Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic

 Undercover, SU:17 {PLOT/BY SIGNUP}
Tigersilk
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 03:19 PM
Quote
Wingleader





1073 Posts
885 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Wynmuri/Rasinia (@Rowana) + M'teng/Samakyll choose Option #3: Subtly weaken as much as they can without obviously breaking it.

Samakyll looked the little smithy over with a critical eye as their escort left them. It was a decent enough place, about the size needed for the amount of work this size Hold would need done. Or would need done, if it were actually the honest little Holding it seemed to be and not the headquarters of people who wanted to destroy him and his for the crime of bonding to a mutant beast.

At least these people seemed to be well-organized here, given the numbered rooms and other things he spotted on his walk down here. That might make things easier when the time came to strike at them. Or harder to find, if some of those doors weren't deliberately mislabeled as to what was inside them to confuse their enemies.

Spotting 'Rasinia', Samakyll approached the much smaller woman with a warm smile and a hand on her shoulder. "Hello, I'm Samakyll," he introduced himself, waiting for her response. "Have you done any smithwork before? Can you look over some of this armor and see if there's anything that's badly damaged, or might need me to look over to make sure it's alright? I'm going to look over these weapons and see what's wrong with them, if anything, and if they can be repaired."

While Samakyll busied himself looking over the weapons (the various quantities of which seemed to indicate a concentration on covert operations over outright fighting), he concentrated on his dragon, borrowing the beast's telepathy for a few moments. Wynmuri, M'teng whispered into her mind, letting her wher in on the loop, See what you can do to weaken some of this armor while separating it into separate piles without it being obvious that it's been tampered with. The woman was Pridesecond of his cousin's Pride, after all, and should know what to look for in damages. And theoretically know how to subtly sabotage armor as well.

An evil grin crept its way onto the man's face, though he made sure no-one who happened to pass the open doorway would be able to see it. Or at the very least, see if you can make it cause minor discomfort when worn over time. Especially over sensitive places, because sometime subtle irritations, like a pebble in a boot, could be more useful in stopping an attacker than broken armor could. Depended on the circumstances.

And in a bit, I'll go over them and see if there's any metal pieces that I can adjust to do something similar. This place did have various small tools like pliers and polishers and screwdrivers, after all. Enough to bend metal just a bit in all the wrong right places....

And if you can, keep an eye out for any signs of whers or flitters about here, he continued, while looking over the weapons to see if any of them could be subtlety weakened without the Traditionalists noticing it. We know there's riders who are willing to knowingly ally themselves with eggstabbers. There's bound to be whers allied to these people as well. Half a lifetime of thinking in such terms as this mission had ingrained old habits and thought patterns into him, deeper than he truly expected to find in himself. Then again, if it kept them both alive....

He'd be a fool to think that no-one in this place was skilled enough to not notice even subtle sabotage; they had this smithy after all, and enough of the right stuff stocked in it to indicate that someone else around here knew basic metalworking. He and his partner had to be smarter and subtler than they expected, was all. It may well be that adjusting the armor to be uncomfortable over time could be the only thing they could do right now to stop these people. Better than nothing if so, at least.

Then again, as certain people he knew growing up put it, if a sword won't work, use ten knives. If ten knives won't work, use a thousand pins. Whatever it takes to get the job done.

If it protected those he loved, M'teng would likely do it. Unfortunately for his enemies.
PMEmail
^
Leo
 Posted: Jul 6 2017, 11:52 PM
Quote
Candidatemaster





385 Posts
3102 Marks
Member Inventory: View


[Zasime/Luong and Oreanda/Ashford (@Ruin) team vote: Provide and support an inspiring Traditionalist speech.]

Luong was all smiles as she was led to the designated meeting room, her arms swaying with each step she took, fingertips brushing against the soft cloth of her skirts. The kitchen drudge loved the way the dress moved with her and she seemed to glide rather than walk with all the grace of a Lady Holder behind her guide. (Zasime on the other hand hated how it restricted her movements and longed to return to a nice comfortable pair of trousers once this job was done.) The woman's dark eyes were bright with curiosity once focused upon a frail form that had joined them in the meeting room. It took her a moment to recognize the other woman, but as soon as she had, her face split into a brilliant grin. "Ashford!" She hurried forward to meet the blind woman, arms reaching to gather her into a tight hug. "Oh, I'm so glad to see you again!" She held the hug for the appropriate amount of time between two old friends who were womenfolk, but added in a sly squeeze before parting. "How are you, dear Ashford? Doing well I hope?"

Luong turned her bright smile onto the worried Traditionalist who had escorted Oreanda - or rather Ashford - to the room. "Please don't worry ma'am; Ashford will be safe with me. I promise that not even a mutant dragon could separate us!" She continued to smile until she was certain they had been left completely alone, only then did she allow her lips to twist into an uncharacteristic smirk. "Although, I think you really might be the one taking care of me, Ashford." The prideleader's disguise was truly extraordinary and if not for Zasime's practiced eyes, she might have failed to recognize the handler altogether. It helped that the wingsecond spent more time than most riders down in the lower caverns thanks to her wher-bonded twin. One never knew when associations with the Weyr's handlers might pay off. "So, are you ready to impress some new recruits?"

Once their plan was confirmed, Luong took up position by the door where she could greet the newcomers right away as they entered. "Hello, hello, how are you this fine day? Good? I'm glad to hear it! Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Welcome- oh I'm quite fine, thank you for asking." The pleasantries continued until the last recruit had been shuffled inside and the door shut tight behind them. A quick glance around the room with a big smile still plastered on her face allowed the young woman a moment to size up her audience. 'Tamath?' The dragon's mental voice was soothing as it rolled through her mind: 'I see them.' Great. Now she just had to make up a speech that she didn't believe in off the top of her head. Easy, right?

"Friends-" yes, that was the right word to start off with, "welcome. My name is Luong, and it is my honor to stand here with you. Before I get into it, I'll be honest and say, I had no idea I would be speaking with you today! I only had a few minutes to prepare before you came in, and I realized I shouldn't try to be too witty, or intellectual, or charming; I should just be myself, which is, unfortunately, none of those things!" She paused to give them time to laugh if they liked. "That said, I am, like you, a humble, hardworking person of Pern. I give my thanks to the Lord Holders that guide our holds and the brave dragonriders that protect our people. I stand on tradition, the beliefs that have guided us for turns on end, and have kept us happy and healthy. Women bear and raise our children, the future of us all, and men lead our families with strength. Our dragons are green, blue, brown, bronze, and gold, none of those mutant colors that threaten to end lives with their very existence!"

Luong released a sad sigh as she approached one of the recruits at the front. "Good man, have you heard of the terrible reds that seek only to shed blood as red as their color? They murder our children that we send to the Weyrs and breed in places like Dalibor Weyr." She shook her head from side to side before moving on to another. "Tell me friend, have you heard of the Lady Holder who founded her own Hold? Yes, with no husband at her side! Did you know she is also a rider of a yellow dragon? Indeed. Her late husband, the Lord Holder, was murdered by the rider of a mutant Queen as well. Do you see the pattern here? I admit that I am afraid, afraid for us all, if these attacks on our traditions continue. What will become of our homes, of our families, if they continue? What will become of Pern?" It was getting easier to be Luong the more she spoke. All she had to do was channel her anger and sorrow and direct it into these lies. 'MyZasime...' She licked her lips. Yes, she was afraid- of these traditionalists getting what they wanted. "However, not all is lost, friends! We must stand together, all of us, and stick to what we believe. Together, there is nothing to be afraid of." She looked to Ashford as the word 'together' fell from her lips, a real smile stretching across her face.
PM
^
Tobes
 Posted: Jul 7 2017, 11:03 PM
Quote
Wingrider





152 Posts
1971 Marks
Member Inventory: View


X’ror/Deehujo agrees to run messages to their respective recipients.



X’ror let out the faintest breath of relief as the man caved. Sort of. He was not such a fool to think that his offer was met with enthusiasm—but he had not blown his cover, nor caused deep offense. Or at least not so deep that he was to be thrown back onto a dragon and dumped back off where he had been picked up not even a candlemark ago.

“Oh, I do understand. He must be very busy to keep this operation running so smoothly, despite…” he stumbled a little, clearly searching for the appropriate word choice, “…the many obstacles, in our path. Later, perhaps.” Giving a stiff little bow of gratitude he accepted the sheaf of messages when it was proffered by his Traditionalist handler. His head turned to follow the man’s pointing finger, projecting the image wholesale into Belialimoth’s mind for her to project it further to the dragons or whers left to handle her.

“I would like that. Get to know some of the people, help out right here on the ground, where it all happens, as it were.” With the man’s leave, Deehujo would set out at a smart walk to reach the cave systems, sending the occasional image of a particular face or more exact details of the cave system as he came upon them. It was doubtful, but maybe someone would recognize a particular face out of the crowd, or know something of the particular rock… he certainly hoped so. It was really for the Weyr’s own benefit that he was risking his neck, although the idea of personal accolades didn’t seem so horrible, either.

Their leader is a man. He relies on others below him to manage the balancing of the day’s tasks. I can’t get to him directly, but I am entering the Hold on assignment to deliver messages, he went on to inform Belialimoth. They might as well know exactly where he was and what he was up to. Maybe it would help if he needed their assistance in escaping.
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 02:29 AM
Quote
Senior Weyrwoman





2963 Posts
1015 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Hulair will agree to weapon training

Stathis sympathised with the man's comments. It truly was awful the way in which Western had so fallen from grace. And how was a Steward to even lead a Hold? He nodded his head in agreement as the man spoke. This was something new to Hulair, he had always been a man of honesty and honour, preferring to stay out of the politics. Well, ever since arriving at Dalibor he had, for the most part, managed to stay out of everything but this was a different matter.

"Of course, if we are to become a fighting force worth anything, my skills will hopefully serve our cause."
It seemed as though they were content with his efforts so far and Hulair's mask remained perfectly Stathis.

He coughed and then looked worriedly at his hand. He could have sworn he had just coughed up some blood or something.

"I have killed men before. I could teach this."
There was no lie in that. Hulair had killed men before, and he could teach it. He just wouldn't do it very well for these people. Even if he were to fail here, he would rather not send a fighting force into the very heart of his home. In fact, if he could somehow sabotage the efforts that might be a better answer.


user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Ruin
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 01:18 PM
Quote
Betahandler





3062 Posts
649 Marks
Member Inventory: View


[Oreanda/Ashford and Zasime/Luong (@Leo) team vote: Provide and support an inspiring Traditionalist speech.]


Ashford could do little else but follow the woman that led her. She maintained an almost too tight grip on the woman's elbow as if she would be blown away and disappear into nothingness should she evade her grasp. This was all so new and intimidating, and though the woman had put her somewhat at ease, it was so hard to feel truly capable in this moment. So many new sounds and smells, a place she hadn't had time to bumble around in. It was a relieved sigh that escaped her lips when they finally slowed inside a new building, and then those lips parted in a bright smile. "Lu!" She waited for the woman to come to her, fingertips outstretched and not moving until the other was there within reach.

"I'm so glad you're here, I knew you would be, but I was so worried to come when I would be alone. Oh they've been so kind to me, Lu. They don't mind at all that I can't see, like you said. I know I can't expect too much, but as long as I can help well, I'm ready." Ashford smiled in the direction of her guide as Luong spoke, nodding her head with a demure slowness. "Oh yes, I'll be alright now. Lu always knows what to say, and I'll be listening." She couldn't know that they were alone truly, so she could only give the woman an affirmative, "I'll try my best to do good, Lu, I promise," to her friend's assertion that she would take care of her.

Of course she would.

"Yes," she breathed, but she had made sure to be at the back when the candidates filtered in that she was able to slide in among them, taking a seat with them and seeming nothing but the Holderwoman she was. But when Luong spoke, she answered quietly, her head tilting this way and that toward the new candidates as if imploring them to answer in turn. The talk of mutant dragons made her shiver in fear, the whispers of the Lady Dragonrider and Reds made her shudder. And always she listened, leaning closer to those who would speak to her whether in comfort or in inquiry, and was always quick to back up what Luong was saying with her soft mild voice. A sweet temper to Lu's fire.

She felt eyes on her, could sense them all around, but simply was herself, Ashford, blind and willing as she peered up to where Lu stood.


*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Jul 11 2017, 05:08 PM
Quote
Jr. Weyrleader





809 Posts
347 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Wynmuri looked up as a man entered the room and returned the smile to 'Samakyll'. It was certainly nice to see a familiar face, though she did her best to hide the recognition. It wasn't that hard. She hadn't had the opportunity to work much with M'teng in the past, though she knew he must be capable to be chosen for this assignment. And undoubtedly he knew more about armour and weapons, so it was easy for 'Rasinia' to let him take the lead.

"Rasinia," she replied, reaching to give his hand a quick shake. "I've done a bit, mostly with tools and the like," she added with a dismissive shrug. Her miner persona wouldn't have had much use for weapons in the past. "I've a good eye though, so reckon I can give you a hand."

Wynsk entered her mind then, opening her up to messages from M'teng and his dragon. Wynsk wasn't much of a talker himself, but he understood the importance of keeping these communications as quiet as possible. 'Wyn agrees,' he relayed solemnly. Wyn could feel how tense he was being so far seperated from her. Certainly she missed his keen senses. Finding enemy whers and flits would be easier with him around.

While she worked to separate the armour into piles, she did ask M'teng suggested. It was risky, but seemed worth it if it were successful. Besides, for 'Rasinia' she could always blame her lack of knowledge on the subject of armour. She trusted M'teng could take care of himself too, if it came to it.

Wynmuri/Rasinia + M'teng/Samakyll (@Tigersilk) choose Option #3: Subtly weaken as much as they can without obviously breaking it.
PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 10:11 PM
Quote
Jr. Weyrwoman





2351 Posts
1202 Marks
Member Inventory: View


L'aars/Ninval (@Catsitta)


"First of all," one of the Traditionalists spoke up, "it's important to remember that anyone can be made useful. It just takes time. So there's really no limit on who you might recruit - from a timid little cotholder up to a dragonrider, possibilities are wide open."

"Basically, if it's not one of us that you see here, assume they're not one of us, for now at least. If you spend a lot of time making contacts, you'll get to know more of us." The second speaker considered. "If someone outright disagrees with what you're saying, it's best to smooth it over - say it's something you heard from someone else, play it off as crazy, even if it really isn't at all. But different groups recruit in different ways. We're slow, but effective."

A third one grinned. "Me and him," she pointed at the fourth, "worked on the Western Continent a couple Turns back. We made friends with a mousey little mutant-rider. Took us ages. Eventually she saw us like family - people you believe and are loyal to. We convinced her to attack her sister. Too bad she botched it, but it was a near thing." She leaned forward. "We can teach you how to do that kind of coaxing, if you want."

"Or you can come with me to the more usual group talk," the first traditionalist offered. "Up to you."

Will you:

Accompany Traditionalist 1 (Group Talk Man)

Accompany Traditionalist 3 (Solo-Converter)

Try to leave as soon as possible.



***


M'teng/Samakyll (@Tigersilk) / Wynmuri/Rasinia (@Rowana)


The delicate and rather minor sabotage of the armor and weapons kept in the smithy goes well, and soon there were neat collections of slightly-broken arms and armaments that would subtly bother whoever had the misfortune to use them next. Although about halfway into the task someone came by to check on the pair of them, they didn't seem to notice that anything was wrong - it was entirely possible that they had even less training than Rasinia.

Or did they?

Finally, the task was done - perhaps sooner than expected, based on the halfway-mark check-in. Just the two of them with the completed inspection and nothing to do until someone came back to look over their handiwork. Perhaps, then, this presented an opportunity for the pair.

Will you:

Take the chance to try and explore the hold.

Go request a new task.

Try to leave as soon as possible.



***


Zasime/Luong (@Leo) / Oreanda/Ashford (@Ruin)


The group of newcomers seems quite taken by Luong's fervent speech and Ashford's quiet backing, asking questions of the pair, about what they did, what their hopes were - and sharing their own stories, too. So many of them came from backgrounds where education and news of the outside world was sparse and spare marks were even sparser still. By the time that they drifted out in two's and three's, it seemed highly likely that several of them were caught up in the thoughts of being important to a cause greater than themselves. Hopefully, the infiltration mission would bring this organization down before they got much bigger.

The meeting room fell to silence, with only the two of them left in it, and the Traditionalist who said she would be back for Ashford had yet to return. It gave the two a chance for a decision: stay in the room, or go?

Will you:

Take the chance to try and explore the hold.

Stay put and see who comes next.

Try to leave as soon as possible.



***


X'ror/Deehujo (@Tobes)


It was well worth it to share his explorations with Belialimoth, and thus with those in contact with X'ror's cyan. They took those images to share back with anyone else still around or inside the Traditionalist hold, so that other infiltrators could add it to their knowledge. No one who encountered Deehujo seemed to be particularly suspicious of him, especially since he was clearly busy with the task of being a glorified message runner.

Such a task had more benefits than the excuse to explore, however. He had information in his hands. It might have been important, it might not have been - since each message was folded and addressed to the recipient by name on the outside, there was really only one way to know what was inside.

Will you:

Try to read and/or alter the messages before delivery.

Deliver them all, quickly and untouched.

Try to leave as soon as possible.


***


Leena/Heddwyn (@Aftershock) / Hulair/Stathis (@Boo)


The Traditionalists seemed very well pleased to get affirmatives from both of their new semi-vetted Traditionalists. They wouldn't have been here, after all, if the recruiters hadn't thought that they (or rather, the people they were pretending to be) weren't actually committed to the cause. Unfortunately for them, they were wrong. The two onboarders led their individual charges to a flat space of bare, packed-down dirt, where a handful of others were also gathering.

The people Stathis got to train were raw beginners; many had never used a knife for anything but eating and a few chores. But his job was to teach them where the pointy end of a blade was supposed to go if a swift death was the goal. How well he did so - and how well Heddwyn took to such teaching - was up to them. At the end of the lesson, a more senior Traditionalist came to direct people where they needed to go, and to get thoughts and reactions to the lesson and its participants from certain select members.

Will you:

Request new tasks and go your separate ways.

Request/Agree to "one-on-one" practice time.

Try to leave as soon as possible.



***

DM'S NOTE: Thanks to X'ror, if you have a dragon or wher capable of sharing clear images, you may now have some knowledge of parts of the hold he has encountered. You can continue to share back whatever information you choose through your bonded.


PMAIM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote
Weyrlingmaster





783 Posts
0 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Option #2: L'aars will accompany Traditionalist 3 (solo-converter)

He was disinterested in the Traditionalist's response until one of the men confessed to a rather singular event. One that, had he arrived at Dalibor later than he had, L'aars might not have caught so many murmurs about. He couldn't be sure if he spoke of that incident, but it rang familiar in his head like alarm bells. Were these the men that turned one twin against the other? Made her stab her brownrider sister? It was possible they spoke of a different mutant rider and her sibling, but he couldn't help but think to the talk he heard in the wake of the execution. An execution he attended and watched as the heartbroken rider tried to hold onto her sister as Threadfall approached and had to be pulled to safety. A tragedy possibly spurred by these two.

He was not a vengeful man. But if they were the ones that caused the brownrider such grief, then maybe he could bring her a little resolution by stopping them from harming anyone else. Without enough facts to be certain of his jump in thought, but determined to find out more, L'aars nodded to the solo-operative. He would go with them instead of attending the group talk. He forced a sly smile on his lips, the kind a feline wore before they ate their owner's snyt. The man he pretended to be would enjoy the prospect of causing this breed of chaos, provoking harmless people into violent action just to see what would happen.

L'aars put the smile away a moment later, his head tilting to the side just a hint, "Turned a mutant rider against her sister? Was she bonded to one of those freakish colors too?" He stepped a little closer. "I find myself...curious about how you accomplished it." He blatantly did not address the other 'points' the Traditionlists made in response to his questions. Instead he put his focus entirely on the man and his partner, his determination to learn more renewed.


PMEmail
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 10:30 PM
Quote
Pridesecond





1337 Posts
1709 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Checkpoint #3: Spoil as many supplies as you think safe to.

At least the onboarder was telling the truth about the disarray of the supplies, Tarele as Remigo, mused though their attitude was something that Remigo still didn’t quite believe. Tarele at least was more than happy to use his Remigo persona as an excuse to send images of what the packages consisted of to his wher and his three most trusted fire lizards.


The poison in the Southern Continent bound package was extremely tempting to tamper with, and he didn’t blame the person that he was paired up with ‘Bihaiwen’ acting on his own and do so. Tarele himself didn’t want to risk being discovered, but again the target was somewhere in his homeland carrying goods and packages not unlike this one though for less sinister reasons than what he was looking at right now. Of course it couldn’t be completely obvious that one of the pair had tampered with the supplies, the Traditionalists weren’t dumb after all.

Tarele doesn’t trust that the Traditionalists won’t examine the packages once Tarele and F’dren are finished, said the Brown wher directly to Mifth, Taresk being naturally well spoken for a wher helped in this regard. Tarele is gathering as much information as possible, not sure if enough.


PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 08:55 PM
Quote
Candidatemaster





385 Posts
3102 Marks
Member Inventory: View


[Zasime/Luong and Oreanda/Ashford (@Ruin) team vote: Take the chance to try and explore the hold.]

As soon as the last recruit had been filtered through the door, Luong draped herself over an empty bench and proceeded to stuff her face into the cushion formed by her arms. "Thank Faranth-" that's over, she finished in the privacy of her own head. While the woman doubted the walls had eyes, she knew the walls could have ears, and the last thing she wanted to do was blow their cover after pulling off such an exhausting feat. For extroverted Luong, talking to all those people might as well have been a dream come true, but for introverted Zasime, it was a test of patience. She needed her moments of solitude, time to herself, and she found it in the darkness behind closed lids. The blackrider breathed in. Huuu. Breathed out. Hooo.

Then, she contemplated. Nobody had come to collect them yet. Wasn't this the perfect time to go out and do a little exploration? Exhaling deeply one last time, the woman's head snapped up and her limbs were righted until she had regained the warm, friendly presence of Luong the kitchen drudge. "Ash, it's a little warm in here, are you feeling alright?" The drudge rose from the bench, letting the concern drip from her voice as she neared the other woman. "Should we head outside for some fresh air? Or maybe get you a glass of water? What do you need?" The implication was clear: if you're ready to go, I'm ready. Luong would lead poor blind Ashford by the hand as needed.
PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Jul 19 2017, 12:26 AM
Quote
Wingleader





1073 Posts
885 Marks
Member Inventory: View


M'teng/Samakyll (Tigersilk) / Wynmuri/Rasinia (@Rowana) will go request a new task.

Once the inspection was over, Samakyll took the opportunity to look over the little Smithy more thoroughly. He took stock of what materials were already present, plus looking into any drawers, cabinets, and boxes he found (if there were any present), seeing what other items this place made for itself. Anything like pieces for flamethrowers or pieces of metal used for runnershoes or repairing kitchen pots, he sent back to his dragon, to be catalogued for later use. Any little bit of information would help defeat these people.

Once he was done, he leaned against the forge, looking at the door to see if anyone was there yet. If he had his firelizard Reezin with him, he could be more assured of when strangers approached them, and of their likely intent. But he couldn't have his lifelong companion with him on this mission, so instead his Green sat on his dragon with the rest of his fair, waiting to see if she needed to come rescue him from his folly of going into danger without her guarding him.

He looked at Rasinia for a moment, watching her actions (if she did any) quietly. Samakyll gestured towards the door. "Well, we seem to be done here for the moment. Like to come with me and try to find someone to give us a new chore to do? I'm sure a place like this would have lots of stuff for us to do while we're here."

And perhaps get in a bit of exploring while trying to find someone in charge. ASSuming that their bosses weren't somehow eavesdropping on them already; that was still possible, after all. A million ways existed to do such things, and he learned most of them before leaving Bitra as a youth. No reason to think someone hear didn't know those ways either.

He wasn't foolish enough to think that what they just did wouldn't be noticed eventually. He just hoped that no-one would notice what they did for quite a while, not until they were both gone from this place. Or at least until no-one could remember who'd been here last.

Meanwhile M'teng felt his dragon's presence in his mind, collecting information from him and the other dragon who passed Hold images along to them. He knew his dragon waited for him with a bag of firestone by his side, determined to avenge him if the worst happened to His. M'teng had no idea if a bereaved Szolath could possibly traverse between in that state and come out the other side to wreck vengeance on the Traditionalists.

The Blackrider was just determined to survive this mission and not find out.

PMEmail
^
Tobes
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 11:49 PM
Quote
Wingrider





152 Posts
1971 Marks
Member Inventory: View


X’ror/Deehujo will try to read the messages before delivery.



It was all going rather well, wasn’t it? Perhaps too well. X’ror was no stranger to the expectation of an early, painful death, but he had always thought it would be the devouring fire of Thread, or the endless cold of between. He did not like to think that it might come in the form of a knife twisted between ribs. In the form of someone who passed for human. What a waste it would be, to suffer and die as anything other than a dragon rider.

In the midst of these thoughts came the sudden realization that his sheaf of messages might contain valuable information. Not only that, but they seem to be folded in a way that he might open them and then close them back up again, without their recipients being any the wiser. As he walked, he kept an eye open for a possible spot to conceal himself, someplace where he might have a few minutes to look over the letters without being spotted. He didn’t think he would need much time, but being caught felt like another step closer towards the cold tickle of that indecorous knife.

Finding a likely looking spot, X’ror took one last look around to see if anyone was watching, then slipped into his temporary hiding place. A quick mental call was followed a second later by the pop of a firelizard appearing from between—his faithful little Blue, Cantrip.

Keep an eye out, tell me if someone is coming. And if they see you, act wild, do not lead them back to me, he added to the ‘lizard as he began to open the messages. He would open only one at a time, passing on its contents to Belialimoth before folding it, tucking it under his arm, and moving on to the next. He supposed if he timed it right, even an early discovery would not find him with an armful of clearly tampered-with letters. He could only hope that he would not be discovered at all and could simply delivery the letters after learning their contents, with no one any the wiser.
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Jul 21 2017, 04:38 AM
Quote
Senior Weyrwoman





2963 Posts
1015 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Offer to remain for one-on-one training

The training had to look real. He had to make it look as though they were actually learning something but in reality he was showing them how to leave themselves wide open for attack. It was subtle and careful. He didn't want them to catch on to what he was doing, after all, but Stathis was practiced. He worked hard to try to make it seem as though everything he was showing them appeared to be accurate, exerting himself. The large man sold it as best he could, walking amongst the beginners and adjusting their stance so it felt sturdy but in a fight they would be easily pushed off balance. He complimented their work and sternly provided corrections.

Yet he had to do it subtly. If one of them truly seemed to know what they were doing, he was careful not to correct their movements to make them completely wrong. Just enough. Just enough that a properly trained guard would be able to take advantage of their mistakes. That was what it meant to be a fighter, wait for that opening and seize upon the chance offered to you.

At the end of the 'training' session he turned to the people and offered to remain for one-on-one training. They had to be careful, though.


user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Aftershock
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote
Wingrider





138 Posts
330 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Stay to participate in one-on-one training.

Leena followed her escort to a room deeper inside the cothold, where a number of women and a few men were currently practicing with small wooden sticks obviously meant to simulate knives. Most looked determined, but clumsy, and a man was walking between each student and giving small tips and correcting stances. As she looked at the trainer, Leena had to control her reaction as she recognized a fellow handler from Dalibor... another infiltrator, already! She didn't know the man well, as he was on another Pride, but she had seen him around the wherhandler quarters... considering her normal method of social interaction (a.k.a., the complete lack thereof), she doubted he knew her, so she would have to find a way to let him know she was a fellow without cluing the actual Traditionalists of the truth.

Reaching out with her mind, she contacted Leesk, sending, "Leesk, I know you don't want to already, but you need to get a hold of... um..." Wracking her brain, she finally extracted the man's identity, and his wher, and sent, "Hulsk, find and contact Hulsk, let her know I'm about to talk to her handler, and have her send an image of me to him, so he'll know who I am."

Leesk, on his end, fretted, his nervousness very obvious across their link, but finally replied, "Hide soon, so scared. Me send, but you hide soon, promise." Then, he snuck through the Weyr, finally finding Hulsk and sending to her from the shadows, "You Hulsk, Mine talk to yours, very exposed. She look like this, show Yours what she looks like." With that, the black quickly retreated back to their room to hide out once more.

Meanwhile, Leena approached Hulair, saying, "Hello, sir. I was told to come here for training, and you look to be the trainer. So, what do I do?" Leena was, of course, actually as untrained with a weapon as her persona claimed to be, so she would have no idea if Hulair trained her incorrectly, though she hoped that her message would get across so that he would (if he were able) train her properly, to give her a way to defend herself if things went south.

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Rii
 Posted: Jul 27 2017, 10:18 AM
Quote
Jr. Weyrwoman





2351 Posts
1202 Marks
Member Inventory: View


L'aars/Ninval (@Catsitta)


"Oh, worse, even worse... she rode a brown," the operative told him in tones of someone disclosing something horrible and shameful, the kind of thing that could shatter entire Holds. There were only a handful of female brownriders in the history of Pern, and those were recent. "She escaped death that time, but we have hopes yet."

"You come with me, and I'll show you just how it's done. Me and Shiala there, it's what we're good at. She does the sympathetic and motherly act so well, it's especially good for lonely girls with abandonment issues." He waved at the others and led the way outside. "It's a bit of a hike. We're just going to the next cothold over, there's a young fellow there who's kind of a sad sack. Lonely, misunderstood, blah, blah."

He started to walk down a dirt path. "The key is to win their trust. Learn what they're like. Give them whatever they want, and then you slowly twist their way of thinking til it's just like yours. You can get them to do anything then."

Will you:

Attempt to disable this traditionalist and take him prisoner.

Observe his tactics further.

Request an extraction immediately.


***


Tarele/Remigo (@Mopsy93)


With multiple storerooms and all of them in disarray, the job was one that could take quite some time, even with two people. All of the images of the packages that Tarele sent back to his wher and firelizards were passed on to others back at Dalibor, who made lists of the contents in hopes of deducing what they were for.

Some candlemarks in, a Traditionalist came by to check on the pair and their work - the two get a bit of a close call when a bundle right next to a tampered-with package is checked, but their tampering escapes notice - for now, at least. With hearty encouragement for the pair to keep up the good work, the supervising Traditionalist departed, leaving Tarele and F'dren alone again.

It is apparent that the pair have considerable time before being checked on again, but they still have to make progress on the assigned task. Perhaps the best option is to temporarily split up, so that both aren't trapped in the storerooms for the entire day. However it was decided, Tarele landed with the first opportunity to go solo.

Will you:

Take this opportunity to explore.

Continue to slog through the storeroom work.

Request an extraction immediately.


***


X'ror/Deehujo (@Tobes)


It was a risk to call in one's firelizard to a place where neither hide nor hair of flit had yet to be glimpsed by any of the infiltrators, but perhaps it was a calculated one; easier to excuse a wild firelizard than to be caught snooping and face goodness knew what punishment.

The messages X'ror carried were a mixed bag. Most were rather dull, commonplace messages that held no secret meaning - instructions for daily hold-maintenance tasks. Some lacked enough context to be understood by outsiders. But a couple held juicy tidbits about upcoming missions and preparations. Most usefully, each was addressed by name, which meant he'd now gained more than a dozen names of Traditionalists here.

Oddly, one of the juicy messages is addressed only to "Third", with a room number, rather than a person's name like all the others.

Will you:

Call to see if any other infiltrators are available for backup.

Go deliver the message to "Third" now.

Request an extraction immediately.


***


Leena/Heddwyn (@Aftershock) / Hulair/Stathis (@Boo)


The traditionalist who assigned ‘Stathis’ to training seemed well-pleased with getting not only the guard’s volunteered service for some continued combat training, but a volunteer who was really eager to get that training. He was quick to grant permission for the two to have some extended one-on-one training. Being not trained in combat himself, he didn’t seem to have any idea that ‘Stathis’ who had worked so hard, had trained the vast majority of the trainees all wrong.

Since Leena seemed to have neglected the training she would have gotten in wherlinghood, perhaps a quick refresher course was time well-spent between the two of them. In the meantime, with the main lesson over, the rest of Stathis's students dispersed to do other assigned and necessary tasks, with one or two starting back to wherever their home holds were. Can't be gone too long or someone might notice, after all.

And then the two were alone in the training clearing. It was temporarily safe to converse, and perhaps make a decision on what to do while no one was watching.

Will you:

Train until someone comes back to check on you.

Take this opportunity to explore.

Request an extraction immediately.



PMAIM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 10:06 PM
Quote
Pridesecond





1337 Posts
1709 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Checkpoint #4: Continue to slog through the storeroom work.

Tarele tried not to give away his nervousness as a Traditionalist looked over the supplies that Tarele and F’dren had assembled more specifically the ones that Tarele had tampered with earlier. Of course Remigo wouldn’t have anything to worry about so he had to keep calm as the Traditionalist passed over the tampered items. He didn’t know at the point whether or not the images that he sent to his firelizards and wher was going to help prevent any actions by the Traditionalists but it was better than doing nothing.

He felt that he had pushed his luck with trying to tamper with the supplies of the Traditionalists and he wasn’t sure what else he would be able to gather from wandering around the complex that others wouldn’t be able to find. There might still be other things in the storerooms that would be a useful for those back at the Weyr that wouldn’t have been found during the gathering supplies for the Traditionalists. Even if it didn’t bring up anything terribly useful it did mean that he was less likely to bring unwanted attention to himself from the actual Traditionalists and not those that were trying to take them down from the inside.


PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote
Weyrlingmaster





783 Posts
0 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Option 2: Observe his tactics further

"A brown?" he echoed. "What is this world coming to? Mutants and women riding browns..."

L'aars glanced up at the sky as they emerged outside, separated from the group. His heart beat a little faster. This could not be a coincidence. A female brownrider attacked by her mutant rider sister. How many stories had that exact cast of characters? This Traditionalist played a role in that tragedy. A part of him wanted to grab the man, to disable him and prevent him from doing any more harm. But capturing him would only be a partial solution and leave too many questions unanswered. Such as who he was trying to manipulate and how they were gaining followings from those that were in direct dichotomy with their beliefs. If he kept his head down a little longer, he could possibly learn crucial information without betraying himself as an imposter. After all, the mission was to learn as much as possible, to destroy resources and to capture leaders. He committed the man's face to memory as well as his partner's name.

He lowered his gaze to the Traditionalist as the operative explained his methods, "Anything?" L'aars kept pace as they walked. "You seem quite confident in your methods. I will be sure to watch closely, then." Because his best bet in gaining further insight was to wait and listen. Patience was the key.




PMEmail
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 02:49 PM
Quote
Jr. Weyrwoman





2351 Posts
1202 Marks
Member Inventory: View


M'teng/Samakyll (@Tigersilk) / minor @Rowana for information's sake

It didn't take much wandering before the two encountered another traditionalist - although the hallways weren't exactly heavily trafficked, they weren't completely abandoned, either. People came and went on their tasks, and this one helpfully suggested that he could use an extra pair of hands with big, manly muscles attached to bring in a very special crate that had just arrived. The girl, he added, could try down the hall - their 'headwoman' of sorts always had a good handle on what tasks needed to be done the most.

The fellow didn't give 'Samakyll' a whole lot of options - if there were any objections, they got completely talked over with a no no no you don't UNDERSTAND how important this is. Apparently, Second wanted it very much. Oddly, he didn't give 'Second' a name, although his own name was Eferfal, it was a pleasure to meet Samakyll. "Are you new here? Have you met many of the people around? I've been here at the hold since spring, but they tapped me a whole Turn ago. More than a Turn ago!" was volunteered cheerfully.

Will you:

Disable this Traditionalist and strike out on your own.

Question him for more information.

Engage in silent treatment and just get this delivery over with.



***

Tarele/Remigo (@Mopsy93)

The storeroom task dragged on with a mind-numbing endless feeling that even a drudge would object to. Maybe that was the point - obviously it had been neglected for a long time with things just being deposited wherever there was a convenient space. Organization? What was that for?

Still, Tarele was getting a good idea of the state of their supplies (surprisingly a lot of them - where in the name of little green eggs were the marks for all of this coming from?), and what might be intended for those going out. It wasn't wasted time. Tell Tarele that Jali says thank you, Taresk. We're passing on some information to High Reaches and Telgar Weyrs - it looks like there's a cold-weather climbing expedition planned based on two of the packages you passed on from Tarele. Jali says she suspects a staged disaster - a rockfall, perhaps.

Any further organization, however, was interrupted by a runner popping her head into the storeroom. "Is there a Remigo here? Please tell me there is." She looked relieved at finding him. "You're a hold guard, right? Second wants an outside opinion on something, from someone with combat training. Can you come now?"

Will you:

Decline and continue with the storeroom task.

Disable this Traditionalist and strike out on your own.

Agree and go with the messenger.


***

L'aars/Ninval (@Catsitta)

"Anything," he confirmed. "I can teach you. It's not difficult, it just takes time, patience, and a quick tongue."

The rest of the hike from cothold A to cothold B was an explanation of how he handled cases like these, which boiled down to Basic Brainwashing 101. It was, perhaps, a little disturbing to hear the placid satisfaction in his voice as he explained how to isolate a vulnerable target from those who might interfere, replacing external supports with Traditionalists and their values, bit by bit. "We become their family, their friends, their everything. And at that point they're ours."

He got to see it in action with the man's (who had introduced himself as Petroff) current target. A simple cotholder man, hardly more than a lad, really, who was obviously pathetically glad to see his friend. He didn't seem like he was terribly useful - it wasn't like he had any kind of rank or anything like that, after all. It wasn't until after their visit was concluded and the pair had started back towards their cothold base that he explained. "People in low places are useful, more useful than you think. Who looks at a drudge? Or one dull cotholder out of a hundred at a Gather? You can get a dozen for an eighth-mark, and then we can remove whoever we choose, no matter how high their station. Lord or Lady, Weyrleader or Weyrwoman, Craftsmaster - they won't see it coming, any more than that freak brownrider did."

Will you:

Accompany him back to the cothold alone.

Disable this traditionalist and take him prisoner.

Request backup from Dalibor.


PMAIM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 03:31 PM
Quote
Weyrlingmaster





783 Posts
0 Marks
Member Inventory: View


#3 Call for backup (though the grab him option is almost too tempting for me @_@)

L'aars listened.

As much as it pained him, he watched and learned as the solo-operative went to work. He witnessed the manipulation of a lad hardly old enough to call himself a man--clearly desperate, too eager to see his 'friend' to claim it normal. He was just one of no doubt many that these Traditionalists turned into recruits. This man, Petroff, offered a nonchalant explanation for why these invisible faces were important. They could go anywhere with little notice, and were cheap, bought like a pair of boots from a Trader. He itched to grab the man. L'aars was bigger. He bet he was stronger. Disabling him and taking him prisoner would be so easy...but bore consequences. Such as blowing his cover so far out of the water that he would need retrieval. But the urge to keep the man from returning back to base was strong. He didn't want to risk him hiding should another of the operatives was discovered.

He reached out to Jaireth, at conflict. Duty and staunch morals kept him from keeping a bowed head and following without taking any kind of action.

'JairethMine, I need you to send a message.'

'Are you in danger?' was the iron's response, uncharacteristic worry pulsing through their link.

L'aars soothed his partner, 'I am safe, Jair.' The rare use of a shortened name calmed the iron some. Though it was evident that he awaited the news with trepidation. 'I need back up. Maybe even someone already here can help, I don't know. But I am alone with a Traditionalist named Petroff...' He went on to explain his situation. How the man and his partner worked to recruit people through close interactions, and most importantly, his role in the attack of brownrider Elianne. L'aars shared important pieces of memories for the iron to give as proof to his contact. 'I do not want to lose my cover and cause the mission to go awry. Which means seeking aid. Someone who can help me detain him without making me look suspicious. If none can be provided, I will keep my head down. But I suspect this man is of interest, even if he is not one of the ranked persons of we were assigned to seek.'

Glad that his facade wasn't known for gregarious chatter, he walked back towards the cothold, waiting for a response from Dalibor.

Jaireth would share the information.


PMEmail
^
Ruin
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 04:19 PM
Quote
Betahandler





3062 Posts
649 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Exploring with Luong (@Leo)

Oh, oh, she was feeling quite faint. "It is ever so hot," Ashford simpered, seeming to wilt slightly. "No one has come, I really do need some air," the slender woman slipped her hands around the arm of her friend and seemed to hang there, as if she were a physical weight upon the woman's arm, though there was no such weight imparted to Lu's body. "Will you guide me please? I couldn't bear it if I became lost, they might not accept me after all."

Ashford would stay very close to Lu no matter where they went or what happened, all appearances of being pale and somewhat sweat-sheened beneath the drapery of her dark black hair. She would be listening though, making up for everything that she couldn't see. Perhaps hearing more than Lu herself might take note of. And truly, they had not yet been given another task, surely the Traditionalists weren't here to admit only mindless folk, they would need those with initiative.

"Oh will you describe it to me, please? I'd love to know what everything is like. Is it beautiful here? I hope it is, oh I hope they have space for me."


*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 10:48 PM
Quote
Pridesecond





1337 Posts
1709 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Checkpoint #5: Agree and go with the messenger.

It was time consuming and boring to get through all of the storerooms of the Traditionalist’s stronghold at least it was gathering some more information about what they were getting ready to do if they weren’t stopped soon. Laanasuth says that Jali thanks Tarele. Jali sent information to High Reaches and Telgar, possible staged disaster involving cold-weather climbing with two of the packages, said Taresk mentally to Tarele.

He was so focused on gathering information about the supplies in the storeroom, which considering the person he was playing it wasn’t all that surprising though for different reasons, that he didn’t immediately notice the runner coming in. He didn’t immediately trust that what she said was what he was called up for, after all considering how well run the Traditionalists were they had no reason to trust him all that much when he was so new. He could hardly afford to break character right in front of a Traditionalist even if it meant incapacitating her since he didn’t have any plans on what to do with her afterwards.

“At least I have gotten a good start on getting these storerooms in any semblance of order and I can hardly refuse a summons,” said ‘Remigo’ stepping back from what he was working on. Of course he would be giving as much information as he could along the way, and he prepared himself mentally to defend himself if it came to it.


PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 03:23 PM
Quote
Jr. Weyrleader





809 Posts
347 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Will go request a new task.

Wynmuri nodded in agreement with "Samakyll" easily enough. "I'd much prefer to stay busy than sit on my hands," she replied smoothly. It was a good excuse to have a bit more of a look around too. After all they were new and surely it was expected they would want to see more of their new home? Besides, if they were stopped, they could always honestly say they were looking for more work.

Wyn wrinkled her nose when the man they met dismissed her to the headwoman. "Rasinia" was a little annoyed at the implication she wasn't suited to heavy tasks. She did her fair share of hard work in the mines after all. She was also a little disappointed to be seperated from M'teng so soon, but it would only invite suspicion if she insisted on following as well. So she huffed and muttered something about "men" and stalked down the corridor to see this headwoman.

Actually, seeing the headwoman did sound like a good idea. She, or he perhaps, probably had a pretty good idea how things were run around here and might be willing to share some useful information. It never hurt to make oneself available to the right people. And Wynsk could always get in touch with M'teng or one of the others if she needed.

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 11:02 PM
Quote
Jr. Weyrwoman





2351 Posts
1202 Marks
Member Inventory: View


Zasime/Luong (@Leo) / Oreanda/Ashford (@Ruin)

It wasn't exactly a picturesque or pretty place, not unless one liked sea and rocks and sky. Even the hold's corridors were rough-hewn, a 'best effort' kind of job. As with others before them, they might have noticed that there were people coming and going, not enough to make the place crowded but just what would be expected from a small hold. If it wasn't for their underlying goals, perhaps it would have been mistaken for being a small hold and nothing else.

It didn't seem like anyone took much notice of the two women - there were a couple of quick greetings from passers-by, but everyone had their own tasks to do and no time to stop. Eventually, the pair ended up in a quieter hallway. Quieter, until big, meaty hands landed on them, one on each woman's outer shoulder. They belonged to an equally big man who loomed over them, peering at both. "What are you two doing here, eh? Don't you have something to do?"

Will you:

Fight him. It's two against one!

Try to talk your way out.

Run!


***

Wynmuri/Rasinia (@Rowana)

The menfolk would do whatever they would do. It wasn't a terrible thing to have an excuse to wander around, not when their information about the layout of the hold and its denizens was limited to whatever the infiltrators could pass back to their bondeds, to the mental ears waiting at Dalibor and thus get shared back through the bondeds of the other infiltrators. It was a little cumbersome, perhaps, but it gave them a distinct advantage over people who didn't have a way to silently communicate with people far away.

Coming to a rough-hewn stairwell, there is the sound of some argument coming from up the stairs, and cooking smells from down the stairs. Unfortunately, the stone muffles the voices enough to make telling exactly what was being discussed impossible, but there are two male voices, one who seemed to be addressed as Third. Either that, or there was a very important third something being discussed.

Will you:
Go up the stairs to eavesdrop on the argument.

Go down the stairs in search of the headwoman.

Go back the way you came just because.


***

Tarele/Remigo (@Mopsy93)

The runner wasn't a great conversationalist, seeming much more interested in delivering her message and ushering 'Remigo' to their destination than making small talk. In fact, she didn't speak until they were both upstairs and in a relatively deserted hallway. "Listen. Be really, really polite with Second. He's a stickler." She rubbed her jaw, as if to relieve the soreness of a past blow, although she showed no bruises. "He's just in through that door. Good luck!"

Then she pushed open the door. "Hold Guard Remigo to see you, sir." The runner stood back to let 'Remigo' in, then promptly fled.

Second was a tall man and a lean one, with stooped shoulders and a magnificent head of grey hair. "So you're Remigo, eh. Not like guards in my day, I say. Not a bit. So tell me. What do you think of Crescent's defenses? Are your patrols well-trained?"



Will you:

Tell the truth - there's nothing wrong with Crescent's guards!

Lie - profess that there are weaknesses that could be exploited.

Try to incapacitate Second without answering.


PMAIM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 06:35 PM
Quote
Alphahandler





1214 Posts
4530 Marks
Member Inventory: View


[Ivy volunteers as tribute to assist L'aars!]

Inconspicuous was not a term she had ever heard used to describe her and it was for this reason she had not been among those to volunteer in the undercover work so many others from Dalibor were involved in. Though she wanted to join in and help bring down the Traditionalists she knew it was better left to people who could blend in - with her fiery red hair blending in was quite difficult. Still she could help in some way, or so she had been told. If any of those undercover needed to be pulled out quickly she could be among those ready to go at a moment’s notice. So when Jaireth relayed his rider’s message of needing back up she practically threw herself onto her dragon. A clear mental image was offered from the iron as the pair prepared for the trip between; within two minutes they were both ready in their leathers and straps respectively. A cord of rope was secured to Mysqith’s straps and Ivy carried no less than three blades on her person, just in case.

Someone involved in the most recent attempted murder at Dalibor was with the ironrider, at least that was the information she was given; and all the information she truly needed. Taking off from their ledge she leaned closer against her dragon’s back after securing her goggles, Go.

One… Two… Three…

Warm air met them as they exited the nothingness of between, high above the path L’aars and his ‘friend’ were on. Descending in a fast, nearly dizzying spiral they landed a dragons length in front of the pair. Straps had been loosened during their descent so as soon as they were on the ground the redhead slid free of the saddle and down her cyan’s side. Taking off her helmet a cascade of bright red locks fell free about her shoulders as she approached the men; she had left her rider’s knots back in her weyr so as to not identify herself as being from Dalibor. ”’Lo there! How are you? I don’t suppose you’ve seen a band of traders along the road at all? Apparently one of them stole something from one of my mum’s friend’s sisters when they were last at Ruatha so now of course mum’s got me looking for them on my free days… Just what I wanted to be doing when I’ve finally got some days off from Thread and drills!” Offering a playful laugh she kept up her rambling chatter as she approached the men with a bright smile.

My ivy is here to assist you, Jaireth’s. Mysqith offered to the ironrider while keeping an eye on her own rider, ready to take out anyone who threatened Hers.


PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 04:29 PM
Quote
Weyrlingmaster





783 Posts
0 Marks
Member Inventory: View


[L'aars' reacts to getting back up]

Subtle did not describe his aid.

Interrupting their path back to the base was a cyanrider, who dismounted in a flash of red hair and boisterous enthusiasm. L'aars wasn't sure if he wanted to laugh or smack his head against a rock. He decided, instead, to hide said wants behind a blank stare. The rider claimed to be searching for Traders who stole from...someone...and wanted to know if they saw them. His mind whirled. Perhaps he could work with this. If he could disable this Traditionalist and allow the rider to take them back to Dalibor, he could go back to the base and claim his 'partner' stayed with the boy. Or something. He wasn't good at this spur of the moment, improv acting. Thread and fights he understood. He could even hold his own politically if needed. But spinning a tall tale to keep the enemy from attacking him, well, not exactly his forte.

Thank you and Yours, L'aars thought back to the cyan. Ivy was his backup. She would help him handle this Traditionalist. Apparently. He would trust her and figure out the details later. He took a step back, arms folded behind him, a bow to his head, looking to the world as a man offering his respect to a dragonrider. He lifted his chin to look Ivy in the eyes, "We've seen no Traders on our Path." Hopefully they informed her that he wasn't looking for rescue so she grabbed the other guy instead of him. With a prayer to Faranth that all went well, L'aars dropped his gaze to the Traditionalist and then briefly scanned the area when he was certain the man wasn't looking at him. The area seemed clear. "I'd say move along, rider." He took a few more steps back, as if deciding to simply turn away from the rider until she moved along. He wanted to be out of his 'partners' sight.

With that, he took a leap of faith...

...and attempted to catch the Traditionalist in a stranglehold.

He was larger than most people. One arm usually could lock around the average person's torso, pinning their arms to their sides. Which left the other arm available to catch around their neck until they ran out of breath and fell unconscious. With Ivy there, it would be safer to attempt the grab he wanted to do since they walked to the cothold initially. He wouldn't need to seek out a hiding place to wait out just in case someone came upon them. And if the man escaped, there was someone else there to help catch them. He would figure out his excuses. Now, more than ever, he felt like he was doing the right thing. Between losing this man to losing his cover, he decided that capturing this person was more important. With luck he could lure his partner out as well. L'aars' mind was blank save for this one objective.

Maybe Ivy could help him think of an excuse of why he wasn't with his 'partner' anymore.

.

@Ivy


PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Topic


 


 


Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)


Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates