Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Almost Barks and Definitely Bites., SP:18; Slate Class 6-9 Months Lesson
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:57 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3942 Posts
53 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Look ree-dika-luss.
Your face looks ridiculous.
No, Isk think Ijo look absolutely ree-dika-luss.

The Brown was shaking his head.

How else will they learn? I'm not about to have them bite someone else. They're babies, I don't want their teeth hurting anyone else.
Not so much baby anymore. Is get big. Real big. Isk worry.
I'll be fine. If they bite through this, I'll frankly be surprised, but what's a bit of blood between lessons and Wherlings, right?
Still look ree-dika-luss.

Ijo eyeballed his Brown, and Isk snorted curtly through his nostrils, before he huffed a sigh and sat on his haunches, which put him taller than His. Twitching his tail, he sized up His with his remaining good eye, before he bespoke his Slate Class.

Slate babies-not-babies, come out, come out. Have lesson. Come see Ijo, think look ree-dika-luss, but we see, right? Have fun train today, but warn. Not hurt Isk's.
"It'll be fine, lovely. Just relax."

The newest class of Wherlings came out into the Bowl, to find their Wherlingmaster garbed head to toes in a dog-training suit. The thick padded leather armor was freshly repaired. It smelled terrible to the Brownhandler, but to wherets, it probably didn't smell that bad. He had the helmet off, his curly hair bound back at the crown of his head. He smiled cheerfully, though the bags under his eyes betrayed how much of a toll the two-classes-at-once were taking on him.

"Good morning, my Wherlings! Today's lesson is very important! Well, they're all important, but this one, you'll use more than probably any of the other ones. Today, you and your wherets will be learning how to tackle and take down trespassers and Weyr infiltrators. Namely, myself, but you'll each take a turn in the suit. That's right, all of you are going to learn how much punch a Wheret actually has, and how much a Wher actually does - it will give you an idea of just how much difference there is between the two. It will also teach your wherets where to bite, and how to hold someone effectively to prevent them from getting away until they've been caught and restrained.

This is very important, especially at this Weyr. All of you have probably heard about our assassinations from the past, and about the Traditionalist issues as well. Dragons cannot kill people unless expressly directed by their Rider, and even then, most Dragons will not. Whers, however, do not have that issue. While I hope you never have to resort to that, those of you who will be patrolling as Priderunners, the option may arise, and I want you to be prepared if you have to be. You can see, now, I hope, why Wherhandlers and their Whers are so important, let alone all the work we do on the ground level to keep Thread from killing crops, animals, and people, if it's managed to slip past the dragons above."

He patted the armor pieces, checking to make sure all of them were secured firmly, and that they weren't going to accidentally slip and let a part of his actual body be exposed.

"When I say go, one at a time, you will stage yourselves here by Isk. You will put your wher on alert, as if you were on patrol, and I will begin running. Order me to halt, at which point I won't - once I've gone past the stake there with the bit of white cloth on it, order your wheret to attack. Your wheret must bring me completely down to the ground, and hold me there - naturally this won't be difficult with the suit, but we'll see - until you reach me from that point and kneel on my back. You must order your wheret off, and have them watch me until I give you the all clear to disengage."

Isk muffled a growl, huffing from his place. Naturally, the Brown wasn't at all entertained by the prospect of anyone putting His in the dirt, but Ijo was right. It was better to learn with him, than with someone who might do something accidentally to hurt his wherlings.

"Once all four of you have taken a turn, then one by one you will be each traded out with me, and put in the suit. I will play the part of the Handler, and you will have to play out the same situation, only this time it's you in the suit. You'll learn what the bite force of your own growing wheret feels like, their weight, and how effective they can be when tackling people. This is an exercise we'll be undertaking again when they're fully grown, so that you can see the difference.

Once everyone has had a turn, we'll head inside for breakfast. I want you to tell me, at that point, something you've learned about your Bonded in the last nine months, and something your Bonded has learned about you. Please, nothing that will embarrass the other, though I don't think I have to go into that. At this point, I believe both of you understand what will and what won't for the other. Are there any questions?"

[OOC: Wherets are instructed to bite around the legs/arms and use their weight to throw Ijo to the ground/throw their Handler to the ground when that point arrives. All Wherlings will have a turn in the suit, and then everyone will be heading inside to the Dining Hall, where there is breakfast for both wherlings and wherets. Your chars must feed their wherets first, and then they themselves can eat; Ijo won't ask for the new thing about your char/bonded until after everyone's eaten and is having some Klah. Post the lesson/breakfast question, all wherlings have the rest of the evening off.]

@Captain @Boo @Rowana @Zane

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:08 AM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
278 Marks

Vatask quirked a brow at Ijo's getup, glancing down to Vatask, whom was looking as smug as ever. What looked like a thick metal collar rested on her neck, a chain holding it together so it could be adjusted as she grew, bearing a large orange stone in the center. Her wings were tucked at her back as she watched the scenario patiently, following what was said and looking up to Vatalian, eyes swirling with excitement.

Fun. Was all she said, though Vatalian would swear she was grinning.

"You heard him," Vatalian nodded. "On alert!" Vatask hopped up, head cocked, clearly listening. He let Ijo run, shouted at him to halt, was clearly ignored and then Vatalian nodded. When word was given, Vatask took off after Ijo, hurling herself at him and bowling him over where she promptly sat on him, snarling until Vatask trotted up and got into position, pinning Ijo until he was given the all clear and then helping the man up.

Did good. Was fun.
"You say that because you get to do the biting and tackling. I have to wear the suit." Vatalian bemoaned, looking less than thrilled at the prospect.

Open @RhiaBlack - Have an orange bowling ball to the face.

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds
Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith |
L'ru of Green Syrath |Z'ant of Green Lyraleth |
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth |
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin
PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 06:34 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

2963 Posts
1015 Marks

They arrived promptly. Raela had been dedicating all her time and attention to the lessons, going so far as to continue practising into the early morning at times. This was yet another lesson she intended to get perfectly correct. Ever since Ijo had come after them that night, she had gained new respect for the man and although she lived her life worried that yet another of her family would be sent after her, she found that with every day the concern faded slightly. She listened intently to the instructions and tried to ignore the mounting thrill from her wher. He was not violent or bloodthirsty necessarily but this seemed exciting to the viridian.

Shall be a wonderful demonstration of my skill. Chasing knowledge.
Knowledge?
Raela didn't see how much knowledge could be in this particular task.
How tackle most appropriate of course.
The fact that she too was going to have to be tackled by Raelsk did not do much to comfort Raela, she knew he would take a little too much pleasure from knocking her to the ground.

It was their turn. Vatask and Vatalian had done well there was a lot of control between the pair. They followed suit, walking along at attention. She shouted at Ijo to stop and then took the time to control Raelsk who had already tried to go bounding after him. Fortunately, the viridian stopped. It was a game to him. The thought of threatening the assailant flowing through the wher's mind. Just pretend to attack, then stop then pretend again and then finally actually do it. Terror, that's what he wanted to see.

Finally, he hit the white post and Raelsk charged after Ijo at top speed, launching himself at the man's legs to knock him to the ground and then jumping on his chest.
Nicely done although you really needed to wait longer.
Nah. Still worked.

user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates