April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

WANTED: Master Harpers & Apprentices!
Ruriko
 Posted: May 7 2018, 03:23 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

621 Posts
245 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Hey there Daliborians!

After Boo made a lovely suggestion that we try and do things to encourage Hold play more, I spoke to Ruin about how we might incorporate more into the crafts--namely Harpers! We all know and hopefully love the Harper Hall Trilogy. I for one, have always loved and held a special place for Harpers in my heart. So, the idea was as follows:

There is already a Harper Hall at Western Hold. It has a Craftmaster, who is an NPC, so no need for that. They are NPC but run the Hall. What it does not have in play are Masters or apprentices. Also Journeymen might stay there, at least some! To help out, or what have you. In the books, there are Masters at a Hall that teach a specific section: voice (singing), drums (relaying drum messages, drum instrument), archivist (history of pern), composition (writing music), instrument (making and playing), musical theory (understanding music), dance (obvious, can include defense), and even a head cook, master healer, and headwoman stationed at the Hall! So, my goal is this: get a Master in each section, and hopefully we can get a head cook (obvious), master healer (obvious) and headwoman (watches over apprentices, organizes what the Hall needs, keeps things in order) there too! I offered to make the Voice Master, and so will put up an application. The other roles are as follows, and I'll update this as we get replies--and hopefully I can get some!--of people wanting to play them.

Voice Master - Master Kasteo - Ruriko
Composition Master - ??? - ???
Instrument Master - ??? - ???
Drum Master - ??? - Eric
Dance Master - ??? - ???
Archive Master - ??? - ???
Master Healer - ??? - Harbinger
Head Cook - ??? - ???
Headwoman - ??? - Leo

If we get enough interest, Ruin says staff will make a sub-board at Western for Harper Hall!

Here's the catch: these characters will be HOLD characters. That means they won't have the means to be traveling back and forth to the Weyr or other Holds unless there is an event like a Gather or Hatching, or some big IC plot reason for them to do so. These are made to be played at the Harper Hall, and at Western Hold. I plan to make an apprentice as well, and we definitely need lots of those! They start at 10 and will be apprentices until about 18 earliest, when they walk the tables. It is more reasonable for it to be 19 or 20, and so that is many RL years and IC turns of fun play for these characters. And there is INCENTIVE! Each player who makes a Hold/Hall only character receives ONE FREE CHARACTER SLOT to do so! Isn't that great? What more incentive does one need to make an awesome new character?

Don't forget: just because you have an apprentice who cannot Impress or Bond right now, does not mean they can't once they 1) walk the tables and are Journeymen, and 2) get awesome pets! Apprentices and Masters both can still get firelizards and all the other wonderful creatures that Dalibor has to offer, besides dragons and whers. This is an amazing way to have players branch out and have Western Hold see more play. An awesome way to create new characters doing something different than the riders and handlers and doots do. I really hope you guys are as excited as I am by this prospect, and feel free to PM or hit me up on Discord if you'd like to discuss further. c:

As a side note: this free slot incentive applies to ANY characters made to be specifically played at a Hold. So not just for Western Hold and Harper Hall. So if you make a crafter or character who will be for Crescent Hold, or a character or crafter who is not at Harper Hall for Western Hold, you will still be allotted a free slot to do so, but the same rules apply: this is a Hold character. Unless they are of some major import like a Lord or Lady, they won't have the means to keep traveling between Hold and Weyr save for for events. Dragonriders aren't going to spend their time ferrying people around without cause.
PMEmail
^
Ruriko
 Posted: May 7 2018, 04:08 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

621 Posts
245 Marks

Upon Cap's request, they are also looking for this:

Wanted for: Baria / Western Hold. Bio
Just a handful of folks I've been NPCing/think would be nice to fill out the holder ranks.

Stablemaster - Male, Late twenties, early thirties. Beastcrafter?
- Kind hearted and absolutely appalled that Baria keeps saddling her own runner. He's a gentle man and one eager to help. He doesn't take no for an answer and absolutely adores his Hold and his runners. He knows all their quirks and habits and will talk about them without hesitation.

Head Cook - Female, Mid-thirties, early forties.
- Motherly, which includes being extremely strict. She's had to run Baria out of the kitchens more than once and has no problem standing up to her Lady. She is not a woman to be messed with and rules her kitchens with an iron ladle.
PMEmail
^
Leo
 Posted: May 9 2018, 12:50 AM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

455 Posts
4109 Marks

If other people are interested, then I'll try my hand at Headwoman. ^^

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: May 9 2018, 09:21 AM
Priderunner

N/A

140 Posts
165 Marks

I can take the Master Healer spot

Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: May 9 2018, 01:13 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

621 Posts
245 Marks

Amazing, guys! That'd be great. I will definitely be tossing an apprentice in there. Honestly, since apprentice is a free slot, too? Come hither, Daliborians! This will be a lot of fun, I promise! ^~^
PMEmail
^
Eric
 Posted: May 9 2018, 02:52 PM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

I'll make a drum master. Ornery old man ahoy!
PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: May 9 2018, 03:53 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

621 Posts
245 Marks

Yay! Can't wait to see him, Eric! c: Five spots left, four if you don't include Head Cook! Then we can hopefully see about getting people to make some apprentices! 8'D
PMEmail
^
summerrain
 Posted: May 10 2018, 12:40 PM
Apprentice

N/A

126 Posts
105 Marks

I'm working on a character for Crescent Hold at the moment.

PM
^
Chimera
 Posted: May 12 2018, 01:05 PM
N/A

N/A

3 Posts
100 Marks

Composition/musical theory master? Grumpy? Eccentric? Old?

YES?

My time has come.
PMEmail
^
Eric
 Posted: May 14 2018, 01:53 AM
Weyrling

N/A

31 Posts
225 Marks

Disregard this silly question that couuld be answered by reading with my eyeholes
PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 15 2018, 06:10 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Tentatively claiming the stable master for Cap http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Smile.png going to potentially have him be related to my old character S'ven

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Yesterday at 12:47 am
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

621 Posts
245 Marks

Do you plan to have the Stablemaster at Western, @Boo?

@Chimera, sounds awesome, Chim! <3
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:26 am
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3121 Posts
2550 Marks

Yes! and he has already been approved now http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Smile.png

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr