Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Why Here?, WI;17 {Captain/Navenax}
Aerona
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 04:03 PM
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Nari had been working extra hard today. Her hair was tugged up tight into it's braid. It was kept against her back. Her hands were stained with some of the oils, the scent strong on her skin. This project would take a ton of time, and she was pretty sure that she would be here in Dalibor for quite some time. While she was doing fine at working hard, the others in the group were taking a break. She didn't work well in groups, but it was a big project, so she had put on her 'salesman' face and dealt with it.

So, since everyone else was taking a break, and she needed some water, she decided to head on up to the kitchen to get a big pitcher of it, and some Klah for her and the rest of the group. She was dressed in all leathers, ones that were oiled and bent well, ones she had worked on herself. Pants and a shirt with a small vest over it. She stepped out and began to head through the caverns. There were other crafters here, and she was aware of them, but hadn't really made it a point to interact with any of them. She only met with the other tanners because she had to.

It was surprising though, the moment that they met at one turn. She stared at him, and it took a moment for her brain to catch up. They had only been nine months apart, but it had been years since she saw him.

But no one could mistake that face and hair. "Navenax..." She said, looking at her younger brother. "I see you found your way into a craft." She said, glancing down to his dyed hands. She looked up. "Journeyman too?" She asked, because that would be the only way he was here too right? Flashes of her childhood ran through her head. Guilt gnawed at her insides. When she left, he had suffered their parent's wrath.

"You got out, I see..." She managed to get out. This was the most honest she had been in years, and she didn't like it. "Are you enjoying your new life?" she asked, sounding disinterested, but she was pretty sure he knew her better than that. Annoying, someone that knew the true her was here.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 1 2017, 12:45 AM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
258 Marks

"Nari!"

Unlike his sister, Navenax had turned out as a loving, considerate person. He was legitimately happy even in situations that he probably shouldn't have been. He was just too upbeat to keep down. And that was made obvious when he threw himself at her, hugging her tightly. He was much taller than when she'd left, though still a thin slip of a man. But much taller. And certainly a man, not the wisp of a child he had been. He'd, somehow, grown paler and his hair lighter.

He grinned and flicked his knots. "Yup!" He was clearly proud of his accomplishments and if his currently-green hands were any indication, enjoying it. He glanced past his sister and raised his brows. "Do you have any spare leather? I'd like to try dying it. The colours would be harder to show, but the process couldn't vary all that much..." He trailed off, rambling about colours and ingredients for a moment before he blinked and looked sheepish. "Sorry, got distracted. What're you doing here? Are you happier? You couldn't be bad at what you're doing, not as a Journeyman." He nearly laughed at the very idea.

@Aerona

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds
Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith |
L'ru of Green Syrath |Z'ant of Green Lyraleth |
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth |
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 01:47 AM
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks

She seemed to jump a touch at her name, it was a reaction when she was shouted out, a conditioned response from the years with her parents, and the years of being yelled at by the Tanner master she had worked with. But her name, not many people actually knew her name here, and a voice that was much huskier than when she had last heard it rang through her ears. She tightened her stance as he hugged her, clearly uncomfortable with the affection, not sure how to feel about it at all.

He had always been sweet, her brother, and it seemed he hadn't changed much at all. Even with their parents the way they were, he hadn't been morphed like she had. Nari patted his head lightly and pushed him off her. She was insanely jealous of that fact, his kindness. But kindness got you killed in this world, and her envy faded away just as quickly as it had begun. "You've turned into quite the man, I see, any prospects I should know about?" She asked, sounding like the older sister she was.

Nav flicked his marks and she sent her hands down to her own. They were both journeyman, that was a good sign, both of them were out, which meant there was hopes for the others as well. She felt some relief at that thought.

She looked down at his hands, and at her own. Her gloves weren't on, and they were dyed and oiled, the smell strong, and her cracks and callouses visible on her skin. She then smirked a bit at him. "Of course I've got some spare leather." She said. "If you give it back to me afterwards I can make something with it too, we could work together, think of the marks we could make with that idea..." She said, her mind in a sort of bliss. And how she could work on that when the rest of the tanners went to bed for the night.

"I'm here working on a big project that should take at least a couple of turns to finish." She said, looking at him. "Happier? Not sure that's..." She shook her head. She didn't really know what happy was. "Come with me and I can get you some scraps to play with, mind if I watch a little?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. She hadn't talked this much outside of when she was selling her works in years.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 12:47 AM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
258 Marks

Navenax laughed, grinning toothily at her demands about his love life. "No, haven't been here long enough!" He winked and his grin only grew. "What about you? Anyone I need to beat up?" Like he could do that. He looked like a fleshy twig.

"Just give me scraps for now. I don't know how well it will work. I know others can do it, but I'll have to practice first. It will probably need bleached first..." He started off on a mild ramble, going on about the ingredients he would probably need and the steps needed to take to prepare it, looking over the work behind her as he did so. Shaking his head, he apologized. "Sorry, I got caught up in ideas there. Of course you can watch, though I can't imagine it will be very exciting. A lot of grinding and mixing and waiting. I mean, it's exciting for me but it's my craft!" He chuckled and followed her to sort through scraps.

He rejected ones that were too stringy or small immediately, sorting through the heaps for ones that were more solid and square, or at least lengthy. The bigger the better seemed to be the idea. "I need to see if it all holds dye equally," he explained. "Different thicknesses and such. Can you stitch two of them together like you would if you were using it?"

@Aerona

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Nov 16 2017, 03:51 PM
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks

She stared at his brother as he laughed so heartily. If only she was able to enjoy life so much, he had always been so much more than her. He had taken what their parents done and not let it change him. She frowned at him. "If anyone should have prospects it should be you." She shook her head. Not here long, but still, he was a good man, and a happy one he should have found someone by now. A pffttt escaped her lips as he asked about her finding anyone. "You should know better than that." She said, rolling her eyes at him.

"If it's scraps you need then there are plenty of those to be had."
They were ones you normally would toss to the apprentices or whatnot, but being that they were all Journeymen working on this project then no one would mind her tossing them her brother's way. "I don't mind, everyone else is on break and I could care less about such things. At least this way I can learn something." She said with a frown as she lead him towards the scraps of leather. There were several substantial pieces and smaller ones as well to play with.

Nari watched him sort through. She gave a nod at his explanation. "Makes a lot of sense." She said as he continued to sort. She dove in herself and pulled out much bigger and wider pieces to help in the process. Bigger was better was right, and she found a few, setting them aside for him to inspect. She gave him a look when he asked if she could stitch them. "Certainly." She said going to get a needle and thread to do just that with some smaller pieces as he sorted through more pieces. "Just imagine the kind of marks we can pull in when we pull this off. Plus, it will give me something to work on when everyone takes breaks or goes to sleep for the night." Very clearly the workaholic now.

"Have you seen or heard anything from the others..." Not that she wanted to know about their parents, but their siblings she was a touch worried about, always.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 04:39 PM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
258 Marks

"It's been done before, I'm certain, but we have the added bonus of being in a Weyr. If we can get the process down we could have everyone matching their dragons and whers!" He grinned at the idea, tossing his braid over his shoulder and refocusing on his scrap hunt. "Holders in specialized armor so they show their Hold's colours... This could be big. If we can pull it off. I'm nowhere near Master. Yet." That was his goal, of course. But that was a long time away.

"You don't take breaks?" Nav looked up at her with a frown. "You need to take breaks. We could take them together! I'll come find you for dinner. And lunch tomorrow!" He smiled up at her, absolutely thrilled to have his sister back in his life. Her other questions, however, gave him pause.

"I haven't. I'm assuming they ones old enough have gone into crafts. None of them are weavers, or I would've heard." He shrugged sadly. "I'll write the Hall and see if they've heard anything. At least there we'll actually get a response. Better than trying to write home. You should do the same."

@Aerona

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Dec 6 2017, 06:59 PM
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks

"Oh it has, I've seen it, but not to the extent that we could, being siblings and now in the same Weyr." She explained. As he added the matching dragons to riders she gave a nod. "Or maybe they want a color that accents their dragons, would could make tons of marks!" And nothing was more exciting than that. She didn't have much that excited her besides her craft and making money after all, then she could spend more money to get more expensive ingredients, or things that were better for her room. A tiny smirk touched her lips before it was gone again in a fleeting moment. She was less reserved around Navenax and didn't realize that until it was too late, damn. "Neither am I, but that's the goal, right? imagine becoming a master of this style though?"

"Not really, there's no need for them, I can get more work done without the others around anyways, less chattering going on and I can concentrate better." She said, a bit proudly. A frown then took over her face when he mentioned them taking them together. She couldn't say no, not when he was so happy about the idea. She withdrew her frown from her face. "Fine, we'll eat together." she waved a hand at him. She'd probably end up bringing work to the table with her, she could attempt to do some work then.

She sighed softly. "I hope so, I wouldn't wish that fate on any of them." That fate being their parents. "I haven't heard of any being in the tanner craft yet either." She shook her head. "I'm sure they would have gotten out as soon as they could." She had begged to get into her craft herself, she couldn't see the others doing any less. She didn't like talking about their parents, it brought bad memories back and she ruffled at that. "Yeah, I guess I should." She said, sorting through the scraps again and finding one to toss at him. "Once you get better I'll get you better sample pieces." She said, going to her area to dig a few better pieces out. "Here, you can only do so much with the scraps, right."

Nari shoved them into his hands. "I should get back to work, and you as well, see you at dinner then?" She said, placing her hands on her hips.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 07:19 PM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
258 Marks

"At dinner, then!" Navenax flashed a smile and squeezed Nari's arm, gathering his scraps and heading out to the bowl. A sharp yelp of surprise followed as he dropped the scraps and was dropped upon by a bright blue dragon.

Oh! Hello! You aren't a candidate, are you? You should be!
"I should be?" It hadn't ever been something he'd considered, but with the blue's face pressing against his chest it was hard not to consider it.

"Qith, honestly! You can't just - Oh! Hello!" The blue's rider peeked over the dragon's shoulders at Navenax before dropping off the dragon's back and ambling over. "Wa'ut of Qith. He seems to think you're candidate material..." He eyeballed the man's shoulder, looking for knots. "You aren't already one, are you?"

"No, sir." Navenax blinked.

Oh! Her too, Wa'ut! Get her, too! We have so many candidates now! We're going to win the next hatching!
"It isn't a game, love. We can't win it..."
But we're going to!
"That isn't how it... Nevermind. You aren't one, you say? Who's that back there. Is she a candidate?"

"No, sir. We're crafters. Are we being Searched?"
You ARE! Exciting, isn't it?

@Aerona

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 08:53 PM
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks

Nari tried to flash him a smile but that wasn't what showed on her face. She wasn't the happiest to be saddled into dinner and lunch next with her brother, the constant reminder of the home she had run from. Besides, he was much to...happy? For her tastes, and that bugged her too. She wasn't happy like him, and was pretty sure she could never be, even if she tried forever.

She heard her brother yelp, then a thud and her head cocked to the side. She hurried forwards and peeked her head out just as some weird blue dragon was yelling at her brother. That was happy in bounds and leaps above even her poor brother. She was pretty shocked, or majorly even when the snout poked into the hole towards her shouting her too. She nearly fell right over.

"What?" She added stupidly. Sure they had siblings that were on dragon back, but she never expected that to happen to either of them, and at the same time. "I think you're mistaken." She said, looking at the dragon like he was half out of his mind.

"Also, you don't win anything." She said, before shaking off her rudeness, to put that business face of her own back on. "I'm a crafter, not searched." she said, looking confused. "And a Journeyman, how am I supposed to give up my craft for this." She waved her hand at the blue, as she slowly snuck out into the clearing.

@Captain

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 09:42 PM
Wherlingmaster

218 Posts
258 Marks

Qith's eyes swirled with happiness and he wiggled, wings spreading then folding as he hunkered down and peered at the siblings, nose nearly touching Navenax. He huffed air at them. You don't give up your craft, do they Wa'ut?

His rider came to their rescue... Kind of. He smiled at them. "No, of course not. I'm a healer, myself. Working towards Master. Your crafting just replaces the chores of others. You might have to pause a bit during weyrlinghood, if you Impress, but that mostly depends on your individual tasks and projects..." He waved a hand idly. Qith had been ever-present during his own weylinghood, of course, and the pair had been in the infirmary which was usually big enough to accommodate dragons for the obvious reasons.

"You don't have to accept the Search," Wa'ut informed them only to be interrupted.
Yes they do. We have to win, Wa'ut!
Wa'ut sighed patiently. "You don't have to accept -" Yes you do. - "As it would add to your workload, but it is an honor and if it is something that interests you, I'd recommend approaching the candidatemaster. Qith and I will vouch for you."

Navenax gave the dragon a wary look, mostly because he was so close, then looked back to his sister, even as the words were already leaving his mouth. "I'll do it." He was being Searched! Who wouldn't want to be a candidate and stand a chance to Impress a dragon? "Thank you, Qith, was it?" Qith hummed in excitement, eyes swirling and wiggled, shifting his weight from paw to paw.

"There's one of you," Wa'ut nodded with a satisfied smile. "What of you, girl? Should I tell the candidatemasters myself? They'll expect you to report in regardless."

@Aerona

Captain's Crew
PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Today at 02:11 am
Journeyman

16 Posts
245 Marks

Nari stared for a moment, not so much because she was startled by the sudden dragon in front of her, but more for the fact that she was at a loss of what to do. She so badly wanted to be a Master in her craft, and this might slow it down. More work though, that enticed her more than anything ever could. "Probably not something just any ordinary candidate could accomplish, and it's only for a while longer if I don't get a dragon out of it." She said, thinking over her options.

Though the prospect of more work, and getting even farther away from her parents, for going between on her own dragon, that was more than she had ever hoped for. "I should manage it just fine." She said. "Qith is it, might as well tell him I will join too." She said, seeing her brother's glance towards her. "It would make working together easier if we are near more often." As much as she loathed the idea of more time with a family member.

At least this would be so much easier to endure. "And we could outfit our own dragons to show off the goods without having to bribe anyone." She said quickly behind her hand to her brother.

"I guess we should report in then. I'll be fine with the extra duties." She didn't really sleep much anyways, and getting to know the candidates who she might one day outfit would sell her wares better.

She reached her hand out then to Wa'ut to shake, and call it a deal of sorts. Old habits of the trade.

@Captain

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates