Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Cyan Beavaeth
Amber Era

Upcoming Hatchings:

With Mutorin of Dalibor's discovery that a number of plants found in the southern jungles can be used as a remedy to stave off the worst of the still unnamed 'plague' the fatalities seem to have tapered off. Most of Dalibor's ill have recovered, if only in time to mourn their losses. Even still a number of Dalibor's wings and prides have seen fit to transfer away following their recovery, as if the Weyr itself was responsible for such a disastrous event - not realizing the plague was spread to the far reaches of Pern by a handful of persons that broke the quarantine in their delirious state.

All things considered life is moving forward calmly for the denizens of Dalibor Weyr and its beholden Holds. Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. Only time will tell what the new Lord and Lady Holder will bring to their Hold, but all are hoping for none but good fortune.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Nevitheran of Gold Nevisk - Rhia

Weyrlingmaster
Rilorden of Blue Gabranth - Zane
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia

Candidatemaster
Al'dr of Blue Fortath - Raining
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Raindrops, AU:17 [Mysqith's Second Flight]
Ivy
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 05:09 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks
Member Inventory: View

A simple song consisting of only a few chords had been memorized and played time and time again by the rider in her free time. Now that she had that song down she had decided to spend some time working on a song of her own. Lyrics were the easy part - finding notes that matched how she heard it in her head was a different story altogether. Humming softly her fingers plucked at the small guitar over the notes she knew before she shifted her fingers to try and put together a series of different notes. Eventually she would have a song, one way or the other. Sour notes rang out suddenly as she misplaced her fingers and in turn her face scrunched up, “I’m not sure I’ll ever be good at this.”

Plucking the strings once more she drew the note out until it faded into silence before she began to hum. In short order the humming gave way to actual words as she began singing softly, ”I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh… I want to hold you high and steal your pain away…” A faint smile tugged at her lips as she moved the instrument from her lap to rest gently against the stone wall next to her bed. Flopping back her hair fell around her head like a fiery halo as she laid there thinking to herself.

Caution does not look good on you. Mysqith mocked her rider despite being perched atop the rim of the weyrbowl and unable to actually see the woman. For a few sevendays now Hers had been practicing on the guitar, from time to time she would meet with the man who said he would help her learn but she engaged only in small talk. It was maddening to the cyan that Hers would be so… timid in face of something she wanted.

I wasn’t cautious before and look where it got me. Bitterness colored her words while blue eyes shifted to the ledge in time to see her cyan land. Droplets of water clung to Mysqith’s hide with more splattering down from the cloudy sky. It was not a heavy rain but it was a chilly one, the temperature outside even without the rain was brisk - a sharp reminder that summer was gone and winter was on its way. Neither of the pair seemed to mind the cooler weather, though it offered little in the way of motivation to leave her weyr and wander about. This was the type of weather that was more suitable for cooking over an open fire or cuddling indoors under a nice fur. Company was preferred for the later but as it stood she was alone and had to make due on her own. Wide legged black pants that were so comfortable one could tell by sight alone that they were great for lounging about hung off her waist. A thick ribbon cinched the waistband tight against her hips to keep her pants up, the edges of the ribbon visible from under the hem of her plain white tunic. White was far from a flattering color on the fairly light skinned young woman but without company she went for comfort over fashion.

Not alone for long.

Confusion clouded the woman’s features until she felt herself awash with heat; not from any normal heat source but instead through the bond she shared with the cyan. The heat was need and lust, unbridled and wild - the feelings mimicked in Mysqith’s eyes as she peered into the weyr from the ledge, purples, reds, and yellows swirling around furiously across her facets. “I… Shard it all!” There was no point fighting it, no point in denying what was now clearly evident to the woman - Mysqith was going to rise and there was nothing she could do about it. The signs had been there of course and Ivy had even recognized them; yet somehow she had fooled herself into thinking she had far more time before it was something to worry about. She had not prepared because she didn’t think it would be an issue - now here she was in a less than glamorous state with her dragon taking off from the ledge as if a fire had been lit beneath her. No, not beneath her but inside of her.

Herdbeasts fled in all directions as Rukbat’s rays peeked through the cloud cover long enough to cast a dragon shaped shadow directly over them. Talons plucked a pair of terrified beasts from the scattering masses and carried them up to where she had been perched on the rim before. Carcasses were left behind, firelizards and tunnelsnakes would have a mighty fine feast as only some of the meat had been torn from the bone - she was far more interested in the blood pumping through their veins. Falling rain helped to clear the mess from her maw as she finished and bolted back into the air, the drops causing some discomfort as she picked up speed while circling the bowl. Peering down she spied a number of dragons lounging on their ledges, most of them were trying to avoid the rain but she had other plans for those who would follow.

I promise you will not melt. Rather than employing her normal tricks she spoke plainly, enough of a challenge offered in her tone to let the males of the Weyr know what she wanted. What she needed of at least one of them, whoever that one might be. Twisting in the air she did half a roll before a sharp turn took her past the weyrbowl’s walls out towards the choppy sea water. But if you are afraid then stay indoors as I have no time to waste on the timid.

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 06:18 PM
Weyrlingmaster

741 Posts
55 Marks

Mysqith Rises,

That was the only warning L'aars had before he felt a roil of heat flood his body. A familiar sensation given how often the Iron took to the Chase. One might think that he would pursue only females of similar size, but no, he cared not for rank or color. Gold or grey, the iron would leapt to her call, crooning praises that more often than not went unheard. Once more he mumbled curses under his breath. This one was at least a Fighter. The last one was so small that he wondered if they could physically mate without him harming her.

He rose from his seat in the Dining Hall, abandoning his meal to step out into the mouth of the caverns. Rain fell. It was a miserable day. But that matter little to Jaireth. Rain or shine, night or day, he followed where females led. L'aars did not need to wait long before the iron landed and urged him to mount. As soon as he was seated, Jaireth leapt into the murky sky, his blazing blood unhindered by the chill of the autumn rain. Before a he could regain his sensibilities, he stood on the ledge of a rider he barely knew. Ivy. Was this how he was destined to meet half the weyr? By Jaireth dumping him off on their ledges as he went off to Chase? It wasn't like he succeeded very often. Wouldn't it make more sense to return L'aars to his own weyr?

Apparently not. Because Jaireth was gone in a flash of metallic hide.

L'aars shook his head and cleared the moisture from his face. Standing outside until he was soaked through didn't sound like the best plan, so he decided to at least shelter in the entryway of the rider's weyr. Unable to quell his curiosity, the ironrider peered inside to see the occupant. She was dressed casually, as if she had retreated to her home to wait out the weather, disinterested in leaving unless called upon. Nothing like the blazing distraction that aided him during the infiltration mission. Politely, he offered a nod to the cyanrider, "Might I step in?" He motioned to his already dripping self. His brief stint in the rain was enough to encourage him to find shelter. And the call of Flightlust pulled away the boundaries he would otherwise be inclined to keep. Just walking into a near stranger's weyr for shelter wasn't exactly a normal thing for him.

As for the cause of his situation...Jaireth was dashing off towards the female that called. True, flying in the rain was uncomfortable. He didn't like it. But how was it different than bathing in a chilled lake? It would not harm him. The iron grumbled a greeting to the female he sought, Mysqith, you challenge, I answer. You seek the bold. They can tame a storm upon the sea, like which your hide reminds me. Let me admire you.

@Ivy

PMEmail
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:28 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3920 Posts
285 Marks

C'lainn had been informed of the coming Flight, not by word, but in visible signs. Tryonilth chased practically anything and everything that moved, regardless of rank, as the mood struck him - sometimes he went to the edges of the sky after some glittering Green or pristine Pink, other times the softest rays of Rukbat off a Yellow hide left him less than proactive, but no less intrigued. Whether he chased or didn't, it seemed entirely up to the Burgundy's own whims. But he noticed them all, either in chase or from his ledge, until they vanished out of sight.

Mysqith, was no different.

The Cyan had made it clear, whether joking or not, that he was nothing special to her. That he was just another voice for her to mimic, but the gravity of what had long been stewing between His and Hers, was much harder to leave uncontested and ignored. He doubted he'd be chosen if he did venture out into the squall after her, but to leave His where he lingered, or not?

Lainn could feel the compulsions in his Burgundy, Yon's stocky body pacing to and fro for reasons that had nothing to do with whether or not he was going to chase, and everything to do with whether he was going to drop His off on Mysqith's ledge or not.

No.
You can't sit here and tell me the idea doesn't appeal to you.
As much as it appeals, it's not the right decision. I don't want her shunning you because I'm there, and I don't want her picking you because of anything but the merit of her own decisions.
She won't choose me if she doesn't want me to be chosen, of course, but I worry that the potential suitors visiting her ledge are at a much more distinct disadvantage if you do show up.
Perhaps I want to see if she'd choose me on that alone, or not. Mysqith, she's her own half of that bond, but we aren't so traditional as the other Weyrs. Just because the Dragon decides, doesn't mean the Rider has to comply, does it?

Yon's whirling purple-red eyes periodically matched his hide, as they never left the brilliant cerulean form in the skies overhead. He watched her go to the beastpens, blood her kills, and then take sail. Hot behind her talons and tail was the recent transfer in, an Iron who by now Yon was reasonably acquainted with, but from the looks of it the competition was sparse. Must be the rain.

He looked back to His, and Lainn's jaw worked. The Harper's tongue traveled his lips, before the Burgundy looked back to follow Mysqith's form with his entire head. A hand on Yon's shoulder proceeded the lift of Harper to his natural saddle, and without straps Lainn settled in momentarily.

The stocky red drake dropped gracefully off his ledge, Lainn's dreadlocks, short-sleeve shirt, and pants soon saturated as the water hit him and his dragon's hide, the droplets rolling off Yon's body and Lainn making a momentary lapse in his own focus as he watched them slide across his neck and shoulders.

Boots made a soft splash in the gathering puddles, and with little more than a chuff, Yon coiled the burly muscle that made up most of his body, and launched himself in pursuit of both Jaireth and Mysqith, ahead of him.

Why weren't there more of them? Did they not see how beautiful she was, with the stormcloud's filtered light enhancing her glow? How the water rolled off of her, how she twisted and turned?

Fools, all of them. If they wouldn't chase, he supposed it was all the better for him; less competition, though the Cyan's words had never been lost on him as they might have appeared.

Though the Burgundy wasn't so alone as he suspected, outside of the Iron King. From below him, Uviqueth rocketed up from Ivy's ledge, where he'd left J'tar standing not far from C'lainn. Never one to be so brash as to spiral up past the Rising female, he pulled even with the Burgundy once he'd caught up, doing a barrel roll with a gleeful squee.

You have picked a perfect day, Mysqith, he crooned. Life is not only weathering the storm, but learning to dance in the rain. A lesson it appears many have need of learning.

Lainn worked his jaw with an obvious swallow, mouth once again full of wool. Without alcohol, he was largely unable to say anything at all. He watched his dragon until the now-quartet were out of sight, before he finally turned and interlaced his water-soaked hands behind the small of his back. They were soon dislodged in favor of crossing his chest - along with his arms - and J'tar simply sat in the rain on the ledge, closing his eyes and lifting his head skyward. Lainn wasn't so reflective, nor so at-ease; though he looked as much, there was also obvious tension in his shoulders and arms that bespoke of how apprehensive he was about being there.

Ultimately, she scared the hell out of him. Not because of the fact she was female, he'd had many discussions in a business sense with women, but because she was so much more aggressive than he was. Lainn still hadn't entirely gotten over the deaths in his family, or the transfer of his brother back to Eastern. Adjusting had always been something he fought with, as evident by his incapacities with women, and adjusting from the no-touch, no-talk situation they'd been tossed into in her Weyrlinghood and his Candidacy hadn't been particularly easy.

Even something as simple as the kiss in the dining hall during the feast had taken a great deal of courage to muster, and ultimately had boiled down to a 'just do it' mentality, akin to jumping in the deep end of the Lake and hoping he had enough recollection of childhood to remember how to swim. It was that very same mentality that had left him on the ledge that didn't belong to him.

He wasn't a man who liked to move too fast, too soon. But they'd been effectively talking and such for months, now, turns, even. He wasn't willing to assume she'd choose him - after all, Mysqith had made long-apparent her disregard, largely, for any particular dragon specifically (a matter that had Yon sulking in their weyr with a level of annoyance that had nearly pushed Lainn to the boundaries of his sanity), and that meant that any of those present in the sky were eligible for her good graces. That usually extended to those on the ledge, as well, and Lainn wasn't entirely sure if it was such a good idea, now that he thought about it, to end up here when he could very well be watching someone else climb into bed with her.

And you say you're not jealous.
I'm not. I'm not sure what I am.
Not even a little bit?

Lainn sighed inwardly, turning to squint at the dots in the sky.

You're not going to leave this alone, are you.
I'm not sure, ask me in oh....two, three candlemarks?
You're a sharding hooligan, you are.

J'tar was content to stay where he was; if Mysqith chose Uviqueth, then he'd move inside, but as it stood he didn't mind the rain. Nor did he mind the wait. Jay didn't mind much of anything, honestly, and most people who saw him even a little bit knew that by this point, anyway.

PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Aug 13 2017, 09:53 PM
Candidatemaster

385 Posts
3102 Marks

A bronzed face peered from underneath the brim of his hat in order to catch a glimpse of the grey sky. "It's raining..." he muttered to himself, holding out a cupped hand in order to catch a few of the drops. He brought them up to his face for an inquisitive sniff, much like a dog might, before letting them drip from his palm to rejoin their brethren on the earth. 'I can see that,' came the familiar voice. N'oc raised an eyebrow. "Can you?" he countered. "Or is it something else altogether that you are interested in?" The brownrider wasn't that intrigued by the rain; he could feel the rising heat and he knew the source too. 'Okay, Angeth...who is it this time?' 'Cyan Mysqith. A flame amidst the rain.' N'oc's dark eyes narrowed. "...you're going to go after her, regardless of what I think, huh?" The brown didn't bother to respond to that.

Sighing to himself, N'oc crossed the weyrbowl to reach his dragon's side. So much for a short trip to Dalibor. At least it would make his day interesting...or not. N'oc came from a large family that had spread their roots across most of Pern and one of his cousins just had their first baby at Crescent. Of course he had to visit, say his good wishes and all that, lest he risk the wrath of his infamous Aunt Numea. That woman still made his skin crawl, whether he was six or twenty-seven turns old. However, that had been part of the plan, up to and including the nice meal he just had at the Weyr's dining hall. Now, Angeth choosing to chase after a Daliborian cyan? Not part of the plan. Ugh, soon his rest day would be over, and then it would be back to drills and work. 'You sound like a child.' N'oc made sure to scrabble for purchase on his dragon's hide as he boarded the brown, more like a holder who had never rode a dragon in their life than a well-adjusted dragon rider. "At least I don't look like a fat stoat, like you."

N'oc was dumped on the cyanrider's ledge on his hands and knees, coming to a halt beside J'tar. The man rose to his feet, retrieved his hat from where it had fallen, before cupping his hands around his mouth. It was a quirk of his that he preferred to talk aloud rather than mentally chat with his dragon. Angeth seemed to understand him either way. "Real gentleman-like!" he shouted at the departing brown who ignored him (again). He tsked twice like an elderly woman who had just found out her husband had dirtied the clothes she had just washed, then turned to survey his fellows. "So...is there a reason we're all standing around in the rain? Nobody took a bath today? No one's home? You need me to knock?" 'No one is going to understand that joke.' "...don't you have a dragon to impress?" A whisper to what seemed to be himself.

Angeth fell back to silence, unruffled by his rider's many attempts to unnerve him. It was a game they played - and he always won. It was difficult to faze the brown. Now, what would impress a rain-soaked cyan? Words? Tricks? 'Jokes?' 'I am not a purple.' The understatement of the century. The brown twisted towards the sea, calmly noting that his agility was not up to par compared to say, one of the fighters. A blue tongue caught droplets of rain. 'Why would I melt?' The statement had been bothering him, so he posed it forward as his long wings pushed him onward. 'The rain washes, it does not burn.'

(Introducing: N'oc and Brown Angeth of Southern Weyr. NPCs can be such fun.)
PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 05:23 PM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

Mysqith’s challenge to the males was closely followed by a heavy sigh as a choice fell upon her - to bury herself under her furs and try and ignore what was going on or to ride it out. With her cyan’s first flight she had gone a tad… overboard. Remembering it drew color to her cheeks even as a smile formed on her lips. It may have been a bit much but it had been fun. One of them had not even been a rider driven by his dragon’s lust; perhaps if she had ever bothered to tell him how much it meant to her that he’d come then he would have stayed. A decision was finally reached - she could not hide from this no more than her dragon could simply forgo answering the instinctual call to rise. Long legs saw the woman from her warm fur laden bed to the wide opening in the stone that led out to Mysqith’s ledge. A chilly breeze was there to greet her as she peered through the rain to follow her dragon’s movements until she disappeared over the weyrwall towards the sea. It rained the day you hatched.

Gray head turned on his ledge to peer after his clutchsister, You speak of being timid, yet you are denying your greatest gift. It was a whisper in the back of her mind and she knew its source immediately; Reith. In short order he took to the skies after her, there was some lust yes - instinct was hard to deny - yet for the most part he was there to ensure no foul play. He’d been unable to protect Mysqith on the day they hatched but he was there for her now, not only to protect her but to remind her of who she was. Who exactly was she?

A surge of anger passed through their bond, not directed at Ivy but at everyone. Where were her suitors? Were there so many timid souls in the Weyr afraid of a little rain? Reith’s words echoed in her mind and caused more red to flare throughout her faceted eyes. Is it too much for you to handle, she mocked Fortath in his own mindvoice before her mind reached out for another. Is it because I am not a queen? even Xerocleth was not safe even if his rider was a junior weyrleader. The thought of leaders brought her mind rounding on Zeuth, Am I not your favorite then?

I am as lovely as any queen in these walls! I will not be ignored!

While Jaireth’s presence was noted - did he think he could tame her? - it was just not enough. Rage coursed through her veins until she was trembling from it, wings beating harder to draw her further over the water. A steady drizzle fell from the sky though it did little to quell the fire driving her forward. Diving for the choppy waters she pulled up just in time to avoid collision, glancing back to see if her lone suitor would follow. It was then that she saw two three more males behind the iron. It was about time they showed up! Tryonilth’s form was familiar as he pulled himself through the sky after her even if he was being quiet. The blue that rocketed after him, and in turn her, was not as quiet and her anger was lessened by his praise. Stone melts away under rain when there is enough of it. Are you stronger than stone? While Angeth’s arrival was appreciated she would not service fools; which is just what the brown was if he truly thought himself to be stronger than the material that blocked thread and housed them all.

It is not about words but action. A twist saw her peering back at the males briefly before she angled herself upward to climb higher into the gloomy sky. If these males wanted to impress her and potentially catch her first they needed to keep up.

A nod was offered to the ironrider, ”Of course you can come in out of the rain.” Leaning against the sloped stone wall she watched the other riders arrive one by one. Eyes refused to leave C’lainn once she found him, though she addressed all of the riders. ”You’re all welcome inside.” It was an odd sensation - his presence was sobering to say the least. She had not expected him to come despite expecting his burgundy to give chase. ”You came.” Words were carried by the chilly breeze and she took a step towards him.

Need coursed through her veins but there was more to it as blue eyes danced over his form. Not just anyone would do; much as her dragon had a choice to make so did she. Pulling her gaze from him she peered at the others gathered. Iron, blue, brown… she could see their dragons reflected in them but a dragon could not sate her. Dragons did not interest her in this moment, even if they were only brought together by the demands of the winged beasts twisting through the sky through the falling rain. He was her sole interest and yet she worried he did not feel the same. He is there, he is interested.

Mysqith being the voice of reason was alarming, yet she knew that the cyan was right. Stepping into the rain the others were forgotten as she offered the burgundyrider her hand, ”I was hoping you would.” Droplets fell upon her shoulders leaving the fabric nearly translucent in their wake, too much time in the rain would leave them all with an eyeful. ”Did you want to come inside?” Part of her wanted to take his hand and drag him with her; to push him to the furs and explore his body before Mysqith had even made her choice. Her feelings for the man, whatever they might be as she wasn’t even sure, won out over the lust she felt. C’lainn was not another notch he was something much more to her; if she came in too hot she feared pushing him away. If the other men stayed or left it was up to them as she had not actually voiced her choice, though the lack of attention she was paying them might be a good indicator.

PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 04:46 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3920 Posts
285 Marks

"Because gentlemen don't just barge their way into someone else's weyr, least of all a proper lady's, without permission you mannerless hack," C'lainn fired back with no small amount of vitriol. "Regardless of what the weather is. Rain, snow, shine, you wait until she says you can enter. It's common courtesy, but I suppose not everyone was raised by civilized people."

J'tar's head rolled back, face lifted to the storm and a smile brushing his features in rebuke.

"Why would you not wish to be in it?" Sharp, storm-blue eyes turned from the skies overhead to look past the inquiring Brownrider, before he looked at some unseen point within Ivy's weyr. "Are you too good for it, too? Does it burn your skin, waste you away, and leave you feeling blue? Faranth is in the rain, they say, and for once I think it truth..."

A slow breath, and all at once Jay seemed to forget where he was, momentarily, but was reminded by his bonded quickly enough. All the same, he didn't seem overly inclined to remove himself from the falling drops, allowing the water to saturate his hair and clothing, almost entirely losing himself in Uviqueth's wingbeats in his Blue's pursuit of the beautiful Cyan ahead of him.

"She is beautiful, your bonded," J'tar murmured softly, though he could tell one of the others present had her attention. "Much like you. Does she also focus on one alone, and yet nothing at all? Is her choice so easily made, and yet not so easily claimed?"

There was amusement, curiosity in the younger Rider's features, and Uviqueth crooned in the skies overhead, respectfully behind Mysqith as to not crowd her. Yon was obviously just as aggrevated that she lacked any more than the four of them; she deserved so many more, but it appeared as if the train behind her would continue to be shorter than most.

Let them try to dismiss you. The storm has proven those strong enough to weather it on your heels, let it be a memory for you, and perhaps it will deem them lesser in--
Do not assume so easily, Tryonilth, that those who do not chase are worthless. For Humans, it is a display of loyalty, to maintain one's ties to only one or two people. This is why they are married, they are weyrmated. I am almost certain there are many who would like to chase, but honor and dignity keep them just as surely as the storm does. Everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about.
Uviqueth's humor, however, always managed to surface. Let them view her beauty in envy, that we are not so bequeathed, and we are permitted the glory and honor of following such a beautiful light through the dim, gloomy sky. Why, perhaps the best of choices you have made, Mysqith, to have the light around you squelched by cloud and rain....if you had Risen in cloudless skies, we might have all been blinded and prevented from pursuit at all...
Your flattery makes your hide false, brother.
Nonsense. If she chooses you, would you be so proper as to tandem yourself to her wills? Become to her, what Yours clearly is for Hers? If, of course, our gorgeous cerulean rose agrees...after all, partnerships are not for only one side to determine, mmm?
She does not want me. Mysqith is free, she is a drifting feather on an endless breeze - she goes where she wills, she chooses who she wills, and I will not hold her down to those sorts of demands. It isn't my place.

C'lainn had yet to look at her, as Yon's bitterness soured the rear of his tongue. His eyes lingered momentarily on N'oc, their edges hard, and all at once the envy in his senses was almost tangible - but he made no effort to move towards Ivy or the safety of the interior reaches of her weyr. By that point, the water dripped down the clinging fabric of his shirt, painting the visible stature of his upper torso, as his pants clung to his legs and the tops of his boots. His dreadlocks hung around his shoulders, channeling the excess rain both off his ears, his chest, and the end of his nose.

Do not let your choice determine hers, Yon's voice echoed in Ivy's thoughts. I will not be cross if she doesn't choose me. I am here, because I would not be anywhere else. I know she doesn't care for me, and that's all right - but if you hurt Mine, there will be nowhere either of you can hide.

"She won't hurt me, Yon," came the voiced words, so soft they could have passed for a whisper as thunder rumbled somewhere to the West. At least, he hoped not.

Lainn looked down at the offered hand, and for several long moments he just stood in the rain peering at it, before his fingers lifted and he ran the tips of them along her wrist. Over the heel of her hand, along her palm, down to the tips of her own fingers.

"He's afraid to speak to her," another near-whisper finally slipped free of the lips so otherwise unable to utter anything around her. "He knows she doesn't care for him. He's afraid to make her angry."
I fear nothing.
I know your heart. We're one and the same.
Does that mean you're afraid of her?

Lainn's jaw locked, nostrils flaring as he suddenly forced his eyes up, found Ivy's with them, and his fingers slid to interlock with her own. A slow pull, and he brought her in and up against him, his other hand finding the dampening curls of her vibrant red hair.

The Journeyman Harper turned Burgundyrider used his body as something of a threat, features bristling as his tone deepened, became significantly more aggressive.

"The both of you should excuse yourselves," he offered up clearly, lips mere centimeters from hers. "Your dragons might win the chase this day, but you won't. See yourselves out."

C'lainn's arm slid down from Ivy's hair, hooking against the small of her back as he lifted her up against him, and carried her towards her bed, in no hurry to remove the wet clothing he wore nor to peel her out of her own. Hoisting her once more, he settled her upon her back along the width of her bed, before he very carefully scaled the side to end up with his knees along her hips, her thighs resting against the tops of his own. Water dripped off of him, but he didn't care. The furthest thing from his mind in those moments, was wet bedclothes and ruined mattresses. He had enough Marks to supply her with a half-dozen new ones, anyway.

J'tar's lips pulled upwards in a not-unpleasant smile, hefore he opened his eyes and pushed himself to his feet.

"If you have need," he remarked off-handedly to N'oc, "My bed is open and I care nothing of the bits and parts others possess. I can see to you, if you'll show me the same kindness..." he looked along the ledge towards the Ironrider present, "...both of you, of course. Or either. I'm far from picky...it appears we are unwelcome here for the duration of this particular flight."

Lainn's frame was still largely paused above Ivy's own, still both clad in saturated clothing.

"If I claim you," the Burgundyrider spoke up, after a very long period of heavy hesitation; the fight behind his eyes to force himself to voice his concerns was clear, laden with the lusts echoed by the beast of thread-murdering fire pursuing her own bonded in the skies beyond their sights, "You find the bed of no other. Not now, not until we decide where this is going. If another hand touches you the same way mine are about to, I will leave, and you'll never see me again. You have to promise me. I don't stray, I never have, but I also expect the same."

Flightlust, it seemed, acted like alcohol. The hunger, the need to satisfy every urge he felt setting his blood on fire, cast the apprehension of putting his foot in his mouth aside. Left him without fear, all that meant anything to him was the heat of her body and the emotions he could read like music in her eyes. She promised him hell, and he was willing and ready to let her set him on fire for the rest of his life.

"Promise me," he whispered against her neck, lips brushing over her throat and his hips pressing down against her frame. "Promise me. I'll make sure you never want for anything else again. Marks, love, affection...anything."

The emotions in His sent an inferno through Yon's veins, coupled with bitter irritation from Uviqueth's words; he barrel-rolled, and Lainn's body suddenly hardened as he had to forcefully restrain his Burgundy from horse-kicking both the Blue and the Brown beside and somewhat ahead of him. Tryonilth bucked the mental restraint, instead pinning his wings and diving to a few dragonlengths below, then rocketing up on a thermal to shoot back after Mysqith when she went skyward to force them to pursue.

He was more muscled than his brethren, he stood shorter than they did vertically, and Yon knew he didn't have the stamina that the Brown and Iron maintained. He also suspected that she would never choose him; they were much too different, Mysqith and himself, but he stood by his word that he wouldn't be upset if she chose another - all that mattered to him, was that His was within striking distance of finally getting involved with another again. Specifically, tying himself on a more permanent note to the Cyan's bonded. Mysqith would hopefully get a more grounded Hers, a happier, more satisfied Hers, and Yon would finally be able to stop worrying about His driving himself into an early grave or blink between.

If she doesn't promise, the Burgundy sighed at the beacon of twilight sky he hungered to claim almost as much as Hers sought His, I believe I'll lose my tailforks from the fall to the sea.

Lainn waited for her to promise him; if she did, he concerned himself not in the slightest with the structural integrity of her clothing - all of it, and all of his own, were torn physically away, and he yanked the sheets up over them to do with her what he'd been determined to avoid for turns. If not, well....we'll cross that bridge when they make us pay the tolls, won't we?

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:50 PM
Pridesecond

1319 Posts
1800 Marks

With two sons and a daughter, the eldest of which was nearing Candidacy and becoming more and more independent as his position as a Weyrbrat would allow, M’rat had a lot to deal with in the time outside of his duties as a rider both for his Weyr and his Dragon. That didn’t meant that he could take a break from his Blue’s enthusiastic approach to chasing after females regardless of their size or what was going on with M’rat. One cold and rainy day, how typical of Fall from both M’rat and Higarath’s perspective during their life in the Western Continent, that Higarath decided to interrupt any plans that M’rat had for a while even though M’rat didn’t leave his weyr.

Higarath launched himself off of the ledge of his weyr taking to the skies once again in persuit of a female, this time a Cyan that Higarath wasn’t quite sure considering his memory whether or not he had chased her before. I don’t mind rain, though I am dreadfully sorry for my late arrival, said Higarath trying to somewhat desparetly catch up to the Cyan and the other males chasing her looking rather sorry for himself.

Of course he was there now and he had to focus on making up for his tardiness climbing higher into the sky not willing to be left behind any longer than necessary.

(OOC: http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Embarrassed.png Sorry for showing up late, I was planning on posting here but I kept on getting distracted by other things.)

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 07:21 PM
Wingleader

1072 Posts
780 Marks

Zeuth had been watching Mysqith for the past several days, watching as her beautiful Cyan hide grew brighter and brighter. He had started his watch possibly even before she knew she was going to Rise soon; it would be hard to tell what came first. Not that it mattered, to be honest. The important part from his POV was that he noticed, and desired to Chase her.

Or he would have Chased, had he not made a promise to HisBoy that he wouldn't pursue any of his daughters whenever they wanted to mate. While dragons had no qualms about mating with close relatives (a good look at any Weyr's stud book would prove that), humans did. And His never wanted to cross those lines for his own peace of mind.

It was an easy enough promise for the Bronze to keep much of the time. While he loved all his daughters, he'd never felt an overwhelming urge to pursue any of them. He could sit back and admire their beauty from his ledge while the other males vied with each other to be worthy of them.

Except this time it was Mysqith, his favorite non-Queen daughter, who was Rising. And were it not for his promise, he'd be out there with her other suitors doing his best to woo her to him. So it was Zeuth was forced to stay behind with his frustrated desires, increasingly angry about the whole situation and not hiding that from his rider.

And he would have stayed on his ledge too, admittedly unhappily, but he would have stayed. But when Mysqith spoke directly to him, making it clear the Bronze's absence from her Flight genuinely upset her, he made his decision. And it wasn't in G'len's favor. She calls to me personally. She wants me there now, was all Zeuth told his rider before jumping off the ledge and flying after her. That his favorite Cyan wanted him there as much as he wanted to be there was a welcome surprise. He would not fail her in this.

It took him a bit to get close enough to join the other males in the back. Zeuth took little note of who they were; they weren't Mysqith, so they weren't important to him right then. No more than the storm around them was. Apologies, beautiful one, he called out to the Cyan. Mine sought to force me to obey human mores in this matter, fool that he is. But your wishes supersede his in this. If Mysqith wished to look into the Bronze's mind, she'd see the truth of that statement, plus the anger and frustrated desires that action lead to. He didn't hide it from her; he didn't want to.

With a surge of his wings, Zeuth pulled up close to the Cyan, though not so close that she'd feel crowed by him. You are still my favorite, and always will be, he spoke to her alone. The others didn't need to overhear what he said to her now. If we fall together today, I would not leave you until after sunrise tomorrow. And spend that time showing you how much I favor you.

A sly playful glint colored his eyes as he looked the Cyan over once again, taking her all in. How adventurous are you, Mysqith? These others would simply fall with you from here if you choose them now. The same sly playful notes entered his mindvoice. How many of them would be willing to fly you to the top of the sky and start the drop there? Or fly you into the stormclouds above and mate there? Or do it under the ocean, or on a deserted beach as the humans do, even? Or all of these in turn?

He didn't mention which of those were ones he'd actually done before, or merely seen done by others and wished to try sometime with an equally adventurous partner. There was no need to, in his mind. Or is there something you'd like to try? Now is as good a time as any to try them. To the consternation of his rider back at their weyr, Zeuth was determined to woo his favorite Cyan. If he wasn't chosen today, then he'd still woo her.

Somehow.

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 11:55 PM
Weyrlingmaster

741 Posts
55 Marks

Jaireth marveled at Misqith's display of talent. How curious! Despite her fury, she remained glorious, a storm within the storm. She raged and thundered, her mindvoice shouting across the weyr. She was right of course. A rising female deserved a flock of suitors, a proper Chase, because in the moment of Fall, she is a Queen. Oh, how he loved this! Misqith did not chide him directly, but no doubt he spured her ire in some way. To make amends, he would obey the command of her Flight, rocketing high when she arced up and dipping low if she dove.

Of all the males here, he likely knew her least. Their brief meeting little more than a brush of minds when she and Hers assited His. Familiarity bred choice. But he would try. She deserved no less.

What do you wish most? the iron found himself asking as he sped after the cyan into the clouds. He wasn't agile like a fighter but he kept ahead of late suitors by virtue of being one of the first. Jaireth wasn't quite sure why he asked that. But a few of the other males were profusely chatty and stirred up curious thoughts. Perhaps he would get a scathing answer. To Fall of course! Or maybe something more profound. Content to lapse into silence, he didn't try to join to join the banter with the other males.

As for L'aars, he was happy to be out of the rain. Though as soon as he stepped under shelter, Ivy was accosted by whom he assumed was her partner of some sort. He shrugged. It was Jaireth that kept dumping him on ledges, the frisky dimglow. So despite the dizzying need heating his blood, he did not stick around, choosing instead to slip through the weyr into the inner walls.

He would find somewhere else to be.

Maybe someone else.

Maybe someone soft.

Or, he would sit here in the hallway. That was a valid option…unfortunately.

PMEmail
^
Ivy
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 12:28 AM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

It was as if time itself had slowed down as she stood there with her hand offered out to C’lainn waiting to see if he would accept it. Eyes glanced once more between those gathered knowing they were all there for her but also knowing come the morning they would all be gone again. She was so tired of her mornings being empty and lonely - he wouldn’t leave her like that, would he? All she could do was hope against hope that she was reading who he was correctly; could she even read him at all? Heart, body, and mind were at war as her dragon’s rage and lust poured through her body while doubt clouded her mind. Her heart was open and vulnerable, she didn’t want it to be like this but what other choice did she have? None.

He was her choice.

Would you two prefer to leave so you can continue your mindless chatter? Lashing out at the blue and burgundy she craned her neck back to glance at them before picking up speed. Still climbing higher and higher in the sky she offered an almost pleased sounding warble at the arrival of the second blue and the bronze. The clouds grew denser around the group of dragons as they followed her lead, rain pelting them harder as the flew up while it fell down. Whatever pain it offered she ignored for now as she knew it would be worth it in the end, what kind of pleasure was not worth a bit of pain? Zeuth’s private words caused her purple and red eyes to surge with amused and intrigued blue-green before the lighter hue dissipated into purple once more. So many words - did none of them realize that wooing her would take far more than that? Thus far only one of them had avoided speaking to her entirely and while it was not an unwelcome silence it also did not go unnoticed. Are you this quiet when trying to woo the other females Tryonilth?, she singled him out - the other males did not need to be privy to her calling him out. Already her wings were sore, be it from the intense climb upwards or the rain - or a combination of the two she wasn’t sure. In her heart she wanted to keep climbing higher and higher until she saw which males simply fell away behind her and which kept going.

It was not to be. Instead she simply stopped flying altogether with her body going limp mid wingbeat and falling backwards through the sky leaving the males to scatter if they wished to avoid colliding with her. Those who were not quick enough would be met with claws and teeth as she pushed them out of her way forcefully if needed. A few dragonslengths she fell haphazardly without any attempt to really control her fall and then she tucked her wings in tight and turned the fall into a dive. Straight for the water she headed, flaring her wings out to keep her from crashing through the surface just in time - would the larger males be able to match the maneuver? She listened to hear a splash or two as she flew along the choppy water’s surface, clearly amused at how difficult she was making it for them; but knowing she was more than worth every ounce of effort she demanded from them.

Silently Ivy watched as venom filled C’lainn’s words to the unfamiliar brownrider, ice blue eyes not even leaving the burgundyrider to see how the other man reacted. The bluerider was regarded with a curious look when he spoke, ”She will choose who she wishes regardless of my choice.” His compliment was lost on her - his opinion was nice but not the one that mattered in this moment. It was likely that most of them would anticipate their dragons losing to C’lainn’s but she knew Mysqith better than that - if she chose the burgundy it was because she wanted him not because of whatever connection Hers had to His. Rain threatened to leave her entire top sheer as the fabric became saturated, fiery locks clung against her shoulders and neck and yet she refused to seek the shelter her weyr provided until she knew his answer. Prepared to stay there all night if needed she patiently waited without making a move to try and force his hand.

Tryonilth’s voice filled her mind and for a moment she wondered if he was going to be speaking for His, since C’lainn couldn’t speak himself. It complicated things but she was prepared for it, Missy had already fetched a full wineskin if he needed a drink to settle his nerves and loosen his tongue. Instead of speaking for the man before her he was speaking for himself, worried like the others no doubt were that her cyan would choose him by default. That Mysqith’s will would be so easily bent. ”He doesn’t have to worry about either of those things.” His voice caught her off guard as she’d expected nothing but silence - then again he wasn’t talking to her but to his dragon. More rain fell upon them, chilling her and helping to dull the fire that her cyan had caused. Fingers began to waiver and shake lightly both from nerves and the cold biting at her but before her hand could fall away he reached out.

It was not what she expected but it was far from unwelcome either. A soft touch, exploring her hand all without looking up at her. Fingers curled against his palm as he drew his fingertips along hers and she shivered - from the cold or his touch it was hard to say. When he spoke again she licked her lips, ”She doesn’t care for anyone, but she actually doesn’t mind him as much as she acts.” Leaning in ever so slightly she added, ”She’s angry at everyone right now, I doubt he can anger her further.” Amusement permeated her words despite still being nervous, biting onto her bottom lip as she waited for a sign. It came quickly as his fingers finally locked with hers and he gently pulled her to him until their bodies pressed together. Holding her breath she stared at him in near disbelief until he dismissed the other riders, only releasing it when his hand fell from her hair to her back in order to pull her even closer. In the air with him supporting her against him she felt her cheeks flush as her eyes searched his. Was this just because of the flight? Would it be only for the night or would there be more to it?

Those questions lingered unspoken as he laid her out on the bed beneath him, his eyes meeting hers but still shrouded in mystery. A heavy silence fell upon them as she watched his face tense, ”I have wine…” It was a whisper, an offer, a solution to the war he was waging against the words she suspected he wanted to give voice to. Then he found his voice and the woman hung on every word. An odd turn of events suddenly as she found herself speechless, just staring up at him with a hand lifting to gently push some of his dreadlocks away from his face before her fingers followed the curve of his jawline. ”Why would I ever need another if I have you? I promise C’lainn… from now until you decide otherwise I am only yours.”

A weight was lifted from her chest as she spoke, all of the vulnerability she’d felt was replaced with joy and confidence. All of her doubt was gone in that instant and her fingers worked up to pull the back of his head down so her hungry lips could claim his in a kiss. The others were forgotten entirely, if they left or stayed she didn’t notice nor care as the entire focus of her world came down upon her with hands that held no concern for saving the threads that kept their bodies apart. Left bare she pressed her flesh to his as he tucked them beneath the sheets eager to give her all to him.

Frustration coursed through her veins as Hers chose her suitor and was chosen in turn by him - the woman’s needs would be met but what about her own? Everything., a reply specifically for the iron with none of the other males made the wiser. Interesting ideas., to Zeuth as she began another steady climb up towards the angry looking sky. Not far ahead lightning was cracking down from the clouds towards the water and the small islands that spotted the sea. A tempting thought to see them dance among the bolts in order to win her favor but even driven by lust and rage she knew it was too dangerous. While climbing she began to bank away from the heavier storm so she was on a path back towards the weyr while mocking the males, None of you deserve me. Still a choice would have to be made, one of them would have to do - when the time came; for now she was content to keep them enthralled in the chase.

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 01:41 AM
Weyrlingmaster

741 Posts
55 Marks

Misqith went from climbing higher to dropping backwards from the sky. Jaireth had little time to react to such a large force falling upon him and even with his attempts at scattering away, he didn't quite escape unscathed. The cyan apparently was a scratcher when she Flew. He sported a couple new marks on his hide, ichor cleaned away by the downpour. The iron watched Misqith fall, angling himself to dive after her. He didn't go as sharply as she, nor dare to match her maneuver. No doubt other males would out speed him as he controlled his fall to avoid colliding with the water. His claws brushed the choppy surface as he followed the cyan, pulling up when she headed for the clouds again. She dared them to brave the storm. Their roiling nature nature matching the ire of the Flying female.

She was so angry. So wanting. Jaireth breathed in raggedly. Flights like these were utterly thrilling. Even if he lost, braving this storm and all it entailed was a worthy experience. Having no words to offer to Misqith, for he doubted any would sooth her craving, he merely pumped his wings and continued to follow. He didn't banter. He didn't chat. His focus was wholly on following her trail as best he could without crashing into something. Dying via Chasing wasn't the most flattering way to go.

L'aars had a different opinion.

Dripping wet and chilled from the rain, but blazing with heat from Jaireth's rising lusts, he was the definition of uncomfortable. Or more aptly, miserable. As if pulled into action by an invisible string, L'aars lifted back to his feet and started walking through the halls. Maybe he could get back to his weyr and into a change of clean clothes. Or into a warm bath. His Flight addled mind had him taking turns he didn't plan on, Misqith's image impressed on his brain. Misqith (no, Ivy) was occupied. He wanted her...Wanted...someone...Soft. He knew someone soft.

Maybe?

He shook his head, trying to free his thoughts enough to focus on where he was going. Wouldn't do to get lost. It was then that he realized that his wandering did not take him anywhere near his own weyr. He knew the door. He was here before when he helped her carry some things. Emboldened by the Flight, he outright knocked on her door. If she wasn't there or didn't answer, he would leave.

"Frayya," L'aars drawled, his voice more languid than normal. "Can I come in?" Please let me in. I need you. "It's raining." He thought nothing of forwardness or implication. They were both riders. She would understand. Right?

PMEmail
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 09:45 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3920 Posts
285 Marks

I doubt that would be well-received if we did, my lady, Uviqueth responded with a cheerful croon, though Tryonilth continued to be otherwise silent.

The Burgundy knew words had failed him with her once before, but even actions would probably still make him a follow-up finisher in this test of endurance and stamina - only one of which he possessed against larger, higher-ranked drakes. He could endure, he could suffer, he could struggle. He'd done it throughout weyrlinghood with His, but even a stocky dragon like himself lacked the capacity to keep up with an Iron or a Bronze, or even a Brown and Purple. It just wasn't in his genetics, it was why they were Wingseconds and nothing more.

Some parts of me are more like Mine than I am willing to let others see. Words are useless on you, this you've proved before, when you throw them against those who speak them, in their own voice. Why would I speak, when I have nothing to add that they have not already spoken for? I could offer pretty words, but you have heard them. I am here, and you cite me past and present as unworthy of you, what else is there to say? You will make your mind up, I will not be the one to fall with you, but at least there were others to choose. Soon I won't have the energy to follow, but envy drives them out after you. When you tire of their games, and their empty promises, and their useless, pretty words that shrivel up and die when someone brighter and more metallic than you Rises, you will know where to find me. There was a bitterness in his words, and yet, truth that hit probably harder than Lainn wanted to admit. Long ago, I told Mine. The moment I chose him as mine. 'Embrace who you are, make it your armor, and no one can hurt you with it again.' I chase because males must, and because no other has given me reason to stop. I speak because that is what gets their attention.

He shot skywards in pursuit of her, though it was obvious his stamina was beginning to wane.

I had your attention long before they ever thought to follow you into the storm. You call them all, and for what? To tell us we are unworthy of you, and yet, here we are. Here you are. Tell me, Mysqith, what do you truly want? If not me, if not any of us, then who? Have I spoken enough for you, now? Is it time, yet, to call me unworthy, say I'm not anything close to what you wish, and dismiss me, despite the fact you know I won't leave, and I know you don't want me to?

His words for her were his words for her, alone - no other outside of His and Hers were made aware of what he volleyed back at her. He was chivalrous enough not to throw her anger back in her face publicly. Despite his bitterness at the knowledge she was probably going to choose another stronger, faster, larger drake, the truth was bare.

Yon's claws rolled against the surface of the sea as he followed, periodically fast enough to push right up against her tailforks with the end of his snout, before he snapped at it with his teeth - obviously in no desire to harm her, but to infuriate her. Drive her onward, force the bigger and stronger drakes in pursuit to harry themselves in effort. She deserved their exhaustion, she deserved to be no easy prey, and even if he tired long before she chose, he would be furious if they thought her so easily caught.

"Good," Lainn breathed against her neck, "Because I'm almost certain he'll bow out before the others do. And he'll be cross with the others if they don't chase to the point of exhaustion, so I suppose it's safe to assume I'll be spending the night in your bed." Lainn's laugh was tangible. "Careful. He'll take that as a personal challenge."

Too late.

"I won't need it until morning." He inhaled at her throat, sheets beginning to twist around them. "You might, too, once you realize who you woke up with...." What was that? A joke? Egads, man.

Tryonilth bobbled, but pushed onwards.

Be careful, Yon.

Only the sense of determination and aggression in the Burgundy's frame answered His.

PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 10:28 PM
Candidatemaster

385 Posts
3102 Marks

N'oc took a step back as C'lainn gave him a piece of his mind. "Woah there, mate. I didn't mean any offense." The foreign rider put his hands up in what he hoped would be taken as a gesture of peace. "I swear I won't go trespassing where I don't belong." Talk about starting off on the wrong foot...should he try a different joke instead? 'Don't be an idiot.' Angeth. "Oh, go chase yourself." His biting words were aimed at the ground, so as to prevent the others from thinking he was insulting them. Heh, the last thing he needed was for that fiery fellow to puff up like a rabid canine again, maybe he would actually bite the second time around. As to the odd bluerider: "I don't know about you, but it makes me awfully chilly to be standing around in the rain. Now, warm rain? That's a different story."

The brownrider's lips twisted into a smirk once C'lainn sought to dismiss them. Ah. Now he understood the venom that had filled the man's earlier words; it was acid borne out of respect for his lady. He couldn't find fault with that. "Hmmm..." His dark eyes shifted to J'tar as he analyzed the proposition the other had offered to him. "Well, I'm already here." At least this flight might not be a total loss; the warmth of another was reward enough.

Angeth snorted in response to Mysqith's words. 'No.' He was not stronger than stone in that, one day, he would find between and be lost forever. There was no grey area; he would die. He was not eternal. But then again, neither was stone. 'Still, I will not melt. Perhaps, I will burn.' The brown spoke of their constant battle with thread, of the scores that trailed his hide, but also of the power that burned within them - the dragons. They were fire, yet they could still be lit alight. Only Faranth knew what kind of sick irony that was. For now, the only certainty that he possessed lay in this moment; he was chasing. He wanted. She was being chased. She wanted as well. But who did she want?

He hoped not one of the latecomers who had come only only after she had reached out to them. His eyes flickered bright yellow with disdain before solidifying back into shades of purple and orange. Angeth gritted his teeth. The rain was biting, but he had yet to melt or burn. If he had anything to say about it, that fact would not change today. The brown fought harder, rose higher, and then growled as Mysqith chose to fall. He made it out of the way in time, thanks to his sharp eyes, but studied the aftermath with a hum. She was not making it easy for them. His size, best only by the kings, did not help in feats of agility. Still, he dove to the sea and managed to not be dunked beneath the waves (although his tail did make impact). 'None of you deserve me.' Another challenge. 'Pfft, who does she think she is? What a-' 'Shut up.' It didn't matter what his rider thought, because this was his fight, and he was the one who had chosen to take on the challenge.

(NPC: N'oc and Brown Angeth)
PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 08:12 PM
Wingleader

1072 Posts
780 Marks

Zeuth didn't respond to Mysqith's words to him, at least in words. The Bronze simply followed the Cyan down her path, dodging her when she fell among the males, and diving along after her as she skimmed the ocean surface. He definitely took note of the fact that his ideas intrigued her; perhaps they'd help her decide on him. Maybe.

But that wouldn't be enough to win her, he knew. There was still the fact that she was still flying long after almost any other fighter would've gotten tired and chosen a mate. Zeuth could almost feel the anger rolling off her, over the number of suitors she had to call personally to come chase, over them not giving her what she wished without actually saying what she wanted. So many things she was mad about, it seemed.

Since he really didn't have anything else to say, the Bronze continued to follow Misqith, matching her moves as best he could at his size, dodging his rivals, and keeping pretty much at her side as much as he could without crowding her. If she thought to look at his mind, she'd see his own anger at being held back from her still there, as fierce as the storm around them.

The chase tempered it some, but it was still there; it meant that a certain human would be punished for his actions within the next day, if nothing occurred to help Zeuth purge it. Like hunting down a juicy herdbeast in the wilds, or fishing for a giant fish in the ocean depths. Those activities would do in a pinch, if necessary.

Meanwhile, the Bronze continued pursuing his favored Cyan, and hoped she'd make her choice soon, before she dropped from exhaustion.
PMEmail
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 11:12 PM
Pridesecond

1319 Posts
1800 Marks

If it was any other Dragon, specifically the more unforgiving type, he probably be offended by the Cyan’s insults and anger at him and all but one of the other suitors speaking even though the only thing he said was sorry about his tardiness and how he didn’t mind the rain. Quite tame if he said so himself, though he wasn’t one of the two specifically called out for speaking though either way didn’t seem all that impressed with the vast majority of her suitors.

Higarath beat his wings furiously to make a course correction in order to not be anywhere close to the Cyan as she decided to fall in the middle of her flight in order to not attract anymore ire from the female. The female’s attitude was taxing on the normally happy-go-lucky Blue though he tried to not to show it considering how he had a reputation to maintain after all. After the sudden dive he gave the Cyan a slightly wider berth and watched her movements with a more careful eye not wanting a repeat of what happened with Emith and earlier in the flight as once again they were ascending and heading towards the Weyr. Misqith didn’t specifically dismiss him or the other males so he kept on chasing her until she either chose her mate or dismissed him.

PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 12:04 AM
Alphahandler

1184 Posts
917 Marks

Jaireth’s ichor dripped from her talons as she climbed higher and higher in the sky, anger waning in favor of lust and weariness. She had flown hard with a bevy of emotions coursing through her; her tiring out was reasonable at this point. Yet she didn’t want it to end, she didn’t want to admit what she had been denying. She didn’t want to appear weak by falling before she had no choice but to fall. Yet logic won out in the end - if she were to push herself to exhaustion then she might not have the strength to twine tails with her chosen mate. Whichever male that might be. For all the silence he’d offered up until now Tryonilth’s bitter words now sprang forth as if the cork that held them back had just popped free. The way he nipped at her tail forks did not go unnoticed and she whipped her tail back and forth in an effort to smack his snout roughly. Among the clouds once more she looked down and behind her to see who was following still - thus far none of the males had bowed out; had they she would no doubt chase them down herself to make them regret such a choice.

”I hadn’t planned on letting you leave my bed until the morning anyway.” Smirking she peppered her lips against his neck and shoulder, following suit with a series of soft nibbles. Eager hands trembled from the chill that had settled in from the rain outside while their closeness worked to help warm her up. Slowly she worked her hands over his sides and back so she could etch every inch of his body into her memory. Working them forward she teased her fingers over his chest before slipping them lower on his abdomen - halting just at the curve of his pelvic region. All of her ached for more, for him. ”You will always have a place here with me, if you want it.”

It is time. It was an answer to Tryonilth’s prodding, his bitter question asked only because he expected the worst from her. While the cyan was capable of much worse she relented - he had risen to the bait and while the reaction had been different than expected it was a reaction all the same. Reith, who had followed along like an obedient servant, quiet but watching carefully all the while finally broke away and began his descent. Mysqith was not his prize to claim - his clutchsister was a fine female but she was not the one he wished to twine with. Choose well.

You flew. You failed… this time. All of the males would hear this message even though one of them had not failed. She knew without looking that some would take her dismissal at face value and leave - at least one was too stubborn to turn away so quickly. Only one weathered her storm on more than one occasion and came back for more. The others offered pleasantries, the promise of adventure or of momentary adoration. Only one offered something more stable - not in the way humans did but with comfort that he would be there; even if she did not wish him to be. His stubbornness matched hers and that was reason enough to have him. Wings continued to carry her forward but she no longer aimed to climb higher in the sky as she waited for the right moment. Without warning she turned with red surging through her facets as she practically threw herself at him. The lithe cyan crashed into the broader form of her chosen mate, claws digging in against him. Whiplike tail twined with his shorter one, not minding his stockier form as everything lined up the way it needed to. I choose you because it is what I wish. You weathered the storm well, Tryonilth.

Breath caught in her throat suddenly as in the skies their dragons locked together, the surge of pleasure and emotions emanating from her bonded only amplifying what she was experiencing beneath the sheets. It was a surprising choice, yet at the same time it made perfect sense to Ivy at least. She knew Mysqith’s heart and how it differed from the front she portrayed, it was not only her voice she masked but all of her when it came to others. There would likely be complications - Mysqith would likely never be wooed forever by one male alone, nor was she likely to become a flirtatious darling anytime soon. For now all that mattered was the sky, the way the dragons fell and the way their human counterparts met. The rest would be figured out later when the flames of their passions had been tamed.

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 08:50 AM
Weyrlingmaster

741 Posts
55 Marks

Dimissed.

Jaireth was stubborn in his own way, but he knew when to conceed defeat. Mysqith needed and wanted, but it was not he she called. Blood heated from the Chase, he followed for a short distance longer, the cyan yet to announce her suitor. But soon he dipped away. She would Fall with another. That was fine. It was a glorious Chase. Despite the rain that beat down in a blinding torrent and the ominous rumble from the clouds, it was worth it. A worthy Chase. So exciting. Dangerous.

Avoding the other suitors, he turned his path back to Dalibor. Ichor from his shallow cuts was washed away and but restlessness remained. Jaireth sought the ledge of his weyr. His, he noted, was neither home nor where he left him with Mysqith's. The iron took shelter from the storm. L'aars was occupied for the evening with a Flight of his own. Perhaps in the morning he would pay Sixwith a visit. Or not. He may just leave His there to figure out his own way home. He knew how to well enough. That way Jaireth could get an early morning bask in the sunlight before His decided it was time to start the day.

PMEmail
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 10:39 PM
Pridesecond

1319 Posts
1800 Marks

From what Higarath could tell one of the other suitors, an Iron, wasn’t as successful in not drawing the ire of Misqith though he wasn’t close enough to Jaireth to know the extent of his injuries though not likely to be serious since he continued for the moment. The flight couldn’t last much longer, after all Higarath was getting tired and the Cyan that he and the other males were chasing was smaller than the Blue was by a good margin and must have been even more tired. That meant that the flight had to be shorter than many of the larger female’s flights and it meant that he couldn’t spend as much time as he could trying to impress her.

Misqith decided eventually, though, joining together with Burgundy Tryonilth in a dive out of the sky leaving the other males behind and disappointed with one last message to leave them on before going their separate ways. Higarath could hardly stick around a flight that had already ended, and though disappointed it was more towards himself for not getting there earlier then again he didn’t know whether or not it would change anything. At least it ended close to the Weyr and though he was very tired the Blue managed to return to his weyr without landing to take a break.

PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Aug 31 2017, 07:55 AM
Senior Weyrleader

3920 Posts
285 Marks

The abuse was annoying, even at the best of times. Her constant assailing, her degradation, the onslaught of being constantly told, in flights and outside them, that he wasn't good enough for her...he'd nearly consigned her to the fate of choosing what he viewed - but had the good graces not to declare, unlike his brother and unlike herself - from lesser males.

Much as he'd told His, Yon made his proper sense of chivalry, coupled with his sharpened tongue, his armor. Nobody could use it against him, because he didn't let them. In the same vein, it was difficult to bow out, to wait for the rest to leave and then turn to go himself, leaving her unfulfilled much as she desired to do to the rest of them.

Perhaps so, there was no joy, no victory in his tone, and even as he might fly close to her, he neglected to allow her to swoop in so easily and pick him off, But even a great tree finally succumbs to the battering winds after so long trying to stand against them. Something you would do well to remember.

Tryonilth veered away from her, the Burgundy's tired wings straining not only under the length of time he'd been aloft - longer than any other - but under the drake's own weight. The slap to his maw from her tail was insult to injury.

Do not ground yourself, Tryonilth. Lost in the pleasures of the flesh with the woman who had hunted him for turns, and yet always just come too close to grab him, Lainn's mind was awash with the heat and need instigated by flightlust; but he could tell better than anyone when Yon felt slighted, and was willing to buck the common order of things to make a point. The fact you chased, means you are willing. Don't be a bastard.

Yon's lip curled, and begrudgingly the Burgundy allowed her to slam into him mid-flight, her claws raking long, merciless wounds along his hide, and sending a surge of pain through Lainn enough to make the Harper's eyes water. His teeth locked, and he growled, a sound mirrored by Yon as the Burgundy's maw slammed equally hard in a bite to her neck. He would not be the only one coming away with new scars.

Lainn's hands fisted in the mediums they'd found themselves in - one in Ivy's hair, the other in her sheets, the latter yanked up over the pair of them as his dragon remained locked in tandem with the female who seemed to hate him as much as she spoke to him. Once their communion was complete, Yon broke away and glided back to his ledge. From there, he ventured to the dragonhealers to see the claw marks cleaned up; they would leave the pale, broken lines across his otherwise red hide, and unlike most marks of honor, he carried no pride in them.

His was occupied. Once the healers had seen to him, he winged back up several candlemarks later to lick his wounds on his ledge, then retreating to his couch. Lainn wound himself in the sheets with his newfound partner, Ivy clutched against his chest when their union had finally come to an end some measure of time after his Burgundy had returned to his ledge.

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates