April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Dressmaker, [SU:18 - Frayya/Miridan]
Ives
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 12:40 AM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1418 Posts
1180 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Spring had been such a wonderful time. It was neither too warm nor too cold, though some days were chilly thanks to the rain that fell upon the western continent throughout the season. Now they were stepping away from the delightful spring and into summer - Frayya, for her part, was decidedly not a fan. Rather than cool rain there was heat, and it wasn’t just any heat but a heavy oppressive heat on the worst days - only slightly cooler on the best days. Dressing in light linen dresses helped to a certain degree with the heat but as there was nothing she could do about the large lump that had taken over her abdomen (nor the subsequent weight she had gained). The fact she was heavily pregnant did not work in her favor but rather than lay about complaining about it she was buzzing about the like a busy vtol. Moon Masque would be upon them mid-summer and with it a number of clients wanting the perfect dress or outfit. Some clients had requested more than one to avoid the faux paz of being seen in the same outfit two nights in a row.

Having run out of inspiration in the two weyrs she spent the most time in, her own and L’aars’, she waddled her way through the inner corridors down to the lower caverns. Wandering through the various store rooms she looked over the supplies to see if something piqued her interest. Surely there would be something in one of the rooms - if not it hardly mattered as she had a secondary reason for venturing into the lower caverns; her own store room had plenty of supplies she needed to bring back up to her weyr. Though she’d been spending a lot more time sleeping in the ironrider’s bed in the last few months she still used her weyr for her creations. In fact she’d been able to acquire a few more forms and spread her supplies out all over now that she wasn’t constantly there. Peeking in and out of the rooms as she passed she finally found one of the rooms used for storing weaver items, they weren’t hers to take but she could still look. ”Hmmm.” Leaning forward she squinted to read the baskets on the bottom shelf, one hand on the belly that was preventing her from crouching down properly. It was tiresome to be so large yet she’d endured it this long… by the end of the season they’d have a little girl or little boy rather than her swollen belly to dote upon. Though she’d been apprehensive at first (despite all of it being her idea) she’d grown to love the child in her belly in a way she didn’t think was possible. A sharp kick caused her to gasp, standing upright with both hands pressed to her belly to feel for more. The first time it had happened she’d been startled but now it was a welcome reminder of how strong the little one in her womb was, ”You’re already a handful aren’t you?”

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 02:37 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

102 Posts
5 Marks

Miridan moved through the caverns, coming up from refilling glows baskets as his chore for the day, thoughts of impressing and lesson running though his mind. Maybe a little bit of a snotty little candidate too for good measure. He hummed as walked, wondering what his next chore would be and when his next free day was, he had plans and ideas for what he could do. Maybe muck stalls again or brush out the runners there. Maybe he'd get some rider to take him for a visit to Western and his family. It'd been a while since the last time he'd seen his mother and he rather missed her. He even missed his siblings to be honest, though he had no doubt the lot of them would start bickering within a candlemark. He grinned at the thought and passed a room full of weaver stuff.

Grin fell off his face and he back tracked, the room that was supposed to be empty was not. Instead it was filled with a rather heavily pregnant woman. She looked familiar and Miridan struggled to place her name with her face. He should know who she was and it galled him that he couldn't think of her name. Miridan had lofty goals of impressing bronze and it was only right that a future kingrider knew everyone in the weyr.

He purposely made his steps a little heavy so he didn't frighten her, Miridan moved into the room just in time to hear her talking to her belly. He smiled lightly at the thought of mother speaking to child before he opened his mouth to ask politely, "Do you need help with something? I can carry it for you if you need me to."

@Ivy

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 01:28 AM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1418 Posts
1180 Marks

Footsteps in the hall passed, paused, and backtracked in short order and she turned her head in time to see the younger man enter. By his knots he was a Candidate, and polite at that. He wasn’t gaping at her belly despite the fact she felt big as a herdbeast - for that she was grateful. A thin lipped smile was offered, it was hard to do more when one had a small child bouncing around off their insides, and she gave a brief nod. ”If there’s a stool in the next room I could use a place to sit.” Had she known she’d be hit by a wave of nausea from her jaunt down to the lower caverns she would have stayed in her weyr. Unfortunately she could no more tell the future than her dragon could turn invisible, much as Sixwith seemed to think it was her normal state.

Sucking in a deep breath through her nostrils she released it through slightly parted lips, ”Don’t worry, I don’t think the baby is coming now.” Hurriedly she reassured the young man that she wasn’t going to pop - not that she was a healer to know one way or another. Yet this was not a new feeling, just unexpected for the time. Surely if it was time for her child to be born she would be feeling something different that she’d never felt before. Pest, for all that she embodied laziness, popped from between with a skin full of water from the kitchens. The green had been surprisingly helpful ever since Frayya began to show more of her pregnancy and encounter symptoms that went along with it.

@Jenn

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 06:33 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

102 Posts
5 Marks

"Sure thing," he told her with an answering smile and left to rummage in the next room for a stool. Miridan didn't often think Faranth that he was born with parts on the outside instead of the inside but today he was doing so. The lady in the other room looked uncomfortable and out of sorts and Miridan couldn't imagine having to deal with a belly full of baby. It almost made him not want to have children of his own some day, unsure whether he could put another person through something like that. Triumphant, he grabbed the stool he found and took it back to the other room. "Found one!" he said holding the thing up for her to see before setting it down again. His hand shot out for her to grip if she needed it and gulped audibly at her words.

Truth be told the candidate hadn't even given a thought to the baby coming at that moment and a look of fright was evident on his face before he squashed it down. "Not to worry," he reassured her, "It hadn't even crossed my mind." And he was glad of it! Miridan had been present for many births throughout his short life but never for the birth of a human. Not even his siblings, instead choosing to hide in the beastholds from the screeches that his mother gave out. Pepper gave a chip and croon as the cyan firelizard popped out from between to wrap around his shoulders. She chattered in what could only be a admonishment at the green, ensuring the other knew that Miridan was hers before settling more firmly against his neck. "Sorry about that," he apologized, "Pepper's a bit possessive and I can't quite get her to stop... I don't believe I remember your name." He knew she was a tanrider given her knots but for the life of him Miridan couldn't remember her name, "Mine's Miridan. Just let me know when you're done resting and we can gather up whatever you need."

@Ivy

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 06:59 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1418 Posts
1180 Marks

Were it not for her current state she would have made a show of sitting on the stool without aide - as it was she was so off balance she feared falling square on her arse if she tried alone. Gripping his forearm with her hand she waited until she felt his fingers tighten on her arm before lowering herself onto the stool with a soft ‘hmph’. Taking a deep breath she pressed both hands against her swollen middle to feel the little one inside moving about as if they were dancing at a Gather. Cheeks were slightly pink, no doubt from the way she was feeling with the mild pain shooting through her. Taking the waterskin that Pest had fetched she sucked down a long drink before recapping it and setting it aside on one of the tables. ”I forget sometimes that this,” patting her belly for effect, ”is calling the shots now. Not me.”

A thin lipped smile, more so for the younger man’s benefit than her own, was offered along with a nod. ”Thank you for your help, Miridan. My name’s Frayya and I’m sure you’ve probably seen my dragon about. Sixwith, she’s the “ghost” tan.” Lately the tan had taken an interest to in ‘haunting’ the barracks as well as random weyrs so she would have been surprised if he didn’t at least have some inkling who she was. ”Are you standing for dragons, whers, or both?” Nevermind it was the wrong time of day for a wher candidate to be up and about - he could be fairly new and still adjusting to the change in day and night cycles for all she knew.

@Jenn

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 11:55 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

102 Posts
5 Marks

He laughed as she patted the distended stomach, "It is rather large so to forget it runs the show is something of a miracle." He was still of a mind that he wasn't quite sure he'd ever want to put someone he loves (what was love really to a dragonrider?) through such a huge change. It looked painful and uncomfortable and Miridan was glad he wasn't a woman. He nodded when she explained who she was and who her dragon was. He knew who Sixwith was. The random and strange tan that he'd encountered once or twice during his stay in the candidate barracks. He didn't quite understand the complexities of the tan subqueens. They were an oddity to him but she'd given him something to laugh at when she tried to make herself known in a barrack she'd never fit in like Rivath.

"Ahhh Sixwith," he told her with a chuckle, "She's definitely an interesting one." He could be diplomatic when he wanted. "Dragons," he answered, "I don't think I enjoy whers as much as most people seem to." He could be honest, he didn't really appreciate the strangeness of whers and preferred the much cleaner and more orderly lines of the dragons. "Not that they don't seem to be great," he went on trying to save as much face as he could, "Just not my cup of tea." He hoped he hadn't offended her, she was quite nice and Miridan supposed making enemies of another rider was not the best thing he could have done.

@Ivy

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 01:00 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1418 Posts
1180 Marks

Ah so he did know of her dragon. She wasn't entirely surprised and idly she wondered if she should apologize for whatever it was the tan had done to make herself known. Then the subject changed back to why he was here - what he hoped to Impress on the sands. ”I never understood the draw to whers myself, but plenty of people seem to enjoy them.” She took no offense to the fact he favored dragons over their nocturnal kin. While many dragons differed in appearance she noted that whers were all over the place in that regard. Some she might not even have recognized as being a wher if she met it in a darkened place outside of the Weyr’s walls. ”To each their own.” A thin lipped smile followed as she did her best to relax. Relaxing - did she even recall what that truly felt like anymore? Someday she’d be back to normal, or so she hoped. ‘Normal’ may have a different meaning once she had a baby on her hip.

”So tell me, do they still send the candidates on mindless chores?” Frayya was lucky enough to have never learned first hand what the life of a candidate was really like. Her ideals of their lifestyle were based solely on what she had witnessed in the turns she’d lived at the Weyr, and the complaints she’d overheard in the dining hall from time to time.

@Jenn

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: May 16 2018, 09:30 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

102 Posts
5 Marks

"I suppose so," he agreed. He still didn't understand the draw to whers as much as she didn't. Whers in his estimation were far to chaotic. Most should be culled or had been culled. Plus they were kind of.. Well, ugly. He wouldn't tell Frayya that though, Miridan liked to voice his opinion most of the time, but this time it seemed more prudent to keep it to himself. He watched her try to relax as she sat on the stool he'd gotten for her. "Are you sure you don't want me to help you back to your weyr?" he asked, "It's no trouble at all if you need me too." He had no problem carting a pregnant woman back to her weyr so she could lay down. And by the looks of her, she probably needed some rest.

He blew out an amused breath and chuckled, "Do you think they'll ever stop sending candidates out on mindless chores?" He'd come from just one. Filling glowbaskets was mind numbingly boring, mindless, and something the drudges were fully capable of doing. He knew why he had to do them, had to learn a bit of character after all, but sometimes he thought a few of the drudges resented the candidates doing their jobs. "I'd call filling glowbaskets mind numbing," he chuckled before asking, "What was the one you disliked the most?" It was a random question, he knew, but maybe silly questions would help her take her mind off her discomfort for a bit. Maybe help her relax some more.

@Ives

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil