April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Red Ingoth

Upcoming Hatchings:

Winter is in full swing as the Northwest reaches the middle stages of the cold month, and Dalibor, taking full advantage of a crackdust filled break in Threadfall, is back at it again. Delving into the Southern ice and snow, they have paired with Grove Weyr to fully explore the lands they only slightly uncovered the previous turn during the Jungle Expedition. This, however, will not be a warm and relaxing waltz through the woods; although was it ever that to begin with?
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

In Hot Water, SU:17 [Dabyrie/Yamaruni]
Ives
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 11:03 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1431 Posts
1065 Marks
Member Inventory: View

A halo of chestnut hued locks floated atop the steamy water while the hair’s owner lingered just beneath the surface. She did not resurface for as long as she could hold her breath and when she did water droplets sprayed as she exhaled. Once she caught her breath she sighed out with her head leaning back against stone. Eyes remained hidden from sight as she relaxed, letting the warm waters ease her tense muscles. It a candlemark or two before most handlers would be up and about - which was good since she was in the bathing room designated for the male handlers. She didn’t see why it mattered all that much, it wasn’t like most of them hadn’t already seen the others nude during Runs. Of course she hadn’t as Dabysk had yet to give chase to any of the females in the Weyr. It struck her as odd but not so much that she had brought it up with the blue; perhaps he just didn’t fancy any of the females, who was she to chastise him for that when she herself had not so much as looked at any of the men in the Weyr since coming here. Turns had passed without her seeking so much as a warm body for her bed. At times she missed the closeness she had shared with her daughter’s father but she was looking for so much more than just a bed partner for a night or two.

Another sigh escaped her lips and she was content to soak for another half candlemark before she reached out for her towel… only to come up empty. Groping around her brows furrowed in confusion which led to her opening her eyes and turning her head. More confusion seized the handler and she bolted into an upright position as she looked around, hair clinging to her shoulders and neck. She had definitely not walked all the way from the green court where her quarters were to the bathing room in the nude. A towel, a robe, and a long shirt with underclothes had been brought with her - the latter outfit was what she had worn along with sandals. Those had been left a few feet away from the water but the rest was missing. Dabysk was still in their room asleep, she could feel him in her mind so she knew he wasn’t the culprit. Randis was no where to be found, though she doubted the black firelizard was the one to take off with her clothes. Perhaps Salandria was to blame? The pillie was sometimes a troublemaker, but she hadn’t heard the clicking of her feet on the stone or the long swwwwiiiiiiiiissssshhhh she was known for. A tunnelsnake perhaps? A feline? She knew at least one of the handlers had one but would it really have taken off with all of her clothing?

A noise towards the entryway drew her eyes in that direction as she crossed her arms over her bosom, embarrassment coloring her cheeks a light pink. ”Did you see my clothes walking about out there on their own? They just picked up and left while I was soaking.”

Well this was one way to meet new people.

PM
^
Aika
 Posted: Jul 10 2017, 09:15 PM
Wingrider

N/A

69 Posts
1671 Marks

Bare feet padded into the bathing room, quiet to accommodate for the lighter sleepers – in the case of this individual, his wher, who was always fast to awaken at even the thought of being abandoned. As it were, Yamaruni had awoken early, earlier than normal, and felt the desire to relax for a bit before facing the night. Having donned a robe of his own, he was fully prepared to be spending a candlemark alone, so brought no extra clothes. It was a habit that had yet to be broken from his days at Benden; he’d tended to awaken significantly earlier than his compatriots. Not that that was a problem when they were there too, of course. It was just… a little unnecessary, to deal with people the one time he wanted to be alone.

So color him surprised when he found towel, robe, and what appeared to be women’s clothes in the men’s washroom. A blonde brow quirked upwards as he plucked the articles off the floor, inspecting them for quality. They seemed in decent enough condition, but why were they here? Blithely unaware of the individual who owned such attires currently in the pool, he turned to fold the various articles of clothing and place them somewhere less on the floor, so as to keep them from picking up anything unpleasant. He had had his back to the woman when she emerged from the water, and only turned, robes halfway down his shoulders, when her voice made him yelp in startle. His eyes swept behind him, wide and alert, before they fell on the woman in front of him. Confusion painted his face for a moment, but before long a lazy smile stretched across his face. ”Oh, you mean these?” he asked slowly, pulling the long shirt to himself, covering his slightly exposed chest as if pretending to try it on. ”They did indeed walk on their own – straight to my heart! The color is so lovely, and I was just sure that it would befit someone of my stature.” At the end of his thought, Yama struck a pose, doing his best to accentuate the form of the shirt.

Hazel eyes scanned a quick once-over of the woman, and laughed at her rather bewildered state. ”Although,” he continued, straightening up and fetching her towel, ”I am rather perplexed why such a, ahm…. Well, decidedly not-man such as yourself –“ and he took a long step forward, placing a hand over his mouth as if he were to tell a secret- ” – do correct me if I’m wrong –“ -before offering her recently-pilfered towel, ”is washing up in the decidedly man washroom?”

@Ivy
PMEmail
^
Ives
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 04:38 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1431 Posts
1065 Marks

Arms pressed tighter to her bosom as she was addressed by the other handler. While she expected it to be a man entering - given as she was in the men’s bathing room - she did not expect to turn and see him modelling her clothes. Some of the tension at being caught off guard dissipated as she regarded him. A soft chuckle escaped her lips and she found herself grateful he seemed the playful sort, ”That shade compliments your eyes for sure.” Then she looked at him thoughtfully while adding, ”I’m afraid it may fall a bit short on your torso.”

Though she wasn’t able to properly judge his height from the pool she was settled in she knew that many of the Weyr’s inhabitants, especially the men, seemed to be quite a bit taller than her. There was just no way it would fit him properly, even if it was a good color for him. ”Though if you don’t mind that you’re welcome to borrow it sometime, when I’m not needing to wear it.” Adjusting her arms to provide some amount of modesty she stretched her now free left arm out towards him with a brow arched. Instead of her shirt he offered a towel which she took, cheeks colored a light shade of pink as he inquired as to why she was there. Chuckling some more she turned her back to him while pulling herself from the pool to sit on the edge, securing the towel around her as she sat on the slippery stone with her feet in the heated waters. The maneuver was far from perfect, no doubt he would be privy to a brief flash of her skin before she was proper - but she didn’t seem particularly bothered by it. ”Last I checked I wasn’t a man,” she paused briefly to glance down at her towel clad form before smiling back up at him. ”The women tend to chatter a lot when they bathe and I prefer the opposite. Usually no one is up at this hour to notice which bath I’m using.”

While she spoke plainly to the other handler there was still a hint of amusement in her tone and the smile tugging her lips into a pleasant curve; obviously she didn’t mind his company even if it came as a surprise. ”Do you often look for new clothing in what is left behind in the bathing rooms? Or was my top just that fetching?” The smile turned into a smirk as she watching him curiously.

@Aika

PM
^
Aika
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 04:03 PM
Wingrider

N/A

69 Posts
1671 Marks

Yamaruni’s face lit up as the woman played along. Yes! This color did complement his eyes! His smile broadened to one of delight rather than just jest. Her caveat about the length left him unfazed. ”If it’s too short, then it is just long enough to build the intrigue, my dear~” he responded. ”And I am quite honored you would trust me with such a garment. I am blessed and humbled by your generosity, miss……?” As his words trailed off, his hand that was recently relinquished of the towel spun idly in the air, as if to complete the question he didn’t ask.

The man did his best to avert his gaze as the mystery woman pulled the towel about herself. Of course, some lewdness was inevitable; it was not an easy feat to wrap a towel around oneself. But it was an even more difficult task to get into the pools and not flash the poor girl. So he did the next best thing and settled down a respectable distance next to her, robe hoisted up to his knees so as to not get wet. He must have looked quite ridiculous, with his only attire bundled up and yet still falling off him, the sleeves gathering in bunches at his elbows. ”Ah, the plague of banter, surely the most infectious of ailments,” he lamented, turning his attention pointedly to the shirt he managed to forget was in his hand. He busied himself with dutifully folding it between them at a dry patch of stone before continuing, ”And no, I don’t normally steal from the folks that manage to lose clothes on their way back from the baths.” He looked up from his work with a waggle of an eyebrow. ”I usually do what I was going to do with your lovely shirt, which is try to find the owner and return it… for a price. For you see, such chivalry does not go unpaid, be it in some conversation or a shared meal. But you see, you happened to still be here, and I evidently had an image of a caper to uphold!”

He laughed, very clearly not taking himself seriously. And how could he? He was finding conversation in a woman who was doing the exact thing he was planning to do, take some time for himself in the baths! The least he could do was make it enjoyable for the both of them.

@Ivy
PMEmail
^
Ives
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 10:37 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1431 Posts
1065 Marks

With her right palm laying flat upon the ground behind her she leaned back at an angle to better look up at him. He was an amusing sort wasn't he? At least it would prove for an interesting evening. His good mood was infectious and her face lit with a warm smile as she offered her name in response to the unspoken inquiry, ”Dabyrie, and you are?” It was only a fair turn of events to have the man give his name after she had given hers. At the least she wagered he didn't have any children, or if he did he didn't tend to them frequently else she would have seen him in the creche. Her time spent there was cut short due to her priderunner duties but turns prior had been spent practically living there; she didn't recall him being among the familiar faces. Clutching the towel together at her bosom to ensure it would not fall apart she lifted a brow, ”Don’t forgo your bath on my account, the water is nice and warm. Very relaxing.”

She watched with amusement as he gathered his robes and sat to her side, enough space between them another person might fit though it was soon filled by her neatly folded shirt. Kicking her legs leisurely in the water she shook her head, ”I can look away or leave you to your bath if you’d rather. Though then I would owe you some form of payment for returning my shirt.” Not that he’d really returned it but she would readily agree to either of the aforementioned payments, making friends was always welcome.

@Aika

PM
^
Aika
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 03:15 PM
Wingrider

N/A

69 Posts
1671 Marks

”Ah, of course, who am I?” he chuckled, shoulders shaking with mirth. ”How rude of me. I ask your name, and don’t even give you the common courtesy of a name of my own! I’m Yamaruni.” A hint of recognition flashed across his face suddenly, as his brain, much more tired than he let on, finally caught up with the face and the name. He blinked a bit, eyebrows furrowing, only for his eyes to light up, and he laughed again. It took him a few seconds to regain his composure, flicking a laughter tear away and placing a hand against the side of his head. ”So sorry about the outburst, dearie,” he said, laughter still coloring his voice. ”But I do think we might actually be in the same pride! Charlie?” How he hadn’t recognized sooner was beyond him. Maybe she was newer? Or perhaps he was? It hadn’t been long, but he felt like he’d been at Dalibor for Turns now, despite the opposite being the case. Maybe they just hadn’t had the same patrol schedule yet.

But that was neither here nor there. What mattered was that they were there now!

At the mention of a bath, he uttered a sort of “ah” noise as he looked pointedly in the water, caught off guard by the reminder of why he was here in the first place. ”It would appear so, hm? My feet and ankles are quite relaxed, now that you mention it.” With that, he stood in the water, still holding the hem of his robe to keep it from getting damp. ”And as comfortable as I am with myself, I am still a gentleman,” and here he turned his back to her, hiking the sleeves back onto his shoulders to remove his arms from the holes, ”and gentlemen don’t expose themselves to gentlewomen before they’ve even had dinner!” As the garment began to fall away from him, he did his best to throw it onto the rocks as he slipped in as discretely as possible. Whether Dabyrie caught a flash of skin or not, he did not know. All he knew was that he was in the water, and she was not, and the water was as relaxing as she had said. He grinned up at her, being sure to cover himself even in the water with a hand so as to not flash the poor woman. ”Personally, I would very much enjoy the company. It’s not often I get to have such fun in the baths. Tell me about yourself. What brings you to the wherhandler quarters? Aside from having a wher, of course.” He observed her again, in curiosity rather than in judgement. ”People usually don’t associate whers with charming women. At least, not last I checked.”

@Ivy
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil