April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Jenn's collection of all important thingamajigs
Jenn
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 05:04 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Right so... Plotters are not my strong suit so here's the 4-1-1 of what I have so far.

Candidates:

Miridan
Dragon Candidate.
Strong. Quiet. Stoic. Leader
Bio link
Potentially promised

Miridan comes from Western Hold as an apprentice beastcrafter with a yen to be a dragonrider. He has a bit of a hero worship thing going on for them and just knows he'll be joining their ranks... Eventually. He's studious and always has whatever lesson or chore he's doing done in a quick and efficient manner. He has a bit of a dominate personality and really hates it when people don't do what he says, though he'd never admit it nor would he show any outward signs of it. He doesn't get explosively angry (something that makes him do such a thing would be super amusing) and he isn't a brawler.

Friends: Yes
Enemies: An even bigger yes
Lovers: We'll see.

Unai
Dragon Candidate
Sneaky, determined, tenacious, grounded
Bio Link

Unai is a dragon candidate weyrbrat. She's twin sister to Captain's Uonai and has a quiet conning. She's not a shirking violet, is something of a tomboy (though she is all girl and knows it) and will let people take the fall so she doesn't get in trouble. She gets angry but you'll never see her explode without warning, her anger is subtle and sneaky. Pick on her sister? You'll find your bed short sheeted. Pick on her? You might find trundlebugs in your sock drawer.

Enemies: An even bigger yes

Riders:

K'ton
Rider of Blue Ironth
Easy going. Honest. Charming. Curious
Bio link
Potentially promised

K'ton is kind of an idiot. Oh he means well, but he doesn't particularly know when the best time to keep his mouth shut is. He's honest almost to a fault and hates telling a lie, even one of omission. He fancy's himself as something of a ladies man and can be quite charming when he puts his mind to it. He's pretty easy going so not much really ruffles his feathers unless those feathers happen to involve his dragon then all bets are off.

Enemies: Sure why not

Aline
Burgundyrider
Apathetic. Curious. Reflective.
Bio link
Potentially involved

Aline and Jiorrelth have only been bonded for a little under a turn. She's not so much the fun loving party goer, and would rather just cruise around alone. Jiorrelth on the other hand is a complete flirt. He'll flirt and talk to anyone who'll listen. She's willing to make friends if you work at and Jior will make friends with anyone

Enemies: Sure why not

Handlers

Edelan
Handler of Cyan Edesk
Pensive. Humble. Decisive.
Bio Link

Info here soon

Anyway, there you have it. I'll update this periodically with new people if I remember (I always forget these things). I'm slow at replies so if you're not okay with that it probably wouldn't be the greatest of togetherness. I also do not enjoy group threads that are not event threads so please don't offer them, you'll just get turned down. I very rarely give out my discord so please don't ask. Do tag me so I have the alert http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Laughing.png

For my brain to remember:
Beginning - 2 creation, 2 adopt (K’ton, Miridan creates, Edelan adopt) total: 0 create, 1 adopt)
30 posts - 2 creation, 2 adopt (Unai, Teral create, Aline adopt) total left: 0 creat, 2 adopt
2/2 Extra Character slots (used one for Lorenrad) total left: 1/2
Totals: 0 creation, 2 adopts

PM
^
Zane
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 09:54 PM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

716 Posts
45 Marks

@Jenn

Welcome! 8D Excited to see your first character on the go, and I look forward to seeing the others as well.

In any case, PLOTTINGS.

Miridan seems like a fun guy. (Extra props because Once Upon A Time is a good show). I've got several candidates, so feel free to peruse. The first that come to mind are Everane and Embry. Everane could always use some more friends, and by more friends I mean cute boys to admire. She's kinda a bit of your average girl in the sense that she gets carried away with pretty faces and charming personalities. xD

As for Embry, well, he's a butt. Just... a butt. Has an attitude, and hates to be wrong. Doesn't warm up very easily, and tends to inadvertently get himself into both minor and major conflicts! If you want a thread for Miridan to be like "that guys an ass," then Embry is probably your go-to.

If you're wanting friends, then Everane is totally your gal. She's only fourteen, whereas Embry is twenty; and hey, Embry could surprise us both. He could, potentially, make a friend. If Miridan has nerves of steel and all that. lolol

Totally up to you! My others are free for you to peruse as well. I have a plotter up! Attack it if you wish. ~

Again, welcome to Dalibor. <3
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 12:03 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

@Zane

Embry and Miridan would amuse the crap out of me so hard. Miridan definitely has nerves of steel and it would be interesting to see how they interact. I'll definitely take a look at your shipper and see if anyone else catches my eye.

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 12:37 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

388 Posts
70 Marks

@Jenn! My love! GIVE ME YOUR MIRIDAN! Throw him at Inali! Watch her try to make him do what she wants!

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 01:01 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

@Captain

Yeeeeees lets do this! It’s going to be great

PM
^
Zane
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 02:49 PM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

716 Posts
45 Marks

@Jenn

I can start the Embry x Miridan adventure off for us if you'd like? xD
I was thinking they can be doing some sort of heinous chore, because there's nothing Embry loves more than the mundane aspects of the life he feels stuck in. lolol
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 03:48 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

Yes please!

@Zane

PM
^
Kittenmitten
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

@Jenn Jenn Jenn Jenn Jenn!

K'ton isn't on your jobby but I have IDEAS for him anyway! So Lavana's a new candidate but also a new Harper at the weyr and teaches children's classes (reading/writing/history/etc). K'ton's blue likes kids, so I had the idea that K'ton might try and get her to bring a class to see Ironth and maybe flirt with the new Harper, either not realizing or not caring that she's a candidate (he's totally worth breaking the rules for, right?!). idk thoughts? XD
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 05:29 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1064 Posts
455 Marks

@Jenn

So possible plottings~

I have doots in Xialas and Zaephor. Xialas is a perfectionist and a control freak and incredibly arrogant for a kid his age. But, he has a good heart and a genuine interest in becoming a dragonhealer. Chores threads are always interesting with him. Butting heads anyone? As for Zeph, well, not sure if he and Miridian would mesh at all, but that's interesting in its own right. He's selfish, melodramatic, and has a bit of an internal clock going on as his age out date draws closer. It doesn't help that his younger sister impressed a wher at the very first hatching she attended at Dalibor. He also flirts with anything that moves, but only sometimes on purpose!

Not sure who'd I throw at K'ton since I've only two full riders, and one is occupied with class things. But I'm game for a dining hall meeting because everyone has to eat. Both Nia and L'aars need more friends. Though if you want chatter and flirting, Nia may be your better bet. L'aars isn't the best conversationalist. Though it would amuse me to have a 'search' thread with a blue and Zen, since my pretty boy Harper is doing his darndest to pretend that being a journeyman Harper would somehow make him less noticeable to search dragons. He'll never be a candidate, but it could be amusing to see someone at Dalibor try to convince him to Stand.

Zel and Cesselia would be the most likely of my crew to encounter your handler. Zel because she is a wherling and her bonded likes to try to make 'allies' out of everyone she perceives as possibly useful. And Cesselia because she is a 'brat that has a bad habit of not staying put in the creche at night. Cess is fascinated by Whers and has recently obtained a icehowler puppy. I'm always game to thread with her with as many different people as possible so that she can progress emotionally and regain the confidence she needs to hold normal conversations. Also, puppies. Who doesn't like puppies?

PMEmail
^
Jenn
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 02:28 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

@Catsitta

Miridan and Xialas would be hilarious I think xD. Either Zel or Cesselia would work great with Edelan, though I think it would be more amusing to have Edelan and Cesselia tossed together because Ed has some kids in the creche and Cess is close to their ages. Zel and Zelsk would be fun I think with Edelan and Edesk. Edesk doesn't particularly care for other whers so that could be interesting. And trust me, K'ton would try his damndest to get Zen to stand if only to make Ironth happy.

This was a far tougher decision than I anticipated XD

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 02:34 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1064 Posts
455 Marks

@Jenn I game to do any thread you're up to doing. Is there 1 you'd like to start with and we can go from there? Zen is mine that needs the most threads, but I will never tire of Xialas' attitude or Zelsk's manipulations.

PMEmail
^
Jenn
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:39 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

@Catsitta

We can definitely do a thread with K'ton and Zen then! I can get something started if you tell me where he'd most likely be. We can do something with Xialas and Miridan later if you're up to it.

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:41 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1064 Posts
455 Marks

@Jenn: you can find him anywhere really. The lower caverns, lake, bowl, dining hall

PMEmail
^
Jenn
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:45 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

You're so fast XD! I'll get something started in the bowl then!

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Jan 24 2018, 02:21 PM
Priderunner

N/A

142 Posts
175 Marks

@Jenn

Miridan and Xavinyra need to meet. I don't know if they'd necessarily butt heads but Xavinyra would do everything to compete with him. She probably has for the past turn since he arrived! They're both Beastcrafters, too, so they have that in common as well. I'd love to thread them together.

Miridan and Caelen seem to be two of a kind, and I wonder how they'd get along?

Edelan is welcome to join Tariv's budding poker game. If nothing else, Tarisk would love to meet them. She and Edesk will be best friends forever. Because Tarisk is best friends forever with everyone.

Sorry I can't think of anything for K'ton. He could always run into one of my characters at dinner or something. I dunno!

Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 06:11 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

added Unai

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil