April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Red Ingoth

Upcoming Hatchings:

Winter is in full swing as the Northwest reaches the middle stages of the cold month, and Dalibor, taking full advantage of a crackdust filled break in Threadfall, is back at it again. Delving into the Southern ice and snow, they have paired with Grove Weyr to fully explore the lands they only slightly uncovered the previous turn during the Jungle Expedition. This, however, will not be a warm and relaxing waltz through the woods; although was it ever that to begin with?
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

A Conflict of Personalities, SU:18 { Ruoban/Zaela}
Captain
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 01:21 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Look! A wher! As though they weren't a common sight. I wonder if they've seen anything pretty!
Probably not. Maybe leave them alone and we can go- Zaela was cut short by Netkisuth's abrupt drop from the sky to land feet from the wher and handler, inspecting them from a distance as though it hadn't been her decision to come talk to them.

Zaela bit back a sigh, sliding from the pink's back and shooting her a glare. "Sorry. She wants to know if you've seen anything pretty." She shrugged vaguely, waving a hand at the ground. "Rocks or flowers or whatever." Zaela sounded less than thrilled with the entire idea but Netkisuth immediately dropped her head down to study the wher. I'd like a pretty rock to put on on my ledge so everyone knows it is mine! That was her goal now, not that it wouldn't change in the next candlemark.

"You have rocks. Just put one of them there," Zaela sounded exasperated.
I need a new rock! Nektisuth apparently missed the memo about her rider's annoyance and sounded as chipper as ever, eyes swirling with delight. Have you seen any? She asked the wher again, hunkering down to rest her head on the ground and get on his level. That was where he was, so maybe she could see the rocks better from down there?

@Leo

PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 06:59 PM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

457 Posts
4059 Marks

The thing about canines, especially energetic ones like Roulette, was they needed daily exercise. Otherwise, all that pent-up energy had to go somewhere, and that somewhere was usually his shoes, and Ruoban liked his shoes. He especially feared for the ones Vessa had so thoughtfully gifted him for his previous turnday, so he locked them up inside a chest alongside his other valuables where he knew they would be safe. But even with his shoes safely stored, there was still a bouncy canine waiting for him from dusk till dawn; not that he minded. Roulette was the reason why it was common to find the cyan pair tracing circles around the bowl through all seasons and both wher and handler greatly enjoyed the exercise and peace their regular walks brought them. It was a nice way to start their day as night fell before patrols, or even to end their night with some light conversation. Having the chance to speak with other inhabitants of the Weyr that they normally wouldn't be able to converse with was always uplifting. Who knew what each day would bring?

In today's case, it appeared to be a pink and her lovely rider. She was younger than him, though clearly not a girl anymore. He smiled. "As a matter of fact, I've seen many pretty things, including yourselves and my wher here." Was the compliment cheesy? Maybe. But he said it with such ease that perhaps it went over Zaela's head. 'Beauty all around Ruosk,' the cyan agreed. 'But if want rock, Ruosk look for very pret-ty rock! Lake have good rock. Want smooth rock? Black rock? What rock want?' The wher cocked her head to the side as her gaze met with Netkisuth's. She wasn't bothered in the slightest to be included in the pink's hunt for a new decoration and her lips were pulled back into a small, dainty smile. As for Roulette, the wherhandler's canine, he let out a friendly yip before approaching Zaela in an attempt to sniff her hand. New people had all sorts of interesting smells on them and he was eager to find out where she had been.

"That's Roulette- sorry if you're not an animal person, he's the friendly type. I'm Ruoban by the way, at your service, m'ladies. And as you can tell, this is Ruosk, the smartest wher you'll ever find. Not that I'm biased or anything." The man shrugged, though he couldn't keep the grin off of his face. It didn't take an expert to recognize Zaela's annoyance with her dragon and he hoped to get a smile out of her within the next few minutes. Otherwise, what use was he?

@Captain
PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 09:10 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks

A sparkly rock would be best, but a smooth one would work, too. As long as it is pretty. I'll know it when I see it! Let's go! And like that she had a best friend and awkwardly hopped towards the lake, effectively abandoning Zaela. Her rider cast a woeful look in her pink's direction before her attention was diverted to the canine. Which was good because she was too busy frowning at his owner for his compliments.

"I like them better than most people," she admitted, dropping to a crouch to appropriately love on said hound with her one hand, arm bracing against his chest to keep him from wiggling away on her.

"Zaela," she offered. "That was Nektisuth, not that it matters because she ABANDONED ME!" She shouted across the bowl, earning a flutter of wings in response.
I am not far, I cannot abandon you. Do you need me to get you?
No, you just keep leaving me alone with men...
Good!

Zaela heaved a sigh and fended off overly affectionate dog kisses. "Looks like your Ruosk made a friend, if nothing else. Which can only mean trouble." She pushed herself up and frowned after the dragonkin pair, shaking her head. "She's going to want to bring the biggest rock she can find home. Your cyan always this... Helpful?"

@Leo

PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 06:16 PM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

457 Posts
4059 Marks

While the pink hopped her way to the lake, the wher seemed to glide her way there, each movement as precise and fluid as a dancing Lady Holder. Ruosk was a decent swimmer and had no trouble searching the lake's bottom for rocks whether that was from the water's edge or where the water was deep enough to swallow her up whole. Her long snout brushed against rock after rock, but only the best would be delicately grasped between her jaws and brought to the lake's surface for further examination. After several minutes of this, the cyan had a small pile of rocks at her feet, and she paused in her search to see if she had the right of things. After all, it didn't matter what rocks she found pretty, only what Netkisuth enjoyed. 'What Net-ki think? Ruosk find many smooth rock. Let see...this rock shine under light! And this rock pink like Net-ki. Very prett-y.' The cyan had a little trouble with the dragon's name and hoped she wouldn't mind the shortened version of it.

Meanwhile, Roulette had gone and went to canine paradise. The canine practically melted into a puddle of joy under Zaela's touch, his eyes closing, tail thumping, and tongue lolling right out of his mouth. His owner smiled wider at the sight, believing that anyone who liked animals had to be a good person, especially if they liked canines. "They're certainly easier to get along with than most people," he agreed. "I mean, if you treat them right, you got a friend for life." Human beings were a little more...complicated in their loyalties. Of course, that didn't mean one should avoid human beings altogether. They just had to work a little harder to earn their affections.

Ruoban didn't bother to hide his amusement as Zaela shouted at her dragon from across the bowl. "Trouble?" He arched an eyebrow while the woman extricated herself from Roulette's affections, possibly with a little more hair on her than before. The canine immediately dashed after the pink and cyan to splash about in the lake waters now that his curiosity had been sated. He would be back for more petting, later. "What, Ruosk? Oh yeah, she considers the whole Weyr to be her responsibility, kind of like the doting aunt you never knew you had. Only, she's more interested in debating moral conundrums than gossiping about the Lady Holders and whatever it is that Lady Holders do." The man shrugged even as he smiled. "What about Nektisuth? She always bringing new bits and pieces home? I imagine it gets a bit cluttered in there, if so. Still, I admire her attitude. Life will never be dull with her in your life."

@Captain
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil