April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Candidate Lesson: The Stands, {Everyone, even non-Candidates}
Rowana
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 02:10 PM
Wingsecond

N/A

858 Posts
682 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Jaquin hadn't heard of Toreyo, but that wasn't necessarily surprising. He hadn't met many riders unless they'd come into the infirmary while he was on duty. He didn't think there was anything wrong with being little known though. Being well known seemed to come with a boat load of problems he would rather not deal with personally. Besides, anyone strong enough to be a rider and fight thread was something special in his book. "She still must be something, going out to fight thread and all," he told Torena with a smile.

He was a little surprised to hear Torena had been a candidate for that long. It wasn't unusually necessarily, he was just surprised someone like her hadn't Impressed yet. There were a lot of eggs out there, though, so maybe this time would be lucky for both of them. "Yeah, it's my first time standing for whers," he admitted, rubbing his neck nervously. He still had doubts that was a very good idea, but since both the clutches were together, he figured he might as well try it. "I've been to a lot of hatchings and only seem to get bumps and bruises for my trouble," he explained in a laughing tone. Sometimes he got a lot worse than bruises, but he didn't want to scare or worry her. "So I thought it might not hurt to increase my chances a little. Dragon or wher hardly matters to me. Long as I can still work with the Healers."

@Ree
PM
^
Ree
 Posted: Today at 02:33 am
Candidate

N/A

25 Posts
15 Marks

”Yeah, I think so.” She giggled at his response. Being a rider at all was really impressive, and the only true thing she wanted to do with her life. She wondered if she’d feel that way if she’d known her father better, or if her mother had been anyone else. People from all walks of life really seemed to admire dragon riders, so maybe she’d be just the same? Or maybe the thought of going into something like beastcraft would be a bit more palatable. Either way, it didn’t really matter. She wanted a dragon, and she was going to prove herself worthy of one of the dragonets in one of those eggs. She could feel it in her blood – her time had to be coming soon! ”But then, I’m biased. What about your family, though?” They’d talked a bit about hers – at least, about her mother – but she couldn’t remember anything that had been said about his. She hoped it wasn’t a touchy subject…

He admitted that it was his first time standing for whers, and she nodded, frowning when he said he’d been to hatchings but none of them had worked out for him. ”I think I can understand that. It’s tough facing disappointment, but I guess not everyone can Impress at every hatching. From what I’m told, they purposely get a lot more candidates than eggs to make sure as many dragons as possible survive. Not sure how things are for whers. That’s a good outlook, though. Maybe I should try my hand at a craft or two to see if anything calls to me beyond this.” But that would take up what little free time she had, and she wasn’t sure how well she could handle that added stress.
@Rowana

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Today at 02:37 am
Wingrider

N/A

71 Posts
480 Marks

"Yeah, and some of 'em will do anything to get to the one they're attached to." Emeron made a face. "Though seeing the armor come around made it a lot less scary." He said. "But I'm to the point of eh, if I die out there then so be it." He gave a shrug. Maybe this was why he had never impressed, he just didn't think it could happen. Maybe they sensed that. "I cared a lot more, when I was little and dumb, thinking I'd impress a dragon any second. But I got over that real quick." He frowned. "Who knows what I'm tied to, maybe even a beast that has never or will not ever grace the sands. But I just gotta keep on goin'." He paused. "Not much else I can do, I've got no real good skills, I break everything I try to fix, I'm bad at healing and can't figure out herbs, pretty much stuck at this point." He shrugged again. "But for a moment, when those eggs start rocking, I get a little bit of hope."

He looked ahead. "And then it's crushed." Maybe he could be good as a Harper, he was kind of poetic in a way. A sad way that no one wanted to listen to, he was sure.

"If it's a literal bite that leads to something bonding to me that isn't an ancient dog, I'll take it." Emeron said with a look back at her. He did smile though, as pessimistic as he was, he was truly a good natured person. If she was bad at conversation, Emeron didn't seem to notice it, or maybe he seemed to not even question it. He just smiled at her. "Don't go getting my hopes up, I can't be expecting anything if I wanna come out of this with my little bit of heart still in tact." He could talk to anyone and for days and says it seemed.

Emeron gave a heavy sigh and made a face. "Oh yeah, was too worried about the chaos of two queens on the sands to even think about that." Way to bring him down further. "I hope there's not too many, we've got a lot of good candidates this time that deserve these beasts." He waved a hand over. He clearly was not one of the deserving ones, but others, of course they needed them! He wasn't going to jinx any of them with his own doubts.

A few blinks were made as she became cold as the frosts of that horrible storm and he put his hands up in a placating way. "I was just teasing, no real mean to actually pry." Ugh, he deserved that though.

She calmed, though the damage was done, and he hung his head a little. He turned his eyes again from her and to the eggs. "I'd be happy to get anything." He said, wistfully. "My entire family are a bunch of riders, and the youngest is a candidate out here too." He sighed heavily. "I don't care at all what I get, I just want one. I want that closeness, a bond, the love I hear you feel." It hurt, to think that his sibling might even impress here a dragon, when he couldn't even get a Wher. "I think Whers are just as good as dragons, even if they can't really fly."

@Blot

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Today at 08:28 am
Wingsecond

N/A

858 Posts
682 Marks

“Oh, ah,” Jaq scratched his head, looking a little embarrassed at the question. He wasn’t very comfortable talking about his past or his family, but it seemed only fair since Torena had shared hers. “My folks weren’t anything special, but I’d like to think they’d be proud if they could see me now,” he said, with a touch of sadness. He could barely remember them so the loss didn’t hit him that hard, but he sometimes wondered if his life might have been different if they were still around. “Pretty sure my uncle was glad to be rid of me though. We haven’t spoken since I left for the Healers.” He shrugged to show he really didn’t mind that. It wasn’t like they had ever been that close.

He was glad of a change of subject away from him. “True enough,” he agreed with a nod. “We need as many riders as we can get these days.” His thoughts drifted back to the terrible threadfall that had brought him to Ista in the first place. “Never hurts to try new things, but I’m sure you’ll Impress soon,” he added with an encouraging smile. Of course he had no way of knowing, but he did hope so. He wanted Torena to get to live her dream.

@Ree

PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr