripped in height by their partners. Maybe strange wasn't the right word come to think of it. Zelsk and Syrsk would be a rather intimidating sight patrolling together in the lower caverns, even if theirs weren't the biggest individuals, simply due to them being a queen and king respectively.

"I'd like that. I'm sure Zelsk can convince a handler to let us shadow them together," she slid her hand to the copper's shoulder. Zelsk would always be the talker in the pair. Zel was a woman of quietness and actions, preferring to help others instead of trying to sway them with words. If not for the copper, she likely wouldn't be as 'chatty' as she was now. Only her persistence brought them this far. But Zelsk was happy to talk. She liked talking. Though when she was fully grown, Zel suspected that keeping the copper in line might be...harder. She would be trying to establish her place in the hierarchy through any means possible: adoration, respect or fear.

Zelsk slithered away from Hers to pad a brisk circle around the ironpair, Syrene and Syrsk will make good patrol partner. Syrsk is strong, His is brave. Good allies to have. She returned to Zel. We should continue on, yes?

"Right...um...Have a good night you two."

Zel waved and allowed Zelsk to lead the way. The copper was ready to move along. Always busy. Always in motion.

@Blot (I dunno why, but this felt like a good close.)

PMEmail
^
Blot
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 09:27 PM
Wingrider

N/A

298 Posts
483 Marks

Syrene nodded a bit. It was no problem. She didn’t give her loyalty to just anyone, but Zel had earned it through kindness. Syrene couldn’t say too much of others, since she didn’t socialize much. She tended to be quiet and brooding during lessons, or pushing herself harder to prove she was just as worthy as the proper candidates were.
“Zelsk seems good at talking.”

The Queen was someone to watch. Syrene had a feeling that she would get her respect, no matter what it took. Syrene could respect that. She could respect the fact that Zelsk tried kindness first, though. She wouldn’t respond well to intimidation, and she wondered if Zelsk knew that. Syrsk rumbled lightly in agreement. The Queen likely knew. She was a smart one. Syrsk sat on his haunches as she walked forward, his eyes whirling a bit.
Syrsk thank. Zelsk know Syrsk and Syrsk’s well.

He wouldn’t argue over her assessment. Iron hauled himself back up, knuckles curling into the dirt. He would bob his large head in a slight bow to the Queen and her handler.
We need go too. Syrene knew it. Her clothes were damp and splattered with oil. She needed a good change, and then maybe a walk around the bowl to think. She nodded to Zelsk.
“Have a good night, you two.” Syrsk set their pace as they headed to the barracks, always pushing his handler to walk a little faster, move with more purpose.

@Catsitta {A perfect ending!}

-user posted image-
PMWebsite
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil