April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Strong Hearts, SU:15 {TreasureTrackers Lesson 6-9M}
Azhdarchid
 Posted: Sep 1 2016, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Pipperith squatted in the unimpeded sunlight outside the Barracks, blinking at the directing wave of her rider. She leaned down and picked up a length of thin brown cloth in her paw, clutching it to her chest before a wave from Dan coaxed her into tossing it over an arched frame of thick, bent plant stalks. The wealth of cloth came down on the waiting Weyrlingmaster, promptly flattening him to the ground.

I already called the Weyrlings out, the dragon hummed at her collapsed rider. Better get up quick, they may misinterpret your position as a form of fallibility.

They already know we are all fallible, Dan replied, and took quite the length of time extracting one arm, then another, then his bare torso and finally legs wrapped in light, loose white leggings. He glanced over the hooped structure formed from his and Pip's cooperation, then grabbed one corner of the cloth that had buried him and motioned for her to take the other. Don't you, Pip?

Oh! Well. Of course! Technically mistakes are always possible. From anyone... she hummed, words not especially guarded, and the tail-end of her sentiment rising into squishy, warm adoration of the man she walked parallel to.

"There," he chortled as they fanned the rest of the cloth over the frame. It formed a covered corridor not unlike a stationary wagon-top, but the cloth was thin enough to allow the breezes through, and though it cast the ground below in shadow, the sky was not opaque. "Okay, TreasureTrackers! Dragons follow Pipperith, riders bring your mats in here with me. Dragons please take note that you can spy your human through the fabric here. You will not be far."

He waited for all the human halves of the Weyrling pairs to lay out their mats, the only things keeping them from doing their exercises on the hard Bowl stone. At least the area surrounding the Barracks was no longer flooded and swampy! "How do you feel about push-ups and bell squats?" he inquired, resting a hand fondly on the pile of weighted metal bells just outside the cage of cloth. "Because that's what we're starting with!"

As the Weyrlingmaster laid out along his own mat, demonstrating the push-up technique for a hundredth day, he did not anticipate groaning. Not like the exercise would be a surprise, anyway. He had already shown them the weight of a full firestone sack, they knew the physical requirements of a grown rider. "You may try any of the variations I taught you, except the one where you clap in-between. That one's just for fun!" he advised his students. "Once you have done at least fifteen, grab a bell and start squats. Isn't that a wonderful word? It sounds as silly as that very important and vital exercise looks! But we are all in this together, my Weyrlings, no one will question you here~"

Dan'lusian and I have decided you are strong enough to fly today, Pipperith shared with the babies training after her. Do you sense your rider's muscles working together? That is what it is like to fly. You are nothing but muscle, and your flight is your strength versus the sky. I am sure you can all do it. I want you to line up in pairs behind me, and stretch out your wings all the way! Measure the distance between you and your neighbor, and make sure it is at least half again your own length. I will take off, after five seconds the first pair will follow me, then after another five the second pair will follow them, and so on.

She tossed her head, a slender swan imitating a runnerbeast, and stuck out the blue forks of her tongue in anticipation. Your rider will be busy lifting heavy objects, so I want you to focus on each other. Fly for yourselves. If you falter, tell me immediately and I will catch you. We are going to turn over the lake, and land in the water. Watch the movement of my wings now...

Pipperith remained facing them, lifted her forepaws from the ground, and spread out her wingspars. She rotated her wingarms in circles out from her spine, spindles of muscle gleaming under the Summer sun. Their conformations were much closer to hers than when they had freshly hatched, wings with fleshy bases rather than simply webbed sticks. Her wingsails passed dim shadows across their faces- one, two, three, four -then to human eyes it seemed she simply caught on the wind like a leaf and hefted off the Bowl floor, floating languidly westward. She rolled belly-down, tucking her extra limbs in to either side of her chest and tail, and held her neck very straight as she arrowed out toward the lake, not more than three dragonlengths off the ground.

Form demonstrated, she tilted her head toward the dragonets. Five...four...three...two...one! she counted down for the first pair.

@Rowana @Rii @RhiaBlack @Phryne @Kestrel @Minute

[ What Dan calls a "bell squat" is a "goblet squat" in modern parlance, the Weyrlings will also have some other weights available nearby because you best believe not a single limb-day is skipped at Dali fitness camp. Post your dragonet's flight, your rider's massive bulging muscles or lack thereof, possibly a reaction to said flight, and so on. xD

It's late morning! >.> ]
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil