April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Spring, 19th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Wonder

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Ingoth

The Expedition of the previous season proved to be far less dangerous than possibly any before, with a handful of newly discovered species, and plenty of wealth in the way of resources. As the snow melts, the cold retreats, and bright green buds of Spring burst forth, Dalibor sets its sights on the future as Red Ingoth lays her first clutch upon the sands of the Hatching Ground and the Weyr prepares for another hatching full of possibilities.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Breaking Free...Believe It!, AU:18 {Cereza's First Hatching}
Ruriko
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:22 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

633 Posts
305 Marks
Member Inventory: View

There were nine eggs sitting perfectly in the large, clay pot of sand that Azaril had helped Cereza perfectly tend for the past few sevendays now. Two eggs, the the apprentice Harper had found at the beach only a couple of days ago, sat aside in a pot and looked equally ready to hatch at any given time. Eleven eggs. She certainly didn't want them all for herself. The one in the pot, even, she would have simply been happy to see choose someone who didn't have a firelizard of their own. She felt lucky to have one, let alone two, to call her own. Not to mention the slew of other creatures that saw the girl now living in a larger room to accommodate them all. Her little 'family' had grown substantially. She had been lonesome after her sister had transferred once more. Yet it was hard to be, now. She could hardly say she was alone.

Laying off to one side of her was Fenris, the blue-grey and white icehowler who was now so big, she could have ridden on his back, perhaps, had she wanted to. Naga, too, was just about the largest canine Zari had ever seen. A great, white, fluffy beast that was a big softie unless her human or 'family' was in danger or threatened. She'd had to keep a close eye on Pabu, her ferret, since the eggs had been laid and brought in. He was an intelligent little thing, and yet he wanted to eat just about everything in sight. Very trainable, she had gotten him to leave the firelizard eggs alone, finally. She still wouldn't have trusted him alone with them. He was far too curious and gluttonous for her to trust him with anything he might have wanted to eat at one point. Her other firelizard, Alucard, had been her first, save Thanatos, her runner. Alucard was three now. It was hard to believe so much time had passed since her arrival at Dalibor Weyr. Three turns. Fenris, Naga and Pabu were already a turn old. Time flew, just like it had while the eggs were hardening.

She sat at her desk, dutifully working on her latest ballad. She loved music, and being a Harper. She was still very shy, but at least she could manage to hold conversations a bit better now. At sixteen, she was sure that by the time she was ready to walk the tables, she would be capable of not being so anxious while doing so. This ballad was her attempt at expressing that--a person trying to break free from their shell, as it were. Just like the eleven firelizards in the egg were about to do, unknown to the girl. Yet Cereza knew. She sat atop them, a dutiful clutchmother, and noticed immediately when she felt them move, she began to hum, a sound Azaril had certainly never heard her make before. She still knew what it meant, and nearly dropped her quill in surprise. They were hatching? But it felt too soon! There was no one about to let people know! She stood quickly, pushing her chair back so rapidly that it just about fell over, and she nearly tripped trying to get out into the corridor. She bumped right into another person, and looked up, blinking in surprise. That person had the knots of a weyrling! Well, this was fortunate...

"Um, they're hatching! There's eleven of them--firelizards--and they're hatching! Can you...?"

Kat had been asked to deliver a letter to a crafter in the lower caverns, and was on her way back when suddenly, a girl a little younger than she was came out of one of the rooms and bumped into her. Blue eyes met green, as the girl--an apprentice Harper by her knots--immediately began speaking. The redweyrling was caught off guard, but as the words registered, she understood. Shardit...was Akashath even going to relay the message, simply because she asked? She had been getting far better at controlling the red in some regards. In others, though, it was a near-constant battle.

'Aka, can you please let the Weyr know that there's a firelizard clutch hatching in the lower caverns, in this room.'

The red was amused. She'd never bespoken the Weyr before. Because it pleased her to address all of the pathetic humans and their lesser-than-she dragons and whers, she felt it was in her interests to do so. Because she wanted to. Not because Hers had asked. She sent a clear mental image--she had ever been good with sending pristine and clear images--to accompany her words. It showed what Kat saw precisely. Anyone who had ever been there would know, and those who had not could find it easily enough.

People of Dalibor, I would have you know there are eleven firelizard eggs hatching here. If you want one of the pathetic creatures, go right on ahead and try to Impress one of my lesser kin. Her mind voice was rather eerie to someone who might not have heard it before. Sinuous, sensuous, and with that ever present underlying tone of 'dangerous'. Convinced her desire to bespeak the Weyr was fulfilled, she went back to sunning. Freshly bathed and oiled, she was content to do that. Kat rarely left her alone for long. Yet their Weyrlingmaster knew of Aka's tendencies, and so did his dragon. She was grateful for their help in managing the red. She might have been 'alone'...but not truly. Part of Kat's training was to leave her alone for short periods of time, longer and longer until she could be left alone and Kat's will alone could keep her from doing anything horrid.

Kat, meanwhile, would have been content to simply be on her way, with her 'job' done. Yet as she turned to go, Azaril, by now super nervous the eggs were all going to hatch and she'd be stuck with eleven firelizards--bringing her faire to thirteen!--suddenly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her into the room with her.

"Please stay?" The girl's green eyes were wide and pleading, and before Kat could even answer, one of the shells burst open with a hole, and a green eye was seen looking through. It was one of the larger eggs, and it was not a wonder why as suddenly the head of a brown thrust through, startling both Kat and Azaril by giving a very terrifying--for a firelizard hatchling--roar! Judging by his head, he was huge. Kat pursed her lips, glancing behind her. Azaril was still holding her arm, though, and she could soon hear people approaching. She didn't want another firelizard at the moment. She had two--a blue and a cyan--and Aka was enough of a handful to not want a new hatchling. Still, she nodded slowly, not wanting to say 'no' to the girl who was clearly begging with her eyes for her to stay. She might have agreed to stay, but she stepped further back into the room, noting just then all the other animals in there. How could she have missed them? She'd been so taken aback that she hadn't seen the icehowler or giant canine for a moment. The apprentice likely had her hands full--it was no wonder she wanted to give these to others! The clutchmother, Kat saw and nearly snorted a laugh, was a red.

OOC: Hey there Daliborians! Full disclosure here, because I don't want people to get disappointed when six of these eggs hatch and they're not for you guys. I paid Ruin to do the art--full credit to her, it's amazeballs!--and had a ton of tokens I needed to use so figured I would use a bunch of them here. I'm going to let you know the colors of these in advance, because I don't feel right having them hatch out and then you're all hoping for one of these in particular. So, there is a red, orange, tan, bronze, blue and black in here that are tokens of mine, for my characters that show up. The other five are for all of you, and I hope whomever Impresses one will love them as much as I do! c:

1. Orange - Silvyre
2. Pink - K'ton
3. Brown - Caelen
4. Green - Orissa
5. Blue - Inali

6. Bronze - Azaril
7. Blue - Azaril
8. Black - Keirian
9. Red - Kataya
10. Orange - Azaril
11. Tan - Azaril
PMEmail
^
Jenn
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:39 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

154 Posts
207 Marks

Ironth had heard of yet another firelizard hatching. Ironth had once again conned his rider into attending. K'ton was once again standing around waiting for the little buggers to hatch, hoping once more one took a shine to him to keep Ironth happy. Noisy of course cared not a wit whether K'ton managed to snag himself a playmate for the iron and was currently snuggled deeply in with the blue he adored just as much as K'ton.

It is Akashath's rider who has the firelizard came the whispered statement.

Indeed, K'ton whispered back. For some reason Ironth was not impressed with the red weyrling they were in command of. Though Ironth was firm and in control during their lessons, the blue had decided that Akashath had too much hatred for things who were not her rider or herself. K'ton could only roll his eyes when Akashath was being Akashath. Reds. They were a dragon he'd never understand.

"G'day to you Kataya," he came to a stop as the large brown firelizard popped his head out of the shell that contained him, "Fine looking brown there." Truthfully he didn't much care whether the firelizard was fine or not but he could be polite just the same. Noisy took the opportunity to abandon Ironth and came from between with a displacement of air, wrapping himself around K'ton's neck to watch with intense curiosity at the shuddering eggs.

PM
^
Lynn
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:42 AM
Apprentice

N/A

55 Posts
0 Marks

Silvyre was heading towards the kitchens to get started for the day, grumbling about having somehow overslept, when a darkly sensuous voice invaded their mind.

People of Dalibor, I would have you know there are eleven firelizard eggs hatching here. If you want one of the pathetic creatures, go right on ahead and try to Impress one of my lesser kin.

Shuddering in distaste-they really hated when dragons did that without asking!-they continued on, not paying any mind at all to the image that came along with the message. They had far too much to do, things to experiment with, new tastes to try, to really pay it any mind. They had no need of a small pain in the butt as it was anyways.

Unfortunately for them, they were headed right for trouble. And they had no idea....

Kerita: Journeyman Herder (Beasthealer) / Dalibor Weyr
Silvyre: Apprentice Baker / Dalibor Weyr
PM
^
summerrain
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 11:35 AM
Apprentice

N/A

135 Posts
0 Marks

Caliska drew her bow and fired, sinking another arrow into the target. For some reason, she just hadn't been able to sleep that day. She sighed and slipped her bow back into the quiver, then went to retrieve her arrows. She had just pulled the last one free of the target when the call sounded in her head, surprising her enough that she dropped the arrow, which clattered against a rock before rolling to a stop against her foot. She stooped to pick it up, being careful to keep her other arrows from falling, and added it to the rest.

A flit, huh? Well, the rules didn't say she couldn't get a bonding pet. Just that they weren't allowed to get non-bonding pets that weren't already fully grown. And a smart flit, she could train to help her in hunts too. If it was female, she could take it back to the caravan and give them any eggs it happened to clutch. Finally, she began to make her way through the caverns to the location the dragon had supplied, only to find that a Brown had already hatched by the time she found it.

"Mind if I join in?" she asked, slipping through the doorway.

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 12:17 PM
Priderunner

N/A

168 Posts
6905 Marks

"Cae, you know you want one." Emira's voice was quiet, accompanied by a light chirp from her pink.

The aforementioned candidate grinned self-deprecatingly, glancing away from his sister. Okay, so he was a little jealous of his siblings, both of whom had Impressed fire lizards in the past few months. Maeda had shown herself to be useful when she had grown, and Reyna... well. The Tan was certainly interesting, and both flitts had perked up his siblings. Caelen was especially thankful for the Pink - Emira had been much more open since she inadvertently Impressed.

"I don't want to be shirking on my chores. Especially with a clutch coming up," he replied, turning his attention back to his mending. A good chore, he thought, considering he could spend time with his sister while doing it.

"I know," Emira demurred, "but raising a flitt would show you're responsible." She smiled lightly, knowing her brother enough that it would pique his interest further. She set her own stitching to the side, walking over to the chair that Caelen sat in. "C'mon." He sighed, then reached to take the hand, only to find a Pink flitt nuzzling him. He smiled.

"Okay."

Emira led the way through the lower caverns, knowing better where the apprentice caverns were, then stood back as they approached Azaril's room. She didn't want to be part of the crowd, largely because of her shyness but also because she didn't want to tempt a flitt away from someone who deserved it. The weaver had her Pink, and that's more than she could ever imagine.

"Hello," Caelen greeted cheerfully enough, glancing between those gathered. Who was it that had the mother, again? His eyes settled on apprentice knots. "Thank you," he said in advance, despite the fact that getting a flitt was not guaranteed. His attention then shifted to the handsome Brown buy crawling out of his shell, and a wistful smile spread across his face.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 12:50 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1452 Posts
1550 Marks

Rider would be amiss if he didn’t keep tabs on the progeny of his bronze. Ascent was ever so proud of winning the red’s flight and he’d taken to bringing her gifts and doting upon her as she grew heavy with eggs. Was he entirely dedicated to the female? Probably, at least until the next female rose. He was a fickle beast and would likely always chase after pretty females in the skies; though if Cereza tolerated his presence he might be convinced she was the only one for him. Only time would tell. Regardless of the future between the winged creatures Rider knew the red would clutch and he wanted to see just what the pairing would lead to. Would there be a lot of eggs or only a few? Would there be another bronze hatched? Oh he hoped not - Ascent was already somewhat intolerable and the pride he’d feel from siring another him would make him downright insufferable.

It came as a surprise when a draconic voice called out that the hatching was imminent - not a surprise that it was happening, he’d been around enough clutches (wher, dragon, and firelizard) to know how long the eggs took to harden. Simply that it was being announced by a dragon when he knew for a fact the red’s bonded was only a crafter. Weaving through the tunnels of the lower caverns he came upon the room a few minutes after the entire Weyr had been alerted to the hatching. Leaning in the doorway his lithe form was unlikely to block anyone’s path, though he would move if needed. Peering in he saw he was far from the first to arrive and he gave a knowing smile to Azaril if he caught her eye. There were plenty of eggs and as he looked from the clutch to the faces in the room he idly began to wonder who might Impress what.

People of Dalibor, I would have you know there are eleven firelizard eggs hatching here. If you want one of the pathetic creatures, go right on ahead and try to Impress one of my lesser kin. That voice… it left her feeling cold and instinctively she curled her left hand against her body. It was the one voice in a Weyr full of them that Mysqith would never ever mimic. Her stomach felt as though it had flipped and despite knowing the red was far too large to be in the dining hall she turned in a slow circle, ice blue eyes darting around to be sure she wasn’t there. Sweat beads formed along her hairline as memories from the hatching trickled through her mind.

You are safe, she cannot harm you here. I will not let her. They both knew that the cyan might have stood a chance when the red was a hatchling but now… now was an entirely different story. Yet there was no doubt in the rider’s mind that her dragon would fight the red tooth and claw to the death if it meant keeping Ivy safe. I know, I know. There was a pause before she added, Don’t tell Tryonilth, I don’t want C’lainn to worry about me.

While the cyanrider was having a negative reaction to the red’s mind voice a young woman seated nearby was only filled with curiosity. Firelizard eggs? Demeter was the only firelizard she owned and while she had plenty to do around the Weyr keeping up with her daily duties and then training and grooming her canines she could surely find time for another. Her green was dedicated and well trained, it wouldn’t take much to train another one would it? Snatching the meatroll she’d been eating off her plate she made her way from the dining hall through the corridors until she found herself near the rooms reserved for crafters. It didn’t take too long to figure out which one was the one with the firelizards - a small group of people had amassed both inside the room and in the doorway. Quietly slipping past the handler in the entry Ruliana rocked onto her tiptoes to see past the taller people and get a good look at the clutch.

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 01:58 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

633 Posts
305 Marks

As the first person arrived, Azaril heaved a sigh of relief. He was a dragonrider--and the weyrlingmaster!--so she really hoped that he might Impress one of the firelizards here today. He already had a little iron too, it seemed! She had heard there had been another red hatching not too long ago. It would be nice if he could get one for a friend for him, she thought! He addressed Kat, and not her. She wouldn't have dared to correct him, a dragonrider and weyrlingmaster. It wasn't really important whose eggs they might have been. Especially since she fully intended for them to Impress to whomever came, and not herself. So, she said nothing, only colored slightly and smiled at the man.

Kat, however, felt that credit should go to the person offering the eggs, and not herself. So, with a polite nod, she replied,

"Good day Weyrlingmaster K'ton. He is, isn't he? Azaril's red did pretty well for herself." She knew he probably thought--as just about everyone here might, who did not know Azaril and the fact that she was the owner of the red--that because Aka had been the one to send the summons, that it was her own clutch. It would be cleared up soon enough, though. She had moved even further back as people began filing in one after the other. Another girl poked her head inside, and Azaril's face brightened, as she shook her head emphatically.

"Please do! Come in," she invited, motioning to the empty spot on the floor in front of the table. Two people! Were more going to come in as well? She hoped so! Just as she was thinking this, a young man joined the group. He thanked her and she blushed furiously. "It's Cereza's clutch, but you're very welcome," she replied shyly, green eyes warm and clearly happy with the fact more people were turning up.

The person to show up next brought a huge smile to the girl's face. She was still shyly blushing--when it came to boys or young men it was the worst!--and it did not go away for the appearance of the young man whose bronze had sired Cereza's clutch. There had been some rather new, fairly intense feelings during that flight, and with Rider's bronze having one, she couldn't even look at the man straight without turning a furious crimson. Today was no difference, and yet still, she was happy to see him and Ascent. The bronze had been doting on Cereza, and while she could be a testy creature, she was less volatile than some reds, and clearly enjoyed his attentions--even if she pretended otherwise some days, and was a little short tempered. Still, with the passing days where he brought her things and doted on her, she had been far less so as time went on.

"Rider! So glad you came--I hope you Impress one." Her tone was full of warmth and sincerity. She really did, after all. It was his firelizard who'd won the flight. There were, of course, no guarantees. Yet there were enough eggs here, really. Then another young woman entered, and Azaril smiled at her, too, though she seemed so fascinated with the clutch that she tip-toed right on past and in. No matter, Azaril didn't blame her, nor expect anyone to say anything--she was just excited that these people had all come! Fenris, well trained as he was, and Naga, watched quietly from their respective spots. Pabu, who had been sleeping on the bed, now sat up on his hind legs, seeming to inspect all the people, while Alucard kept a wary eye on them.

Azaril had moved near the door to peek her head out and see who else was coming. When a girl who didn't look like she had any firelizard about her was passing, she reached out, gently grabbed her arm, and did as she'd done to Kat--went and pulled her right on into the room. She smiled apologetically and pointed to the pot on a small table that had been brought into the room for it. She'd placed the other pot with the two eggs not belonging to Cereza on the dresser. Yet as she was about to open her mouth to explain she really would love if the girl stayed and Impressed one, one of the eggs in Cereza's pile split neatly down the middle. So perfectly, the shell pieces fell in half, and out from the egg emerged a stunning orange. She was a multitude of lighter and darker oranges--almost reddish, in some places. Oh, she was a beauty, wasn't she! She rose out from that egg, flying into the air with neat precision, and landing on the back of the chair nearby. She seemed to regard each of the people in the room as though making a weighty decision. Who would she spend the rest of her life with? It wasn't a decision she made lightly. Yet when that gaze came to rest on the person Azaril had suddenly pulled on into the room, she knew. She rose gracefully, ignoring everyone else, and hovered in the air right in front of the pale-haired individual, eyes swirling the rainbow of Impression.

user posted image

Orange - #e4701e
Impressed to Silvyre!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: This orange is a stunner, no doubt about it! She ranges in color from lighter, near-yellow-orange, to medium, and then to a near-reddish-orange. Her proportions are beautiful, as well. Lithe and graceful, yet with a bit of a broader chest, muscular toned limbs and a tapered waist, she will grow to be a beauty any male would be lucky to catch! Nothing is out of proportion. Her tail is long and limber yet strong looking, her neck curved and graceful, neither too long, nor too short, and her wings are slightly more streamlined to give her greater speed and agility in the air.

Personality: This orange, true to her color, is a little vain and overconfident. Yet it is not the extremes that many oranges reach by far. It is merely that she knows her own strengths and how lovely a creature she truly is, and knows her worth. She will insist on being cared for well, just as she watches out and cares for Silvyre. Among all of Cereza's children, she is the most queenly despite her red clutchsister's powerful presence. She could lead, or she could follow, and will be content to either be Silvyre's one and only, or to have a faire one day. It matters not if a gold or copper is Impressed, or a dragon. ____ will dutifully protect and lead them all, for that is what she is capable of being: a true leader.

She is not short on courage nor bravery, and is a very intelligent, competent firelizard. Silvyre will have no troubles training her to do as she wishes, so long as she is kind and treats _____ right. She will insist on being oiled or bathed on the regular--she is an orange, and a little queen, after all! She will not allow Silvyre to forget her, fear her, or neglect her in any way--not that once Silvyre sees how wonderful she truly is, she would ever even think such a thing! With her unending patience and perseverance, loyalty and bravery, there is no doubt in anyone's mind--especially not ______'s!--that Silvyre will come to see mutated colors in a different light bit by bit. Who knows, after all, what the future holds? _____ may not be the only mutated color Silvyre will see in her life. _______ is set to prepare her for that time, should it come!

Why Silvyre? Originally I had selected another flit for Silvyre. Yet when comparing the personalities and reading Silvyre's bio, it became immediately clear to me that this was the better match. Silvyre needs a mutation color that can show her they aren't at all bad, simply because the color of their hide. _____'s patience, loyalty, bravery and wisdom will really help her to come to feel attachment to her new little lifelong friend, and perhaps prepare her for a day when this may not be the only mutated color in her life!

Made By: Ruriko
Art By: Ruin
Inspiration: Samus Aran - Metroid

Azaril, for one, was delighted. Of course she had no clue of what Silvyre wanted. They had their own opinions on the mutated colors, but the apprentice Harper had no clue of that. Instead, she said warmly,

"Congratulations! She's beautiful." She was, too. Azaril really was happy for the girl, and yet the brown suddenly smashed the remainder of his egg, and tumbled out onto the tabletop. He upset two more eggs, in doing so. They fell and rolled side by side, and Azaril feared they'd up and go right off the table! However, they stopped short, and broke shell at the same time. The first was a bronze, and he was another lovely specimen, but she wasn't sure who was more so: him or the blue. The brown was a warm, rich color, but he didn't seem pleased. He turned and smashed the top of the smallest egg there, and Azaril raised a hand, not sure if she ought to put a stop to his rampaging or not...the egg top was broken, but there were strange sounds coming from it...was that a firelizard version of...laughter?
PMEmail
^
Lynn
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 10:33 PM
Apprentice

N/A

55 Posts
0 Marks

Silvyre was more than content to keep walking on by. Even if they hadn't noticed the Hatching itself, they couldn't miss the crowd of people who filled the room as they went by. When Azaril grabbed their arm, they blinked, startled enough that they followed her tug without initial resistance.

It took them just long enough to realize what was going on that the Orange was Hatched and flying towards them before they could react. A low, animalistic hiss was released and they firmly grabbed hold of Azaril's hand and removed it from their arm before the little monster could actually TOUCH them, backpedaling out the door they'd just been pulled through. The flitter followed, rainbows in her eyes, and much to their disgust they felt her mind attempting to wrap with their own. "NO!" they snapped venomously, and the Orange stopped moving forwards, startled.

They then turned and stalked down the hallway, away from the little freak and the rest of her kin, as well as the humans stupid enough to risk themselves just to have one.

The Orange cocked her head, watching her human retreat from her, feeling their disgust, their fear, their pain, and overwhelming everything else, their fury. Fury at her, fury at the poor human who'd pulled them into the room. The little flit herself was grateful to the human for making sure Her's had been there for her to find. She might have had to settle for one of those unworthy things still in there if she hadn't. Or worse yet, try to survive in the WILD. A delicate shudder ran through her slender form, ancestral memories telling her that the wild was a dirty, nasty place with far too many dangerous things.

No, she would remain here. And she would make sure her human accepted her. It would take time though, she thought as she darted after them. But she had it.

She had their whole lives...

Kerita: Journeyman Herder (Beasthealer) / Dalibor Weyr
Silvyre: Apprentice Baker / Dalibor Weyr
PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 07:25 PM
Priderunner

N/A

168 Posts
6905 Marks

Caelen turned his smile into a gentle, warm one for Azaril as he looked at her, noting the shy apprentice's reaction. He hoped he wasn't making her too uncomfortable, just trying to be genial.

"You're the one that invited us in," he pointed out, stepping to the side to allow others in and not crowd the hatchlings. He kept his eyes trained on the Brown, then quickly the Blue and the Bronze. He didn't want to miss his chance - he had been talked into this by his sister after all! - but wouldn't want Azaril to be left ignored. "Your Cereza did a wonderful job. A great flight, I'm sure." Oh Faranth, how he felt like a brown nose! But these were the words he had heard his father speak before. If a Brownrider felt they were appropriate, then Caelen did, too.

It didn't take long for the first Impression, or for Azaril's attention to be pulled elsewhere, so Caelen stepped back politely, taking a casual stance towards the back of the group. He looked for his sister, wanting her to share the the excitement, but it seemed the pallid weaver had taken her leave. As much as Cae wanted to go find her, he couldn't pull himself away from the hatchlings.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 08:12 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1452 Posts
1550 Marks

Rather than noticing the woman who’s firelizard had laid the clutch Ruliana’s attention went from the eggs themselves to the canines in the room. Eyes went wide as she saw Naga, ”Oh my goodness aren’t you precious?!” Forgetting all about the firelizard clutch she made her way slowly towards the large white canine, hand out so she could sniff her. Smiling brightly she stopped short, not wanting to put the canine on edge at all. There was a lot going on at the moment and she knew that some canines got stressed by such things. If Naga didn’t want her attention she would back off and she watched the canine’s body language to see if she’d be open to being pet or not. Finally she turned her head to look at Azaril, ”What’s this one’s name?”

Ascent flitted into the room past his bonded and took up a roosting spot near the red clutchmother but not too close. Though proud of the offspring he had sired he was not dimwitted, getting too close to the red might earn her ire and no one wanted that. From where he was in the doorway Rider could take in the entire room, noticing immediately when Azaril greeted him. Grinning he rolled his shoulders in a shrug, ”I guess we’ll see!” He wasn’t sure he was interested in adding another firelizard to his life or not, yet at the same time he wasn’t wholly opposed to it. When the orange hatched and found Hers his grin widened as he admired the hatchling. Ascent puffed with pride when he saw his daughter, crooning softly as she picked her person from those gathered.

The dragon’s invitation to the entire Weyr is what brought Orissa to the crafter’s room in the lower caverns. She had been in the lower caverns already doing chores - they definitely had more lessons than chores these days but chores were assigned all the same. She was tired from all the running around as a dual candidate. Most evenings belonged to Zanii but some days belonged to Ulian and it was beginning to wear her down. In the end she knew it would all be worth it, she’d have a dragon! Or a wher, she supposed. Being a dual candidate had been a decision she made hesitantly since she really wanted a dragon, but it all boiled down to having some kind of bond - even if that was with a wher. It wouldn’t be all that bad to be a wherhandler really, it was just her father was a rider and if she was a rider too then maybe that would give them something to bond over. Peeking into the room past the cyanhandler who had taken up residence there she gave a cautious smile, ”May I watch?”

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 08:50 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

425 Posts
2437 Marks

Inali hovered to the side, watching the hatching without venturing too close. She was curious, of course, but didn't want to be in the way of potential babies and people that might already have laid claim to them. She didn't know how it was arranged, or how it would be handled, but she'd somehow missed every flit hatching she'd been at Dalibor for, so she at least wanted to see one. That seemed fair. IT wasn't like she was over here demanding fourteen flits all to herself. She just wanted to watch.

Finding the place had been only a little difficult. She wasn't used to this part of the Weyr, having had no real reason to explore it. But she'd eventually made her way there and wound up arriving after some of them had already broken free from their shells. They were beautiful and she couldn't help the small smile that touched her face as she watched from her station closer to the door.

She bobbed her head politely at the others, not venturing to say anything and keeping to herself, mostly. If someone else wanted to venture over, that was on them. She wouldn't turn them away, but she made no grand effort to socialize just yet.

Tag away! Make Inali be social! She needs friends!

PM
^
summerrain
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 09:00 AM
Apprentice

N/A

135 Posts
0 Marks

Orange, Bronze, Brown, and Blue. Not a bad start, really, though Caliska thought it was moving a little too fast. Oh well, not all hatchings were the same, as the Candidatemasters were so fond of reminding them. The Orange, she noticed, went to someone who seemed quite unappreciative of the little Queen. Or were Oranges sub-queens? Either way, they were rather high-ranking flits and pretty rare, though they were known for having a bad attitude.

Blue, Bronze, and Brown... She wouldn't have minded a Brown, she supposed. They were high enough to be trainable, tended not to be trouble makers, and weren't so high that they grew too big. A nice middle ground between the rarer Kings and Queens, and the more common but smaller fighters. Though maybe a sport color, a White or a Yellow, would've been even better. They never got very big, but Whites were known as the smartest of dragons and whers. The same likely held true for flits as well. Perhaps a sport would be the best for her, then, if she wanted something that could help her hunt.

Her attention left the hatchlings and returned to the eggs. What else was hidden inside them?

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 09:14 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

154 Posts
207 Marks

"Indeed she did," K'ton replied with a smile. Apparently the lizard belongs to a candidate not the weyrling Ironth, he silently told his blue with heavy amusement. Ironth prided himself on knowing things like who's dragon belonged to who and who's firelizard belonged to which weyrfolk, for him to get this wrong amused his rider to now end. My mistake, the blue responded with a disgruntled tone, It won't happen again.

K'ton laughed out loud at that as he continued to watch the eggs shake and crack. He knew the blue wasn't lying. Ironth would work to ensure that he never made such a mistake again. The blue chose that moment to insist it was his discomfort with the red that cause such a thing to happen and K'ton grinned with amusement. His blue was a silly beast and K'ton wouldn't have it any other way. He chuckled at the fierceness of the brown that suddenly smashed his egg to tiny shards and fought to slap a hand around Noisy's snout as the iron crooned at the newest little orange that appeared.

Her hatching had been quite simple, the egg splitting in two with ease and while K'ton would have loved to impress such a specimen, he realized how absolutely insufferable Noisy would be with a subqueen in his fair. She impressed to a quiet girl K'ton didn't know. Of course candidates weren't really his problem until they had a dragon. Well most candidates, he'd just ignore his ridiculous attraction to Nari for the time being.

Noisy hissed at the bronze and blue that appeared, upstarts to his domain and K'ton chuckled again at the iron. Such a dominate little fellow, the weyr belonged to him in his opinion and nothing K'ton did could dissuade him of that thought. "Cereza has certainly outdone herself," he said as an aside to Azaril, "A fine looking bunch so far!" I do hope you get another, K'ton. Noisy and I need another friend!

@Ruriko

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:00 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

633 Posts
305 Marks

@Lynn, @Harbinger, @Ivy, @Jenn, @Captain

Azaril was expecting the young woman to be happy to have just Impressed Cereza's beautiful orange little sub-queen. Yet the 'no' that came from the stranger's mouth sounded nothing short of venomous hatred, and the apprentice paled a little. The reaction caught her completely off guard, and her breath hitched in her throat. She...didn't want her? Yet the orange, though it also seemed surprised, did not blink into between as Azaril was terrified it very well might do. The young woman had fled the room, and the orange followed. Still, Azaril was beyond concerned. The little firelizard would be hungry. Need to be fed, and oiled, and cared for. Did her fellow apprentice--given the knots on her shoulder, not a Harper apprentice but an apprentice nonetheless--mean to reject her? Cereza seemed unconcerned, though. As if the red knew something she did not. She gave a gentle sounding chirrup of encouragement to her daughter, and then returned her attentions to the remainder of the clutch. Azaril, however, fully intended to find the young woman after this was said and done, and do what she could to help, if need be. She couldn't have known why Silvyre reacted so angrily. Her attention turned, instead, to Caelen. The young man was offering her a warm smile, and she swallowed back her anxieties and tried for a shyer one back. One thing at a time.

Nodding, she agreed quietly, "I did, yes. I'm glad you all came. I hope you Impress something," she added. Seeing he had no firelizard with him, and seemed to her a nice young man, she really hoped he did. She hoped they all did, really. There were enough eggs to go around, yes? His next words were praise for Cereza, who spared the boy a glance--was that approval in the red's eyes? It seemed to be, for the praise of her children. Azaril might have accepted compliments to herself with furious blushing and trouble in acceptance. Yet she was proud of Cereza. She had done a good job, hadn't she? She proved a fine, diligent clutchmother. All the eggs were healthy seeming, and would likely hatch and Impress just fine--or so she hoped! "Thank you," she murmured graciously, and then, as a pair of pink forelimbs stuck themselves over the top of the egg shell, followed by a grinning little face--was it her, or did that strange grin appear somewhat devious...?--she blinked in surprise. It was making the strangest sounds. Cackling, still, it sounded like. Yet as its head stuck up, it made a sound that was a mix between a growl and trill. It sounded like it had almost said something!

"Buu? Boo?" Azaril looked thoughtfully at the firelizard. They made all kinds of sounds, but she'd not heard one make that sound before! The little pink, remarkably small for even its color, kicked out all four limbs so that the shell exploded every which way, and then sat there, head cocked far to the side, and repeated the strange sound. It still looked like it was grinning.

Naga stood up and took a few steps towards Rulianna, great brush of a white tail wagging back and forth gently. Fenris glanced their way a moment, but his attention soon returned to Azaril, who was being addressed. It was easiest for the apprentice to talk about her pets. They were her life, besides her lessons as an apprentice Harper. She was always happy to see someone take an interest in any of them--and she had socialized all of them very well from the day she'd gotten them. She'd had help training from the Beastcrafters in the Weyr. It hadn't been hard--save for maybe Pabu. The icehowler and canine had been obedient, and eager to please, as well as intelligent. She counted herself fortunate. It did not mean there still hadn't been hitches along the way. They were still young, and sometimes liked to test her--at least Fenris. Naga was quite complacent.

"She's Naga," Azaril informed her, and then added, "I think she likes you," as the large canine snuffled Ruliana's hand and gave it a gentle lick, thrusting her great head under the hand for pats. Azaril smiled fondly at the canine, and the young woman. Again, she hoped this one would Impress something, too.

Azaril smiled and nodded at Rider, and her heart warmed to see his bronze settle near to Cereza. So many people! She was afraid she'd run out of eggs, and had even seen many eggs hatch and go to the same person. She wished very much, in that moment, she had more of them. Maybe had found more of them, even. Well, she fully intended to take Thanatos and her little group of creatures to the beach to hunt for more, and then invite any who did not Impress here today to be given one. That seemed to settle her heart a little, worrying as she was that some would walk away with nothing.

To Orissa she replied brightly,

"Yes, of course! Please come in," and motioned for her to step closer so she could not only see, but hopefully Impress one of the firelizards. Another person who didn't have one yet, it seemed. She recalled what it was like to not have a firelizard, and wish for one of her very own. She had two, now--where she had been happy for just the one--and thought it would be lovely if every single person who wanted one could have one of their own, too.

Attentive as she was, she noticed when another person entered the room--Inali, though she didn't know the girl's name. The girl didn't say anything, but Azaril did note she politely nodded to some of the people gathered. Was she maybe shy, then, like Azaril herself was shy? She wasn't sure, but she did offer the girl a smile and nod, and beckoned her to come closer. She was another person who did not enter the room with a firelizard of their own. She knew it was no guarantee that a person didn't have one, off elsewhere, perhaps. Yet it was common for a person who did to be accompanied by them. Firelizards, from what she'd noticed, tended to congregate around their people during a hatching of their own kind--and often others, too.

The bronze and blue were standing face to face, snarling at one another. Backs arched, tails lashing, they looked about ready to pounce on each other at any given moment. Suddenly, the pink leaped between the pair, cackling and swiping, causing both her clutchbrothers to take a tentative step backwards. She gave a twirl, hissing and spitting at them, while suddenly frantically eyeing the people gathered. These were her people! Her choices, not theirs! She would rule them all, and control every creature in the entire place before day's end! She was powerful, and intelligent, and certainly more lovely to look at than anything else...she was perfect! All these useless, sniveling humans and their unworthiness! Why should she choose any of them? They were not worthy of her! She was far too good for any of them. 'Buuuuu!' she trilled, aware all eyes were on her, and loving every moment of it. Then, she spotted one human. Yesss...he would do. He looked far superior to the rest. He was among those weaker beings gathered around, and yet he was clearly better than any of them and so might prove useful to her. Besides, as much as it chafed, she was hungry.

So, with her clutchbrothers watching her in clear confusion, the pink flung herself clear across the room, to land on and cling to the chest of K'ton. 'Buuuuuuuuu!' she announced loudly, grinning up at him, eyes bursting into rainbows. She was quite pleased with herself. Clearly, she had got the best of them all!

user posted image

Pink - #ff8fbd
Impressed to K'ton!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: As small as they come so far as pinks go, this lithe, lean little girl is extremely agile and flexible, often managing to strike the most impossible seeming posses. The dark shade around her eyes makes her look as though she is wide eyed or lacks sleep, and the ever-present diabolical firelizard grin she sports while she makes her chortling, cackling equivalent of laughter gives an eerie, not quite right appearance. Her pink hide is hard to miss, bright and striking as it is. Short head knobs on either side with a long, very malleable appendage that moves freely on its own make her look a tad comical...yet she is hardly that. Lighter, extremely pale pink on her lower half, separated by a dark band on arms, mid-section and matching dark hind feet give the little pink the appearance of wearing pants, arm bands and boots. Her tail is thick and powerful, for all that she is small, and her wings are very large. Despite her size, she can glide with ease and yet move about in the air like an acrobatic of the skies. Overall, her appearance lends to eeriness, making one feel unwary. They may feel that taking their eyes off of this firelizard would be a mistake.

Personality: ____ is a firelizard who has little remorse nor does she seem to understand her actions will have any consequences. She will remain very childlike no matter her age, with a selfish, spoiled, and sulky attitude that, if coddled, will only intensify into near-unmanageable. She seems to enjoy destruction and mayhem, and to be wholly unempathetic, nor to understand right and wrong. She simply does what pleases her at the moment. Unpredictable and unruly, one minute _____ could be leaping about and causing trouble, and in the next, simply fall into a dead sleep.

_____ seems to enjoy pushing buttons and testing her limits. She believes herself superior and deserving, and revels in her own abilities and believed power. As such, ______ is extremely intellectual. Perhaps she lacks the ability to experience empathy to a level that one might say she is near sociopathic, yet for all of that, if K'ton has patience with her and learns to train her, she will far exceed his expectations and remain loyal to him, though perhaps only him. She will hardly tolerate others--though she may come to accept and show loyalty to his dragon and other creatures given time--and is a very jealous little creature. She will prove clingy and needy, and while she acts tough, if hurt or feeling slighted, she will sulk to the point of refusing to eat unless she is forgiven.

______ is all about having fun and doing what makes her happy, with little regard for others. She isn't cruel and nor does she seek to harm others, and yet if she does through default, she isn't going to feel remorse for it--only upset and self-pity if K'ton becomes displeased or angry with her. She will try his patience in many ways, and often seem utterly insane, yet deep down in that little pink heart of hers, he is her one and only, her world.

Why K'ton? I was very pleased when K'ton showed up to the hatching. When I had the idea for this pink, she quickly became a favorite of this clutch, yet I wondered if anyone suitable who could handle her in all her insanity and oddness would show up. When K'ton did, I instantly knew, after a scan of his bio, that he was the one for her. K'ton has what it takes to train and control her, and Ironth can only serve to help in this. Since K'ton's blue is so fond of firelizards, while this little one is not known to attach to anyone but Hers, I feel that Ironth can also take her under his wing and win her over--and help K'ton, because Faranth knows he may need it! It was nice that K'ton already had another firelizard, and it was Noisy that finalized this decision ten fold. Oh the DRAMA you can have with this pair of troublemakers! I can forsee so much hilarity in K'ton's future and the posts of the player with these two bonded to him. I am super eager to see her in play with this character, his dragon, and his firelizard. c:

Inspiration: Kid Buu - Dragon Ball

Azaril had been a little concerned at the behavior of the pink. She seemed like she might be trouble, after all. She politely congratulated K'ton, a sigh of relief letting loose at the little pink having chosen someone whom she felt would be able to handle her. Something told the apprentice that K'ton might be exactly what she needed! She was about to say more, when suddenly another egg seemed to shudder, and then exploded violently. The shards shot out everywhere, and a green shook herself off, lowering her head and looking about her, eyeing the bronze, blue and brown, who had crawled to the edge of the table, and 'roared' ferociously at the people gathered about.

The blue and bronze looked at one another, eyes narrowing. Then, as if deciding as one that they had the same goal, glanced at Azaril and began racing across the table, swatting at one another and hissing and spitting, before flinging themselves off the edge and flying over to her, one landing on her left shoulder, the other on her right. Eyes exploded in rainbows of Impression, and Azaril sputtered a useless protest. Still, they'd both chosen her, even though the pair continued glaring daggers at one another a moment...before kreeling hungrily.

TOKENS BLUE & BRONZE!

user posted image

Bronze - #d89a11
Impressed to Azaril!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: This bronze is a huge creature, with a lighter undercarriage and a yellow-orange bronze hide that shines brightly. On his forehead and chest, there seems to be a reddish-bronze marking that resembles a round gemstone. His wings are large and powerful, and he often--like his blue clutchbrother--tends to mantle them while sitting still. He is muscular yet lithe, moving about like a great wild feline--another thing he shares in common with his smaller blue clutchbrother. His claws are wickedly sharp and curving, and his fangs seem almost a little overlarge. In truth, he and his clutchbrother have quite a few similar features! His tail is long and limber, and yet everything is in good proportions.

Personality: Kerberos, or Kero, as Azaril will fondly call him, is very energetic and prefers to be in the middle of everything. Much of the time, he is very bossy, demanding and gluttonous. He loves food, and yet like Spinel, seems able to consume a great deal without gaining much weight...especially since his fondness seems, like Spinel's, to be for sweets and foods that are sweet tasting and not good for him! Azaril will have to reign him in so that he does not ever grow fat from gluttony! While he is fond of food, and will hoard it to himself most of the time, he can be convinced to share with those he genuinely likes.

Kero is something of an egomaniac, and proudly shows off and struts about as though he is king of all he surveys. He is, like a few in his clutch, actually very intellectual and reliable at the end of the day. He hates being alone, and his least favorite thing is being sad or lonely. He will find ways to occupy himself, and not always for the best, if he begins to feel this way. Thus he will rarely ever be away from Azaril, him and Spinel preferring to be constantly by her side, and ever battling for her attentions. They are rivals from the day they Impressed, both having wanted the same person. They will often go from being companionable and sharing sweets and treats, to squabbling and trying to best the other. Despite Spinel's smaller size, it is hard to say who 'wins' in the end of these spats.

Kerberos loves to be spoiled, and the finer things in life. Sunning is, undoubtedly, his favorite pastime besides eating sweets. He loves sleeping, and can be quite lazy at times. Still, he is extremely loyal and cares for His greatly. He will protect her at all costs, and will always be a true companion and friend to Azaril and those she cares for--including her the rest of her faire, and her pets, as well as her friends.

Inspiration: Kerberos - Cardcaptor Sakura

user posted image

Blue - #07161c
Impressed to Azaril!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: This blue is, without a doubt, easily as stunning as his bronze clutchbrother--if not more so. Like his bronze brother, he is at the largest size for his color. Muscular yet lithe, he and Kero are both built as though they were felines, though Spinel is certainly somewhat less muscular as he is a blue, and more lean. His hide is primarily a deep, dark blue. The underside of his wings may not be metallic, but the array of blue coloring lends a shimmering look to them. There are lighter blue markings on the lower half of long head knobs, in a diamond shape on his forehead, on his chest, and the leading sail of his wings, as well as a band on his one foreleg. The intricate markings on his chest are such that one might thing of a winged creature, a large, oval marking in the center appearing like a gem. His build looks as though his legs are longer, as well as his tail, than his clutchbrother. His wings are large, but a little more tapered, allowing him to possess a wider range of agility. He is very graceful and lithe in appearance.

Personality: While his clutchbrother Kero is energetic, boisterous, bossy and egocentric, Spinel is calmer, more refined, and dislikes loud noises or being annoyed. Spinel does share Kero's affinity for sweet foods, and yet seems quite unable to handle the sugar content in them. When he has a little, he does not know how to stop eating them. Sugar reduces the normally calm and collected blue into a state that is far worse than his bronze clutchbrother: an even bigger, if possible, glutton, who acts much like a spoiled hatchling and zips about causing mayhem. He will be far more sensitive and emotional and even throw tantrums or fits. As such, Azaril will have to keep a close eye on him to be sure he doesn't have more than the little bit she allows! It won't be easy, as his clutchbrother is a horrible influence on him--likely part of the reason Spinel and Kero will squabble.

Spinel and Kerberos are rivals, and yet as much as they have spats, they are also closer to one another than the others in their faire. They are, for all intents and purposes, friends when it comes right down to it--even if Azaril wonders, most days. In some ways, Spinel can seem more wise and intelligent than his clutchbrother, when in reality, they are both extremely intellectual creatures who will readily learn anything Azaril has to teach them. They both have a strong loyalty to the girl and a strong desire to protect her. Kero will often flaunt his larger size and seem to be almost bragging, and yet Spinel is his equal in nearly every way but size. The two will certainly keep theirs' hands full!

Inspiration: Spinel Sun - Cardcaptor Sakura

PMEmail
^
Aerona
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:31 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

158 Posts
2050 Marks

Nari had heard some sort if commotion going on and with the insistence of both her flits she was drug along. Her Bronze, Tanner was wrapped around her neck sweetly, while the pink Suede was glued to her side, peeking out from her satchel, tail wrapped around Nari. She starred at the world, exuding love and happiness like the sweet thing she was. She spotted K'ton and the adorable little pink that had latched to him and was over there, chittering at him, happy noises abound.

Nari frowned when her pink launched off. "Suede, no, you will catch his bad manners." She said to the pink. Her bronze hissed and snapped at K'ton like usual. He would protect his two legs (Nari). He seemed to ruff up like an angry bird, and was practically ready to whip out his claws if needed

She grabbed for Suede who squirmed from her hands to chitter loudly still at K'ton and his new pink. She wanted to love them, just let her love them.

Nari blinked then and looked at the crowd gathered, she and her brood were making a noise. "Sorry for the intrusion, mind if I watch, the little ones insisted I come." She bowed to the Mother and her hatching clutch, as well as to her owner. Tanner kept hissing lowly at K'ton.

@Jenn for giggles

@Ruriko

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 11:13 AM
Priderunner

N/A

168 Posts
6905 Marks

"Me, too," Caelen replied with a chuckle, eyes trained on the flitts after a quick glance to their hostess. After all, Impressing was the whole reason he allowed himself to be dragged here. If only Emira had stayed! Maeda had done such wonders to boost the weaver's morale. Maybe another flitt would pull her further out of her shell.

Speaking of shells, another ripped open to reveal a rather curious looking Pink. A curious sounding Pink, too. She didn't spend any time pondering, just charging through her two brothers and making her pick. Well, that was good, though it looked like the Weyrling Master was going to have quite a handful on his place.

"You're welcome," Caelen replied rather belatedly, looking to Azaril just in time to dodge the incoming Blue and Bronze. He didn't gape, but he certainly stared as the shy Harper managed to Impress the two rivals. "Congratulations!"

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 08:51 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

154 Posts
207 Marks

"Ugggh, seriously?" he muttered when the wild and outrageous pink latched onto the front of him and before he could remove her, she'd attached herself quite firmly to him. K'ton shook his head at the wild images that whirled about his head the pink was regaling him with and he looked at the bright little thing. "You know you're attitude really stinks," he said as he pointed to the shoulder unoccupied by the curious iron. Whatcha think Ironth? Stink works. Like her attitude, he said to the blue and was giving an affirmation of the name. He had a Noisy and now a Stink. It would do.

"Nari," he grinned, "A matched set we got here!" He laughed as she tried to corral Suede from getting to him. A matched set of pinks, now if he could just get her to realize she liked him. He knew she did. Why else would she always seem to be in the exact same place as he was? "I only seem to have bad manners when you're around, Nari. Good to see those frowns never change." He said the last with an unrepentant grin and a sudden need to kiss the frown right off her face. She's a candidate, K'ton, don't forget that. He sighed heavily to the dragon, I knooow. But some day she wouldn't be.

Noisy hissed quietly at the bronze that always seemed to have bad things to say to rider who's shoulder he sat on. He crooned softly at the crazy little pink that still clung to the front of K'ton's shirt and when she still didn't listen, the iron screeched shrilly causing the pink to scramble as quick as she could to the shoulder K'ton had indicated. "Good job Noisy," K'ton said as he stroked a finger down the iron hide and chuckled as the pink gave a hissing warble.

@Aerona

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 01:23 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

633 Posts
305 Marks

@Harbinger, @Aerona

Azaril had not been expecting to Impress anything, and yet had hoped for one of Cereza's clutch. Maybe a single, smaller color. The unexpectedness of Impressing the blue and bronze simultaneously had taken her so aback, she could only blink in surprise when she heard Nari addressing--her?

"No, not at all!" She managed, looking from the bronze, to the blue, and back again. She had been standing too close. It was her fault that she'd gone and Impressed both, and while she was instantly overwhelmed by the love she felt for both in the moment of Impression, she felt a little bad. She decided to step away, and not risk drawing the attention of any of the other hatchlings. This put her off to the side, nearer to the pot, but further away from the presently hatching little ones in Cereza's clutch.

'Spinel and Kerberos--Kero for short...' She looked up briefly as a drudge came, deposited a large pot with scraps of meat, and nodding once, took her leave as Azaril was about to tell her she ought to stay. At least there would be food to feed the new hatchlings. The pair of hers both whipped their heads forward to stare at the food, and she had to stop them launching themselves at it by quickly placing a hand on each to steady them. She could tell they were going to be a handful...with that thought, she went and retrieved some meat, and watched from her spot.

Caelen congratulated her, and she offered him yet another smile, though it was a bit nervous and almost apologetic. If anyone deserved to Impress the bronze, it was someone like him. She really hoped he would Impress something...and it seemed she was going to get her wish!

The brown had suddenly quieted, and was regarding the individuals around him with hunger in his eyes. He wondered, in that instant, what they would taste like. His green clutchsibling wandered too close a moment, and he narrowed his eyes, before attempting to snap at her. She hissed and shrank back, sinuously and moving with fluid like motion. She was so, so envious that her clutchsiblings had hatched first, and picked humans first? How dare they? The brown was ravenous, and decided he would have better luck getting what he wanted from one of the humans present. He still wanted to know what they tasted like, and in that thought, suddenly decided to find out.

Caelen didn't look like he would taste bad, and something about the young man drew the brown to him. He glided on his large, broad wings, landing on the boy's arm and attempting to take a bite of him. Yet just as his teeth closed over the candidate's hand, he looked up at Caelen, and something in his fury and ravening hunger calmed as he met his eyes. The brown's eyes swirled in rainbows, and he was instantly, in that moment, calm and content--but still hungry!

user posted image

Brown - #b18a66
Impressed to Caelen!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: _______ is, like a couple of his clutchsiblings, at the largest size for his color. Corded muscle will always stand out starkly on this brown, making him appear extremely physically fit. Though the muscle is tapered and lean, it is so visible on him that one is hard pressed to see any fat. Almost as if his skin might be so thin, the muscle can be seen as if it weren't there at all. His color is a very warm brown, darkening around his eyes and in the underside of his wings. His tail is just as whipcord muscle, every inch of him powerful as the strongest of his kin can ever be. He will possess great stamina, and be very strong for a firelizard! The markings around his mouth make it look like he has an eerie smile of bared teeth...or is it a menacing grimace? His wings are large and strong, sure to carry him high and far.

Personality: ______ is stubborn, determined, impulsive and strong-willed. He desires nothing more than to protect Caelen and all that His loves and cares for. Brave and fearless, he will do whatever it takes to achieve that. His loyalty to Caelen will no know bounds. Adventurous, ______ will encourage His to explore and to pursue every adventure he might want to embark on. He can be independent, a clever creature who will often be hard-headed and do as he pleases. Yet he prefers to be in the company of His and while he can be left alone, when he is younger it might simply be better he not be. Only by exerting firm control over him, will Caelen be able to be sure he stays out of trouble.

______ is prone to scorning those who behave in a cowardly and weak manner. He would even brave death to protect His and those His cares for, after all. Unfortunately, ______ has a temper on him that can explode in fits of violence and fury. If sufficiently provoked by an enemy, his rage could drive him into a frenzy accompanied by horrific levels of violence. ____ almost seems to have two personalities: his calmer, level one where selflessness, perseverance, fortitude, and determination see him supporting His and others and being extremely helpful and loyal. When he loses control, however, he is savage, bloodthirsty, and nearly uncontrollable--more like a red than a brown. It will be up to Caelen to ensure he keeps him from reaching this point! _____ hates to be hungry--and indeed seems ravenous to the point of being ready to devour anything he can sink his teeth into if not kept fed! So it will be up to Caelen to make sure he's well fed but does not overeat--or eat anyone or anything he ought not.

Why Caelen? Caelen is a very steadfast and sturdy seeming fellow, one who has a good head on his shoulders and reasons very well. _____ needs someone who can keep him calm and remain calm himself--anyone prone to having a bad temper would be a poor match for this brown. He seems to have a lot of reasonableness and good morality as well as a good nature to him. ______ is best suited to a person who is the opposite of him when he flies into one of his rages--or better yet, someone calm enough to remain cool and collected and be able to reign him in before this ever happens. I can see that Caelen would be able to do this and help his new friend to not get to this point, with some patience and learning what his triggers are. On another note: Happy Birthday, Harbinger! c:

Inspiration: Eren Jaeger - Attack on Titan

"It seems like congratulations are in order for you, too," Azaril told the candidate, and then asked, "what do you think you'll name him?" She liked hearing the names people assigned to their firelizards. She wondered what name K'ton had assigned to the little pink. She would be a handful, but she felt confident that they Weyrlingmaster could definitely see to her and handle her. She looked towards the door as someone else appeared in the doorway, though the tall young man with the dark black, slightly longer hair and icy eyes merely stood there and didn't make a move to come in. He looked a little intimidating. She had seen him a few times--he had the knots of a Journeyman Beastcrafter. Keirian wasn't someone she had ever spoken to, nor knew. He had a few piercings and he usually made her nervous, a little. She chided herself for judging based on appearances, and yet...well, she offered him a small smile, and he regarded her coolly, before turning to leave. Yet it seemed he wouldn't get to just up and go that way...

Suddenly, one of the larger eggs burst open, and a snarling, rather lanky looking red stood there, tail lashing furiously, head swinging from side to side. Her eyes were a deep red as she kicked the egg beside her, breaking the shell. A head peeked out--a wide eyed black with the most stark markings on his face. It made him look almost like he wore a mask with an eye patch over one eye. He chirruped at his red clutchsister, yet she whirled on him and in a swift motion, raked a claw across his eye, utterly destroying it in one horrible action. The black screeched in pain and confusion, the remaining eye that had only moments ago been blue turning just as red as the ones his clutchsister bore. In his panic and fury at being so grievously injured and losing his eye, he frantically destroyed the remainder of his shell. The green had the sense to move out of the way, all but slithering behind the only remaining egg on the table that was un-hatched as of yet. It had not really moved, and she sought shelter from her raging clutchsibling behind it. She was too clever to get in the middle of that one.

Kat watched in mute horror as a red hatched, and put out the eye of her clutchsibling. She had a flashback to the day on the sands--the day she'd Impressed Akashath. The red was advancing on the black, who was terrified and angry all at once. She had been unable to do anything that day. Anything but watch as the red, now her bonded, attacked and mauled people. Now this red seemed intent on further harming the poor black, who'd done nothing--just as those people had done nothing--to deserve it.

"Stop that!"

The words were out of her mouth before she knew she'd spoken them. Why, oh why, were reds normally so violent? As soon as the red heard her voice, however, it turned on its tail and stared right at her. A moment, as her breath hitched and she realized she had drawn its attention unwittingly. Its long head knobs, oddly shaped so that she was reminded of long, upright canine ears, twitched. Its tail lashed, moving so quickly it was nearly a blur, making it look like the little beast had more than one--several, in fact--tail. It was dizzying, that blur of motion, if one were to stare at it too long. As it was, the redweyrling's eyes were locked onto the red, unable to look away. The red, too, stared her down, lips drawing back from wickedly sharp teeth, claws digging furrows in the wooden table. Kat was horrified to see rainbows appear in the red's eyes, and though she took a step backward, it was too late. Impression, to yet another red. How in Faranth's name had this happened?

TOKEN RED!

user posted image

Red - #dc2200
Impressed to Kataya!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: Kurama is primarily a red-orange in color, with dark, near-black from the corners of her eyes all the way up her very elongated head knobs. While like several of her other clutchsiblings, she is at the largest range for her size, her limbs are long and lanky in appearance--almost too long looking, even. Her chest is broad and leads to a tapered waist. Wings are longer and tapered in such a way that she is quite streamlined and capable of quick turns and maneuvers, yet large enough that gliding and stamina are strengths, too. While everything is proportionate to her, her muscle is lean and wiry, only bulkier on her torso. It might cause one to think her weaker, all that wiry muscle and long, thin limbs. Yet that would be their undoing. She is super agile and fast, and her tail is perhaps one of her strongest limbs of them all, lashing about so quickly at times that it blurs. Her claws are long and wicked, as are her many curved teeth and fangs.

Personality: Kurama is very intelligent and cunning, able to think quickly and come up with strategies on how to succeed at what she wills. She will never be a follower, no matter which other firelizards there are in Kat's faire. Fortunately for her, she may never have to contend for leadership. A trickster, Kurama will do what it takes to win, and has no problem tricking others, using brain and brawn to do so.

Kurama believes herself to be stronger than other firelizards, regardless of the truth to that. She has a lot of energy, strength and stamina, and seems slow to tire. She is loathe to ever give up or give in, stubborn and hot-headed. She prefers respect, even if it is through fear of her. Cynical and shrewd, this red finds amusement in many things--and not always what she should. She loathes humans, for some reason, and it will take work on Kat's part to build a good relationship with her. The red is clever enough to know that Kat feeds her and she relies on her for things, and this is what she will be loyal to, before she comes to have any respect or real kinship with Hers.

Kurama doesn't just despise humans. She is very hostile and distrustful of them. Other firelizards and her kin are tolerated--yet not those who do not know their place. She does not hesitate to lash out in a violent manner, such as she did when putting out the eye of her black clutchsibling. She believes in her own power, and has to learn to trust and rely on Hers and others in Hers' care. This will come, with time. Eventually, with patience and work, Kurama will come to be very, very loyal to Hers and to trust her implicitly.

Inspiration: Kurama - Naruto

The black, meanwhile, was in a reasonable amount of pain. He wanted to get away from the humans surrounding him, away from where his red clutchsister was. She had yet to leave the table, and while in his rage he wanted to try and attack her, he was also too frightened and disorientated to do so. As such, he backwinged, rising into the air, and shot for the door that was the exit. He very well might have gone wild, had he not crashed into the tall young man who had just turned to go. He quite roughly smashed into Keirian's shoulder, and clung on frantically. Keirian scowled, and plucked the creature up off of him, meeting the remaining, red, eye. Frowning, he noticed its state, and sighed. Shardit, he was no Dragonhealer! And who did this thing look to, anyhow? The lone eye suddenly turned to rainbows, and he cursed under his breath. Him, apparently.

TOKEN BLACK!

user posted image

Black - #1a181b
Impressed to Keirian!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: Something about the appearance of this black is downright terrifying. Even before the loss of his eye, the coloration around his mouth makes one think his mouth is forever open in a scary-looking grimace, and he looks as though he is wearing a mask over his face, a patch over one eye--the ruined one. It is hard to tell there is a ruined eye there at all, for Keir will have had it sewn shut neatly. It truly does give the appearance that this black wears a patch over it! Ghoul has a very small frame, but very neatly proportionate. His head knobs are small, his color primarily a leathery looking black with lighter grey markings. His wings allow him a lot of speed and agility, and he is average for his size. His small frame, however, makes him extremely speedy. Those wings seem to move an awful lot, as does his tail, sometimes seeming to creepily take on a life of their own in their movements.

Personality: Like his brown clutchbrother, Ghoul seems to have two sides to his personality. One side is shy, reserved, gentle and optimistic. Self-contained, loyal, devoted and good-natured, as well as easily trained and worked with. He does not like to be alone, and despises solitude or the idea of it. Thus he will cling to Keir, and do what he can to protect him, even if it isn't always wanted. Essentially he is also trying to protect himself from ever having to be alone, in protecting His. Ghoul treasures all life, including his own. Yet he will not hesitate to risk it to protect His or those he comes to care for.

The other half of his personality is driven mostly by fear and darkness. Losing his eye to his red clutchsister right upon hatching triggered something not quite right in the black. This side will try and utterly crush anyone who threatens His, resorting to violence and embracing the darkness. He can be very ruthless and brutal, all while retaining complete composure. He is stronger than he looks, and underestimating him is a bad idea. He won't give up, and will only grow stronger as he learns and grows. He has an odd habit of cracking the joints in his fore-paws, only adding to his eerie behaviors.

Inspiration: Kaneki Ken - Tokyo Ghoul

Azaril had been unable to do anything quickly enough to stop the red harming the black. She felt sick to her stomach, and thought for sure the black would go wild or go between. She hadn't expected him to Impress to the Journeyman, but relief flooded her as he did, even though the young man looked none too impressed to have, as it was, Impressed. The red went to a redweyrling. The irony wasn't lost on the apprentice Harper, but there was another Impression that the person didn't look pleased about, to say the least. She smiled weakly at the remaining people gathered, even as she failed to notice the eggs in the pot a little behind her beginning to rock. The green was still hiding behind the remaining egg, leaving two on the table, and two in the pot!
PMEmail
^
Aerona
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 03:24 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

158 Posts
2050 Marks

Nari smiled to Azril. "Thank you for having me." Honestly though, she wasn't thankful at all. She didn't need another one of these, two little beasties were hard to handle as it was. And she was even less grateful to be there when K'ton was spotted and Suede seemed to think he needed to be shown love as well. He wasn't hers, but she loved him all the same.

She snatched the pink who was reaching out to K'ton just in time it seemed. She shoved her into the satchel and glared hard at the Blue rider with her usual venom. "I don't want anything that matches with you. A pink is a total nuisance." She said, her nasty character showing. It was another lie though, she secretly adored the pink. She didn't know how to handle such love, having been refused it as a child, and the pink had bounds of it. "And what are you even doing here, I thought you hated firelizards." She snorted at him.

He made her so angry and she loathed to be in the same area as him. She tried to ignore him and turn back to the hatching, to pay attention to the other flits that were there, some even yet to be seen, but he had to draw her attention back. "Like I would ever smile around a thing like you." She huffed at him. Once again she tried to ignore him, but it was hard with Tanner hissing like some angry feline at him, all huffed up. She petted the bronze to soothe his anger. "Just ignore him tanner, that is what we should do with scraps of no use." She said, turning her head back to the hatching.

Urggg, he just made her so mad, she was fuming. She wasn't so emotional around others, but him, he set a fire about her. She tried her best to focus on the hatching and ignore K'ton who had a rather lively, though troublemaker of a pink it seemed. Served him right. She snorted to herself. Suede once again peeked out of the bag and chittered loving and kind things at Nari, showing pictures of sweet things, and hugs with K'ton like she wanted her to be friends with him and she just snorted. "No." She told the pink firmly. Suede peeked out at K'ton, looking a little sad for him, and chittered reassuring noises. "Don't talk to him, we don't like him." But she did, even if he boiled her blood, he didn't run away. She watched the eggs yet to hatch, and the little ones in the bowl trying to find their partners. "Focus on the hatching, you wanted to see this."

Tanner chittered loudly, puffing his chest. Yes, he wanted another one to protect, another little firelizard to bring under his wing and keep safe. And Suede agreed, but she just wanted another to love and shower with affection. There were so many beauties in the clutch, she admired them, as much as a hassle as the flits were, they kept each other happy, and she loved the company of them. She was a liar, so much so that she didn't know what was the truth anymore.

@Ruriko
@Jenn

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 12:23 PM
Priderunner

N/A

168 Posts
6905 Marks

Caelen almost stepped back with Azaril, feeling the need to echo the apprentice's movements to be polite. He caught himself, however, and stayed relatively near the sand pot. Not too close, since he didn't want to crowd the very rambunctious hatchlings. Last thing he wanted was to scare them away or get in the way and get injured.

Oh, how that thought would be ironic.

His attention left Azaril as she started working on feeding her two new flitts, solidifying the bond that had been created. For a moment he considered the stories of Impression he had heard, trying to collaborate them with his own experiences. Was Impressing a fire lizard similar? He didn't want to ask now, not in the middle of the chaos of the hatching,

Then the snapping, annoyed Brown stopped his aggressions and flew at the humans, and suddenly Caelen found himself with a firelizard perched on his arm. He opened his mouth to speak, only to utter a quick "ow!" as the Brown decided to give him a new set of scars along his thumb.

But then it hit him. The new set of thoughts, the hunger and the elation. He couldn't scold the Brown for just being a little too curious. Well, maybe, in time. First though...

"C'mon, let's get you fed up," Caelen said, stepping back like Azaril did and quickly snagging some meat before the hatchling thought to try another part of Caelen to see if it was edible. "Here," he whispered, all but stuffing the gobbet into the Brown's reptilian-looking mouth. As the fire lizard ripped and chewed, Caelen pondered a name for the little creature. "How does Jaytan sound, hmm?" The flitt didn't reply, but simply snatched another meat chunk and kept stuffing himself.

user posted image
Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 02:16 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

425 Posts
2437 Marks

Inali returned the polite nod, but focused her attention on the flits. This was fascinating - And far less... Involved than dragons. It was fun to watch, regardless, and while she kept her distance, she was no less attentive.

Eventually, she moved forward, slipping into places abandoned by those that gained a new pet and leaned in to properly inspect the remaining combination of flits and eggs. She made no effort to reach out and touch them - That seemed rude - but did scold the brown when it snapped at the green. "Enough of that," she scolded, narrowing her gaze at him before he fluttered off to Impress to the boy she'd been paired with on chores a time or two.

"Congratulations," she smiled at Caelen and looked him over again. Firelizards weren't dragons, to choose based on personality, but that didn't mean she wasn't considering what he might Impress dragon-wise. She didn't dislike him, which was saying something. And put him in her good graces by comparison to most others.

Folding her arms across her chest, she settled in to watch the remainder, clearly not expecting much but happy to just be involved somehow. Jealousy lingered, sure, but she was careful not to show it.

@Harbinger

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 10:39 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1452 Posts
1550 Marks

Petting the fluffy canine, Naga, Ruliana grinned as the canine sniffed at her and pressed against her some. She had pretty much forgotten about the hatching until there was some squabbling going on between the hatchlings. Looking up from where she had crouched down to pet Naga she saw the bickering and then the subsequent Impressions they made. Well good for them! Hands never left the canine and her fingers dug into her thick white fur as she watched more eggs hatch, more impressions to people she didn't recognize. She had found herself in the middle of quite the event it seemed gauging from all the people popping in to see what the dragon had been on about. Even if she didn't impress it was worth it, maybe she'd even get to pet the other canine. It was an icehowler, if she wasn't mistaken - there hadn't been any where she was from but she'd seen some in the kennels and helped walk a few. They were interesting though she didn't find they needed regular hair cuts like her two canines did. Maybe she'd stick around when this was all done with and see if the other woman's canines got along well with others - Pepper and Piper would love to make more friends!

Silently Rider continued to watch as more eggs hatched, every broken shell and impression only stroking Ascent's ego. He was a proud papa, especially when the bronze was hatched! Oh Rider would be hearing about this for a full season, he was all but sure about it. Too many people wanted to crowd in past him so he slipped into the room and stepped aside in order to keep out of the way. He was here as an interested observer, nothing more. Let the others who had ambitions of impressing, like Orissa, crowd in closer and gawk over the various hatchlings. Not that he didn't appreciate them of course since he was kind of interested. Stepping in the room the candidate worried over how many eggs had hatched and impressed already. Was there even the possibility that there was one for her? Maybe. But maybe not. She would find out when they finished hatching, wouldn't she?

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 09:38 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

154 Posts
207 Marks

“Oh come on!” he exclaimed, “We could have a pink party!” He loved getting under her skin. He couldn’t wait until the day when Nari would be free to be pursued in earnest. There was just something about the prickly crafter that got under his skin. Maybe it was her refusal to admit she was attracted to him – he knew, he could always tell – or maybe it was just self-torture. He didn’t know but he couldn’t say he didn’t enjoy it. “I do,” he answered brightly, “However Ironth does not. And I always try to make that big blue happy, so here I am!”

Truthfully the little buggers were growing on him. He wasn’t exactly pleased with the thought but Noisy was such a tractable fellow that he’d given them a second chance. Now Stink. Stink would need to be trained, get some of that attitude mellowed out and then they’d go from there. K’ton had no doubt the little pink would be easy to manage. He did after all have Noisy and the iron gave no room for nonsense. The pink in question gave the iron a side eye, wondering how far she could go and squeaked when Noisy gave her a hiss. K’ton chuckled and gave them each a bit of meat.

“You will one of these day,” he said pointing at her with some of the meat in his hand as Stink snapped at it. He was a determined one. Determined to make her smile at him. Kiss him and do any manner of thing with him. He only had to exercise patience. “Tut,” he told the pink, “Not until I say.” She pouted of course but K’ton ignored the behavior, sending her images of stillness and what he perceived as harmony. When she complied he handed over the meat. “She likes me,” he chuckled again, “Can’t deny true love.” He batted his eye lashed at Nari as her pink tried in vain to come to him. “Seriously,” he said again, “Pink. Party.”

@Aerona
@Ruriko
(Just an fyi, K’ton never said Stink’s name out loud, he only said it to Ironth, so Azril shouldn’t know what it is.)

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 02:01 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

158 Posts
2050 Marks

A brow was raised at K'ton. "No way would I have a party with you." She frowned at him much harder this time. He was such a nuisance, why didn't he just leave her alone? It was like everywhere she went, he was there too. He was some curse, maybe her reprimation for being such a bad person. She didn't want him around. He'll just die like the rest of them. She thought. Suede, the pink turned and rubbed her head against Nari. She was shooed off her arm. "Hmph, at least you care about what he likes." She huffed at him. She didn't know what sort of bond a dragon and rider had, but she was beginning to learn.

"Hardly." Nari responded, petting Tanner, as the pink in her satchel looked longingly at those fingers. "I wouldn't smile at someone I loathe so much." She said, a few fingers reaching down to caress the little pink. As much as she said that she hated her, she adored the little flitt even if her mouth said otherwise. Nari frowned again at him. "She just doesn't know any better." She hissed. "I will teach her what a horrid thing you are, trust me. She would love a passing wherry if it lingered long enough." She huffed, shoving the little pink back down. "Suede, pay attention or sleep, little one." She said, hushing the pink.

Tanner just chittered angrily at K'ton, even as his eyes watched the eggs still there and waiting to hatch.

"Tanner on the other hand, has much more sense. He knows something horrid when he sees it." She couldn't help but add another jibe in at K'ton.

@Jenn

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 04:51 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

633 Posts
305 Marks

Azaril wouldn't have guessed that Nari had no desire to have another firelizard. While she herself had been more than happy to have just one, she really loved each and every one of hers--including the newest two additions. It wasn't like she wanted more. She felt grateful for the ones she had, even before Kero and Spinel joined her faire! It wasn't easy caring for them along with lessons and her other pets. Yet she managed to make time for what was important--and they all were. Caelen had his brown now, though. And she was standing further back, out of the way. She'd all but forgotten the two in the pot...

The final egg in Cereza's clutch gave a little shudder, cracks splitting up the side like fine webbing. Neatly, ever so neatly, the pieces fell away to reveal a...black? But no, the little creature mantling its wings around itself so its face could not be seen was simply a dark, dark blue. His green clutchsibling suddenly growled low in her throat. She wasn't going to be the last to Impress! There was simply no way she would allow her clutchbrother to Impress before her! So, she scrambled across the table, weaving in sinuous, quick movements, until she stood at the edge. She shot a defiant glare back at the blue, who was still hiding behind large, dark wings, before scanning the crowd before her.

She didn't like what she saw. These large, lumbering creatures, full of their weak emotions...what use had she for them? Still, there had to be one among them that could suit her purposes. One that would be hers, and hers alone. No one else would matter, she knew, if she chose that one, and chose them well. Her multi-faceted eyes sought out that one, tongue flicking out a moment in a serpentine manner as she considered. Yes...that one would do. Unattached to anything else, and so hers and hers alone. Young, with potential to be more. Still a weak, useless human. Yet that one...that one belonged to her. With this, she launched herself from the edge of the table, claws digging in and making small scores as she did so. She didn't even spare the other people a glance, though one that was in her way she swatted and hissed at. She landed on Orissa's shoulder, glaring at those around her and growling and hissing under her breath. This human was hers, and they could stay far, far away!

@Ivy

user posted image

Green - #598548
Impressed to Orissa!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: ________ is a very sinuous and on the leaner side. She has a long, whipcord tail and limbs, well muscled and yet graceful in appearance. Her hide is a dark emerald green, solidly so except for in some places, like the upper torso, where the hide seems to be comprised of lighter and darker shades of green in a way that makes it almost seem to shine. She is lightning quick both on land and in the air, able to twist and turn on a mark, moving in an often weaving, sinuous pattern. Large, strong wings are proportionate to the rest of her, and often kept tucked in tightly alongside her body when she's not in the air. There won't be much by way of maneuverability she is not capable of, seeming able to fit through the smallest of spaces and weave and dodge both on land and in the air. She always seems to have a considering, calculating expression on her face. It's true she is often scheming or thinking of ways to manipulate, so perhaps this is the reason for it!

Personality: _______ seems to have a profound hatred for all humans save the one she has chosen for herself. She has a large and delicate ego, and will take insult very easily, disliking to make mistakes or be scolded. ________ takes delight in messing with humans, often in an unfriendly way. Orissa will have to keep tabs on her and exert control, as even causing harm to someone else or a creature that has angered her will not see the green being remorseful. In fact, _______ even seems to take pride in the misery she causes, as well as in succeeding in any manipulations or pranks.

__________ seems to prefer her own kind, and yet she is extremely prone to envy and jealousy. She is fiercely jealous of Hers, and does not like to share. She will gladly chase off anyone she can, if Orissa isn't on top of her, making sure she doesn't attack people who show interest in the girl. Should Orissa ever get another pet--especially firelizards--_______ will make sure she is top flit. She won't care if it's a queen or king, or another green like herself: she won't tolerate any other pet being number one, or the leader of the faire, should Orissa have one. It would take a firelizard capable of earning ______'s tolerance or affection for them to share equal rank with her. She is capable, strong, clever and takes no shaffit from anyone.

Despite her envy and jealousy, as well as her obvious distaste for human-kind save Hers, _______ has a silly, rambunctious and fun side to her that Hers will be privy to, and perhaps, given time, others. She will never really like other humans, but she could be tolerant and even begrudgingly accept someone if Orissa was careful to pay her her due attention and reassure her that she is still just as important--hopefully, in her mind, more--than that person, pet or thing. She can get downright sulky if she feels ignored or like she's made to play second fiddle. It will certainly be something Orissa has to balance when she Impresses or Bonds a dragon or wher! This isn't a firelizard who takes being second to anyone well. Her loyalty and devotion to Orissa will more than make up for all the trouble she seems to be.

Why Orissa? Orissa is mature and capable enough to handle this troublesome little beastie. I wanted her to go to someone with no other pets so that that person could focus on her and would be able to manage her even should they happen to Impress or Bond at the dual hatching coming up. With how stubborn Orissa is, I'm sure she will be able to succeed in training her new pet to be the best she can be. Orissa is also a caring person, so will be able to deal accordingly with this little green's feelings. She won't be the easiest, but with time and work and plenty of reassurances, she'll be a fantastic little friend--and an amusing one!--to Orissa.

Inspiration: Envy - Fullmetal Alchemist

Azaril smiled warmly at the girl who Impressed the green. Yet another one down, and to someone who had nothing prior, too! She had seen the familiar, eager look on the girl's face. Even though she wore the knots of a candidate, there was no telling if or when she'd Impress. A firelizard would make that wait all the easier, she was sure. "Congratulations," she told her, and then returned her attention to the drudge girl who was petting Naga. Naga was loving every minute of it, leaning into Ruliana's hands eagerly. Fenris, for his part, merely watched placidly, blue eyes curious, but trained well enough to not approach the young woman unless he was approached first. Not as social as Naga, he was still socialized well and therefor would not object to someone's ministrations so long as Azaril was fine with it.

Meanwhile, the blue had moved one wing just a little, revealing a pale face hiding behind. Seeing that he was now alone on the table, he moved the other slowly, showing an faint periwinkle blue face, the color extending a little down the front of his neck. The way he held his head shyly down, it appeared to be an oval of pale color, with a mid-range blue making markings above and below his eyes. He was a stunning fellow, if not a little eerie looking, the way he sat so still, mantling his wings, head down and looking up shyly at the people gathered. Were they all here just for him? They all looked so expectant, that he wondered why.

He looked up as his stomach suddenly rumbled sharply. Oh...he was hungry. He sniffed the air, and stood up slowly, carefully looking about as his nostrils flared. What was that smell? It smelled like food. Only the people were looking at him, waiting, wanting something from him. All his clutchsiblings were gone, though. Suddenly, the blue left alone on that table began to feel very, very lonely. He looked at the faces, all looking at him, and was hit hard by the hopefulness and emotions. He wanted to crawl back into his egg and hide, but he was hungry, and lonely, and he didn't want to disappoint all these people! Yet as he scanned them, eyes wide and round, his gaze suddenly came to rest on one face in particular. In that moment, he knew. This one needed him. She was someone whose heart he could help, he hoped. With that, he opened his wings--which proved to be very large indeed!--and glided as gracefully as a shadow over to Inali.

user posted image

@Captain

Blue - #07161c
Impressed to Inali!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: _________ is such a dark, dark blue that in the darkness, all one can see is his pale face, which appears to be almost floating in the air on its own. His build is very stocky and yet while he has muscle under that dark hide, Inali will definitely have to be sure he does not get pudgy or even fat--he would gladly consume everything in sight if she allowed him to do so! He is a creature built for stamina. He has a thick neck and tail, a broad chest and shoulders, and muscular legs. His wings are very large. Perhaps it is because he is stocky that they are large enough he can easily hide behind them, as he is often wont to do when he's feeling the need to hide or be shy. His light periwinkle blue face with its symmetrical markings above and below each eye make him stand out easily in any crowd.

Personality: ________ hates to be parted from his. He will grow very lonely and seek her out if she leaves him by his lonesome too long, and much prefers to accompany Inali anywhere and everywhere, following her around even if it's from a distance where he thinks she cannot see him if told to stay behind! He tends not to make much sound in general, being a quieter individual. When he does, it's little, soft sounds--unless there's food involved. In regards to food, ________ can become quite troublesome. Fed too many sweets, which he loves--much like his clutchbrothers Kero and Spinel!--he will become boisterous, loud, and troublesome; quite the opposite of his usual quiet, well-behaved and eager to please self! _________ is very easily trained, obeying and understanding simple commands with no issue. He often learns by example and is very adaptable.

In truth, _______ is near obsessed with Inali. He wants to spend every waking moment with her, and to have her approval and to 'help her' in any way he can. This includes trying to anticipate her needs and to do things for her--even if they are things she does not necessarily want him to do! Bringing her shiny things, without often understanding that these things belong to others. Bringing her food, without caring where it came from--including the plate of someone else. He always, always means well. There is not an evil bone in this blue's body. He is sweet, selfless, caring, and just wants His to be happy and for everyone to get along. He is very snuggly, content to cuddle up while Inali is still, and wanting to sleep beside her at night.

_______ is saddened when Inali lies or shows a self-centered attitude. It is 'not nice' to him and he wants His to be nice, and to be perceived as nice. He really wants his to learn to care for others like he does--because caring is something that will make everyone happy, and see her with friends! And ______ does so like to make friends! He can't bear it to be un-liked, which makes him easily influenced by others around them, no matter the species. He tries to copy their actions, and while he will not do anything he feels is 'mean' or 'not nice', he can be manipulated until he learns otherwise. When this happens, ______ will feel very sad and betrayed, and it will take patience on Inali's part to cheer him up. She is his world, after all, and he wants to be with her, always.

Why Inali? ________ is Inali's opposite in just about every way. He is not confident, but shy and unsure. He is kind, caring and selfless. He chose her because he saw that they could help one another, and he thought he might be able to make her heart open up more, to care like he cares. Inali can benefit him by helping him be more confident and by encouraging him to be the best he can be. He will make mistakes and doesn't always do the intellectual thing, yet his little heart is in the right place, and he will grow to be wiser and wants very much for His to approve of him and love him as he does her.

Inspiration: No Face - Spirited Away

There. The last of Cereza's clutch had Impressed, and another to a girl who Azaril saw had no prior firelizards of her own. Cereza, for her part, looked pleased. She crooned her pleasure to Ascent, satisfied that her job was done, and that he had sired a fine, fine clutch by her. Had he seen that there had been a bronze, like himself? And a red, like her! Also another little queen, and a smaller king. She was not simply proud of them, though, but of all her children. The smaller colors had all been wonderful, had they not? Not a one had been a dud, nor gone wild. Smart children. He had given her a fine, large clutch. She would perhaps mate with him again, as he had proven himself not only a capable mate but also a dutiful one. She was very pleased with him, for the moment, as well.

Azaril, for her part, gave Rider an apologetic look. She had been hoping he might Impress one of the babies his 'lizard had sired. Still, he did have Ascent, and most of the people who'd Impressed had had nothing. If she'd her choice, one of them would have gone to him. She was about to speak, when all of a sudden, she heard the sound of an egg shattering. The contents of that egg seemed to be attacking the other egg, which broke open to reveal a second firelizard, who the first looked surprised to see. The first was an orange, yet not at all like the orange that had hatched from Cereza's clutch. This one was larger--or perhaps it only looked so, because it was so muscular for a hatchling that at first, Azaril was not altogether sure it was an orange. It was standing on its hind legs, balancing on his--no, her, Azaril had to remind herself!--thick tail, wings spread for balance. She was a beast of an orange, with long, softer spines all down her back and tail that seemed to drape into one another like thick strands of fur, almost. She didn't look graceful in the way the other orange had--no, she looked like a wild thing, this one.

The other egg that had broken open revealed a firelizard Azaril would have thought to be a brown. Only it was larger than a brown, and the color was not quite what she was used to--especially not the markings on the face! Confused, she tried to surmise if it was a brown or not, watching as it stood and shook the remainder of the egg and goo off of itself in a mannerism that reminded her of Fenris or Naga shaking off water. It was also muscular, stockier than what she suspected it could have been--a tan. It sat down and scratched behind its head knob, once again reminding her of her canine creatures, and eyed the orange impassively. The orange snarled, and was about to launch herself at her clutchsibling--they'd been found on the beach, side by side, in a nest all alone. There were some smashed shells, so Azaril had figured a predator of some kind had gotten to them. It had been sad to see, but she'd saved these two, at least.

"Don't fight!" She admonished, not wanting to see the one attack the other. The orange wasn't listening, though, and so she stuck her hand between the two, only to receive the scoring meant for the other. She winced, and withdrew her hand, but it was too late to prevent them both looking at her. She took a stumbling step back, realizing she'd drawn their attention and had not wanted it, but it was too late. Rainbows of Impression in not one, but two pairs of eyes.

TOKEN ORANGE!

user posted image

Orange - #d08e2d
Impressed to Azaril!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: Tora is a large, muscular orange who rivals a bronze in build. There is seemingly no fat on her, though it's reasonable to assume there must be some in that orange body of hers! There is no mistaking her color, however--a bright, vibrant orange with some darker brownish-orange on the upper half of her face, and all along the back of her neck, back and halfway down her tail, as well as her spines. These spines are long and not very stiff unless she is angry. They fall in such a way as to appear to lay over top one another, giving them the appearance of thick strands of fur, almost, especially nearing her tail. There is some darker striping on her face and forelimb, and long, wicked claws and teeth speak of a 'lizard one does not want to mess with.

Personality: Tora might not be vain about her appearance, but is certainly so about her abilities, and how she can stand up to even the larger 'lizards. She is overconfident and conceited, believing herself to be a most powerful creature. She is prone to boasting--insofar as a flit can do so!--and is more than willing to back up these boasts with action. She can be very testy and volatile, and extremely stubborn. Nevertheless, she is not the best leader and Cereza and her tan clutchsibling both are far more capable of doing so. She is always challenging her clutchsister, though _______ doesn't put up with it and has learned to just ignore her.

Tora throws temper tantrums like an immature child when she doesn't get her way. Azaril will have to be very firm with her--she may be the most challenging of her faire. She does enjoy human food, though--especially anything with meat--and Azaril will find she's more amicable if she's well fed and has her needs met. It won't change that Tora is difficult, stubborn, and full of herself. This orange can behave in a way that isn't at all bright, and outright childish, and will try Hers' patience to no end. Luckily, she is a devoted creature, though she likes to push every boundary and test Azaril non-stop. Eventually, Azaril will learn that if she puts her foot down, Tora will sulkily give in, and eventually get over it. The orange does hold grudges, but when it comes to Hers, she is actually loyal when it counts, right up to being willing to fearlessly protect her, if need be. She doesn't lack courage, at least--no one can say she's a coward, after all, when she is clearly the strongest of the lot, right...?

Inspiration: Tora - Ushio & Tora

TOKEN TAN!

user posted image

Tan - #675832
Impressed to Azaril!

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Appearance: This tan is built more like a brown than a tan, with her muscular torso and a build that is not altogether unlike a canine's in a firelizard form. She is a solid creature, but everything is in proportion. Her coloring is darker, for a tan, though her face, under her neck and a little of the upper half of her chest is undeniably as tan as tan gets. For this reason, Hers identified her color, while otherwise wondering at it. She has a rather large head and thick neck, leading to that larger chest and torso leading to a more tapered waist and proportionate legs and tail. She does tend to have the slightest bit of pudginess, yet because it's hardly notable or effecting her well-being, Azaril lets her be. Her wings are neither too large nor too small, if not perhaps a little long. Her head knobs look almost like canine ears in shape, don't they? Azaril seems to think so! Azaril will have a collar made for Holo with an 'H' on it, simply because the firelizard behaves so much like her icehowler and canine, she simply couldn't resist!

Personality: Holo has a very carefree and detached sort of attitude. Like all of her color, she seems a little 'off' at times. She will be more attached to Fenrir than any of Azaril's faire or other pets, and by default, Naga. She will copy the pair, behaving like she was a canine herself, and perhaps believing it! She is ridiculously easy going, never really falling prey to her clutchsister's taunts and efforts to engage her in squabbles over who is in charge, or even to start fights. She simply seems to ignore Tora. She can be more of a loner than most of Azaril's others, content to do things on her own and amuse herself. She can seem a rather simple creature, loving to play very canine-like games like fetch, or to sleep, stare at herself in the water, and seem to be 'day-dreaming'. She is at least not lazy, and is trainable, even if she sometimes gets distracted!

Holo has a very keen sense of smell and enjoys following her nose to all sorts of strange, tasty and new scents. Sometimes this leads her into nosiness or troublesome situations, yet she is quite friendly and easy going, so can usually manage to make new acquaintances wherever she goes. She values and is loyal to Azaril, her faire, and Azaril's creatures, regardless of being more of a 'lone wolf' than the others. For a tan, Holo is surprisingly intuitive and sensible. She seems to know when something is amiss, and perhaps because she is always idly watching and staring at people and things, she notices things before some of the others do. She may be a bit strange, but she's a fantastic addition to Azaril's faire, who is always there when it matters most.

Inspiration: Hige - Wolf's Rain

She had somehow ended up with four new firelizards, and not a one of them she'd expected. She hated to think 'not wanted', yet how was she supposed to keep up with them all? One at a time had been tricky. At least she'd had practice? That was the only thing she could think, besides feeling guilty that in Impressing four, she'd denied four other people one of them. It was hard, in truth, to feel horribly bad about it when the minds, all now somehow part of her own, were all so different and fascinating, and she couldn't help but love each and every one. Next time, perhaps she ought to give people eggs, like when people bought one? She doubted Cereza would tolerate her eggs being given out like that, yet even though it was her firelizard, and she'd found the two in the pot, it didn't lessen that she thought each and every person should have one.

"You're Tora, and you're Holo," she told them, speaking first to the orange, who she had had to distract from the tan by offering meat, and the tan, who hardly seemed to acknowledge the orange, and instead seemed more fascinated by Fenrir and Naga, staring at them in a fixated manner, so that Azaril had to shove the meat in front of her face before she would notice it. Well...she'd always heard tans were a little...strange. Holo would be no exception, she was sure.

Turning to the room of people, she tried not to redden. She'd not had to address so many people at once, but she wanted to at least thank them for coming and apologize to those who had not Impressed, while congratulating those who had. She mostly liked to take Thanatos along the beach, and so, she found something else she might say that would hopefully cheer up those who were going on their way with nothing.

"Thank you all for coming, and congratulations to those who Impressed! I apologize I didn't get out of the way fast enough..." And here she did redden a little, before clearing her throat and continuing, "I often find eggs on the beach, and I'm sure there will be other clutches from Cereza...or one of these two." She indicated the tan and orange, and then said emphatically, You're all welcome to come attend those--especially those who didn't Impress today--and I'll try to do a better job staying out of the way next time," she added, brows furrowing slightly. She had really hoped everyone who showed up might get one. Yet she knew that this wasn't how things worked. She knew she had little control over who was picked--even if she blamed herself for the orange and tan Impressions. She had spoken without thinking, and had found herself with two more she never intended on.

Walking back to where Ruliana was petting Naga, she offered a shy smile. "She seems to like you," she told her, watching as people began filing out of the room. Soon things would be back to 'normal'...as normal as they could be, now that she had even more creatures to care for. She doubted she was going to get much sleep with four new mouths to feed, four new hides to oil. She knew that there were people in the Weyr who had a lot more firelizards than her six. Maybe she could ask them how they managed...
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr