Aren't these characters unwanted? Why are they adoptable? Why should I adopt?
At times players may lose their muse in a specific character and put him/her up for adoption so that another player may continue their story. Other times characters may be put up for adoption because the player left the site. Whatever the reason for the character being added to the adoption list, everyone benefits when they are adopted! Not only do adoptable characters come with backstories and/or bondeds they may come with familial relations still in-play and/or other players eager to begin roleplaying with them again. Did we mention that adopted characters come with a free character slot?! Adopted characters do not count against your current character limit and there is currently no limit to how many characters you can adopt!
Adoption Checklist & Rules:
1. If the character you are interested in has special instructions listed please follow them prior to contacting staff to reserve the character. The special instructions may involve talking with the character's former owner, a player who has substantial input on the character (such as the player of the character's romantic interest or family member), or talking with staff. Some characters may require an audition post, some may require an application with no reserve, etc.
2. If the character is open for reserves, apply to reserve the character by messaging the staff (please message the admin & mods for a prompt response). Once the staff has approved your reserve they will mark the date on this page on the character you have reserved. Reserves last for 2 months after which time if an application has not been submitted to and approved by staff your reserve is dropped. There is a two week waiting period before you can re-reserve a character. Applications will be held in the event you wish to re-reserve and apply with that character after the waiting period.
3. Read the character's existing history and ensure it is up to date - check the site's history to ensure no important events are missing. Remember to consider how the character would have reacted to different events!
4. Read other personal threads involving the character and take note of any recurring characters or themes - if a recurring character is played by a current player, feel free to contact them to see if they have any thoughts on the relationship between the two characters. Keep an eye out in personal threads for any changes that are important to your character's history as well - have they Impressed pets that were not listed on the profile? Did they achieve a new rank that was not noted in the profile?
5. Re-write the character's entire profile in your own words! This includes all aspects of the profile - don't forget their bonded if they have a dragon or wher; they are characters in their own right too! Be sure to check the archives to see if their dragon or wher had any Flights/Runs or subsequent clutches so you can add that to their history!
8. If there is anything you are unsure about or are having trouble finding, ask the staff (PM admin and mods to get the quickest response).
9. When you have completed your app in the WIP Closet, don't forget to post beneath it that you are ready for review so staff can go over your application.
Why re-write the character's profile?
We believe that it will prove you have found a connection with the character and can keep both the spirit it was originally conceived with and any changes that have happened over time in mind.
Why are certain character's marked as 'No Reserve'?
Staff will mark certain characters as 'No Reserve' at their discretion. This may be due to the character's rank, the character's accumulated pets, or other various reasons. All characters bonded to a 'shiny/special' dragon or wher cannot be reserved. This allows all members a fair chance at said characters given varying time zones as well as real life responsibilities which allow some members to be online while others are working, sleeping, at school, etc. If you have an inquiry about a specific character's 'No Reserve' status you are always welcome to reach out to the staff - but be advised this does not guarantee the no reserve ruling will be removed. Once there has been interest in a 'No Reserve' character Staff will implement a timeline during which applications are open - all members interested may apply during that time and at the end Staff will make the final decision on who will be playing the character.
Please be advised that adoptable characters belong first to the originating player, and second to Dalibor. You cannot take an adoptable character to another site after adopting them here. If the originating player wishes the character to be removed from play, we will acquiesce.
No reserves. Application required.
(Added Jan. 2018)
Owns Sterile Female Tunnelsnake Senka
KELAH: 23, born WI 194. FIERY. COY. FATALISTIC.
KESK: 3, born AU 14. STUBBORN. WITTY. RELIABLE.
Significant Relationships: B'oh of Iron Khadroth, younger brother who recently transferred.
Backstory: Born in Fort Weyr. Afraid of heights. Sr. Apprentice Smithcrafter.
No reserves. Application required.
Applications being accepted until 1/16/18, noon PST.
(Added Jan. 2018)
Owns Pink Firelizard Eldy
SERLIE: 13, born SP 5. NAIVE. IMAGINATIVE. SHY.
EZALOTH: < 1, born WI 17. WISE. LOVING. CURIOUS.
Significant Relationships: N/A, various friendships.
Backstory: Both parents transferred away from Dalibor. A number of her friends have also transferred. Recently Impressed a dragon!
[Reserved by Meloneth: 11/21/17]
(Added MARCH. 2017)
Owns: Gray Pillie Misty (SU:11); Pink Firelizard Glinda (WI:5); Yellow Firelizard Helios (AU:7)
Qu'yn: 24, born Winter 193. Creative. Chivalrous. Day-dreamer.
Mydekoth: 10 , born Spring 7. EXTREMELY Imaginative. EXTREMELY Friendly. Childlike.
Significant Relationships: Mydekoth was very fond of Gray Luneth and was friends with Cyan Mysqith.
♦ indicates character is reserved by another player.
Putting a character up for adoption? PM the staff with this information filled out:
[*][URL=CHARACTER SHEET URL][color=#DRAGON HEX][NAME, RANK OF COLOR DRAGON][/URL][/COLOR]
(Added MONTH. YEAR)
NAME: AGE, born SEASON YEAR. THREE, WORDS, DESCRIBE.
DRAGON: AGE, born SEASON YEAR. THREE, WORDS, DESCRIBE.
Significant Relationships: NPCS, PCS, OTHERWISE
Backstory: SIGNIFICANT CIRCUMSTANCES SUCH AS RANK/BIRTHS.