Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass
Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!
Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin
. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.
OOC Hatching Etiquette
|Oodles of Fun
Member Inventory: View
Hatchings are one of the biggest reoccurring events on Dalibor as a site, and they're a lot of fun! To make sure they stay fun for everyone involved, though, here are our standard guidelines for what's considered polite behavior for players during and following a hatching.
- If you have one or more candidates for a clutch, tag them into the clutch as soon as you can (as allowed by real life, etc.) The hatchrunner cannot make Impressions to characters that are not posted in the hatching thread.
- Avoid giving spoilers about Impressions before being given an indication that the player of the Impressee has seen the Impression. After they acknowledge the Impression in cbox or in the Hatching thread, it is safe to congratulate them, discuss what will come, etc.
- Avoid complaining about Impressions in cbox - this includes yours AND those of other players! It's insensitive to the hatchrunner and to whoever might be excited about getting their match. Remember, this is a game with many players - play nice, and consider if your OOC comments are spoiling their fun. If you have concerns about Impressions or hatching conduct, please PM the admin/mod team.
- Avoid harassing the hatchrunner for more Impression posts, faster Impression posts, or other Impression-related information. While we understand that hatchings are exciting and everyone is looking forward to seeing more babies and more bondings, hatchings can be busy and stressful times for the hatchrunner and pressure to post faster is rarely appreciated. Staff keeps tabs on hatching pace and will communicate with the hatchrunner if there is an issue.
- Hatchrunners are heavily discouraged from holding babies "hostage" for a certain number of posts. Participants are encouraged to post reactions as assistance to help give the hatchrunner things to feed off of, but a certain pace (defined in the hatching sign-up page) is expected of the hatchrunner.
- Unless prevented by real life, it's polite and expected that you will accept your character's new bonded via an Impression post, even a short one. Not doing so often implies that you don't like or accept the Impression, or don't care enough to play it, which devalues the hatchrunner's hard work.
1. No advertising.
2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.
3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.
4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)
Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy