April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Short Straw, [SU:18 - Vessa/Teral]
Ives
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 11:12 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks
Member Inventory: View

As the green’s bulky form bounded ahead of her Vessa rolled her eyes and found herself grateful she’d taken the time to double check the knots securing the glowbaskets on either side of Vessk’s harness. If she hadn’t she likely would have been picking up glows all the way from the dining hall to the barracks. With a snort Vessk came to a stop just in front of the tall candidate, tilting her head to look up at him with one eye as her handler caught up. Holding her own glowbasket she grinned as she finally reached her brother, ”Looks like I finally drew the short straw and get stuck taking you on patrol.”

Holding the glows up she wrinkled her nose and stuck her tongue out at him - it had always amused her that he was nearly a foot taller than she despite being almost two full turns younger. ”How are lessons going? Please tell me you haven’t managed to make a fool of yourself, you know I actually know the people in charge of you.” Gently poking a finger at his chest she narrowed her eyes playfully, ”So you’d best be on your best behavior.” Giving him a hard time was fun, especially since she knew he wasn’t the trouble making type.

Turning she led the way without waiting to see if he was following - with his long legs he’d catch up quick enough. Handing the glowbasket to him when he fell in step next to her she whistled for Vessk to take point, Think get blue! No brown! No bronze! Bouncing next to the siblings she quickly bounded ahead of them, paying attention to their surroundings despite her excitement. She liked to guess what Teral would Impress every time she saw him. ”Sometimes I think she gets more excited about seeing you than I do.” Another bright grin was offered up at him as they followed the well trodden path through the weyrbowl, they wouldn’t be leaving the safety of the Weyr’s walls tonight.

@Jenn

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 01:23 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

82 Posts
23 Marks

"Like it's much of a hardship!" Teral exclaimed on a loud laugh. Vessa was one of the few people in Teral's life that he could set aside his nature and be who he was beneath that stoic and stern demeanor. He always appreciated that about his sister. She allowed him to be who he was and didn't think to change him. He knew that if he impressed a wher at some point he'd be changed on a certain level, but right now he wasn't a handler and he couldn't allow himself to be the happy go lucky person that was there. "You know you were waiting on pins and needles for the chance," he continued with another chuckle.

"Gonna have to grow at some point short stack," he said as she stuck her tongue out at him, "I would have figured you'd catch by now!" Just as much as it amused Vessa that he was younger and taller, it amuse Teral just as much and he never missed an opportunity to rub that fact in her face. "Good," he answered, "Harder than I thought they'd be. Fishing was easier!" He scoffed, "As if I'd make a fool of myself in front of people. I do the lessons like I'm supposed to and keep out of trouble." He truthfully would never imagine himself getting in any type of trouble. Teral's world was very strictly black and white when it came to rules and regulations. He'd never dream of letting himself get in trouble like some where wont to do.

Long legs ate up the distance until he was next to her and took the glowbasket she handed over to him. "Oh I see now," he joked, "You just wanted a burdenbeast!" It felt good to let loose and have fun for once. He shifted over slightly for the bulky green so she didn't knock him down and he laughed again. Vessk had very pointed views on what her handler's brother should impress or want to impress. "What if I think orange? Maybe red!" he teased the wher, "Maybe blue won't do!" Truthfully he'd be happy with whatever decided to take him on, though he could never really picture himself with a red wher. He shuddered at the thought of such a volatile wher under his care. "Of course she does, don't you Vessk?" he asked, "I'm the best there is."

He followed along with the wher pair as they showed him what to do. Not that it would be much of a patrol, they were to remain within the weyr but Teral listened intently as his sister explained the ins and outs of patrol to him. "Do you think I'll actually impress?" he asked suddenly. He might be a bit worried that he never would and needed his sister's reassurance.

@Ivy

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 12:44 AM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

”You know I never got a first hand look at the plight of candidates,” she teased as he complained about lessons being hard, ”Vessk picked me from the stands.” Beaming with pride she continued along the well weathered path through the weyrbowl. Pointing ahead of them she let her finger swoop to the left to demonstrate the curve they’d come across up ahead. ”We’re on this half of the bowl while another patrol handles the other half. We’ll cross where each of the patrols loops and then retrace our steps back this way. Some evenings the patrols switch and just do a whole circuit of the bowl itself. Not all that glamorous but necessary work all the same. We help keep an eye out for weyrlings who might be sneaking out and about past curfew while their dragons sleep. Or wherlings who are getting into trouble when their ‘master’s back is turned.” Chuckling she added, ”Or misbehaving candidates, we’ve caught a few of those too.”

With each step the bulky green bounced, she knew just how happy having her brother here made Vessa and thus it made her happy. No think red for Vessa’s clutchbrother. Think something else. Ever meet red? No good. Though she’d yet to have a viable clutch of her own the green felt she knew everything there was to know about hatchlings. Someday she hoped to have real first hand experience. Green be good. Or Gold! Gold like Vessk’s daughter.

Leaning in Vessa shook her head as she looked up at her younger brother, ”Nothing in all of Pern could convince her that Nevisk was not her daughter. We found the egg she hatched from you know, in the tunnels below Western. Scary to think they were under your feet all that time.” Then he asked her a question she had not been expecting and she tilted her head in surprise. ”Of course I think you’ll impress. You’re my brother after all, and the best there is.” Ribbing his side with her elbow she flashed a bright smile. ”Don’t go second guessing yourself, not now not ever. Doesn’t matter if it doesn’t happen soon or if you’ve gotta stand a few times. I can’t imagine all the whers overlooking you, you deserve it more than most the folks I know.”

@Jenn

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr