Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass
Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.
While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?
Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin
. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.
The Rules of Dalibor
Member Inventory: View
- Dalibor is a 2-1-2 on the RPG rating scale, rating 2 for language and violence, and a 1 for sexual content. This is to help the site adhere to jcink TOS. Mature/Adult themes and situations will crop up that are not strictly defined by this scale. Members should be at least 13 years of age and capable of handling complex themes.
- One account per person.
- Advertising should only be done in the appropriate board.
- If you will be gone for multiple days, post a message in the Say Goodbye board. Activity checks will be held twice a year to eliminate any inactive accounts.
- Signatures over 500px wide and avatars over 100px wide are automatically resized by the board. Signatures should not be more than 300px tall.
- All nonessential threads that have not had a post in 60-90 days will be moved to the archives. Threads that have been archived can be revived by request.
- Do not harass other players or the staff.
- Do not express OOC racism, sexism, etc.
- If you have an issue with another player that cannot resolved between the two of you, bring it to the attention of the staff with a PM addressed to all head admins and moderators. If you have an issue with a member of the staff or with the site, the procedure is the same. You can leave out a staff member on your PM if you wish, but understand that most issues will be discussed collectively.
- For general site suggestions, plots, and otherwise, visit the Suggestions board.
- View the New Rules/Guidelines post to learn more about current staff guidelines and changed or updated rules (outside of what is covered here).
HATCHINGS & FLIGHTS:
- IC posts should be at least 200 words long, with the exception of flight posts for pets (firelizards/pillies), which need only be at least 150 words long.
- IC posts should preferably be third-person, past-tense (first-person and present-tense are acceptable but not often used) and should obey general writing conventions: grammar and spellchecks, capitalization, etc.
- God-modding and power-playing are forbidden. Playing another person's character for them, or assuming certain actions happened to their character, should only be done with that player's permission.
- Plagiarism is unacceptable. Do not use the creations of others as your own. We do have adoptable characters here, but we consider them to belong to the originating player first, and to the site second - they must not be taken by an adopter to a different site. If the originating player wishes an adoptable character taken out of play at any time, we will do so. Otherwise indicate your preference as to what should be done with a character on your character sheet, in the section "Adoption Preference".
- Dalibor uses a fluid time scale: 2 OOC months = 1 IC season. Each of your characters can participate in as many threads as you can manage within that scale, but make sure your character does not talk or know about events that happen later in the season.
- Refer to the Character Creation Guide when making characters.
- HADs/HAWs/HAFs are only acquirable through the store. No exceptions will be made.
- Keep realism in mind when portraying your characters. For example, infant dragonets grow incredibly quickly; most will not be welcome in the kitchens or other internal areas of the Weyr after their first month or two. Candidates and weyrlings are generally supervised, and IC rules and consequences are posted on the bulletin boards of their respective barracks. Most dragonriders do not get pregnant accidentally, because they go between on a regular basis.
- Try not to let personal feelings about characters and events inform your character's feelings and reactions. Make sure your character only knows about things (for personal or sitewide plots) that they could realistically know about.
- We welcome and encourage our players to come up with and enact plots, but we do ask that a staff member be informed during the plotting stages about anything that would result in widespread ramifications. It is best to err on the side of caution here.
- Upon joining each player receives 2 character creation and 2 adoption slots.
At 30 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (4 character creation/4 adoption).
At 150 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (6 character creation/6 adoption).
At 300 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (8 character creation/8 adoption)
At 700 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (10 character creation/10 adoption)
At 1200 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (12 character creation/12 adoption)
At 1600 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (14 character creation/14 adoption)
At 2000 posts the player receives 2 more of each slot (16 character creation/16 adoption)
Every 500 posts thereafter the slots increase by 2 for both character creation and adoption slots.
Administrators and moderators receive double the normal amount of slots.
- Upcoming flights and hatchings can be found here, along with further explanation of clutching requirements. In general, staff will not deny a non-clutching flight, though we try to space them out.
- Flights are a normal part of Weyr life and do typically result in sex. Dalibor allows substitution and views it as a common practice, but the absence of a rider/handler's one true love does not mean they will not have sex as a result of Flight. However, both rider and dragon/wher must be comfortable enough with each other and with the situation for Flights to occur. Females will not Rise and males will not Chase if it would be traumatic for the rider. We require human characters to be at least 16 for a Flight to occur. Please tailor Flights to characters as appropriate.
- Many female fighter Flights and Runs take place off-camera in the game, while non-fighter Flights and Runs may be played on camera or depicted off-screen through alternative threads. View the clutching information to find out more.
- Hatching injuries may happen, if you have a preference please place it in your application.
- If there is an issue regarding the dragon/wher your character Impresses it is unacceptable to complain in the hatching thread, cbox, or via PM to the hatchrunner. The appropriate course of action is contacting the staff via PM in order to discuss any issue you may have regarding your character's impression. Complaints based solely on color are not permitted as every player has the opportunity to fill out preferences for individual characters.
1. No advertising.
2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.
3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.
4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)
Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy