April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Unofficial weyr Inspection?, SP:18 {Boo}
Boo
 Posted: May 18 2018, 06:36 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Heritage was the lower Flight Wing and the only one led by a fighter dragon. They had one of the biggest responsibilities as they were the last line of defence, along with the Queen wing between Thread and the ground crews. C'ian had always been proud of being in the Upper Wings over the turns, enjoying the sense of danger and adventure but all the Wings had their own specific duties.
"Sometimes it's hard to be friends with the people you work with constantly," C'ian responded kindly, "I found that I seemed to meet more people at the gathers, feasts and other big events."
And then he'd met his Weyrmate during a Flight. That was an interesting enough story.

Another thing to remember is that even if you see the female going to the feeding pens, you should wait until they have called to you. Don't just jump right into following them until you know whether or not they wish for you to follow or if they want just one male to follow. Plus, you should always make sure your Kiveena knows whether or not the female's rider wishes for her to be at the Weyr. Shirath would have been rather offended if other dragons were aggressive with Tserieth. It was probably the only way he would be violent in a Flight.

They were outside now and the lake was in sight. FlittFace seemed resigned to his fate as he was rolled towards the lake. His expression seemed bored and his eyes whirred a yellow colour. Then the blue chirped at Shiff. It was nearly time. Was there anything that needed to be said about this suspicious being?

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 19 2018, 12:59 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1419 Posts
1461 Marks

While the thread that fell on Pern that Dalibor by duty were obligated to burn up to avoid thread devouring every bit of organic matter as it could find was mostly burnt up by the other higher wings the duty of Heritage was just as important. Seeing as Heritage was the last line of defense between thread the Queen’s Wing or worse still the ground though the Wing had more room to work with during a roughly average Threadfall, well as average as it gets. “That’s true, though I do kind of feel like I should at least try though considering how things can change every easily from one Threadfall to the next,” said Kiveena.

Koloth hadn’t really tried to go over to the feeding pens when a rising female went over to them before the female actually called for all of the willing to chase her males of the Weyr to follow her. Shirath’s advice on it pretty much cements it, who knows the female might only want her preferred mate and only her preferred mate present in the flight. Kiveena didn’t really show any interest in being with the person whose female Dragon was rising but that could change especially if she got closer to those around the Weyr.

With the Weyr Lake in slight after climbing down from C’ian’s weyr through the interior entrance, seeing as he couldn’t be expected to climb down a sheer rock face that was the only other alternative available to him. Shiff didn’t really have anything that he could think of off the top of his head as to what to say to FlittFace and gesture as much to Cirrus.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:09 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

It was a reality of their existence that the Wings could change from one day to the next, as Kiveena mentioned. Sometimes C'ian liked the distance between himself and his Wingmates. It meant he felt as though he could exercise his authority if needed without compromising friendships. That said, most Riders understood rules especially during Threadfall. He'd never had a huge problem with discipline during Threadfall. It was during their off time that it presented more of an issue.
"Of course. Perhaps you might even end up in the Upper Wings at some point. Come and join me and my family sometimes at dinner. I can introduce you to Roselle, Rosian, Cairenn and some of the other people I know."

With all the great advice he was giving, Shirath was certain he could make an amazing Weyrlingmaster one day. Then again, that was a lot of work so perhaps he could just crash some of the lessons sometimes.
Finally, the most important thing about Flights is to make sure you don't get upset if you are not chosen. Oh I know I look like I must have seduced many a lady dragon but sometimes a lady is just not interested. Don't be disappointed, there are plenty more dragons out there and there's bound to be one for you. We just move on and accept the choice.

Shiff had no speech to say so Cirrus peeped at his fair brother and then rolled him into the lake. The blue trilled triumphantly whilst FlittFace peeped and then blew bubbles as he sank into the water a little. Then he twisted and freed himself, flying up into the air and spitting water at the blue pillie and firelizard, he betweened back to the weyr and hissed at C'ian.

"Oh, I think your pillie and one of my firelizards just tried to dunk FlittFact here in the lake. Looks like they succeeded."
FlittFace hissed a little in annoyance and landed on C'ian's shoulder with a disgruntled expression.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 21 2018, 11:55 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1419 Posts
1461 Marks

“Maybe, Koloth would probably be happy with that prospect, though it is a big if in terms of being moved to a different flight anytime soon, might be interesting to meet others that know people that I’ve met before,” said Kiveena. Then again things changing wasn’t all that bad, she Impressed Koloth in one day, and she met C’ian today so things changing didn’t alway mean something bad even though it did often times when Threadfall was concerned.

Koloth wasn’t really that unfamiliar with failure in terms of flights, seeing as the one time that he had tried to woo a female Dragon in a flight he had been disappointed in favour of a Viridian. It was good to hear it from another, more experienced Purple though, to know that it wasn’t something that would be a rare occurrence during with any other time that he would take part in a flight.

Shiff watched as FlittFace sunk under the waves of the lake, if only for a short while before he got himself untangled and spitting at the Blue as he darted out of the water before the Black firelizard went between.

“Sure looks like it,” said Kiveena as the Purplerider’s Black returned to the Wingsecond’s weyr.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 27 2018, 06:54 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

"Well, I had best deal with this one," C'ian said as FlittFace landed on his head looking gloomy.

He raised a hand to try to pet the black firelizard who accepted it glumly. He would now have to try to make peace between the two fair brothers but, then again, he could have done something about the dunking sooner. It was kind of more fun this way but he was careful to keep that from FlittFace as he pulled the firelizard off his head and held him lightly in his hand. The lizard's hide was still wet and he knew the only way to appease the black was to oil him and chastise Cirrus.

Mine is calling me away now, if you ever need anything else do not hesitate to visit me. I shall do all that I can to help you. That's what friends are for, after all. Cheerio!
The purple nodded firmly to the burgundy and took off back to his own ledge, landing a moment later and looking to Kiveena.
I have done all that I can to help prepare dear Koloth for his next flight, I hope it will help.

Well, that was very fun and exciting! Cirrus thought, cheeping back at Shiff. Perhaps they would find one another again sometime and Cirrus would be able to act as a spy for the pillie. That would be a lot of fun although he wasn't as good at being sneaky like FlittFace was. It was ok, because he would get better for sure.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 28 2018, 11:26 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1419 Posts
1461 Marks

“Makes sense,” said Kiveena, she probably could’ve done something about the situation earlier, but knowing Shiff he would have probably done it anyways later without anyone anyone around or awake to stop him. Kiveena would have to remind her Burgundy about that last bit of advice later, knowing that Koloth’s memory was about as good as any Dragon’s memory. “Can’t do much about my attitude on flights,” said Kiveena in response to what Shirath had said to her. “I better get going, there’s plenty more to do today without Shiff causing me a headache with his accusations. See you later C’ian, it was good talking to you, even if it started out with Shiff coming in unanounced.”

Koloth himself took note of the Purple’s words and waited a little while before following after the older and larger Dragon landing once again on Shirath’s weyr’s ledge before Kiveena got onto her Dragon for the quick trip back to her own weyr.

Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff to the effect of ‘It was good having another that took what I do around here seriously, we should work together again.’

@Boo

PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil